[Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

"We are confident that when all the facts are presented in civil court, there will be no doubt left about just what kind of sexual predator Jackson was," Marzano wrote.

A non existent one. I wonder what these supposed magical "facts" are? Likely just a bunch of speculation, that's usually all they have. :smilerolleyes:

Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

Thank you Ivy for ALL that you've done for this fandom. You're f***ing radical!

As for Wade and co., in the wise words of Michael Jackson: "Ah tell [em] to go to Hell."

Then what happens in Safechuck's case? Will Safechuck pull out that magical blanket he says Michael had and make his case bigger? :lmao:

I know there's still so much to come, including a probable media storm, but the sigh of relief I just took felt wonderful.

Unless there's something strange in the written ruling, this should mean Safechucks claim should be dismissed as well. And personally, I don't think the claims against the companies have a chance in hell.

As Mjresearcher just said this should put a total end to any molestation claims forever. And there are no "facts" to this case except the ones that have been torn to shreds right on this forum.

Finally some good news!

*Sigh in releif.* Even though the situation seemed legally pretty clear I am always worried about some loophole a Judge might find to bring a surprise decision. But thankfully that did not happen here.

LOL at Marzano

Robson's attorney Maryann Marzano wrote in a statement that Beckloff's ruling will be appealed, and the molestation claim will be pursued against Jackson's business entities.

Marzano, however, wrote that her client was incapable of filing his legal action any sooner due to psychological damage he suffered. She also noted that Beckloff's ruling did not make any determination about whether Robson's allegations were factual.

"We are confident that when all the facts are presented in civil court, there will be no doubt left about just what kind of sexual predator Jackson was," Marzano wrote.

Well, we have seen the civil court complaint as well. They do not contain any facts proving MJ was a sexual predator. They even have a hard time to state a cause of action against the companies. But Marzano always has a big mouth in the media.

She also noted that Beckloff's ruling did not make any determination about whether Robson's allegations were factual.

Well, the Judge is simply being professional. His task was to rule about statutes of limitations.

Last edited:

Maybe this is what Robson's hightened activity in terms of "filmmaking" has to do with. He realized he will probably need to get a job. :D

"But Marzano always has a big mouth in the media".

So true. And as they say "Talk is cheap". They've done a lot of blustering, but all that means nothing in actual practice. They've got nothing and they know it.

Edited post. I basically repeated what you just said. I gotta type faster.:D

Ivy, legally does it mean that the Doe 1 complaint in the civil case will automatically get dismissed as well? Because that part was only upheald as a "placeholder" as far as I remember.

The most damaging claims that could topple Michael's Estate were/are the probate claims. Safechuck's claim will follow Robson's most likely. I do not believe the judge will allow the civil suit in either case. This leaves nothing more than appeals for Robson/Safechuck if funding is available for their legal team.

While there are legalities remaining, the true threat was in the probate claims. The financial threat against Michael's Estate as per Robson/Safechuck's fabricated claims has been effectively neutralized. I am glad this is over; nothing more than a waste of time and monies.

Well, the Judge is simply being professional. His task was to rule about statutes of limitations.

I don't think that comment is about the judge. they are worried that this news will be understood was everything got dismissed and he has no case. so I think that's why she added that comment there to say "this is not over and this doesn't determine merits of the claims"

Ivy, legally does it mean that the Doe 1 complaint in the civil case will automatically get dismissed as well? Because that part was only upheald as a "placeholder" as far as I remember.

judge had said he can always reverse his decision so he might dismiss the doe 1 - probably during june 30 hearing.

I'm reading Anthony Mccarthy tweets and he said Robson lawyers can ask for a stay in the civil case pending the outcome of the appeal.

I don't think that comment is about the judge. they are worried that this news will be understood was everything got dismissed and he has no case. so I think that's why she added that comment there to say "this is not over and this doesn't determine merits of the claims"

I am just trying to read from these comments what the Judge's decision contains. Some people here expressed hope about the Judge crashing Robson as a liar etc. in his decision, but I don't think that was ever realistic. His focus was the statutes of limitations not to rule about the merits of Robson's case. Also, child abuse allegations are a sensitive matter to the public, so I don't think it was ever realistic to expect from this Judge that he will call out Robson as a liar in his ruling.

judge had said he can always reverse his decision so he might dismiss the doe 1 - probably during june 30 hearing.

Thanks.

I'm reading Anthony Mccarthy tweets and he said Robson lawyers can ask for a stay in the civil case pending the outcome of the appeal.

Well, that would mean we would have to wait another year or more until something happened in that case. But they may think strategically that's better than having been dismissed on both fronts right away. We will see. Mccarthy probably just speculates at this point.

What if the Estate dropped that lameass diplomatic language?
Inappropriately filed?
It was bogus. It was a bunch of contradictions and lies.

We believed he told the truth in 2005?
We believe?

He was telling the truth for 20+ years he is lying now for money because his career is in the toilet.

Adding:

The estate’s famed attorney, Howard Weitzman, told Radar exclusively, “Our Motion for Summary Judgment was granted and Robson’s Request to File a Late Claim against the Estate was denied.”

I do not believe Weitzman spoke exclusively to Radar Online using this particular language.

As many of you said, this is really good news. Robson cannot sue Estate and/or MJ. Per judge's reasoning (as far as media reported), it is safe to say Safechuck probate claim will also most likely be dismissed in due time.

However this is far from over. First probably Robson (and later Safechuck) will appeal the decisions. Appeal success rate is about 20% but appeal would probably go nowhere but still will be active for a 1-2 years.

There's still the civil case against the MJ companies. That will be the focus now. the next hearing is on June 30 for that.

Where are they going to find the money to appeal this? anyhow, hope the estate slaps them with a giant legal bill. the rule is that the losing party pays for all the winner's legal costs.
the civil suit is even more pathetic. I have never seen any lamer attempt to steal from a dead man.

I expect the estate to file new papers soon asking for a dismissal of doe1 and consequently the whole case.

Last edited:

I expect them to do that, so they can frustrate the estate. that also means the probate claim will be over by the end of the year.

Ivy,

don't you have a link to Robson's third amended complaint?

Well, that would mean we would have to wait another year or more until something happened in that case. But they may think strategically that's better than having been dismissed on both fronts right away. We will see. Mccarthy probably just speculates at this point.

yeah he is speculating and they can actually go through with the demurrer for the corporations. However if - a big if - the claim against corporations is allowed to go forward, a stay would be appropriate. you would want to have one single lawsuit about all the claims against all defendants. so it would make sense to wait to see if MJ/ Estate can be added to the complaint or not based on appeal ruling. but anyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves. if they make such request we should see it at the case documents system.

I expect them to do that, so they can frustrate the estate. that also means the probate claim will be over by the end of the year.

how did you come up with the "by the end of the year" timeline? Appeals on average take 14 months, supreme court 1-3 months (assuming a review is denied). so we are looking for 17 - 19 months for appeals to be over (1 month to file an appeal, 14 month appeal- 1 month to file a request with supreme court - 1/3 months supreme court)

Ivy,

don't you have a link to Robson's third amended complaint?

no, it never showed up on the document system.

yeah he is speculating and they can actually go through with the demurrer for the corporations. However if - a big if - the claim against corporations is allowed to go forward, a stay would be appropriate. you would want to have one single lawsuit about all the claims against all defendants. so it would make sense to wait to see if MJ/ Estate can be added to the complaint or not based on appeal ruling. but anyway, let's not get ahead of ourselves. if they make such request we should see it at the case documents system.

how did you come up with the "by the end of the year" timeline? Appeals on average take 14 months, supreme court 1-3 months (assuming a review is denied). so we are looking for 17 - 19 months for appeals to be over (1 month to file an appeal, 14 month appeal- 1 month to file a request with supreme court - 1/3 months supreme court)

That's because I don't foresee them to go all the way to the supreme court to be honest.

Great news! :clapping: Strike one against Wade! He better start the job searching...

no, it never showed up on the document system.

Do you have a theory as to why not?

BTW, "technicality" or not, but it does mean that the Jugde did not buy Robson's lie about not knowing about the Estate before March 2013. So yeah, even at this stage of "technicalities" Robson WAS caught in a lie. Why lie to get around statutes of limitations if this is not about money?

BTW, "technicality" or not, but it does mean that the Jugde did not buy Robson's lie about not knowing about the Estate before March 2013. So yeah, even at this stage of "technicalities" Robson WAS caught in a lie. Why lie to get around statutes of limitations if this is not about money?

Yeah I certainly would like to see what the judge said about that whole argument. since it's an obvious lie and there is proof it's a lie
he simply should have called him what he is: a liar.

I wish he was like that judge in Hawaii who put Michael Egan in his place when he lied his ass off in court.

those dreams of becoming a multimillionaire have just vanished with any possibility of being accepted in the biz industry ever again. Sweet justice

the stupid haters are devastated . They want him to start his public campaign to smear MJ in the media. It is never about justice, all they care about is how much they can hurt MJ and his family. They did say they want to hurt his family, wow.

They want him to start his public campaign to smear MJ in the media. It is never about justice, all they care about is how much they can hurt MJ and his family. They did say they want to hurt his family, wow.

Where did you see them say or write those things?

On the page they created to support him on facebook.

people will see right thru this he may as well give it up, he lost plain and simple

Back