Did you know?

Yes. :p And if you're American, you don't even spell it that way. :lmao:

Did you know that electric eels can generate power of up to 600 v. Being shocked by one is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in 3 (200 v) power sockets at once. :bugeyed

No. :huh: Only if I lick a stamp? What about when I lick ice-cream? :lmao:

Did you know the tomato is a fruit and so is the pepper? :D

Yeah, I think I'd heard that before. :p

Did you know that snakes have heat sensors, so they can create a thermo-image of their surroundings?

Yes, as a matter of fact I did. :D

Did you know that the human brain is so complex it would take a skyscraper literally full of computers to even come close to stocking the amount of information in the brain.

COOL topic :bow:

Did you know... That age 11 is the 'perfect' age to learn a NEW language so that it becomes like a 'Mother tongue' :cheeky:

^You didn't say if you knew or not. :lol:

And no, I didn't know that, nor do I believe it's true. :no: If it were so, all the kids at school would speak English perfectly, which is hardly true.

Did you know that crocodiles can't stick out their tongue? :lol:

^You didn't say if you knew or not. :lol:

And no, I didn't know that, nor do I believe it's true. :no: If it were so, all the kids at school would speak English perfectly, which is hardly true.

Did you know that crocodiles can't stick out their tongue? :lol:

Well, it's cause I "learnt" English when I was 11 through TV, books, Michael's lyrics and I even "think" in English now :cheeky:
Oh, I read that 'fact' in a 'Science' magazine...

Did you know how frustrating it is to 'think' Different? :tease:

Oh, NOW... I see... Yep, I know how complex the brain is :smilerolleyes:

Well, you are not everybody. ;) If I remember correctly, the period of time in which it is easiest for an average person to learn a language is between 2 and 5 years old. :p There are always exceptions and that doesn't mean you can't learn it later on, but it's just easier at that age.

And yes, I do indeed know how frustrating it is to think differently. I've been facing this problem all my life.

Did you know that if the nucleus of a hydrogen atom was the size of a golf ball, its electron would orbit on a radius of 1 km (and of course, that could be said about any atom). That means that if I tell you the chair you're sitting on doesn't exist, I am mathematically closer to the correct answer than someone who tells you it does exist. :D

Back