Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

^ :wink: yeah probably huh :lol:

MP I'm just getting around to playing those last song posts of yours.

MP = Musical Physician

There's just no other way to explain it :giggle: just how do u do that

Musical Physician...hmmm...I really like that! :cheeky:

Well, I know I posted this song in here a long time ago, but I just heard it again in a restaurant, and it seems more significant than ever considering Ben E. King's recent passing and everything going on in the world today. Also, it really encourages me. I was reading that it was based on a song called "Lord, Stand By Me." So...for anyone needing some encouragement in here...*spoken in a Casey Kasem voice* "Here is your long-distance dedication..." lol!

Last edited:
The song, Stand By Me, is certainly worth repeating , MP...so I'm glad you posted it again for us. :)

These lyrics in the song here:

If the sky, that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
And the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

Sort of remind me of the theme in the song below, that I have on my iPod; It's a Whitney Houston song, and I just really, really like it. After she past away I looked up some of her songs on YouTube, because, believe it or not, I wasn't all that familiar with her music, and when I came across My Love, Is Your Love, I knew it was a song I wanted to be able to play whenever I wanted to. I think the production is clever, too. And, of course, it is quite the romantic song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsYuqffq4GM

[youtube]dsYuqffq4GM[/youtube]

My Love Is Your Love

(clap your hands, yall its alright....)

If tomorrow is judgement day (sing mommy)
And I'm standin' on the front line
And the Lord ask me what I did with my life
I will say I spent it with you

If I wake up in WW 3
I see destruction and poverty
And I feel like I want to go home
It's okay if your commin' with me

Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couldn't hold us

If I lose my fame and fortune
And I'm homeless on the street
And I'm sleepin' in Grand Central Station
It's okay if you're sleepin' with me

As the years they pass us by
We stay young through each other's eyes
And no matter how old we get
It's okay as long as I got you babe

[Chorus]

If I should die this very day
Don't cry, cause on earth we wasn't meant to stay
And no matter what people say
I'll be waiting for you after judgement day

(I think maybe the last time you posted the song, Stand By Me, I mentioned the similarity to those same lyrics with lyrics in For All Time , didn't I? Lyrics: Should tumble and fall/And the mountain should crumble)

:flowers:

That has got to be Whitney's best. song. ever! I can see why you have it on your iPod. I think I also remember you mentioning one time, Lisha, that it was also one of Michael's favorite songs?

It also made me think of another song I posted a while back, and well, since I've been in song recycling mode, I thought I'd post it again since it is sort of in the same vein as Whitney's powerful song, and also very fitting in these very uncertain times. Last time, I posted the Bette Midler version, so I though this time around I'd post a version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. (And please don't ask me to pronounce his last name. I am not Hawaiian, I just wish I were.:)

EDIT:

(I think maybe the last time you posted the song, Stand By Me, I mentioned the similarity to those same lyrics with lyrics in For All Time , didn't I? Lyrics: Should tumble and fall/And the mountain should crumble)

:flowers:

Yes, I just discovered an amazing connection between these last three songs posted and MJ's songs, "For All Time" and "Fall Again."

In "Stand By Me" there is the lyric:

"If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall and the mountain should crumble to the sea..."

In MJ's song, "For All Time," he sings:

"Maybe the walls will tumble/crumble..."

There's also the mortality theme in "Whitney's and Israel's songs where Whitney sings:

"If I should die this very day..."

And Israel sings:

"I know that I won't live forever..."

And in "Fall Again" MJ sings:

I can breathe, I can bleed, I can die in my sleep."

Also, Israel sings about the sun:

"Let the sun stop burning..."

And MJ sings in "For All Time":

...and the sun refuse to shine."

Neat, huh?:)

And now for my next "re-post"... I was out of town visiting family and they were watching a movie with this LITD thread song in it, and then the very next day I went into a candy shop with them because I like sugar, and lo and behold this very same song was playing in there (not to mention it was followed by the song, "Iris" which was also posted in here). I took it as confirmation...or maybe just an excuse to post this again.:)"

Also...being so close to that infamous date we all dread has made me relive vivid memories of that time and I guess just experiencing the summer solstice yesterday at the same time has reminded me of the song Stevie Wonder sang at Michael's funeral.

Well, that all got me thinking of the song Lisha posted around the same time ~ "If Ever I Would Leave You." It is similar in that it mentions summer and is kind of like a reply to Stevie's song.

https://youtu.be/1V81Wmbx-wM

Last edited:
I've been around this section and read the other threads, so I figured I might as well step into this one.

It is a bit intimidating though since it is so very long. Lisha had told me about it and I did check this last page earlier in the year and a few days ago I even managed to skim through some posts every 50 pages or so lol, but I was wondering - what is this thread about?

Last edited:
why can I come to this thread again? it was in private section and not reachable for me before. Yes, I would like to watch a film like someone mentioned on previous page. So many people nowadays die at 50 from heart attacks or cancer or even at 40, I hope I live long enough to see such film coming out. But as there are none it seems I stick mostly to some stupid vampire and verwolf teenager series :)

Last edited:
why can I come to this thread again? it was in private section and not reachable for me before. Yes, I would like to watch a film like someone mentioned on previous page. So many people nowadays die at 50 from heart attacks or cancer or even at 40, I hope I live long enough to see such film coming out. But as there are none it seems I stick mostly to some stupid vampire and verwolf teenager series :)

And the movie plot would be what exactly? Actually I do have the slightest idea about it since someone, who wishes to remain anonymous did shed some light on the history of this discussion. I was starting to relate a bit too much to the Invisible man song by Queen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaJTZWCWmvo :p Apparently the thread was quite active at some point and supposedly magical as well. I guess I will have to do a bit of reading myself whenever time will allow and see what I make of it. The size of it though is rather massive. I see that it began in 2008 before Michael died. Interesting that it lasted so long. I've actually landed by chance on postings from June 25th 2009 and I thought this was beautiful

Hello to all here.

You know, this thread has always been about love, hasn't it?

Michael wished for a love that was so divine,

and there is no greater divine romance or love than the Love he is experiencing right now in heaven with Jesus... the truest, purest, form of Love that no earthy love or romance could ever match up to.

I'm so very glad that God made it work out for Michael (and for us to learn, for it helps us) that he had such a happy, happy night at reheasals the night before he was taken to be with the Lord. But even that amount of happiness he felt that night does not compare to the happiness he is feeling now. God's incomparable Love is what Michael is on the receiving end of right now in full force!

There will be no more pain, and no more shame, and no more anxiety or fears, and no more worries in heaven, only Peace, and Comfort, and Love, and great Joy. I am so happy for you, Michael!

Thank you, Lord, for giving that gift of heaven to Michael, and thank you for giving us here the privilege of loving this very special and beautiful man. It is through Your amazing grace that Michael, or any of us, can have this greatest blessing of all...to be called one of your own.

God is Love. Michael has always been about Love. And now God is giving all His Love to Michael in heaven.

A Love so Divine.

And to think that this was on page 340 something......interesting how in spite of Michael's death the talk keept on goin' for so very long.

Like someone else said on the same page

beautifull words. And I have been thinking about this thread.
I hope Michael found love.. I hope he died happy..
oh I can't understand that this man that we speak of is no longer among us..

Now MJ has found love in the Light.

Lovely sentiments, really lovely.

Last edited:
I've been thinking a lot about the need for some closure to this part of my life. Do you think writing about it would be a good way of dealing with it and bringing some closure? I would only do it if God wants it.

Yeah, writing has indeed a 'healing' nature. It offers the heart a 'solution' and some form of 'closure' to move on. It doesn't have to be a story though, thoughts or reflections can have the same affect. It's like your are 'releasing' it on paper so it can cause no more havoc in your brain or your heart.

Go for it!

Although I haven't read every post in this thread, I understand it is about love. Quite perceptive of me, I know, considering the title and all.......

I also understand it is about some type of connection between Michael's songs and his life, ergo some sort of romantic interest of his. Well, isn't that true about ANY love story, what's so special about them? I still don't realy get it. When people fall in love, aren't ALL love songs coming true? At times, it can be for a night, for others yet it is for a few seasons and for some until death truly sets them apart.

Anyways, me and my silly questions don't really matter.

Last edited:
It's 2015,yet this thread Is timelessely In 2008-mid 09 with Michael and many wonderful envolving moments here! ' the feeling and vibe Is still alive within each page and posts the playfulness between Michael and early posters still evident ,at least for me.I'm only posting this to express true Appreciation for this thread,and gladness It still Exist.

Ahhhh omg I have missed this thread !!!
I just wanted to ask do any of you guys dream about mj much?

I don't sleep barely at all these days and I miss having mj dreams :(

Is he OK?

I think the problem with this thread is too many silly love songs.

"You'd think that people would've had enough of silly love songs. But I look around me and I see it isn't so. Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs. And what's wrong with that? I'd like to know, 'cause here I go agaiiiiiiiiiiiin......."

Edit: Strange...very, very strange, but I woke up the other morning with this song running through my head. I never listened to this song much when it first came out (had to actually look up the lyrics), but it's kind of interesting in this thread.

Last edited:
MP, Thanks for posting the video with Paula Abdul, haven't heard of her music for years, she has a more positive song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukMbVnhhdc

and from there there was another link to a nice song here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2LzuVrqLQ

"Unbreak My Heart" has a certain sad and haunting quality to it like this song... (I was just reading that this song, "Jesse," entered Billboard's Hot 100 Chart on September 16, 1973-exactly 42 years to the DAY that I am posting this!:mello: That just gave me chills!)

Last edited:
I tried to see what they have in the top charts (for single performers and groups) now at youtube, but it seems I don't like anything or almost nothing. Then moved to some talent shows where they sing famous songs again but it seems again the voices are perfect but they all just don't feel what they sing, no expressiveness, or not enough. Finding nothing to please my ear. So here we go back to the past. I came across 2 different songs, 2 live performances, one by MJ I heard before, but what struck me most is the endings of the songs, are made somehow in the same manner, though it's different songs, different words. what do you think? could it be a result of a past collaboration, or one taught another or just a coincidence? First one is by Whitney Houston and the second is MJ (in a duet).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUQJvfDXrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khQERZUFbVE

MP, it seems your links to video don't work (exist).
I have found the working link here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt_v-r0oUAQ
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
^ Yes, "Killing Me Softly" is a great song (you should try listening to it while watching MJ perform in the "This Is It" video - pretty moving actually), but I was referring to the song, "Jesse" in the last post. Thanks for posting "IJCSLY" from "This Is It." I was just listening to the song, "This Is It" before posting this. Even though it took place in 2009, it all seems like it happened yesterday, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, I really like "Mandy" too. That song actually comes to my mind every now and then for some reason. And Hmmm...seems like these "Jesses/Jessies" have a tendency of leavin' and leaving their loved ones to the wolves.

I found these particular lyrics from "Jessie" interesting:

Jessie paint your pictures
About how it's gonna be
By now I should know better
Your dreams are never free
But tell me all about our little trailer by the sea
Oh Jessie you can always sell any dream to me

I'll love you in the sunshine
Lay you down in the warm, white sand
And who knows maybe this time
Things will turn out just the way you planned

Reminds me of this song which started swirling in my head not too long ago:

Lyrics:

Here you come again

Just when I've begun to get myself together

You waltz right in the door
Just like you've done before
And wrap my heart 'round your little finger

Here you come again

Just when I'm about to make it work without you

You look into my eyes
And lie those pretty lies
And pretty soon I'm wonderin', how I came to doubt you

All you gotta do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You're messin' up my mind
And fillin' up my senses

Here you come again

Lookin' better than a body has a right to

And shakin' me up so that all I really know is
Here you come again
And here I go

All you gotta do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You're messin' up my mind
And fillin' up my senses

Here you come again

Lookin' better than a body has a right to

And shakin' me up so that all I really know is
Here you come again
And here I gooooo oooooah
Here I go

And here I go

And here I go

Here you come again

And here I go
Here I go
And here I go...

Last edited:
yes, it seems many musicians have similar themes, like leaving and returning or asking to return. MJ also has "Don't walk away" and "One more chance". The thing is that opposite to the songs many people just don't have this "one more chance" if the decision in the young years was made wrong then people are just get too prejudiced against opposite sex, don't want to change anything in their lives or feel being too old and ill for this or are considered to be too old to deal with by those who look only at the surface and are after youth and beauty.

Last edited:
Weren't the 80's great?

(Sorry, I just happened to wake up to this song playing in my head the other morning.)

In keeping with the "heavenly" theme ...

Weird how this re-post has been coming to mind lately. Used to play it every November and it has come up again.

Well...actually...I'd like to end on a more upbeat note with a real "feel-good" song that I think has always been a perfect fit for this thread since it has always been pretty "magical." So...I think a re-post of the song, "Magic" would be most appropriate. I think Kenny Ortega sang this in TII. Hey, you stole "my" song, Kenny!!! lol!

Last edited:
Is it crazy to watch the same thing 9 times, almost the same, based on the same book, but screened by different film producers during different times (I watched 9 versions by now, some I couldn't watch till the end as they were badly made, deviating from the book too much or the main actor (or actress) was not sympathetic enough and fitting to the role and it seems there will sure be more films in the future, due to wikipedia there were about 30 or so screenings of this famous novel "Jane Eyre"). Is interesting to compare the play of the actors and how they did it and who was better. It reminded me of this thread, the basic theme is the same but it lasts for years and there are different variations presented by different users. Somehow I find some parallels in some parts of the novel (film) and the theme of this thread. I liked 1996 and 2011 film versions and I liked TV series of 1973, 1983 and 2006. TV series of 2006 were the most exciting and I think are the best of all. The others which I don't mention don't seem worth seeing, as some are quite horrible. Why on earth would I watch that, the explanation is simple, it was raining here 5 days long, it seems something for a rainy weather. Or maybe something is lacking in my life and I find it in this thread and films :) I guess I am not the only one. All romantic girls were in this thread but due to the fact that the subject of discussion is in heaven for many years by now lost their inspiration and left one by one. Though the songs stay forever and can be discussed further on! MP, do you know that somehow and this is strange I have some email box already for many years sounding similar to your nickname here? Was interesting to find someone picking up similar things. I've read and listened the previous page completely only now, MP, I hope you came to a closure you strived for in your previous posts. You wrote "if God wants", it made me think of one thing. Though I am not a real believer and drop to the church only once a year or so, though I live very close to it, so this summer I was passing the church, looked at it and asked the God to finally make his judgement, as one person did too much harm to me and not only to me, the astonishing was to find out that that person died unexpectedly on that very day as I was told later. I find it also strange that though I am in this thread and forum since 2008, it is stated that my join date to this forum is in 2011.

Last edited:
Girl, thank you for dropping here again. It was not ill wishing to that person, I was not even thinking of him on that day if not my woman friend came by and started questioning and getting astonished to what he did for years and continued doing or actually not doing and at some point my tolerance came to an end and I understood that it is very unfair if it continues going on like this as some people do things and always think they can get away with that.

Also returning to pointing out mistakes I think it should be God or whoever is up there pointing a person of his mistakes and not a human. I think God warns us many times in this way or another by his signs before taking a crucial action. Meaning that all mentionings of doing an error even in a loving and gentle way like our parents usually do won't have an effect on a person just because he doesn't really understands it completely untill he or she makes their own experience and their own mistakes.

You wrote: "And one can also hope that all romantic souls in this thread found their own happiness. I think it's a nice thought and wish, exactly because it is so wide spread, the longing for love which lies at the heart of any human soul."

This will be a very nice wish for all of us for Christmas as I think.

"You mentioned the phoenix you and MP have in common. At times I think people can take words and coincidences a bit too seriously, but I think this is mostly the universe's way of talking back to us and to reassure us that we are not alone."

With me chosing that name was connected with some period of time in my life when I felt like people were killing me time after time, like I was dieing and then resurrecting like phoenix, it was the way I felt about myself.

"Leaving irrelevant little me aside, I think it's entirely understandable that this thread wouldn't be terribly active, especially with Michael being gone. I think all we can hope is that before he left this earth he had found some surreal happiness in the arms of whomever he loved. Lord knows he certainly deserved that after all the good he did for so many and all the sorrow he endured."

Yes life can be sometimes so unfair. We can't know that for sure, maybe he did in some way or he didn't in another way. But at least he experienced love of his children. I am also afraid of ending my life without having that wonderful experience you mentioned because as you write: "Especially in an age when people tend to interpret kindness, forgiveness and loyalty as signs of weakness, while notions of self-assertion and misconstrued definitions of dignity have the upper hand." And this is what I often see in people when I look around or on the net. And then the questions arises: "Where did all the normal people go?" I would go there as well :)

MP, thanks for mentioning one musical in one of your posts years back, which I didn't read at that time, I watched it now, I think "Love never dies" (continuation of the "Phantom of the Opera") is a wonderful piece of art by a wonderful composer and is quite enjoyable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lloyd_Webber

The musical itself "Love never dies" is at youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUFflTzYnM&list=PLKxoPSv0Cd1n7VqZ0mPgEIeg7VR0YClHD
I wouldn't guess to watch it as I didn't know it existed.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, The Phantom of the Opera! Thank you for reminding me. This has got to be my favorite song from the play/movie. The re-post of this song has given my spirit the "lift" it's really been needing.

More Andrew Lloyd Webber...

Last edited:
well, maybe this thread needs a bit of humour? MP, regarding a musical, I'm really starting to understand how that phantom felt protecting his domain, somebody broke into my cellar quite recently, which is under the house, they broke the lock, put really old gas-stove from the 50's in and locked it with their own lock, I had to call a worker to saw it off to get in. I was shocked for few days from that.

Yes, they have many good tracks there like these ones for example with phantom singing:

Last edited:
Back