Donald Trump elected as America's 45th President.

for how much BS has came out and continues to happen since he's been in office.. I would guess it's just a matter of time before he's impeached.. Than again, I never thought a president could get away with this much and publicly displaying it - so...

Horrifying events in Charlottesville today. Condolences and prayers for the lost and injured. :cry:

This article is from the LA times:

The violence in Virginia is irrefutably rooted in racism

The violence in Charlottesville, Va., on Saturday at the “Unite the Right” protest against the proposed removal of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee was irrefutably rooted in racism, and bore disgusting echoes of Nazism. For evidence, look no further than the Hitlerian “blood and soil” and “Jews won’t replace us” chants during a pre-protest rally Friday night by a Tiki torch-bearing parade of overwhelmingly white men.

And to erase further doubt, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke watched the violence unfold Saturday and declared that the white supremacy movement — which is what he represents — was at “a turning point.” Added Duke, “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

Some might quibble with that analysis, but they do so either as apologists for hatred, or as naifs. Because the violence in Charlottesville clearly was the product of the rise of racism as a political force in this country. And we can only hope that Charlottesville was the culmination of that rise and not, as Duke seems to hope, the first flames of a wildfire.

So how did we get here? It’s easy to blame the hatred and divisiveness that spilled out of the Trump campaign. But truth be told, he tapped into a current of American political and social beliefs that has been around for generations. The detestable views on display in Charlottesville reflect the worst of America — a nation that rose on the backs of slaves, that banned the Chinese from entering, that in some places restricted the sales of homes to white people. Yes, we as a nation are more than that. But we are also that.

Trump, to his detriment, has emboldened this rise. He missed a sterling opportunity to strike a different, more presidential, note Saturday with a milquetoast condemnation that failed to call out the racism that propelled Friday’s march and Saturday’s violence. We are a nation increasingly divided politically, economically and ethnically, divisions he has exploited and thus helped exacerbate. The weekend’s skirmishes and utterances ring of 1930s Berlin — though the nation is far from descending into fascism — and the 1950s desegregation battles across the South. They also mark a failure of political discourse and the political system, which is supposed to mediate our political differences, not accentuate them.

That young angry white men would march with torches and chant Nazi slogans is chilling, jarring and indefensible. Some have sought to equate that display with the leftist protesters who engaged in running street brawls with the white nationalists, but that is to grossly confuse messages, and motives. When the nationalists took to the streets, they did so as an act of hatred and of history. They should not have been confronted with violence — peaceful expressions of repugnant views must be tolerated lest we became a nation of mobs and thugs. But those who give vent to the darkest corners of the human heart are uniquely vile.

We as a nation are at a dangerous place in our politics. With institutions questioned, delegitimized and, in the case of the federal government, eroded from within, we must recognize that the strength of a democratic society rests in its ability to forge common ground, to have common faith in each other and to isolate those who would seek to shred the national fabric. Given the gaspingly inadequate response by Trump, we must look elsewhere for leadership that can help navigate such rocky waters.

But most of all, we must look within.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-charlottesville-racism-trump-20170812-story.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this comment from twitter:

5* review of @realDonaldTrump's 'on many sides' comments in Daily Stormer, leading neo-Nazi site: 'He said he loves us all.'

Last edited:
I'm gonna be completely and totally truthful here.

I'm not a Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I was never really into politics. But I kinda supported Trump during the 2016 election. A few people in my family were supporting him and I guess I tagged along. I learned more about him and what he was doing through some Michael Jackson fans who supported him during the election. Granted not all of his ideas were good, but I really loved his idea to create laws to prevent lying media.

However, after all these horrible tragedies (i.e. the transgender military ban, the Charlottesville attack, etc.), I have had enough. I am no longer supporting Trump. It's such a shame. He had my support. He had the support of some members in my family. He says he's gonna fix America. And yet he does this.

I am deeply sorry for giving him any support, but it's over now. I'm done with Trump. I'm never supporting Hillary, Bernie, etc. I'm done with politics.

I'm gonna be completely and totally truthful here.

I'm not a Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I was never really into politics. But I kinda supported Trump during the 2016 election. A few people in my family were supporting him and I guess I tagged along. I learned more about him and what he was doing through some Michael Jackson fans who supported him during the election. Granted not all of his ideas were good, but I really loved his idea to create laws to prevent lying media.

However, after all these horrible tragedies (i.e. the transgender military ban, the Charlottesville attack, etc.), I have had enough. I am no longer supporting Trump. It's such a shame. He had my support. He had the support of some members in my family. He says he's gonna fix America. And yet he does this.

I am deeply sorry for giving him any support, but it's over now. I'm done with Trump. I'm never supporting Hillary, Bernie, etc. I'm done with politics.

I'm deeply sorry to know that any MJ fans would promote support for Trump, given that there are so many racists among his power-base. As an overseas observer, he lost me as from his recorded 'pussy grabbing' comments, and I could not imagine that any modern country would elect someone who disrespected at least 50% of their national population, irrespective of any additional race issues.

The history of misery in this world is closely linked to the rise of vain and deluded men (I'm afraid that so far it has always been men), who believe that they can win 'greatness' for themselves, rather than 'good' for their fellows, and aim to do so through military exploits and vanity projects (like 'the wall'). I am sorry that the USA (and the rest of us) now have to live with this this incapable man and his dangerous backers for probably another 3.5 years...if we manage to live that long!

Sadly I don't think that an impeachment, even if successful, would help matters, as too many of Trump's wealthy supporters are in too many important government positions, with no checks and balances in the White House to moderate their decisions or actions.

^^^ @respect777s post

Because Trump supports their ideals. Because Trump is obviously one of them. I mean, just look at Trumps past and at his political "staff" in the White House: Steve Bannon probably being the scariest of them all ...

Before Trump can be a real threat to the world, he probably manages to blow up his own country first ...

America was built in the image of the Roman Republic. Its capitol, imagery, and goals were set with good intentions on that foundation. ...............................Democracy has failed in this once great nation, now the time for a new Caesar to revive the American spirit has dawned..

^Thank you, I had not read these aims before. They are chilling as a model. The wealth of the Roman Empire (which replaced the Roman Republic) was based on militarism and wide-scale slavery.

Interesting that they use the word 'Vanguard' (meaning in the forefront, leading) when they want to take the world back almost to the dark ages. They seem more interested in 'control (of power) ' than in more pressing issues for the world such as fighting disease, poverty, lack of education, environmental degradation. The world cannot start again from pre-476 AD. We have to progress from where we are now.

van|guard [ˈvanɡɑːd]
NOUN

a group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas:
"the experimental spirit of the modernist vanguard"

a position at the forefront of new developments or ideas:

"the prototype was in the vanguard of technical development"

synonyms: forefront · van · advance guard · avant-garde · spearhead · front · front line · front rank · fore · lead · leading position · cutting edge · driving force · leaders · founders · [more]

the foremost part of an advancing army or naval force.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw this photo in a response on Twitter to Paris. I know the trooper is 'real' ie from Charlottesville yesterday. It seems beyond comprehension that the child was there, or dressed in this way. But that's where the adult KKK come from...they are 'inducted' from childhood.

This photo broke my heart.

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/poXi77yrj][/URL]

Last edited:
I'm deeply sorry to know that any MJ fans would promote support for Trump, given that there are so many racists among his power-base. As an overseas observer, he lost me as from his recorded 'pussy grabbing' comments, and I could not imagine that any modern country would elect someone who disrespected at least 50% of their national population, irrespective of any additional race issues.

It's probably because Trump has said some nice things about MJ in the past and that's enough for some MJ fans to forgive anything else.

The history of misery in this world is closely linked to the rise of vain and deluded men (I'm afraid that so far it has always been men), who believe that they can win 'greatness' for themselves, rather than 'good' for their fellows, and aim to do so through military exploits and vanity projects (like 'the wall'). I am sorry that the USA (and the rest of us) now have to live with this this incapable man and his dangerous backers for probably another 3.5 years...if we manage to live that long!

Glad you mentioned it. These fascist/white supremacist movements are overwhelmingly male but somehow this is taken for granted. Why is there hardly any serious discussion in the media about the link between masculinity and authoritarianism? I've often wondered the same about crime as well. Men represent more than 95% of the prison population around the world but no one cares or bothers to figure out why. That's just the way it is.

We are told that women are more emotional and 'hysterical' than men, that we can't handle stress as well, that we are less intelligent and that our biological differences make us inferior. These stereotypes have gone unchallenged for centuries and persist even today (see the controversy over the Google memo guy and the hoards of people rushing to defend it) and yet it's men who are far more likely to support irrational, emotion-based ideas like nationalism, racism and authoritarianism and who are more prone to impulsive violence.

Imagine for a second if the roles were reversed and 95% of prison inmates and right-wing extremists were women - do you really think gender as a factor would get as little discussion as it does today? So don't be afraid to bring up the fact that these thugs are overwhelmingly MEN - someone needs to do it.

^^^ @respect777s post

Because Trump supports their ideals. Because Trump is obviously one of them. I mean, just look at Trumps past and at his political "staff" in the White House: Steve Bannon probably being the scariest of them all ...

Yes he does, and they know he's one of them or at the very least welcomes their support.

White nationalists and neo-Nazis celebrated President Donald Trump's remarks about the protests in Charlottesville, Virginia on Friday, in which he denounced violence "on all sides" rather than explicitly condemning white supremacism.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides," Trump said at a press conference. "On many sides."

Trump said that he had spoken to Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, and that they "agreed that the hate and the division must stop and must stop right now."

The president went on to talk about how the US is "doing very well in so many ways," and touted the recent jobs and unemployment numbers.

Many were quick to criticize the president for failing to denounce the "Unite the Right" rally held by white nationalists on Friday in response to a plan to remove a statue of Confederate general Robert E. Lee from a park in Charlottesville.

(...)

Several prominent white nationalists and neo-Nazis, however, praised Trump's comments.

The founder of the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi and white supremacist website that considers itself a part of the alt-right, celebrated the fact that Trump "outright refused to disavow" the white nationalist rally and movement.

"People saying he cucked are shills and ****s," wrote the founder, Andrew Anglin. "He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room."

(...)

"Trump comments were good," said another Daily Stormer commenter. "He didn't attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us. He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate... on both sides! So he implied the antifa are haters."

The commenter continued: "There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all. He said he loves us all. Also refused to answer a question about white nationalists supporting him. No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/neo-n...-about-charlottesville-riots-2017-8?r=US&IR=T

Last edited:
Trump's statement could have been a hell of a lot stronger-like maybe using words like "fire and fury." But it was the strongest I've seen him on this.

And I don't know-David Duke seems to be really irritated-still don't know why he's trying to claim Trump-guess he doesn't realize his daughter and his grandchildren are Jewish?
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/former-kkk-leader-david-duke-200532936.html

Trump's statement could have been a hell of a lot stronger-like maybe using words like "fire and fury." But it was the strongest I've seen him on this.

Really? I've seen him react a lot stronger in the past - but of course that was when the terrorist mowing people over with a car was a Muslim rather than a white supremacist.

And I don't know-David Duke seems to be really irritated-still don't know why he's trying to claim Trump-guess he doesn't realize his daughter and his grandchildren are Jewish?
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/former-kkk-leader-david-duke-200532936.html

Trump more than makes up for it with his pandering to white supremacism both in word and deed. They hear his dogwhistles loud and clear.

Someone tweeted this to Paris:

Not many presidents could make threatening nuclear war the second worst thing he did in a week.
11:26 PM - 12 Aug 2017

1,109 replies 97,144 retweets 255,378 likes
Reply 1.1K Retweet 97K Liked 255K Direct message

https://twitter.com/gadyepstein/status/896498104752537600

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiki Brand, the company that manufactures the bulk of tiki torches in the US, took to social media over the weekend, saying it was not happy to see its products used as tools for white nationalists and other extremist groups.
The bamboo-wrapped beacons are decidedly nonwhite, having roots in Polynesian and Hawaiian cultures -- a fact that white-nationalist marchers might not have meant to highlight. Tiki torches made their entrance in the US in the early 1900s in Hawaiian-themed restaurants.

TIKI Brand is not associated in any way with the events that took place in Charlottesville and are deeply saddened and disappointed. We do not support their message or the use of our products in this way. Our products are designed to enhance backyard gatherings and to help family and friends connect with each other at home in their yard.

...And from an individual commenting on Twitter:

when you have to use a polynesian cultural product (tiki torches) to defend and assert white supremacy 🙃

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the press conference Trump walked out of, without addressing reporter's questions. He's more interested in 'Who's getting the pen'. I wish they had all refused it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REv2cefSj54

Last edited:
and....The Daily Stormer has hopefully been booted off its internet platform. I hope no-one else will host them.
(This was also on Paris' twitter feed).

Edit 1: In later updates, it was mentioned that The Daily Stormer had moved to Google, but that Anonymous had taken over the site. I guess it will take a while for Google to react, or for there to be any further developments.
Oh, spoke too soon- Google reacted quickly:

Reuters Top News Retweeted
Reuters Tech News?Verified account @ReutersTech 7m7 minutes ago
More
UPDATE: Google spokesperson says company is canceling Daily Stormer's registration for violating Google terms of service

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pn3V3v6jj][/URL]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 2: Meanwhile, here is a view of the White House from the left-wing leaning 'The Guardian' (non tabloid) UK newspaper:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnssIBgQj][/URL]

The cartoon is by Ben Jennings.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-on-donald-trump-and-charlottesville-cartoon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This also turned up on twitter: A 1943 US War Department anti-fascist information film. Fascinating to watch in the light of recent events. This is a short version, but the full version link is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k0971Hy5eo

The full version of this (same) film is also well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6-cEAJZlE

Last edited:
I'm sorry but anyone who voted for Donald Trump or wanted him to be president based off what he said about Michael is not living in the real world. That's just nuts

There is a 'Typography in pop culture' site which mentioned a particular Trump logo back in February 2017.
Here is the website:
https://ginamessick.co/presidential-campaign-typography/

Someone on twitter has picked up a certain similarity:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnyOgb0Uj][/URL]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First they came for the protestors.......

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

Dreamhost, a web hosting provider, said that it has been working with the Department of Justice for several months on the request, which believes goes too far under the Constitution.

DreamHost claimed that the complying with the request from the Justice Department would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses to the government, in addition to contact information, email content and photos of thousands of visitors to the website, which was involved in organizing protests against Trump on Inauguration Day.
“That information could be used to identify any individuals who used this site to exercise and express political speech protected under the Constitution’s First Amendment,” DreamHost wrote in the blog post on Monday. “That should be enough to set alarm bells off in anyone’s mind.”

When contacted, the Justice Department directed The Hill to the U.S. attorney's office in D.C.

The company is currently challenging the request. A hearing on the matter is scheduled for Friday in Washington.

“In essence, the Search Warrant not only aims to identify the political dissidents of the current administration, but attempts to identify and understand what content each of these dissidents viewed on the website,” the company’s general counsel, Chris Ghazarian, said in a legal argument opposing the request.

The web provider published a purported search warrant issued by the Superior Court of the District of Columbia that asks for records and information related to the website and its owner, along with information that could be used to identify subscribers of the website.

This includes “names, addresses, telephone numbers and other identifiers, e-mail addresses, business information, the length of service (including start date), means and source of payment for services (including any credit card or bank account number), and information about any domain name registration.”

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...esting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

Last edited:
How people STILL try defending this man... It is beyond me! How do some stand there and try to explain half of what he says and does.. He is beyond immature and should not have the power he does. It is very scary!!

His second 'forced' statement about Charlottesville clearly was not meant from the heart, and everyone knows it.

To him, the 'truly bad people' are the ones telling the truth about him, not the fascists.

Latest tweet:

Donald J. Trump?Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
Made additional remarks on Charlottesville and realize once again that the #Fake News Media will never be satisfied...truly bad people!

Some chilling parallels with history: The UK faced Nazi marches and demonstrations (by the so-called 'Black shirts', led by Oswald Mosley) in the mid 1930s, before WW2. Uniformed (non-UK military) marches were subsequently banned.

Here is a short video documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZFyYkcnf4

You can see by the poster at 0.46 that the Blackshirts also spread the myth of 'fake news' (See poster: The Truth at Last)

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/poOt2Pzuj][/URL]

And here is the start of a Mosley speech in London in July 1939. Americans will see that much of it sounds very familiar.

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/poR3Yc9aj][/URL]

Page 4 of the same printed speech is specific about the problems Mosley claimed were harming Britain, ie 'international money' and foreign businesses:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pn7Qmr8Pj][/URL]

Not forgetting of course the 'problems of immigration' (page 14)

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnOBLGSpj][/URL]

https://archive.org/stream/BUFandOswaldMosley/Britain First Rally - Britain first#page/n3/mode/2up

Last edited:
Texas A&M had granted a white supremacist permission to hold a rally there on 9-11. His speaker was some guy who had been there before (saw a clip of him last night on the news of his last speech-said "The United States belongs to WHITE MEN.")
I happened to be working Sunday at our pool with our pool monitor for the summer who is a Texas A&M student and about to go back to school-and his phone was blowing up with news of the counter-protest rallies. I didn't want to tell him not to go, but I was scared for him.

But good news-Texas A&M found a loophole and cancelled the whole thing altogether.

I'm a history buff and we all revere the "Greatest Generation" who fought and destroyed the Nazis in WWII-even my mother, who was a little kid in the war, did her job to help with the war effort.
NEVER in my wildest dreams would I imagine that we'd see Nazis marching in America.

I'm sorry but anyone who voted for Donald Trump or wanted him to be president based off what he said about Michael is not living in the real world. That's just nuts

friend, I'm sorry but what Donald Trump said or did not say about Michael - I hope is least of our worries about him as president.. makes good conversation in here, that's about it..

I didn't think I would be shocked...... I'm from a military family who fought Nazism, and I understand history pretty well. But these guys are something else. Cantwell (last 5 mins or so of the very well-made HBO documentary film ^^) went along to that Charlottesville demonstration with 2 x AK 47's, three handguns and a knife. Heaven knows how many arms must have been carried by that Nazi rabble in total. The anti-fascist protesters are characterised by him as 'wanting violence', and his group is 'meeting market demand'. He believes that 'a lot more people will die here'.

I'm so afraid that he is right. I'm not sure that the US population is at all (mentally or physically) prepared to stop people like Cantwell. There are times when 'free speech' becomes 'hate speech'. These Nazis were just aching for a protester to throw something at them, or fire one bullet in the air, so that any 'retribution' the Nazis take comes with the inbuilt excuse of 'self defence'. (As per Cantwell's excuse for the killing and maiming by that car driver).

How far will the Nazi groups have to take this before the USA population realises that 'the right to free hate-speech' is used by their would-be oppressors as a recruiting tool, and is (not 'will be', but is now) undermining their whole democracy?

This was a Trump re-tweet earlier today (or late yesterday) I understand..... The comment is from the Anne Frank Centre.

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/po78UhlHj][/URL]

You could almost imagine that trump might have had this image in mind:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmsIqIQXj][/URL]

Interestingly, while I was looking up German propaganda from the 30's and 40's, I came across this familiar mis-spelling. You could almost imagine that a certain person had been doing a bit of research online.....:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnF6PLDPj][/URL]

Last edited:
Wow-everything exploded this afternoon. I was off today, watching YouTube, and they had a live feed to his press conference. Everything has gone to hell in a handbasket.
No script today-the anchors are on our local news right now are just crazed-they usually try to be professional-

I didn't think I would be shocked...... I'm from a military family who fought Nazism, and I understand history pretty well. But these guys are something else. Cantwell (last 5 mins or so of the very well-made HBO documentary film ^^) went along to that Charlottesville demonstration with 2 x AK 47's, three handguns and a knife. Heaven knows how many arms must have been carried by that Nazi rabble in total. The anti-fascist protesters are characterised by him as 'wanting violence', and his group is 'meeting market demand'. He believes that 'a lot more people will die here'.

These thugs would have us all believe they went to Charlottesville for a "peaceful demonstration" :smilerolleyes:

pri_49356813.jpg

I wonder how they'd feel about BLM supporters wielding AK-47s in the streets and wearing (fake) military fatigues? No doubt they'd see it as an official declaration of racial holy war and an excuse to target black people at random.

These people are the ultimate snowflakes - just so eager to embrace the mantle of victimhood and oppression and whining about how unfair the whole world is to them. They know they can't compete with women and minorities on a level playing field, that is why they're clinging onto their privileged status.

They do these marches to provoke and intimidate, hoping for a confrontation with counter-protesters that will give them a justification to lash out in violent ways while still claiming victimhood. If all they wanted was to share their ideology with the world, they wouldn't need to show up like soldiers in combat. Millions of people attended the Women's March but I didn't see any assault rifles around.

I'm so afraid that he is right. I'm not sure that the US population is at all (mentally or physically) prepared to stop people like Cantwell. There are times when 'free speech' becomes 'hate speech'. These Nazis were just aching for a protester to throw something at them, or fire one bullet in the air, so that any 'retribution' the Nazis take comes with the inbuilt excuse of 'self defence'. (As per Cantwell's excuse for the killing and maiming by that car driver).

How far will the Nazi groups have to take this before the USA population realises that 'the right to free hate-speech' is used by their would-be oppressors as a recruiting tool, and is (not 'will be', but is now) undermining their whole democracy?

I used to think the US had it right when it comes to free speech laws and I would tell my fellow liberals here that we should adopt the American model but now I see its limitations. I can't think of any possible benefits to society in allowing neo-nazis, or Islamic extremists for that matter, to spew their hatred in public. Obviously we must have robust protections for freedom of speech but I don't think it's unreasonable to make an exception for speech that advocates violence, genocide, slavery or ethnic conflict. Notice that the ONLY excuse these degenerates have is free speech, that is what they hide behind as if any serious person can believe fascists genuinely care about freedom of expression. As soon as they achieve any power, their first move will be to curtail this freedom for anyone they perceive as their enemies.

Let's not forget the reason this march was held in the first place, which was the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, the Confederacy's top general. I learnt today that there are over 700 such statues in the US memorialising important figures of the Confederacy and a lot of them are fairly recent too - North Carolina added 35 statues since 2000 alone. The fact that these statues even exist is an outrage, knowing that the main goal of the Confederacy was preserving the right to keep slaves. What an affront to African Americans to literally put Confederate figures on a pedestal in their public parks and town squares. Some say these statues are merely reminders of history and removing them amounts to historical revisionism but that's nonsense on its face. You won't find a single statue of Hitler or other nazi generals in Germany but I can assure you Germans know their own history just fine. If anything, these statues are revisionist in themselves because they sanitise a very dark chapter in American history. And IF you need a statue to commemorate the Confederacy, surely it doesn't need to look like this:

ShowImage-e1486657847716.jpg

Why not have a statue of Lee's surrender at Appomattox which triggered the end of the Civil War instead?

This was a Trump re-tweet earlier today (or late yesterday) I understand..... The comment is from the Anne Frank Centre.

http://

Please note that the Anne Frank Center has no official connection to Anne Frank or her family. I think it's great that they're critical of the Trump administration but I'm not really comfortable with them doing so under Anne Frank's name. She's not here to speak for herself and her legacy shouldn't be tied to partisan bickering.

You could almost imagine that trump might have had this image in mind:

(...)

Interestingly, while I was looking up German propaganda from the 30's and 40's, I came across this familiar mis-spelling. You could almost imagine that a certain person had been doing a bit of research online.....:

(...)

Nah, in this case Trump's ignorance works in his favour. I seriously doubt he knows what a nazi train looks like or that his atrocious spelling is on purpose. The man is a bumbling idiot.

respect77;4203365 said:
The Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville has been erected in 1924 and a lot of Confederate statues were erected at the time - and that perhaps isn't a coincidence either. That was the time when the KKK was at its most popular. Its membership peaked in 1924-25 when it had estimated 3-6 million members. So it was during an era where racist sentiments along with a nostalgy for the Confederation were at an all time high.

The person who commissioned the statue in 1917 (Paul Goodloe McIntyre) was a successful Investment Banker who gave most of his fortune to the town, and especially to the arts, as he Endowed the University of Virginia with their Fine Art and Music Faculties, as well as donating large sums to many other local causes eg the local hospital. I couldn't find anything about his political views, but he seems an unlikely 'extremist'. But as you say, there was a particular sentiment at the time....

None of the events this last weekend were really about the Lee statue though. As far as I could see on video, or read from press reports, no-one in the right-wing groups was shouting 'Save our statue' or 'Restore the name of the Park'. They were yelling about Jews, and 'White lives matter.' These are sentiments that Trump tacitly supports in terms of blaming 'non Americans / non-whites' for 'American' ills, whether crime-related or financial.

It is no coincidence that the Mayor of Charlottesville (which seems to be 75%+ Democrat based) had opposed Trump and campaigned for Charlottesville to be a 'sanctuary city'.

Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer declared the city the “capital of the resistance” at a rally held in January following the election of President Donald Trump.

Signer organized the rally to announce his plans to “resist” the Trump administration by providing legal assistance to immigrants and directing the Charlottesville’s Human Rights Commission to address reports of xenophobia or racism. Signer also said he was considering violating federal law by making Charlottesville a “sanctuary city” for illegal immigrants.

The rally was reportedly attended by hundreds of citizens as well Khizr Khan, the father of a Muslim American soldier died in combat in Iraq, who chastised Trump for his proposed Muslim immigration ban in a speech at the Democratic National Convention.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/14/f...ayor-declares-city-capital-of-the-resistance/

After economic depressions, when countries struggle to recover, those who desire power have always blamed outsiders. Trump based his entire campaign on 'blaming others' from Obama to much of the rest of the world (except Russia).
His policies say it all (These are just a few) :

Immigration
-Build a wall along the Mexican border
-Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced
-Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans
-Triple the number of ICE officers
Implement a nationwide e-verify
-Deport all illegal immigrants
-Detain all illegal immigrants until they are deported
-Cut-off federal grants to any city which acts as a "sanctuary city" and refuses to cooperate with federal law enforcement
-Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa
-Cooperate with local gang task forces
-End birthright citizenship
-Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs
-Require companies to hire American workers first
-End welfare abuse
-Require employers to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed immigrant and native workers before issuing new green cards to foreign workers
-Increase standards for the admission of refugees and asylum-seekers to crack down on abuses
-Temporarily halt Muslim immigration as long as the threat of ISIS persists
Jobs & Economy
-Bring China to the bargaining table by immediately declaring it a currency manipulator
-Force China to uphold intellectual property laws
-Put an end to China’s illegal export subsidies and lax labor and environmental standards

https://www.politiplatform.com/trump

His supporters don't seem to question why a nationalist and patriot such as Trump should have so many 'infrastructure' projects overseas, not least some of his hotels and golf courses. (Jobs for Americans first?).
I guess the far right also don't see the historical irony in giving away good jobs on the land to overseas-born slave workers.......well that's OK as long as it made the owners rich, and they didn't actually have to pay American workers.

And a final small irony for the Brits: I didn't hear alt-right, 'America for the Americans' demonstrators last weekend shouting that they wanted to change the name of Charlottesville........which is named for the Queen consort of King George III.

Logical historical arguments? There are none. This 'Alt-right' support was always about getting Trump into power, and getting themselves (Bannon, Duke et al) into his driving seat. The Nazis of the 30's understood very well the power of the orator, and Trump did his job well at election rallies. There is a Nazi painting in the Washington Holocaust Memorial Museum (painted in 1937), called 'In the Beginning was the Word'. Replace the oratorial figure with Trump, and you could paint this again today. As long as he has Fox News and others to promulgate his toxic speech to credulous viewers nationwide, the rise and spread of the right in the USA will continue. No wonder he wants to send his murderous 'train' for CNN (and for anyone else who opposes him, like the democrats of Charlottesville).

(Postscript: I've just noticed that the artist who painted this (Hermann Heyer) bears the same surname as Heather Heyer, who was so tragically murdered on Saturday. I think a subtitle to this painting could well be: 'If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention'. Rest In Power, Heather.)

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnsBfJ0Pj][/URL]

https://hitlerthegreat.tumblr.com/post/163689051693/hermann-heyer-in-the-beginning-was-the-word

Last edited:
And this is what the Charlottesville Jewish Community had to put up with last weekend:

In Charlottesville, the Local Jewish Community Presses On

On Saturday morning, I stood outside our synagogue with the armed security guard we hired after the police department refused to provide us with an officer during morning services. (Even the police department’s limited promise of an observer near our building was not kept — and note, we did not ask for protection of our property, only our people as they worshipped).

Forty congregants were inside. Here’s what I witnessed during that time.

For half an hour, three men dressed in fatigues and armed with semi-automatic rifles stood across the street from the temple. Had they tried to enter, I don’t know what I could have done to stop them, but I couldn’t take my eyes off them, either. Perhaps the presence of our armed guard deterred them. Perhaps their presence was just a coincidence, and I’m paranoid. I don’t know.

Several times, parades of Nazis passed our building, shouting, “There's the synagogue!” followed by chants of “Seig Heil” and other anti-Semitic language. Some carried flags with swastikas and other Nazi symbols.

A guy in a white polo shirt walked by the synagogue a few times, arousing suspicion. Was he casing the building, or trying to build up courage to commit a crime? We didn’t know. Later, I noticed that the man accused in the automobile terror attack wore the same polo shirt as the man who kept walking by our synagogue; apparently it’s the uniform of a white supremacist group. Even now, that gives me a chill.

When services ended, my heart broke as I advised congregants that it would be safer to leave the temple through the back entrance rather than through the front, and to please go in groups.

This is 2017 in the United States of America.

Later that day, I arrived on the scene shortly after the car plowed into peaceful protesters. It was a horrific and bloody scene.

Soon, we learned that Nazi websites had posted a call to burn our synagogue. I sat with one of our rabbis and wondered whether we should go back to the temple to protect the building. What could I do if I were there? Fortunately, it was just talk – but we had already deemed such an attack within the realm of possibilities, taking the precautionary step of removing our Torahs, including a Holocaust scroll, from the premises.

Again: This is in America in 2017.

At the end of the day, we felt we had no choice but to cancel a Havdalah service at a congregant’s home. It had been announced on a public Facebook page, and we were fearful that Nazi elements might be aware of the event. Again, we sought police protection – not a battalion of police, just a single officer – but we were told simply to cancel the event.

Local police faced an unprecedented problem that day, but make no mistake, Jews are a specific target of these groups, and despite nods of understanding from officials about our concerns – and despite the fact that the mayor himself is Jewish – we were left to our own devices. The fact that a calamity did not befall the Jewish community of Charlottesville on Saturday was not thanks to our politicians, our police, or even our own efforts, but to the grace of God.

And yet, in the midst of all that, other moments stand out for me, as well.

John Aguilar, a 30-year Navy veteran, took it upon himself to stand watch over the synagogue through services Friday evening and Saturday, along with our armed guard. He just felt he should.

We experienced wonderful turnout for services both Friday night and Saturday morning to observe Shabbat, including several non-Jews who said they came to show solidarity (though a number of congregants, particularly elderly ones, told me they were afraid to come to synagogue).

A frail, elderly woman approached me Saturday morning as I stood on the steps in front of our sanctuary, crying, to tell me that while she was Roman Catholic, she wanted to stay and watch over the synagogue with us. At one point, she asked, “Why do they hate you?” I had no answer to the question we’ve been asking ourselves for thousands of years.

At least a dozen complete strangers stopped by as we stood in front the synagogue Saturday to ask if we wanted them to stand with us.

And our wonderful rabbis stood on the front lines with other Charlottesville clergy, opposing hate.

Most attention now is, and for the foreseeable future will be, focused on the deaths and injuries that occurred, and that is as it should be. But for most people, before the week is out, Saturday’s events will degenerate into the all-to-familiar bickering that is part of the larger, ongoing political narrative. The media will move on — and all it will take is some new outrageous Trump tweet to change the subject.

We will get back to normal, also. We have two b’nai mitzvah coming up, and soon, Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur will be upon us, too.

After the nation moves on, we will be left to pick up the pieces. Fortunately, this is a very strong and capable Jewish community, blessed to be led by incredible rabbis. We have committed lay leadership, and a congregation committed to Jewish values and our synagogue. In some ways, we will come out of it stronger – just as tempering metals make them tougher and harder.

http://reformjudaism.org/blog/2017/08/14/charlottesville-local-jewish-community-presses

Oh, about that Cantwell guy, who was shown with the AK-47s etc in the HBO documentary that respect 777 posted a few posts back (previous page).

Here's a couple more YT vids:
1. Cantwell (posted on 4th July 2017 - Note the date!) talking in an internet / radio programme (?) about the threats that the left make against the right: (Stop Liberal Intolerance????? LOL)
eg at appx 4.15: This is not a debate, there is no middle ground if someone says 'there is no white supremacy. ..... This is war'.
and appx7.27 'They are trying to spark an insurrection and it's working out fantastically, frankly'.
and appx 20.17 'If we resort to violence we will in one swoop change the political landscape'
and ...note the Trump poster behind him.

(No need to listen to it unless interested, the more important video is below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RRMZ8U_3n0

2. The more important video is this one posted by Cantwell on 16th August 17. He is frightened that he might be arrested, and is crying.... AAAAwwwwww. Didn't work out so fantastically, then??? Could Cantwell be ..well, recanting???? (Or is it all for show. The Alt_right already have a video up explaining in their words how the very tragic death crash on Saturday was just faked 'play acting'.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_0CCaDI-A

It reminds me other another Tiki-type (dressed in presidential pants and polo) who got seriously shouted at by a liberal on Saturday. He ran away a few yards from his friends, took off his polo top and started to cry, wailing 'It's not me, I only came here for some fun'. They only seem to be brave when they can beat someone with a large stick, or shoot them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to see that Paypal and 'Go Fund me' are blocking fundraising for groups and individuals via their platforms...but there is more work to do as the article below shows:

PayPal is making it clear that hate isn't welcome on its platform.

The online payments processor said it works to make sure its services aren't used to accept payments or donations that promote hate, violence or racial intolerance, according to a blog post on Tuesday night.
That includes groups that encourage racist views, such as the KKK and white-supremacist organizations.
"If we become aware of a website or organization using our services that may violate our policies, our highly trained team of experts addresses each case individually and carefully evaluates the website itself, any associated organizations, and their adherence to our policy," PayPal said in the blog post.
The company declined to give further details about how its team determines who is ultimately blocked from the platform and why.

................In its report on Tuesday, the Southern Poverty Law Center also called out specific accounts of white supremacist organizers and attendees who were permitted to use PayPal before and after the events in Charlottesville, despite PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy, which bans the promotion of hate, violence and racial intolerance.
A CNN Tech analysis found that PayPal has since blocked payments to the majority of the accounts listed in the nonprofit's report, such as to Richard Spencer's the National Policy Institute, a white separatist think tank.
A PayPal spokesman said the company doesn't comment on specific account information or provide status updates. However, the donate button for the think tank goes to a PayPal page that says: "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

The same message was displayed when donate buttons were clicked on other sites the group mentioned, such as Identity Evropa, Radical Agenda and the Revolutionary Conservative.
Anti-Semitic website the Right Stuff had no option to donate through PayPal on its site, but CNN Tech found at least one offshoot site was still collecting donations through PayPal. Patriotic Flags, an online retailer that sells far-right flags and banners, still uses PayPal as a payment-processing platform.
This isn't the first time PayPal has blocked payments to certain users. In May, white-supremacist website Occidental Dissent said PayPal canceled its account. The account of prominent supremacist Kyle Chapman was also reportedly deactivated.

Popular crowdfunding site GoFundMe is also taking a stand against hate speech. The platform shut down multiple campaigns this week to raise money for James Fields, the man accused of driving his car into a crowd at the rally on Saturday.
"White nationalists and neo-nazis cannot use GoFundMe to promote hatred, racism, or intolerance, and if a campaign violates GoFundMe's terms of service, we'll remove it from the platform," a spokesman told CNN Tech.
The company said those campaigns did not raise any money and were immediately removed.

Earlier this week, GoDaddy (GDDY) and Google Domains (GOOGL, Tech30) gave white supremacist and neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer the boot after it published a derogatory story about Heyer, the Charlottesvile victim.
"Tech companies feel increasing pressure to police speech on their platforms and to take down speech that the vast majority of people find to be offensive, vile and hateful," said David Snyder, executive director at the First Amendment Coalition.
However, this comes with the risk that these platforms will over-correct or ban speech too broadly and lose customers.
"If these companies are viewed as over-regulatory [or] too active in censoring the speech of their customers, the customers will go elsewhere," Snyder said.
Such platforms have already popped up in recent years, such as WeSearchr, a crowdfunding platform that doesn't place restrictions on campaigns, and Gab, an alternative social media network.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/16/tec...CNN081617paypal-alt-right-accounts0342PMStory

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit to add: And this was interesting about the Trump winery in Charlottesville:

After Trump's press conference Tuesday, he mentioned a winery controlled by his family in Charlottesville, although that business quickly sought to distance itself from any affiliation with the president. The American Lawyer reported in 2011 on work done by LeClairRyan and a retired Skadden partner in acquiring the property.

http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=12...2617075486&curindex=1&slreturn=20170716174052

Last edited:
Like I said, these losers are in a perpetual state of victimhood. It's how they cope with being such failures in life when they're supposed to be the master race.

There's a great thread on Twitter that's exposing racists (Yes, You're Racist) and these "proud" white nationalists are losing their minds over it. They whine about being "outed" but nobody forced them to attend a public neo-nazi rally. They're all brave when they're anonymous on the internet but don't have the courage to stand by their convictions in real life.

Speaking of Twitter, this tweet from Obama (quoting Mandela) became the most liked ever on Twitter:

Full quote: "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love. For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela

Oh, and Trump announced that he disbanded two White House business councils because so many CEOs resigned after his controversial remarks yesterday. So much winning! -_-

keep stirring the pot the way you are trump.. let's see where that gets you.. and gets us! Can you be a LITTLE less selfish and know it's all of our livelihood you are messing with.. not just your own?

Back