Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

I reckon it's been a bit too quiet in here lately, so I thought I should stop by and post a lil' video I tend to see on tele all the time, including earlier today :D

:heart::love::heart:

Re: Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued) - international music day/international love day?

I don't actually like to have consecutive posts in the same thread, but today's post is from a slightly, but not terribly different, register than my previous one. Turns out, today is a most special day. It was only recently that I found out that Oct. 1st is designated as International Music Day.

today-is.jpg

And since this little thread has been filled with music over all the years, I thought it was only fair that I would mark the moment :D

music-speaks.jpg

music-is.jpg

Music IS a central part of the very thesis of this lovely, magical thread, isn't it? After all, isn't that what AllforMJ suggested from the very get-go, that Michael used his tunes (and perhaps those of others?) to send out his loving feelings to some chick, hidden beyond the stars and beyond time? I wonder if the gal in question, if she exists, of course, ever felt that music was her life and the lyrics, her story?

In any case, beyond any real or presumed romantic connections, music truly is a blessing and a gift from above. May we all cherish it as such. :heart:

Lords-gift.jpg

I trust that the partial irony of the initial posting wasn't lost on anyone - how on earth could I leave a post about music with images and words only??? Surely it deserves a bit of a musical, magical intervention,,,,

:listeningtomusic :wub:

Last edited:
And now,,,, in a highly unusual, unprecedented, if not downright Historic move, here i am having a 3rd consecutive post :doh: up in this loveliest of all threads. I know the next segments have been posted before, but there's no such thing as too much of a good thing, is there?

Especially when we are talking @bout such a mighty fine thing like Mike :D

Isn't it lovely how in the ending credits to THE movie, they put up his very own handwriting, spelling out I love you, but shortening the signature to strictly Michael? I thought that was very sweet, it made it all more personal, deeper,,,, Loved it, absolutely :heart: it.

Last edited:
I like this Halloween wallpaper in the forum tonight, I think the song Thriller would fit to it in the background.

I hope everyone is staying safe! 🙏🏻❤️ Sending lots of love to you all!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Oh and Girl...yes, the ending with just “Michael” was sweet! ❤️

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone has been well (considering the circumstances...)!!! ?? Looks like this thread is dead... ? Take care everyone!!! ????

I hope everyone has been well (considering the circumstances...)!!! 🙏🏻 Looks like this thread is dead... 😢 Take care everyone!!! 🙏🏻??

So do I summer. I trust everyone is making the best of the current circumstances.

As for this lovely thread, I'm not entirely sure I share your pessimism, summer. It isn't very active right now, but it may bounce back at some point in the future, who knows? They say hope is passion for the possible. Let us hope it will be so.....

Happy Easter everyone!

Or, as another saying goes......Easter is the only time of the year when it is safe to put ALL your eggs in one basket :D

Happy-Easter.jpg

Girl;4320260 said:
So do I summer. I trust everyone is making the best of the current circumstances.

As for this lovely thread, I'm not entirely sure I share your pessimism, summer. It isn't very active right now, but it may bounce back at some point in the future, who knows? They say hope is passion for the possible. Let us hope it will be so.....

Or, as another saying goes......Easter is the only time of the year when it is safe to put ALL your eggs in one basket :D

Happy-Easter.jpg

I truly hope people will come back to this thread and keep it alive! 🙏🏻❤️ Really hope everyone is doing okay!!

The “ALL eggs in one basket” during Easter....😂😂😂😂😂😂 Too funny!!! 👍🏻👍🏻😂😂😂

Hello and Happy Life to All of you (Christ as resurrection and life)

I agree Girl about hope and LOL @ all eggs in one basket..😂

I’ll add that this thread has a life of its own each time I go through any parts of it

But Summer I know what you meant...it’s like a ghost town in here ..goodness that seems like a pun of sorts...non intended.😥

This thread still reminds me of the big comfy couch🤗 just here anytime we wander in

SoS;4320326 said:
Hello and Happy Life to All of you (Christ as resurrection and life)

I agree Girl about hope and LOL @ all eggs in one basket..😂

I’ll add that this thread has a life of its own each time I go through any parts of it

But Summer I know what you meant...it’s like a ghost town in here ..goodness that seems like a pun of sorts...non intended.😥

This thread still reminds me of the big comfy couch🤗 just here anytime we wander in

That is EaCTLY what I said too about this thread and why I love it....it’s probably the only thread, or at least one of the very few that was there when Michael was alive and STILL is alive even after al these years that Michael has been gone. It’s somehow so comforting. That’s why I’fd hate to see this thread die. It’s like ”coming hone” of sorts whenever you visit the thread and I love going back and reading some of the posts again at times and reminisce. ❤️

Just came a thought... I think someone could change the words of this song from "she" to "he", would fit better to this thread now.

Lyrics
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she's goes away
Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away
And I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know
Hey I oughta leave young thing alone
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone, woh woh
Only darkness every day
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away
Anytime she goes away
Anytime she goes away
Anytime she goes away

I heard this song on the radio and it made me teary eyed because it reminded me of Michael and it sort of perfectly describes all the fans still loving Michael. And if you watch the video, it’s sort of heartbreaking because the changing furniture representing time and growing up is sort of like us geowing up ”with Michael” and him being such a big part of our lives and then when the room is empty, it’s like when Michael was gone. 😢

”And I’ll always gonna lift you up
And I’m never gonna let you down
Time flies by
I hope you realize that I
Love you forever now

I’m always gonna be right here
Always gonna cheer you up
I’m always gonna have your back
You’re never gonna be alone

And I’m always gonna lift you up
No I’m never gonna let you down
No matter what you do
I’m forever proud of you
I love you forever now.”

https://youtu.be/VRvYu5oOXF0

You ladies have some great songs there. Magicgirl I was thinking that too! Little MJ’s version helps the pain, a little. https://youtu.be/eXQMrhu7eIU

I keep hearing a song I loved as a teen by Natalie Cole.

His face .... stays in my mind...I remember the day I first saw it...and the last.

One thread I mentioned this in I posted, The First Time Ever I saw Your Face by Roberta Flack but this other song won’t leave me alone these days. It’s a dance groove too! That helps the pain, some.

https://youtu.be/kLeCDt_bHjM

All I can do right now and other times of lamentations is bing-listen to Jeff Buckley Hallelujah..I won’t post it because I don’t want to make anyone sad in here but .it’s soothing. Somewhat

The Leonard Cohen version tho...

Last edited:
SoS;4320677 said:
You ladies have some great songs there. Magicgirl I was thinking that too! Little MJ’s version helps the pain, a little. https://youtu.be/eXQMrhu7eIU

I keep hearing a song I loved as a teen by Natalie Cole.

His face .... stays in my mind...I remember the day I first saw it...and the last.

One thread I mentioned this in I posted, The First Time Ever I saw Your Face by Roberta Flack but this other song won’t leave me alone these days. It’s a dance groove too! That helps the pain, some.

https://youtu.be/kLeCDt_bHjM

All I can do right now and other times of lamentations is bing-listen to Jeff Buckley Hallelujah..I won’t post it because I don’t want to make anyone sad in here but .it’s soothing. Somewhat

I had never heard that Roberta Flack song before, thank you for sharing!! It’s a great song!! 👍🏻

And now that you mentioned Natalie Colr....I love her song “Miss You Like Crazy” . I’ve always loved that song because it’s a beautiful song, especially the chorus is so emotional!! And some of the lyrics fit so welll: “Even though it’s been so long...my love for you keeps going strong”....”I miss you like crazy, I miss you like crazy...Ever since you went away, every hour of every day”..... I think it kind of still represents exactly how all of us fans still feel about Michael. ❤️

https://youtu.be/VLaCAfBbqng

I used to post in here all the time .....gee how time flies by and i hope everyone had a good easter

Good song Summer. Reminds me of,Unforgettable which his fans were to him no doubt and of course vice-versa.

“Like his songs of love that clings to us, the very thought of him does things to us, never before has someone been more ...unforgettable in every way....and forever more, ..that’s how he’ll stay”

This Natalie Cole talk also reminds me of the time me and my 15 year old peers went to the concert where Natalie Cole opened for the J5.

Afterwards I followed as my four friends saw a tour bus and we went tearing across the parking lot and my friend rapped on the door which flung open to a group of girls explaining, “we’re looking for the Jackson Five!!” when the beautiful smiling Natalie Cole said, “I’m not the Jackson Five but y’all can come on in” which we did and she pleasantly and graciously showed us the cool features of her tour bus. It was nice! Her bedroom was in back and the kitchen was in the front with a sitting area in between.

Hey there 8701girl! :hiya:

It always feels like old times when we start to gather here to say hello.

Last edited:
Yep thanks 🙏🏼 God’s Grace is sufficient despite the world’s numerous woes.

I sincerely hope everyone here is doing really, really well.

Last edited:
Now it's all black, how is that? someone in bad mood? the letters are white, but the background is black.

Now it's all black, how is that? someone in bad mood? the letters are white, but the background is black.

Gaz added a dark mode to the forum for users who want to use it. There's a drop-down menu to go back to the regular version on the bottom of the webpage on the left.

I will always love this thread and all of you that continue to contribute to it. I hope that all of you are doing okay during this Crazy and Scary time in the world.. Sending hugs & love..God Bless.

I believe Invincible was released 20 years ago today.

Vince.jpg

I figured it calls for a celebration and what better thread to celebrate the release of an album filled with sooo much love and beauty than this particularly lovely one, darkness notwithstanding?

HIStory used to be my favorite album, because I considered it his most personal and raw. However, along the years, Vince took over and has been #1 for quite some time now. Holding on to anger, however justified it may be (and HIStory was filled with a lot of anguish and righteous anger) is no proper way to live and certainly not a way to love. Therefore, I now prefer the light and gladness that fills so much of Invincible. HIStory may very well be the bravest of albums, but Invincible is the sweetest.

And that is why, in my book, one of the most significant tunes has got to be.......

You are my life ❤️

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone has been well (considering the circumstances...)!!! ?? Looks like this thread is dead... ? Take care everyone!!! ????
💕"Ohhh, This thread can never be dead Summer. , Love lives forever ." I can still hear him, Anyone else?

an oldie but a goodie thread!! Been thinking about this "topic" for a few days..msfairy...where are yououuuuu

^^^ An oldie, but goldie thread indeed ^_^

Matter of fact, I don't think we've ever celebrated Thanksgiving in here properly. I think it's high time we did that 🥳

🧡
ecards-thanksgiving-crossing-the-miles-master-380x304.jpg
💛
Here's a lil' poem I found somewhere online - most fitting, given the occasion 🤭

the-lil-boy.jpg

thanksgiving-teaser.jpg

Back