Do You Hear What I Hear? MJs IConic Status Prevalent in HipHop/Other Music Lyrics Here!

SeanK

The other day my little nephew Dylan said, "Uncle Sean, I never realized until more recently with Thriller25 how many popular hiphop songs make cool reference to Michael Jackson or something relationship to him". That fact has always really intrigued me. We as fans know the excitement we feel when we hear other artists jocking our man. Examples... Rihanna's "Don't Stop The Music", NeYo "Because of You" or miscellaneous general lyrics from other songs like (forgot the song title and artist BRAIN FART) "So I strolled in the club with my hat down.... Michael Jackson sytle".
Here lets share every song referencing Michael Jackson or anything in relationship to him. It doesn't have to be hiphop, but I am highly interested in strating to collect all the music I can that shows how Michael Jackson is so much more than an artists anymore... he is an ICON. Sometimes my company gets tired of my Michael moments... maybe listening to other music with those small doses of Jackson Love would be appealing and cool to my non-MJ friends... many of these songs are known, but when people listen again just noticing the mad love always prevalant would be awesome discovery for many. Lets start compiling these song artists and titles in this forum for all to share and seek. Thanks in advance. I hope this makes sense the way I wrote it... what I ma looking for and wanting?

Here's the latest MJ lyrical reference in Estelle and Kanye's hit American Boy:

Kanye rap: "But I still talk that CAAASH. Cuz a lot wacks want to hear it. And I'm feelin like Mike at his Baddest. The Pips at they Gladys. And I know they love it."

many hip hop songs mention MJ in a positive way.. SOME negitive but usually positive

Here's the latest MJ lyrical reference in Estelle and Kanye's hit American Boy:

Kanye rap: "But I still talk that CAAASH. Cuz a lot wacks want to hear it. And I'm feelin like Mike at his Baddest. The Pips at they Gladys. And I know they love it."

that song is off the chain...

Thanks for the new Kanye song lyrics... I don't think I have heard that one yet. That's excatyly what I wanted though. Kanye has several lyrical references to MJ in a mutitude of his songs so soes Missy Elliott. Lets keep em coming.... please????

Talib Kweli - Good To You
"Leave me alone like Michael Jackson
Or there will be more than butterflies in your stomach
waiting to see what happens"

Musiq Soulchild - L' Is Gone
"So I could be like michael jackson and enjoy myself "

Back