do your family members feel MJ was the king?

My mum and Dad love MJ so does my sister, my brother acts like he doesn't but I here him when he "thinks" hes alone singing This Is It :lol:
My mum and dad were probobly the people who got me into MJ, they went to his HIStory concert in Shefield when I was a baby, and play his music quiet often and I just listened to the music and fell in love with it :)

My family is back and forth on Michael. My mom always used to tell me that he's the greatest entertainer and I remember her using the "King Of Pop" title once. But she thinks some negative things about his personal side. My dad knows the music, my brother loves the Jackson 5 and really loves Black Or White. I remember my grandfather saying, when Michael passed, that he was great but the hype needed to go down. I really don't know. My family isn't the biggest of Michael Jackson fans but I guess they acknowledge how amazing he is and don't deny his talent.

I wish my mom was like my friend's mom though. My friend and her mom LOVE Michael just as I do. I went to see This Is It with my friend and her mom picked us up and asked, "How was my Michael movie!?" and they both went to see it with each other the next weekend.

But it doesn't really matter to me what my family thinks. I KNOW Michael is the king. :wub:

Last edited:
My mother loves Michael, she listens to his music everyday. My brother and sister aren't interested in him and my father is a hater, he keeps saying horrible things about Michael.

My mom is not a MJ fan, nor a hater. She's never been a fan of an artist cuz she's not into music. But she said this on his birthday last year and this is the 1st thing I've ever heard from her talking about him: "He seemed to have a pure soul. You can't be an artist without that." Of course, she said that after I brought up his name as we was sitting down on a bench at a park in my neighborhood. On that day, I got the blues cuz his death was too painful to deal with on his birthday and had to talk about him with someone I love and trust and she was one of them. I know she didn't say that to console me cuz she don't even know how big of a fan I've become. I'm sure every word was straight from her heart.

I would probably never hear from her mentioning his name again, let alone commenting on him. But what she said truly moved me on that day and still do. Sometimes I wished she was a fan, too, but with those words that day, it feels like my wish has come true.

I know this thread is about family members ranking him musically, but I had to tell my story. My mother's words about him as a person and artist, that means a whole lot more to me than hearing the posthumous "MJ-is-the-king" praise.

Last edited:
Michael he is king of a pure,spirit first!!daddy next...talent..what..don't even try to put words...i love you michael..sing with the angels

yes all my family are fans of Michael..My mom especially looking everyday on the web to find news,pics,sites about MJ..
Im very lucky that everyone in my family love him and i can tell to my mom,dad and grandmom come to see the history or every video looking at the time:)

Back