Did you ever made a non- fan to an MJ-fan?

4veryoung

Proud Member
Just askin'........ or even an MJ hater to an mjfan? Even though not all people are not gonna like him ( but how can u not? lol) and I could never understand MJ haters (they're just Ignorant ones as they don't know him at all or they don't know the truth) My mj non-mj friends even have their fave MJ songs like yana, heal the world, bow and twymmf :)

when I was 10/14 my close friends were MJ fans because of me, but they were never loyal fans. I mean they still like him now but not as much as I do.

And I don't remember converting a hater. Haters will always hate. I had arguments and some of them didn't want to discuss anymore or ended the conversation by saying "bah! he's dead now! or something like that. Most of them have the same reaction :no:

I remember convincing a Prince fan and a Beatles fan that MJ is also a talented musician though :D

I don't think I ever did that. But I sure made people think about how their opinion about Michael was manipulated by the media and mostly consisted from lies.

No, throwing pearls before swine is heartbreaking, especially if the pearls are someone so beloved such as Michael. If I run into someone who seems to have an open mind- I gladly do what I can (let's face it- nothing pleases the MJ lover more than any opportunity that lets you speak his name, lol), but if people start with "washed up has been", I rather keep quiet because it will be my heart that will have to listen to the garbage- and some you can't reach.

Michael and Michael's art reaches exactly those who can hear and can 'hear him', I have no worries there.

Yeah. A 60-year old guy actually, lol. He wasn't a hater, he was just never really interested in him or pop music in general, and I opened his eyes to what a genius Michael was.

No, I don't talk to people about Michael except for my mom and even then not that much. She's a fan, just not a big one. However, I saw one of my friends on FB recently "liked" MJ. I don't know if he was a fan before or not, but it made me smile. I do post a lot of MJ stuff on my wall so maybe it had an influence on him :)

No and I have no interest in doing so, either. I can accept that everybody doesn't like every thing nor are they required to. I don't like some of the artists my friends and family like and that's cool.

Some on my family like Michael now, not real fans but they enjoy his music nowadays.

Yes, three times. I'm not in touch anymore with two of them anymore, so I don't know to what extend the fandom has sticked with them. The first was a girl I 'worked on' with a friend who is also an MJ fan. We basically drenched her in MJ, in our plastered MJ rooms we watched endless videos and we took her to fan days. After a month she did all this voluntarily ;) Another one was the daughter of a collegue of my mother (9 years old) who had to do a presentation at school and didn't know what subject to pick. I came to her rescue with the idea for the wonderful subject that is MJ. I gave her a crash course MJ and she was infatuated from that moment on. I recently converted the daughter of a frien (10 years old) to MJ by giving her a cd with my alltime MJ favorites. She doesn't play anything else, much to her mother's dislike :lol: So yes, I did my part to spread MJ loving around.

Haters of any kind I just don't pay attention to, except for smiling at them.

No, throwing pearls before swine is heartbreaking, especially if the pearls are someone so beloved such as Michael. If I run into someone who seems to have an open mind- I gladly do what I can (let's face it- nothing pleases the MJ lover more than any opportunity that lets you speak his name, lol), but if people start with "washed up has been", I rather keep quiet because it will be my heart that will have to listen to the garbage- and some you can't reach.

Michael and Michael's art reaches exactly those who can hear and can 'hear him', I have no worries there.

Agree!

or rather, i agree that I usually keep quiet to those who clearly aren't open about it.

This is what I tend to do. If the conversation allows it, and if I can tell the people are open-minded enough, i'll definitely add his name and mention my "allegiance" toward his music. However, there are those (some of my friends) whom I know not to go this route with. Those that have been saturated for too long in the media's bile..i mean bias. Add 2 cups of ignorance and a Tbsp of stupidity and you got yourself a full blown hater!

The spectrum is broad for non-mj fans. Full-fledged haters in every facet. Those that hate his supposed public oddities and eccentricities yet state that they "respect" his music. Those that pity his private/public life in the spotlight and mildly enjoy his music when on the radio, bar and wedding/holiday party, and might have Thriller on vinyl somewhere in a junk pile at their house. On and on it goes really.

I did more or less convert my younger sister who was 10 at the time in really loving MJ's music. I wouldn't consider her to be as much of a fan as I am, but she's very close!

So actually I recommend others here to show off Michaels music to friends and family as kindly as you can. Don't over-saturate as this tends to piss them off, :lol: ! But be rational and reasonable about it. Add him into conversation like you would add a spice to season a dish. Just a pinch and your whole meal can become a flavorful delight!

Yes I did I remember during my senior year of high school back in the late 90s. We had this mock wedding reception in my health class cause we were learning about relationships. I was really not liking the music that was playing during the wedding reception. So I ask the kid who was playing the music if he could play one of my cds he said yeah go get it. So I went in to my school bag and pull out my Blood On The Dance Floor cd. Which I thought it was the perfect cd to play. I gave it to him to play it I told him to play the first 2 songs. Which he did and the whole classroom was saying like how awesome the cd is. The kid playing the music said that it isn't my cd it is Jenn's cd. And they all came over to me and told me how awesome the cd is. And this is coming from kids who hated Michael Jackson and couldn't understand how I could L.O.V.E. someone like him. And they all knew that was him singing on that cd. Any way I just smile said I know and they finally saw the reason why I L.O.V.E. Michael so much. I really don't know if I made any of them fans or not. Nor did they ever apologized to me for the constant MJ bashing they always did with me. But I did got those haters to see why I L.O.V.E. Michael like I do. And I think I remember after that day those MJ haters did stopped their constant MJ bashing whenever they saw me.

I remember another time during my high school days where this girl I was friends with didn't like Michael in the beginning. I got her to listen to some of Michael's songs on my Dangerous cd. And I remember about a week or so later I went to her locker to talk for a little bit before we had to go to our next class. And she told me she had something to show me. So she pulled out of her school bag her Thriller album. She also told that she just likes his earlier songs. Not his later songs. But that made me happy that I turn a hater in to a fan. Even if it is just his earlier songs but I did consider it a start. But I lost touch with her after I had graduated. So I really don't know if she is still a fan or not.

Here near enough everyone likes MJ, but I have changed peoples minds about him before, by informing them of the facts.

Back