Did Michael get the gold leotard for the Dangerous Tour from Madonnas Blonde Ambition tour?

I think it is a phenomenal show piece, time piece ...whatever piece, and i believe it did its job , it's still got everyone talking about this outfit from .(....either wildly lovin it or hating it )...30 years ago!

i truly love it.

regarding the comment , did it look great with the jam jacket or not - not only can i see it , I can hear it too.

I do not hate it. -
Oh I get it. I think it was you and I, ages ago, that had a converation about the gold leotard and we decided to respectfully agree to disagree about this. Pretty sure it was you in that particular convo.

To be clear, my comments were not directed to you specifically, But I have seen quite a few conversations online - various places - where people express their dislike for the gold leotard in really, er, 'robust' terms, shall we say? Some people really do hate it. IIRC I've seen people state that, if they had been able to attend a Dangerous concert, they would not have gone purely bc they loathe the gold leotard that much. It could be that they are just indulging in a bit of online exaggeration. But I don't think so. Those conversations, they seemed dead serious to me. That outfit really stirs up some strong emotions, lol.

EDIT - @wendijane, I just saw your comment! We are on the same page here. Literally!!

And I would never state it as a fact that it's not a good stage costume.
Understood. You just don't like it from an aesthetic point of view.

I only say - it's not my taste.
Exactly so. I don't particularly care for the gold pants ...

OK, I'm gonna stop there. Right now, various peeps are having a collective breakdown, lol ...

Last edited:
I think it is a phenomenal show piece, time piece ...whatever piece, and i believe it did its job , it's still got everyone talking about this outfit from .(....either wildly lovin it or hating it )...30 years ago!
IKR! Awesome!!

I love the fact that this garment can get so many people talking about it so long after the gold leotard heyday. Now *that* is phenomenal.

My heart literally skipped a couple of beats with these photos. Its a piece of art :)

- If women find MJ attractive in it - then MJ appereantly knew what he was doing.
Oh Michael absolutely knew what he was doing. This outfit, and the gold pants did not just happen :love:. His outfits were both practical, flattering and show businessy!

Yes zin it is truly phenomenal , i believe alot of thought went into "ok so how do we make this..."
Everyone, i found this piece here in Vouge , which they did for Michael in 2018.

and to quote the person writing the article.
"Michael had to look as superhuman as he did to match his incomprehensible talents and the enigmatic phenomenon he was. Watching his interviews, I had similar childhood experiences, only I’d be shouting, “Ask him about his wardrobe!” (they never did.)
and this ...
Whether you remember Michael Jackson for his music, his performances, his sense of style or the full package that encompassed his art, the unbelievable thing isn’t that we lost him (nine)years ago, but that we ever had him in the first place.
************🌟✨
Long live the magic of Michael and his gold leotard !!!!

Last edited:
@wendijane you are killing me girl!!
Outside of human nature performance, my other favourite moment in that outfit is beginning of IJCSLY, when he walks to end of the stage and leans forward just slightly while singing the intro, often smiling 💕😘. If you know what I mean, I challenge you to find that moment in a photo ;)

@wendijane you are killing me girl!!
Outside of human nature performance, my other favourite moment in that outfit is beginning of IJCSLY, when he walks to end of the stage and leans forward just slightly while singing the intro, often smiling 💕😘. If you know what I mean, I challenge you to find that moment in a photo ;)
Hahaha aw ha
Well... i found this . intro-..leaning in slightly ...and hes smiling lol
2:21- 2:26
Full

yeah, those 2 made a good team, much better than the Cheryl person during Bad. Anyone remembers IJCSLY in Buenos Aires! It was a blast!
Ngl, not mad keen on Siedah's voice - much better than Sheryl but that's not saying much, really - but the Buenos Aires thing is killer. So funny! You can see Michael trying to hold it together, lol. :D

My fave IJCSLY is Judith Hill / TII.

I think it looked better in videos rather than in pictures. When Mike performs it makes more sense than it does in pictures

It isn't as cool as the Bad Tour silver jacket and buckles stuff

Back