Drake featuring Michael Jackson (TONIGHT)

USA chart depends heavily on radio airplay and streaming most likely will be top 5 since the song is being pushed to pop music stations.. Probably be a slow burner, but it's Drake so it's bound to chart high.

yes they are pushing it to all radio stations. This are the adds it got yesterday:

76 adds at Pop
16 at Hot AC
35 at Rhythmic
41 at Urban
16 at Urban AC

Now they just need a good video!

we have 14 months to get Michal a #1 hit before 2020.. if it doesn't happen it will be the first decade Michael did not have a #1 hit in over 5 decades

we have 14 months to get Michal a #1 hit before 2020.. if it doesn't happen it will be the first decade Michael did not have a #1 hit in over 5 decades

By number 1, which countries are you talking about? US? If yes, then Michael hasn't had a #1 hit in US since the 1990s.

Yes USA and UK, just not consecutive decades and this includes The Jackson 5 tenure.

Does anyone have statistics about how the song is doing?

It peaked at #1 in Sweden in July, where interestingly LNFSG only peaked #57 there

Unlikely the song will reach No.1 now. A song called MIA featuring Drake again is dominating the US charts and only got released Thursday.
Does anyone have statistics about how the song is doing?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The four biggest gainers (spins) on US Pop Radio today:<br><br>&#8226;Without Me (+290)<br>&#8226;Lost In Japan (+236)<br>&#8226;breathin (+207)<br>&#8226;Don&#8217;t Matter To Me (+174) <a href="https://t.co/kAhwQHznVi">pic.twitter.com/kAhwQHznVi</a></p>&mdash; Pop Crave (@PopCrave) <a href="https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1051956115955691531?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">15 October 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
This means that DMTM is finally getting some love? I wonder how it will perform the coming weeks

I read an article that 'they' (Not sure who) is trying to persuade a group of producers to make a music video.

The song will have been more promoted with a music video. It garnered some interest after it went into headlines after Scorpion was released.

Think the song is dead... Momentum is gone - it should have been the first single.

Think the song is dead... Momentum is gone - it should have been the first single.

The reason the song was doing reasonably well was because people were fascinated with the fact MJ was on the track and it got a lot of news coverage and plays because of that. It had some momentum but the song itself isn't particularly good and so when promotion went to In My Feelings they killed the track. It was never going to be possible to recapture the public's attention with DMTM as everybody has moved on. If DMTM had been released as the lead single with a video, and WITHOUT Drakes other tracks dropping at the same time it would have been #1.

But In My Feelings was a great track and rightly deserved its success. It's a better track the DMTM.

Don't Matter To Me was never a number one record. The mystique of Drake ft. MJ was the draw. The song isn't great. A lot of people were disappointed.

USA Singles Charts:

Hot R&B Songs
#12 Don't Matter To Me - Drake Featuring Michael Jackson

R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay
#43 New Don't Matter To Me

Mainstream Top 40
#31 (Hot Shot Debut) Don't Matter To Me

Top Rhythmic
#12 Don't Matter To Me

Adult R&B
#28 Don't Matter To M

Slow burner.

Pop Songs chart is irrelevant. People only focus on the Hot 100. Has it even made it onto that?

The chart isn't irrelevant as it reflects the pop radio airplay, which is where the song gets the bulk of its airplay right now. So it's a nice debut there.

We Have to Admit Drake Is &#8220;Beatles, Michael Jackson&#8221; Right Now, Too Short Says
&#8220;As a music artist, period, he is embedded in pop culture forever.&#8221;

Drake breaks records and makes hits, and according to Too Short, it's time we admit that as a music artist, he is on the level of Michael Jackson and The Beatles.

As the Bay Area legend mentioned in the first episode of his new Blow The Whistle Radio show, we cannot deny that Drake is brushing shoulders with the greats in real time.

&#8220;As a music artist, period, he is embedded in pop culture forever,&#8221; Too Short said. &#8220;He consistently makes hit records, so it is what it is. I mean, literally, he&#8217;s like [The] Beatles, Michael Jackson right now. We don&#8217;t want to admit it &#8216;cause it&#8217;s happening right now but you gonna ****in&#8217; have to admit it eventually&#8230; You gotta go Beatles, Michael Jackson, Drake&#8230; You gotta say it.&#8221;

This isn't a surprising statement for those following Billboard charts, as Drake has already outdone The Beatles in several feats. Last week, Drizzy broke the band&#8217;s record for most top 10 Hot 100 hits in a calendar year with 12 hits to his name in 2018. While some might consider Too Short&#8217;s comments inflammatory or unfounded, Drake's chart success proves their merit. Drake has already entered the pantheon of generationally influential artists. His peers regard him as an artist capable of breaking new acts and propelling the culture forward.

Whether or not Drake has classic albums is beside the point. Drake's influence and historic run of mainstream success are not only inextricable with modern-day hip-hop and R&B but all of popular music. Pressing play on any contemporary alternative R&B album will leave you with at least a few shades of Drake&#8217;s early work. At his core, Drake laid an impressive foundation for a genre of power-fantasy music that has both stolen and mended our sad boi hearts.

No, Drake did not invent emo rap, but he did set a precedent for the way mainstream hip-hop artists interrogate heartbreak. At times toxic and childish, this is the foundation of an undeniable subculture.

So, I guess, that&#8217;s pretty Michael Jackson of him.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.29%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nNrCqvIeBJ4?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

"You gotta go Beatles, Michael Jackson, Drake&#8230; You gotta say it." - You gotta be kidding. Wrong on soooo many levels. Laughable, if it weren't so insulting. Drake has no impact on culture. I just don't see it. And the writer's points are not convincing in the least. There is a difference between being hot right now (even if it's over several years) and having impact. Drake, as far as I can see it, is pretty insubstantial. There are no real stars today. Drake is mediocre and has no competition, because everyone out now is so blaaa. It takes no effort to be number one. The writer of this article is delusional and so are the artists who rap or sing the braindead generic sh*t and believe they have even an iota of the talent that MJ had. The disrespect is real. Obviously this is my opinion (some people need this disclaimer...)

Who's copying Drake's outfits like kids were wearing Thriller jackets in 1983?

Who's dancing like Drake in the streets like they were moonwalking and have been, since 1983?

What is Drake's trademark sound? What is Drake's trademark look? What is Drake's trademark song?!

I've seen the guy live but to even insinuate he is on the level of Michael Jackson or even below that, The Beatles, is laughable.

The reason the song was doing reasonably well was because people were fascinated with the fact MJ was on the track and it got a lot of news coverage and plays because of that. It had some momentum but the song itself isn't particularly good and so when promotion went to In My Feelings they killed the track. It was never going to be possible to recapture the public's attention with DMTM as everybody has moved on. If DMTM had been released as the lead single with a video, and WITHOUT Drakes other tracks dropping at the same time it would have been #1.

But In My Feelings was a great track and rightly deserved its success. It's a better track the DMTM.

Bang on, I agree with this analysis.

Who's copying Drake's outfits like kids were wearing Thriller jackets in 1983?Who's dancing like Drake in the streets like they were moonwalking and have been, since 1983?What is Drake's trademark sound? What is Drake's trademark look? What is Drake's trademark song?!I've seen the guy live but to even insinuate he is on the level of Michael Jackson or even below that, The Beatles, is laughable.
I get what you're saying and we agree but... why is there a need to say that? Is someone comparing drake to Michaels success here? I read your words but read alotno defensiveness as an mj fan.. which I get, I was like that for years but I'm telling you there is no need. We all know Michael is KING, and so does drake.

mj_brainiac;4233532 said:
When the album was released, the song DID chart at #9 on the Hot 100

I didn&#8217;t say it never charted on the Hot 100, you genius. It never charted *AGAIN* when the song was officially released as a single.

Back