Dr. Freeze's Break of Dawn demo?

arXter

Proud Member
i've been following producer and Invincible backing vocalist Elliot 'Dr. Freeze' Straite's MySpace for a while, and made a post before on how some of his tracks sounded very MJ-esque to the point of (badly) imitating him vocally.

well he uploaded a 'new' track in recent weeks titled Twilight and it's basically Break of Dawn but with different lyrics, verse melody and change to structure. however the same three chords running throughout, the chorus and the vocal style/arrangement are those heard on Mike's version.

i contacted him about it, and still awaiting a response.

30bpz5e.jpg

Dr. Freeze

Twilight

download
(MySpace rip)

Thanx arX. This is like Teddy taking Shout and redoing it for Guy. I hate it when they do this actually.

Thanx again man.

Interesting. I hear obviously the similarities in lyrics (it's about sex at night, lol) and also the chord progressions are the similar though only slightly different. Please post back here if you get a response from him! I'd like to know what he says.

i think the most blatant similarity for me is the how line "Is this the night we're making loooooooooove" is sung compared to Break of Dawn's "I don't want the sun to shine, I wanna make loooooooooove". especially the background vocals.

but yeah for sure i'll update this thread when he replies. he hasn't signed into the account for a couple of months, though.

Deffo BoD in there. Thanx for the link arX. Seems like he's still lobbying to work for MJ with his imitation vocals there. You can hear the Michaelesque (is that even a word?) in his voice.

lol @ Freeze as an 8 yr old singing!

omg what crap is this :S music is reallly bad srry about that!
i can hear indeed the break of dawn in it its basicly the same!

Its actually a nice track... If you ignore his voice.

Thanx arXter. I can't listen to the song now, but I know he's not a brilliant vocalist (reading what others said above) Well, I can understand why he did it. You worked with MJ on a song, then the song becomes your darling baby for the rest of your life:D

Back