[Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

Interesting report from the Weinstein jury selection.

I wonder - if Robson goes to trial - whether potential jurors might be asked if they have seen 'LN', and then be de-selected for the jury? (I'm hoping so!!)

Harvey Weinstein’s Lawyer Asks Potential Jurors If They Watch ‘Law & Order’

Fictional court made its way into real court when one of Harvey Weinstein’s attorneys brought up “Law & Order” in his line of questioning during jury selection on Thursday.

“I have a great question. I wrote it myself,” Weinstein’s lawyer Damon Cheronis said, approaching prospective jurors with a smirk on his face and a charming laugh. “Does anybody watch ‘Law & Order?'”

When a prospective female juror said she did watch the television series, the lawyer mentioned that he’s never seen the show, quipping, “I think there’s like 20 of them.” Then he asked the woman, “But do you watch them regularly?” She said she typically watches “Law & Order: SVU,” but then she admitted her favorite procedural is actually CBS’ “Criminal Minds.”

Cheronis asked, “Do you root for the prosecution or the defense when you watch ‘Law & Order?'” to which the potential juror skillfully replied, “I root for the jury.”

“Is it a good show?” Cheronis asked the panel of 20 prospective jurors, open-ended for anyone to answer. A different person replied, “It’s mindless,” while another juror said, “It’s background noise.”

Perhaps Weinstein is not a fan of “Law & Order” — while Cheronis was asking prospective jurors about their “Law & Order” consumption habits, Weinstein appeared to be nodding off with his head falling forward, but he then jerked his head up and opened his eyes some more.

Cheronis also asked the panel about the two books authored by the trio of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists who broke the original Weinstein sexual harassment stories, Ronan Farrow, Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey.

“Has anybody read Ronan Farrow’s book that came out? Has anybody read the NY Times book that came out?” Cheronis asked. “Has anyone seen any documentaries [about Weinstein]?”

No one on the panel suggested that they had read any of the books or seen any Weinstein-centric documentaries.

After two panels of prospective jurors were questioned by Weinstein’s defense and the D.A.’s office, seven jurors were chosen to serve on the two-month rape trial. None of the “Law & Order” fans were ultimately selected for the jury.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/harvey-weinstein-trial-law-and-order-jury-selection-1203469730/

I wonder - if Robson goes to trial - whether potential jurors might be asked if they have seen 'LN', and then be de-selected for the jury?

I would think so. My understanding is that the whole point of the jury selection process is to find an unbiased jury.

I would think so. My understanding is that the whole point of the jury selection process is to find an unbiased jury.

Asking about documentary and book sources wouldn't go far enough though. It's possible to have missed both (eg busy working people), but have read the unfolding story every day in the newspapers and taken in all the lies that way. I hope the MJ Estate legal team will be more thorough...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Expect Judge to set a trial date for early/mid 2021. Estate has every right to take discovery about LN AND courts are super backed up anyway that it would probably not be possible to set trial sooner. Case will take a month to get back to trial court</p>&mdash; Punchy (@TruthAndLaw8) <a href="https://twitter.com/TruthAndLaw8/status/1214275072132669440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can Gavin Arvizo by the way sue Wade for testifying against him, if Wade even can win the lawsuit against MJ's companies even though the chances are zero? I am thinking that maybe Gavin also has financial motives too from this...

Anyone can file a lawsuit. He could sue him for lieing under oath that helped him lose. But i hardly think such a case would stand up in court

Can Gavin Arvizo by the way sue Wade for testifying against him, if Wade even can win the lawsuit against MJ's companies even though the chances are zero? I am thinking that maybe Gavin also has financial motives too from this...

I'd rather he'd not get involved in this. I rather not want him involved, because I hate him, he lied and if I ever see his face I just wanna punch it good. Literally!

Anyone can file a lawsuit. He could sue him for lieing under oath that helped him lose. But i hardly think such a case would stand up in court

The thing is, Wade Robson didn't lie under oath. He's lying now. Gavin Arvizo's case was lost fourteen and a half years ago.
It's over, legally. Done and dusted. There is no avenue to resurrect that and start suing people for (allegedly) lying. It just doesn't work that way.

Wade Robson's weak-arsed case now isn't even against MJ or the MJ Estate. It's against the companies and the company executives....and it is doomed to fail. All that's happening is that every single legal avenue is being tried, one by one, until there are absolutely none left to try. It's like clutching at straws as they fly past, in the wind, hoping to grab just one. He is a desperate and shameful human being.

The thing is, Wade Robson didn't lie under oath. He's lying now. Gavin Arvizo's case was lost fourteen and a half years ago.
It's over, legally. Done and dusted. There is no avenue to resurrect that and start suing people for (allegedly) lying. It just doesn't work that way.

Wade Robson's weak-arsed case now isn't even against MJ or the MJ Estate. It's against the companies and the company executives....and it is doomed to fail. All that's happening is that every single legal avenue is being tried, one by one, until there are absolutely none left to try. It's like clutching at straws as they fly past, in the wind, hoping to grab just one. He is a desperate and shameful human being.

I'd add severe narcissist to that list too, among other things.

Of course robson is lieing now but the poster asked about arvizo sueing robson for "lieing" in the 2005 trial a lie he would claim helped to aquit mj and caused him (arvizo)trauma etc etc. Of course it wouldnt stand up for all sorts of reasons but the op was asking interms of him filing a suit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THREAD: Here is yet another Finaldi-deposed witness who wound up offering further clarity and support of MJ's innocence&#8212;Gary Hearne.<br><br>Hearne was MJ's longtime chauffeur. His 1994 deposition/testimony was grossly misrepresented across many books and media headlines for 25+ years.</p>&mdash; TSCM (@MJJRepository) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJJRepository/status/1228785818283773953?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
What is interesting to note (as MJ's estates did throughout the deposition) is that almost no questions related to Wade or James specifically.

Virtually all of Finaldi's questions were about the Chandler allegations and old tabloid rumors. This is Finaldi clutching at straws.

Thread reader version: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1228785818283773953.html

Coronavirus: All California trials delayed; L.A. County courts close to the public

Criminal and civil trials were discontinued in California for at least two months after a sweeping order was issued late Monday by the state&#8217;s chief justice that aims to sharply cut down public traffic in state courthouses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Chief Justice Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye said in her order that court facilities were &#8220;ill-equipped to effectively allow the social distancing and other public health requirements&#8221; that have been imposed across California to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.

&#8220;Even if court facilities could allow for sufficient social distancing, the closure of schools means that many court employees, litigants, witnesses, and potential jurors cannot leave their homes to attend court proceedings because they must stay home to supervise their children,&#8221; Cantil-Sakauye said in the order.

The 60-day delay &#8212; which puts the courts in California&#8217;s 58 counties on a uniform trial delay schedule &#8212; came the same day that the presiding judge of Los Angeles Superior Court, Kevin C. Brazile, blocked public access to county courthouses except for attorneys, staff, defendants and &#8220;authorized persons,&#8221; a vague category that includes news reporters. The clerk&#8217;s office will still be available to accept filings and assist people by phone or electronically.

Brazile also indefinitely closed courthouses in Beverly Hills, Catalina Island, and the civil courthouse on Spring Street in downtown Los Angeles.

And his order sought to sharply reduce the number of cases that require defendants and their attorneys to appear for incremental developments. All progress reports and status reports for pending criminal matters, for example, were pushed back an additional 90 days, and misdemeanor cases where a defendant is not in jail were also delayed 90 days. Brazile also said it was a priority for judges to hold bail hearings for those awaiting trial in county jail.

Brazile&#8217;s updated order was issued after unions representing a wide range of courthouse staff, including public defenders, deputy district attorneys and interpreters, pleaded with him to implement measures to reduce the spread of the virus in their workplace. The unions sent a scathing letter on March 19 that asked for people entering the county&#8217;s courthouses to be screened and those showing symptoms to be barred. The unions also asked for improved social distancing protocols and a reduction in the types of court proceedings allowed to take place during the pandemic.

When the courts reopened Friday after a three-day shutdown, many attorneys shared photos of long lines to enter the Metropolitan Courthouse, which handles a large swath of misdemeanor cases, and complained of cramped conditions and a lack of available hand sanitizer.

Michele Hanisee, the president of the union representing Los Angeles County deputy district attorneys, had said Friday that judicial officers were &#8220;placing dedicated city, county and state employees as well as the public at risk.&#8221;

In a reply sent earlier Monday, the court said it had conferred with the county Department of Public Health, which recommended against screening people entering the courts because &#8220;thermometers used to scan the public are not deemed reliable.&#8221;

https://www.latimes.com/california/...elays-trials-la-county-shuts-courts-to-public

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those of you asking about MJ Estate v HBO today, and for the Robson/Safechuck depos, CA courts both criminal civil are delayed by at least 60 days. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJEstatevHBO?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJEstatevHBO</a> <a href="https://t.co/8yXDdlNtIC">https://t.co/8yXDdlNtIC</a></p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1242319949332279296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROBSON & SAFECHUCK NEW CASE UPDATES:

This past month Dan Reed filed a request to record the court hearings&#8212;a sign he remains obsessed w/ MJ & working behind-the-scenes for future LN content.

This request was granted but with restrictions to not film judge, witnesses or jurors.
Both cases have been reassigned to Mark Young. This was a court decision, not a request by either side.

The prior judge (Beckloff) took a new role in 2019. (Note: He originally expected to remain the judge due to his "institutional knowledge" of all MJ probate cases since 2009.)

An in-person status hearing was originally slated for March 19, 2020. This was one that Dan Reed planned to be present at with his camera crew.

Due to conflict and/or COVID-19 it was rescheduled for June 11.

(Expect to see Dan/Amos, Wade, James and presumably Anthony Edwards.)

SAFECHUCK CASE:

The estate's original demurrer of James' case referenced other issues unrelated to the statute of limitations.

The appeal court did not address any of those outstanding issues.

The estate intends to file a renewed demurrer, focusing on these undecided matters.

SAFECHUCK CASE:

Further, MJ's team expects to conduct a full discovery against James, just as they did for Wade.

They estimate 10 months to complete it (circa Feb. 2021).

They will then file a motion for summary judgment based on this discovery if any causes survive demurrer.

SAFECHUCK CASE:

MJ's team will argue that both of these cases should remain separate and will legally contest all attempts by Finaldi to consolidate them into one.

The estate will argue that while the issues of law are common, the claims & facts of each case are very different.

SAFECHUCK CASE:

Meanwhile Finaldi wants to consolidate both cases into one for all future proceedings.

This is strategic by Finaldi to muddy the waters of each weak individual case, by pretending they share common claims & patterns and so witnesses only need to appear one time.

SAFECHUCK CASE:

Finaldi does not anticipate any notable filings in the near future beyond opposition to the estate's future motions (e.g., demurrer / summary judgement).

Safechuck does plan to "seek financial discovery" to calculate desired punitive damages ("it's not about $")

ROBSON CASE:

Unlike James' case, the estate based Wade's initial demurrer request purely on the statute of limitations (now overturned due to AB 218).

As such, they anticipate filing new motions citing other causes of action similar to the renewed causes pending in James' case.

ROBSON CASE:

The estate anticipates another six months of new discovery in Wade's case. This will include all of the post-dismissal materials including his 2017+ interviews, LN claims etc.

They will then file motions for summary judgement based on other faulty claims as well.

ROBSON CASE:

There are still six outstanding motions in Wade's case from 2017 that will be re-argued and decided, largely from Robson's side.

This includes motions relating to attempted depos (e.g., Jonathan Spence), Lily Chandler, Tabitha Marks, Marion Fox, Leroy Whaley.

ROBSON CASE:

Like James' case, Finaldi does not anticipate any noteworthy filings in the near future beyond responses to any that the estate files.

However, Finaldi also plans to "seek financial discovery" in Wade's case to determine punitive damage amounts ("not about $" &#65533;&#65533;)

DISCOVERY PROCESS:

The defense already has 75,000 PAGES of case docs including Wade's discovery.

They've done almost none for James due to his early dismissal.

They now intend to conduct an independent mental exam (as they did to Wade) as well as request JS depo & discovery.

DISCOVERY PROCESS:

The defense will seek discovery from James' family, other parties & experts.

They will also invoke international discovery aimed at Amos / Dan Reed for depos and to obtain video recordings from LN and so forth. &#65533;&#65533;

They estimate 10 months to complete this.

DISCOVERY PROCESS:

The estate notes how Finaldi's depositions for Wade's case also spanned to discuss James (even more-so considering many didn't recognize Wade at all).

However, both sides may still have to re-depose some to ask more targeted questions pertaining to Safechuck.

DISCOVERY PROCESS:

Finaldi argues their participation in "an Emmy award-winning doc + media and sexual abuse survivor advocacy events" was irrelevant to the case&#65533;&#65533;*&#9794;&#65039;. But he does not anticipate objecting to the defense seeking discovery of that (wonder how many tapes Dan 'lost').

DISCOVERY PROCESS:

Finaldi argues he may need up to TWO YEARS to perform discovery in Safechuck's case due to the "range of national and international locations of abuse" etc.

Finaldi still can't prove James was ever employed by MJJ Productions as claimed during abuse timeline.

DISCOVERY PROCESS:

In Wade's case, estate may deposed Wade again for residual matters from before (possibly pertaining to his book which he initially claimed was privileged).

They need six months for new discovery of Wade and his family, spanning to UK discovery of LN/Dan/Amos.

DISCOVERY PROCESS:

Finaldi expects to require another 6-12 months to complete depositions and other discovery processes relating to Wade's case.

Technically Wade's case could be extended three more years, but more realistically will be extended 18 months or lesss.

ESTATE SUMMARY:

The estate anticipates 6-10 months of new discovery in Wade & James' cases. This includes post-2017 materials including international discovery relating specifically to LN, Amos Pictures and Dan Reed. They will also file new motions for demurrer/summary judgment.

FINALDI SUMMARY:

Finaldi doesn't expect major motions in either case this year. He wants to consolidate both cases. He wants 1-2 years for James' case. He won't contest James' mental exam but feels the relevance of LN materials are "minimal at best." Dan plans to film hearings.

Source: @MJJRepository

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1245918060910788611.html

or read on Twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ROBSON &amp; SAFECHUCK NEW CASE UPDATES:<br><br>This past month Dan Reed filed a request to record the court hearings&#8212;a sign he remains obsessed w/ MJ &amp; working behind-the-scenes for future LN content.<br><br>This request was granted but with restrictions to not film judge, witnesses or jurors. <a href="https://t.co/oYq1Xqpkvi">pic.twitter.com/oYq1Xqpkvi</a></p>&mdash; TSCM (@MJJRepository) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJJRepository/status/1245918060910788611?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What does this means? does this means we have to wait a whole another year? UGH! it's is crazy. I don't wanna say it but i'm am so close giving up. they keep pushing these cases they don't care.

we all getting old. Michael not with us anymore. there's a freaking deadly virus going around. i hope one day Michael gets his justice. r.i.p Michael. bless you. we all love you and miss you very much. you will forever be innocent.

1. That is interesting.... Reed would have you believe that 'LN' is effectively R and S's planned 'court testimony' on film, but:

Finaldi argues their participation in "an Emmy award-winning doc + media and sexual abuse survivor advocacy events" was irrelevant to the case.

...so how is their planned testimony 'irrelevant to the case'??? Are they going to change their stories again? I guess we expect S to row back on his NL 'rail station' story, and R on the 'memorabilia burning' etc... What else??

2. Also, Finaldi doing 'Financial discovery' for R and S is a bit of a waste of time, since the Estate isn't out of probate yet. I imagine they'll have to pay estate taxes as at June 2009 before anyone can say what money the Estate has available for R and S to take a slice. Finaldi et al really are hopeless optimists....... I guess it's good for their publicity machine.

3. According to Wiki, the new judge (Mark A Young) was born in Australia. Shouldn't make a difference, but an interesting detail. This judge was nominated by B Obama to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.

I didn't know there were 'reviews' for judges in the USA...this is a 'mixed lot'..
http://www.therobingroom.com/california/Judge.aspx?id=15157

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

--------
Finaldi argues he may need up to TWO YEARS to perform discovery in Safechuck's case due to the "range of national and international locations of abuse" etc.
-------------

Lets hope he checks that the locations actually excist first? finaldi obviously stalling hoping for a settlement

So we can expect another documentry then if they win. Mind you that will be the last thing to worry about if that happens

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

--------
-------------

Lets hope he checks that the locations actually excist first😂 finaldi obviously stalling hoping for a settlement

So we can expect another documentry then if they win. Mind you that will be the last thing to worry about if that happen.

I'm sure the Estate would appeal. I think Finaldi's lot have already said they'll appeal if they lose (both assuming permission is granted). This may not end for years yet.

Yeah im sure they are quite happy to drag it out for aslong as poss. They want a settlement.

yeah you would be negligent to not appeal but appeals rarely win.lets not even think about it getting to trial let alone anything else

Thanks for the update.

--------
-------------

Lets hope he checks that the locations actually excist first? finaldi obviously stalling hoping for a settlement

So we can expect another documentry then if they win. Mind you that will be the last thing to worry about if that happens
Finaldi been on this case and had James for years since 2014 or 2015, if he does not have no "discovery" now, Finaldi wont have any in another two years. he is just dragging in hope someone settle to just get it over with. NOT.

Finaldi been on this case and had James for years since 2014 or 2015, if he does not have no "discovery" now, Finaldi wont have any in another two years. he is just dragging in hope someone settle to just get it over with. NOT.

There's NO chance of the Estate settling, so Finaldi is wasting his time. No, I think he's just dragging this out 'because he can' and meanwhile he can create lots of publicity for his law firm (and make further attempts to sully MJ's name with his inaccurate briefings to the media).

Finaldi's lot must think they have this case 'in the bag' after the reception LN got from the media, Oprah etc, but they really don't know the MJ counter arguments and I don't think they actually care. They'll just do what they've advised R and S to do - make it up as they go along, and hope something sticks.

Before you know it, we&#8217;ll be happy if Finaldi&#8217;s fired someday and we&#8217;ll laugh about it for him wasting the courts time with any excuses for more lies to cook up which we&#8217;ll end up being old, stale and repetitive.

What's going on with this Jane Doe thing? Anybody know?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

There's a joint statement regarding the Robson and Safechuck cases here: (It was the source for the post from Twitter above (post 18048), about the next steps).

http://mjjr.net/docs/WadeJamesStatusUpdate2020.pdf

This statement confirms that depositions in both Robson and Safechuck case will be taken from:
'multiple current and former employees and agents of MJJ Productions and Ventures, persons most knowledgeable and custodians of records of such, and third-party witnesses'.

With regards to the 12-24 months (S) and 6-12 months (R) these are expected to take, the statement says this is due to:
'the length of abuse R/S suffered, the complicated nature of the action given the fact that R/S was acting as an employee of such companies during his abuse, and range of national and international locations where R/S was abused by J and the vast number of witnesses in the case'
:wtf2:

(I guess they mean 'witnesses who never saw anything')

Finaldi and Co want to combine the cases because they involve the same:
'fact patterns, defendants, witnesses and overlap in time, and doing so would save resources of the Parties and court'.

An in-person status hearing about the case is tentatively scheduled for June 11, 2020.

Last edited:
You can bet any money thatAdrian McManus (MJ's former maid who he sued, and won against) will be called to testify against Michael. This whole thing just feels fishy to me and I have a feeling that one of the judges has already been paid off

Back