Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Woah! This thread is moving fast! lots to read :popcorn:

It's nice to see it back to how it once was, sometimes it wouldn't have a new post for a long time :bugeyed

Lisha: ;) lol

Favoritetune: Sure :) :popcorn:

Woah! This thread is moving fast! lots to read :popcorn:

It's nice to see it back to how it once was, sometimes it wouldn't have a new post for a long time :bugeyed
You're right! It is moving fast. Sooo fast that I am not so sure what the song du jour for us to discuss is at the moment. :unsure: :lol:

So FT, should I still take the time to offer thoughts about the lyrics in Someone Put Your hand Out, or would you like us first to discuss Don't Stop Till You Get Enough? I'm game for either, I just want to make sure I'm on track.

Lola was just her "stage" name.
You are SO funny!!!

MP said:
Actually, according to Wikipedia, Melissa is "a nod to singer Melissa Manchester."
Ah. Interesting tidbit

MP said:
What's funny about this song is it reminds me of early mornings getting ready for kindergarten. My mother had a daily ritual of playing the radio in the morning as we prepared for our day, she would listen to pop music and this song was BIG that year. I remember not liking it back then at all. In fact it made me feel a little depressed because of the moody melody, and of course, I couldn't relate to the lyics at all as a kindergartener.

Well, why not? Young Michael had no problem singing Climb Every Mountain like he was the Mother Superior himself...so why couldn't you put yourself into that song "as the magically love-filled Barry Manilow?" :lol:

I was so fortunate, now I think about it, to go see Barry Manilow in concert back in the eighties at the Greek Theater in LA. Just picture how lovely to be sitting in an outdoor theater under the blanket of the night sky with all the stars twinkling above and hearing Barry singing smooth songs like this, one after another. :) I was never a "fan fan" of his, I'm not really wired like that, but I sure enjoyed his music. Yet, I was quite tickled when just a few years ago my close friend disclosed to me that she and her friends when young girls were crazy about him and wild fans! haha. It's hard to picture her being like that when considering how even tempered she is today.

MP said:
But you know ...

The song kind of reminds me of another song I have always found very romantic. It is more of a latin tune rather than classical, but they both seem to have the same vibe to me.

Wow. What a powerful song. :eek: I'm going to listen to it again...

Coming back later to talk about magic. And SPYHO? I love SPYHO! Will have to give the lyrics some "deep thought."

:clapping:

MP said:
I'm gonna imitate God and "call those things that are not as though they were." I call out to the North, South, East and West and call forth all former members of the LITD thread back "home."
You have such a way with words, I tell ya. Now you go do that!!! Herd them all in here! :D

Last edited:
popcorn-MJ.gif

You stole my gif.... :shifty: :p

This is a beautiful thread so Lets all get back on topic Please :)

Thanks for that!!!!!

Last edited:
So without reading through this thread and reading probably over 1,000 pages, what are we now discussing about this topic? lol I've totally lost track :p

Woah! This thread is moving fast!

It's crawlin' like a centipede ...

Edit:

Well, why not? Young Michael had no problem singing Climb Every Mountain like he was the Mother Superior himself...so why couldn't you put yourself into that song "as the magically love-filled Barry Manilow?"

I know. What an immature kindergartener, eh? lol!

I was never a "fan fan" of his, I'm not really wired like that, but I sure enjoyed his music.

Not a Fanilow, eh? I'm the same way. I'm not like his other fans, but I enjoy his music.

Wow. What a powerful song. I'm going to listen to it again...

Forgot to add that "mi morena" actually means "my dark-skinned one" or perhaps "my dark-haired one." I think it might relate more to skin, though.

You stole my gif....

No, that's not a gif, that's actual footage. I was there at the taping of that video.
tongue.gif

You're right! It is moving fast. Sooo fast that I am not so sure what the song du jour for us to discuss is at the moment.

Coming back with a couple of very interesting songs to discuss.

BTW, Happy Spring, Everyone!

Last edited:
Hey Lainy, here's a hug for ya: :hug:Thanks for letting us know you are okay now.

I'm gonna imitate God and "call those things that are not as though they were." I call out to the North, South, East and West and call forth all former members of the LITD thread back "home."
Well, keep doing what you are doing because AllForMJ was around last night, yay, I saw her...now just call her all the way back into this thread! :wild:

Wouldn't that be one humdinger of an ending to this thread (as my grandpa would say).
Yeah, I'm hoping I'll be asked to serve the punch.

So without reading through this thread and reading probably over 1,000 pages, what are we now discussing about this topic? lol I've totally lost track :p
Hi there MJzPrincess. We are starting to look over the lyrics of some early songs like Don't Stop Until You Get Enough.

Before I personally do that, I would like some help in knowing if these lines are accurate or not...do you guys hear these lines this way in DSTYGE? (the below via lyrics posted online):

1. Is the force the vow?

2. Heartbreak is the feeling now?

It's crawlin' like a centipede ...
Did Michael write this song? WE SHOULD ANALYZE IT!

MP said:
I know. What an immature kindergartener, eh? lol!
But I bet you were cute!

When you were only startin'
to go to kindergarten
You must have made the cutest bow
Well you must have been a beautiful baby,

but baby....look at you now
!

(that was the second song I learned to sing when I was little. the first was Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. lol I was on a roll!)

MP said:
Not a Fanilow, eh?
Haha. Were his fans really called that way back when? The fan/artist nickname thing didn't start with "beliebers"? I.had.no.idea. You're so full of interesting information, MP. I'm gonna stick around you. :yes:

Forgot to add that "mi morena" actually means "my dark-skinned one" or perhaps "my dark-haired one." I think it might relate more to skin, though.
I was getting ready to ask you about that. I was wondering if "Morena" was the girl's name in the song. So then we'd have Lola, Melissa and Morena to sort through and I was becoming overwhlemed. lol.

MP said:
No, that's not a gif, that's actual footage. I was there at the taping of that video.:p
Was somebody holding you in their arms?

'cause weren't you only about two back then? :p

MP said:
Coming back with a couple of very interesting songs to discuss.
Well that is good news, as always! :D

Lisha take your pick, i was just trying to keep the thread on topic.

AllforMJ?!?!? Did you really see her or are you toying with me? AllforMJ lady where are you? I miss reading your posts. You're incredible!

MP looking forward to your song posts.

MJZsprincess I saw your name before. are you Ms. JZ's Princess? a JZ fan :D

edit here

i'm not sure about the force vow things i'm gonna have to listen a bit and i think i'll write what i think i hear in the song but thatll take me a bit so maybe i'll post it tom.

gnight ladies

Last edited:
In keeping with the theme of The Family Jackson, this song came out in 1984. It is technically not a "Michael" song. It actually belongs to his brother, Jermaine. As a matter of fact, it wasn't even written by Michael or anyone in his family for that matter. However, Michael definitely has his parts in this song and in keeping with our belief that the realtionship between MJ and his LITD was being divinely guided and the fact that MJ "don't sing it unless he means it," I think this song would very much fit. In fact, amazingly, I think you will hear all of the concepts in the lyrics that we have touched on in this very thread, especially MJ's parts which I have highlighted in the lyrics.

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin'

Lyrics:

Moonlight took me by surprise
'light coming from your eyes
Are you with me
Am I here with you
Are we in paradise
Tell me I'm not dreamin'

I know I've been here before
You go, then you come back for more
It's a mystery how you disappear
Like a shadow in the night
Tell me I'm not dreamin'

Chorus:
Are you too good to be true
Tell me I'm not dreamin'
Tell me I'm not dreamin'

Midnight images of you
You slipped, slipped into my room
Could be magic, could be fantasy
Could it be that we're in love

Your voice whispers in the dark
You're talk, talking to my heart
Are you with me
Am I here with you
Are we in paradise

(Chorus)

When the morning comes
Wake me with your love
Let me know that I'm not dreamin'
Tell me this is real
Show me how you feel
Say it's what we both believe in ...

(Chorus)

Well, keep doing what you are doing because AllForMJ was around last night, yay, I saw her...now just call her all the way back into this thread! :wild:

:wild:

MP I love that song. :)

(fantasy or not just let me dream for a bit) wouldn't that be such a perfect conclusion to this thread (and beginning to much more). Lisha would that punch be spiked or not? Lol. What would I do? I would want to have one dance with the groom at least. All the litd gals&guys would have to have a slumber party the night before or so. For snacks we'd have chocolate covered popcorn and mushy peas for sure. That's a given. What else??

How wonderful to see that I have to dedicate myself to so much reading!
I had some personal problems, my car was stolen. And worse than my work depends on the car ... But that's alright :)

As I update the topic discussed here, I let a song that I love so much ... a lot these days and I love it!
Did you go back from where you came?
If I get there, will they have my name?
If they don't, I'll only have myself to blame
For all these things, true happiness is having wings

[youtube]90ZcZccUrFQ[/youtube]

MysteriousPheonix;

There are a few songs that michael's brothers have sung that sound like it could have came from MJ about her, surprisingly. I wouldn't be surprised lol

Spiked punch :)

Please no mushy peas but i'd certainly go for lots of popcorn!

What would happen to this thread if that were to happen? Oh i know everyone would post their wedding photos and dances with the groom so those who didn't post in here would be upset that they didn't go. People could throw popcorn instead of rice

Iceburg, that's another name I saw before, What up?

MP I dont know what to say about snakes crawling and centipedes but the mind could wonder. Here's a nice link of a centipede. Edit in Centipede link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmTPz0t6fk I will say the words are saying that when it's queit at night and the snakes crawling he'll be crying so many tears. if we look at the symbolism for those words that could say a lot but i aint going there.

Tell Me I'm not dreaming :) now see i think this song is a perfect one for AllforMJ to analyze I noticed mj was singing some words you missed cause Jermaine sung part of it. I made it bold along with the other ones you did.

Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin'

Lyrics:

Moonlight took me by surprise
'light coming from your eyes
Are you with me
Am I here with you
Are we in paradise
Tell me I'm not dreamin'

I know I've been here before
You go, then you come back for more
Tell me I'm not dreamin'

Chorus:
Tell me I'm not dreamin'
Tell me I'm not dreamin'

Midnight images of you
You slipped, slipped into my room
Could be magic, could be fantasy
Could it be that we're in love

Your voice whispers in the dark
You're talk, talking to my heart
Are you with me
Am I here with you
Are we in paradise
(Chorus)

When the morning comes
Wake me with your love
Let me know that I'm not dreamin'
Tell me this is real
Show me how you feel
Say it's what we both believe in ...

(Chorus)

Lisha Don't stop Till you get enough

i was wondering you know if, if you could keep on because, the force it's, it's got a lot of power and, it make feel like a, it, it make me feel like OOOOOOOOOW!

lovin is the feelin now
fever tempertures risin now
power oh power
is at first a vow

that makes it happen
it asks no questions why
get closer, closer now
to my body now
just love me till you don't know how ooh

now to quote mj "you make it something dirty it's not dirty" or he said something like that

Edit

it didnt save my bold parts these lyrics
Are you with me
Am I here with you
Are we in paradise

Tell me I'm not dreamin' w

Last edited:
^ It seems pretty clear from those adlibs at the end, that MJ is singing in Jermiane's song, that he is certainly convinced he's not dreaming.

At least, that is what he most often repeats:

I'm NOT dreaming!

P.S. Sorry, Iceberg, to hear about your car being stolen. :( I hope you will get it replaced with little hassle and have convenient transportation back and forth to your work restored to you. You seem to be maintaining a positive attitude with it all. I like your fortitude. :) Thanks for posting that song for us.

The girl speaking in the video seems to have a real soft spot for critters, even creeping ones.

I just read over the lyrics to the song, Centipede...and to be honest, I don't get it's meaning.

Before I listened to the lyrics and just was going by the name, I thought maybe it was about a girl who went on a first date with some guy who was "all arms" and not leaving her alone and moving too fast. But, nah, that doesn't seem to be what the words are saying at all. :scratch:

haha no sounds more like. well, in the quiet of the night and the snake is in the crawling and the moon starts to glow and disappear when the time is really right and the centipede is crawling he'll be crying in the night so many tears

seems to fit in line with the mystery, are you, am i dreaming, what was the line from pyt about going upstairs, that stuff, this song says like you crawled into the bathroom window to give him all your love, but if someone was physically there would he be crying? song is sort of confusing but in a way it's not.

Edit here "you make it sound dirty but it's not"

Last edited:
Oh, geesh, maybe I'm getting us sidetracked here with this song...but now that we've gotten started. Confirm for me, if you can, MJ did write the lyrics, yes?

haha no sounds more like. well, in the quiet of the night and the snake is in the crawling and the moon starts to glow and disappear when the time is really right and the centipede is crawling he'll be crying in the night so many tears

seems to fit in line with the mystery, are you, am i dreaming, what was the line from pyt about going upstairs, that stuff, this song says like you crawled into the bathroom window to give him all your love, but if someone was physically there would he be crying? song is sort of confusing but in a way it's not.

Edit here "you make it sound dirty but it's not"

First of all, is this song from the girl's perspective or the guy's? Rebbie is singing it, but if MJ worte it, then well that would explain this line: To give him all your love...which shows it is talking about a female coming to a "him." Right?

The lyrics basically include:

(Centipede)
(Centipede)

Your love is like a raging fire
You're a snake that's on the loose
The strike is your desire
But when the centipede is hot
You're bound to feel the fire

I feel, oh yeah, a longing for your touch
Like you crawled into the bathroom window
To give him all your love
Like a centipede that's hot
The fire is in your touch
Just like a centipede you've got
A lot of loving to touch

Don't you know
In the quiet of the night
Is when the snake is in the crawlin'
And the moon starts to glow then disappear
When the time is really right
Is when the centipede is crawlin'
You'll be crying in the night
So many tears
And crawlin' like a centipede
(centipede)

Gosh, so confusing. Are the snake and the centipede both representing the same person? Or whatever they are personifying? Or is the snake the enemy to the centipede? :blink:

The last section sounds like a warning. Centipedes are poisonous? And some snakes are venomous?

It's not about sensuality then, is what MJ was trying to say?

Because one thing I was thinking is that it's a warning one guy is giving to a girl whose passion and attraction/magnetism he has picked up on, but he thinks if she's not too careful with it, she will attract the snakes that are all too willing to take advantage of it.

But that is probably what MJ was thinking others might interpret it as, and he is saying no to that?

EDIT: actually, now that I think about it, the theme is reminding me a bit of some things about Serious Effect.

The snake is some guy who is on the prowl... and the guy singing has his eye on some girl whose love he's wanting and who he feels ...I guess like some other songs he puts...hot fever, or I feel your fever for miles around, and in CSTYGE, "lovin is the feelin now/fever tempertures risin now" with...and he is imagining this hot fever in her reaching the snake, and that is the metaphore here for that:

I feel, (the guy singing) oh yeah, a longing for your touch(the guy singing)
Like you (the girl, metaphore coming -->) crawled into the bathroom window
To give him (the snake) all your love

Then he goes on to warn her, look, you don't want this kind of guy to pick up on your hot fever...much better ME...for even though I feel it, I won't do you wrong (Something like that). In other words, he's sayin' "Give the love to me, a more worthy recipient."

Maybe it's in the middle of the night...

...when he thinks about her, and his attraction to her, and this whole thing with this other guy, the snake.
Maybe he is "feeling her" so strong in his spirit when it is all quiet like that at nght and it gets him thinking about it all.

Last edited:
First of all, is this song from the girl's perspective or the guy's? Rebbie is singing it, but if MJ worte it, then well that would explain this line: To give him all your love...which shows it is talking about a female coming to a "him." Right?

(Centipede)
(Centipede)

A lot of loving to touch

Don't you know
So many tears
(centipede)

Gosh, so confusing. Are the snake and the centipede both representing the same person? Or whatever they are personifying? Or is the snake the enemy to the centipede? :blink:

The last section sounds like a warning. Centipedes are poisonous? And some snakes are venomous?

Because one thing I was thinking is that it's a warning one guy is giving ot a girl whose passion and attraction/magnetism he has picked up on, but he thinks if she's not too carefulwith it, she will attrack the snakes that are all too willing to take advantage of it.

But that is probably what MJ was thinking others might interpret it as, and he is saying no to that?

EDIT: actually, now that I think about it, the theme is reminding me a bit of some things about Serious Effect.

The snake is some guy who is on the prowl... and the guy singing has his eye on some girl whose love he's wanting and who he feels ...I guess like some other songs he puts...hot fever, or I feel your fever for miles around, and in CSTYGE, "lovin is the feelin now/fever tempertures risin now" with...and he is imagining this hot fever in her reaching the snake, and that is the metaphore here for that:

hey guys! thought id come by and say hi and to try get my groove bck in this thread

I was thinking the meaning of that song could be : too much love can be a bad thing

Hi, 8701girl! *waves*

Hey, that is a good way to sum up the song...which lyrics make you think that? :flowers:

~ when was this song written? Anyone know?

Hi, 8701girl! *waves*

Hey, that is a good way to sum up the song...which lyrics make you think that? :flowers:

This part of the song is what got me thinking that : Is when the centipede is crawlin'
So many tears

Ah...so are you sort of thinking the centipede with all it's legs and all it's crawling is representing "too much" love, or someone trying to live out too much love, and then the outcome is their crying of many tears? Yeah, I can see that. :)

Ah...so are you sort of thinking the centipede with all it's legs and all it's crawling is representing "too much" love, or someone trying to live out too much love, and then the outcome is their crying of many tears? Yeah, I can see that. :)

The "someone trying to live out too much love then the outcome is their crying of many tears" part is what i mainly kinda thinking of

hey 8701 girl, i remember you.

Lisha you would go and post the lyrics. i'm guessing this song was written when mj was in his raging youth hormone stage and likely had urges he could not address well that left him in tears probably for some girl who wasn't there. my guess is thoughts of some girl had him feeling like a burn from a centipede, crawling like a centipede could mean quickly leaving as thoughts appear and disappear

Oh, geesh, maybe I'm getting us sidetracked here with this song...but now that we've gotten started. Confirm for me, if you can, MJ did write the lyrics, yes?

(Centipede)
(Centipede)

A lot of loving to touch

Don't you know
So many tears
(centipede)

Because one thing I was thinking is that it's a warning one guy is giving ot a girl whose passion and attraction/magnetism he has picked up on, but he thinks if she's not too carefulwith it, she will attrack the snakes that are all too willing to take advantage of it.

Like you (the girl, metaphore coming -->) crawled into the bathroom window

Then he goes on to warn her, look, you don't want this kind of guy to pick up on your hot fever...much better ME...for even though I feel it, I won't do you wrong (Something like that). In other words, he's sayin' "Give the love to me, a more worthy recipient."

Maybe it's in the middle of the night...

...when he thinks about her, and his attraction to her, and this whole thing with this other guy, the snake.
Maybe he is "feeling her" so strong in his spirit when it is all quiet like that at nght and it gets him thinking about it all.

Thanks, Ash, for posting the date!

Well, Favoritetune, I wish you had said that in the first place! :lol: Gosh, I wouldn't have attempted to figure it all out!

Yeah, that makes total sense, especially seeing how it was writtten in the early 80's and all. He was pretty young.

Was this song a hit in its day?

Oh, FT, since you put it this way:

FT said:
my guess is thoughts of some girl had him feeling like a burn from a centipede...

It doesn't speak of love so it could just be some cute girl her was attracted to at the time and probably not the LITD girl. Or, were you kinda thinking it would have been the LITD girl (if she exists or existed to him back then). And if so...why?

FT, you also said,

"...for some girl that wasn't there..."

By this are you meaning she wasn't physically there with him right then at the moment when he was feeling his "urges" and wanted to express them, or are you meaning that she wasn't there because she was "out of his life" and was no longer "around," so, he couldn't see her or talk to her anymore in person, and therefore, have any hope at all of expressing his love to her in anyway any time soon? That could make someone cry, sure.

Or was she "around" but he didn't have the courage to "make something happen" so at night when things like this overcame him, he'd be frustrated and very sad?

Left all alone in his love and desire. I guess that would be the case either way. :(

EDIT: btw, I wasn't toyin' with you all; I really did see AllForMJ the other night. :) Now I remember she used to not always have access to a computer, maybe that's still the case. But I thought it was a good sign that since July 2011 this is her first time back, indicating she now once again has a working password and can get in here! Yay! Hope she makes it back real soon.

Last edited:

He wrote love. i imagine he wrote the words i feel a longing for your touch like you crawled into the bathroom window to give me all your love and changed it to him instead of me so someone else could sing it but i'm just guessing

He wrote love. i imagine he wrote the words i feel a longing for your touch like you crawled into the bathroom window to give me all your love and changed it to him instead of me so someone else could sing it but i'm just guessing

So the line,

might have been originally,

I'll
being crying in the night?

Maybe this is why the meaning in the song is confusing when one tries to break things down because some pronouns he went ahead and changed for the singer (Rebbie), and some just were kept unchanged. So it is difficult to know who the I's and You's, Yours', You're's and the Him, are all referring to.

FT, this song, Centipede, wasn't supposed to be this interesting to talk about...how did that happen? haha. Thanks for being willing to discuss it with me like this. You, too, 8701girl. :)

(and thank you, MP, for posting the song vid for Centipede. Did you have any idea several posts later it would still be the subject of discussion?!!!)

Last edited:
Back