Do you ever get sad while listening to a particular MJ song?*

Even though "Give in to me"is my favorite song from dangerous, I'm reminded of somethings I'm trying to forget because you know "love stinks"

Gone too soon, Man in the Mirror, and Speechless.

'The Lost Children' my favorite MJ song ever

And also One Day in your life'

There are couple of them which I cant listen to at all like This is it, One more chance or Man in the mirror cos I know I would just cry.
And there are songs like Stranger in Moscow, so powerful, that u can feel all his sadness.

It depends on the mood really. I was listening to The Jacksons the other day and I swear to God, I was crying to every song. "Man of War" especially broke my heart. Other than that, I get sad listening to "Earth Song", especially "Tell Me What About It" live part, "Will You Be There" (I try and avoid that song as much as I can) "Fly Away" ("Alone At Last, I'll Give You My Heart), "Free", "For All Time", "Whatever Happens", "Much Too Soon" etc.

Last edited:
It depends on the mood really. I was listening to The Jacksons the other day and I swear to God, I was crying to every song. "Man of War" especially broke my heart.
I can understand this-it used to be songs like "One Day In your Life," "Smile," "Gone too Soon", "Stranger in Moscow." Then a couple of years ago, I was listening to "Heal the World", which I've always thought is just beautiful and I just burst into tears before he finished.

Now all sorts of things will set me off-including some of his biggest, earliest, joyful songs will make me sad-as a matter of fact, I was watching the him winning his AMAs for "Off the Wall", which is a video I have always enjoyed reliving-because that was such a great night and he was so darn happy. But this time, I just started crying in the middle of it-knowing what was coming.
So, I don't really trust my instincts with certain songs anymore-at least not right now.

I'll Be There
I Can't Help It
She's Out of My Life
Human Nature
The Lady in My Life
The Man In the Mirror
Will You Be There
Gone Too Soon
Smile

The two that spring to mind, is Man in The Mirror, the raw emotion of that song and the fact you can tell Michael means every word he sings. Also Little Susie with its gothic choir opening and the morose subject matter, it really affected Michael (The issue of child abuse, and children being passive victims who are powerless). Also Smile, makes me a happy crier, asthe message is so uplifting.

The one that does it the most is "Keep the Faith" positive and uplifting and again its the emotion in Michaels voice and the choir that can get me sad. Mainly now as I think about the fact that Michael is gone now.

Only Childhood. I love that song but I very rarely listen to because I get sad everytime I hear it. The whole melody, the lyrics and the awful stuff that Michael went through in his life makes this song extremely difficult for me to listen to without getting emotional.

Many of the songs already mentioned, plus "Heaven Can Wait."

Mostly listening to Tabloid Junkie because Michael suffered a lot from all the tabloids about him :(

any song or clip can hit me all of a sudden and make me sad.. I would say more so stuff from This Is It just cuz I start thinking 'what could have been'.. the more music we are lucky to possibly hear from mid 00's I am sure will give me that same feeling.

Back