Did you buy the MJ perfume?

Hi peeps,
I was just thinking about how the current market is infused with celebs perfumes when I remembered way back when MJ came up with his own perfume? Y'all remember? I was in Dubai at the time with my folks and I remember refusing to leave the shop until my mum gave me money for the perfume. :lol: I also kept the bottle (coz it had MJ's photo although looking back now they could have designed the bottle better!) way after the perfume was all gone. I lost the bottle eventually due to moving around but man... memories!:lol:

So any of you lot bought it? What was your experience? And do you think that MJ will ever do perfumes again? If so, will you buy it?

Hi peeps,
I was just thinking about how the current market is infused with celebs perfumes when I remembered way back when MJ came up with his own perfume? Y'all remember? I was in Dubai at the time with my folks and I remember refusing to leave the shop until my mum gave me money for the perfume. :lol: I also kept the bottle (coz it had MJ's photo although looking back now they could have designed the bottle better!) way after the perfume was all gone. I lost the bottle eventually due to moving around but man... memories!:lol:

So any of you lot bought it? What was your experience? And do you think that MJ will ever do perfumes again? If so, will you buy it?

I remember he wore a specific brand however, I didn't know he had designed his own. Do you know the name of it ?

It was called Michael Jackson lol
Michael-Jackson.jpg

mjmys.jpg

mjduo.jpg

Last edited:
:lol:

should have thought about that! But thanks alot.

It was the drink that was called Mystery, wasn't it ?

OMG, I need to go to my storage locker. I have like, 5 bottles of both the men and women's version of the scent he did during HIStory......but I can't remember what it was called.

Anyway, it cost me NADA.

-D

It was called Michael Jackson lol
Michael-Jackson.jpg

mjmys.jpg

mjduo.jpg

I had the first one! Man...I miss my bottle! Its great to see that I wasn't the only one. :lol:

OMG, I need to go to my storage locker. I have like, 5 bottles of both the men and women's version of the scent he did during HIStory......but I can't remember what it was called.

Anyway, it cost me NADA.

-D

Keep those bottles! They may be collectors items in the future. :yes:
P.S. How come they didn't cost you anything? Were they gifts!

I had the first one! Man...I miss my bottle! Its great to see that I wasn't the only one. :lol:

Keep those bottles! They may be collectors items in the future. :yes:
P.S. How come they didn't cost you anything? Were they gifts!

OMG, I want some of that for my collection. Probably can't find them now.:(

Yep The Mystery Drink
mjitems0024ug.th.jpg
:D That was good. :p I bought probably 6 cans of it. I still have two empty cans.
It was sold here during the concerts in 1997 august and I guess it was the next summer that I happened to find two cans in a small shop in eastern finnish city, I just had to buy it. Big mistake. It was a few months past its best before date and tasted awful. I couln't drink it.

Yes, I had the perfume, that was a long long time ago. The female perfome was called Mystique, the male one (with the black box) was called Legend. I don't think I ever used it because I don't like perfume in general, so I don't know what became of the bottle.

As for Mystery, the drink, it was a business that Michael participated in during the HIStory tour, they also had all kind of merchandise going with it, and of course the energy drink. It was only sold for a short period of time because it basically flopped. I remember Mystery looking for people who were willing to distribute the drink to fans before the concerts. I was part of that team a couple of times and they gave all kind of stuff to us like Mystery jackets and hats, but the best thing were the VIP tickets to a number of MJ shows, that was great. Never liked the drink, though, too much sugar. :wacko:

Had no idea a Michael Jackson perfume ever existed :huh: Something tells me it doesn't sell anymore either, right? :mello: :(

There was another MJ perfume though that came out during the HIStory tour. It was either called HIStory or Mystery. (I know Mystery was a drink as well). And I am 99% sure the perfume was called Mystery. I did buy some about 5 years ago on ebay but it had gone off by that time LOL!!
It was in a long tall bottle and had a gold-coloured top with the "MJ" symbol that is on the HIStory album cover. It came in a gorgeous tin as well. Still have it somewhere!

For those that had the perfume: what did it smell like?

Do you know the funny thing is that I honestly don't remember! :lol: It wasn't like a really memorable scent or a scent that stood out as I remember. Although my bro thought ut kinda stunk! I just wore it anyways daily like a mad woman!! :lol:Just because it was MJ! :p

It wasn't like a really memorable scent or a scent that stood out as I remember.

Yeah, you're right. And no where NEAR as good a smell as what Mike wears!! Mmmmm....
wub.gif

darn, I knew about the perfume when they put it on the market- though I never had the chance to buy it!!- but I had no idea about the History drink!! The thing is I 'm sure they even didn't put it on sale when I was at the concert - at least in my country!:(-because I would've found out about it and bought at least one bottle...:p;)

Do you know the funny thing is that I honestly don't remember! :lol: It wasn't like a really memorable scent or a scent that stood out as I remember. Although my bro thought ut kinda stunk! I just wore it anyways daily like a mad woman!! :lol:Just because it was MJ! :p

yeah doesnt smell very nice although its not bad either. i would totally choose elizabeth taylor's white diamonds perfume over that one any day though :p

Back