Dutch & Belgian MJ fans

Re: Dutch MJ fans!

I'm going tomorrow, off to London! :punk:

To everyone who's going to the fanday,
see you there... I hope! :waving:
I don't actually know what you guys look like.. but oh, we'll see. :giggle:

have a safe trip!
:waving: Have a good flight! I hope I'll see you there! I'm thinking of wearing a badge with "MJJC" and my username. I'm sure the fanday will be great! :woohoo:

Guys, have a great great great time out there!!! :)

And about those people who hate(d) MJ.....
I always think it's stupid to say you hate an artist or band.
Especially such a great artist as Michael who had so much influence on the music industry.
You don't say: "I hate the Beatles" either.
If you say you like music, you just have to admit the talents of such artists.
For example........I do not really like Elvis. But I only say I don't like him and that's just my opinion. I will never say I hate the guy, 'cause that would emply that I don't acknowledge his talents and his influence on so many artits nowadays.
Just wanted to say....:)

And about the new TII-clips..........OMG!!!
I only watched the first two; the one where MJ is talking to Kenny about some stuff and the one about the technoligy behind the Billie Jean outfit.
I heard there were eight more or so, but I just wanna wait untill I have the actual DVD.
Else there's no surprise anymore.
But again..........OMG! The first clip made me feel so weird........
Seenig it made me happy at one point, but also very very very sad afterwards.
Why did this great person have to leave us?!

For the people who go to London, have fun!!

I saw one of the TII clips, but I don't want to see them all, I want to wait for the dvd.
And yes, it is a bit weird to watch it, with double feelings, but when I see him happy or smiling I feel happy too.

I don't want to see any of them just like you said it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Same with the Family Dynasty, in the USA they already have seen the end of it and some on facebook talk about it and here too.
It's hard to avoid it but I just don't want to know :)

I don't want to see any of them just like you said it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Same with the Family Dynasty, in the USA they already have seen the end of it and some on facebook talk about it and here too.
It's hard to avoid it but I just don't want to know :)

I know!
But it's just too much fun to wait till every fridaynight, haha!
So I won't spoil it!

Me too :) I really like it although it hasn't got a high viewer rating.

I was just imagining what it will be like in London I wish I could be there.

Ohh why didn't I spot this thread earlier! It's always cool to chat with other Dutchies.

Ohh I had a hard time during the family dynasty today. First because I remembered how I felt when I was following the red carpet live on stream and I nearly made me cry when I saw they had a very hard time keeping thier tears in:no:

Ohh and I also don't really get it that some people where first bashing and dishing Michael and now they are like Ohh I like him, he's such a good artist, i'm a fan since he died. Before the TII concerts I still got laughed at or people tried to be funny with lame jokes i heard a zillion times over the years when I told them I'm a fan. Now sometimes it seems normal coz all of a sudden everyone seems to be a fan or atleast admit he's an amazing artist.:blink:

Last edited:

Ohh I had a hard time during the family dynasty today. First because I remembered how I felt when I was following the red carpet live on stream and I nearly made me cry when I saw they had a very hard time keeping thier tears in:no:

Me too!!!
This episode was very emotional to watch.......
Especially the part where Tito sits in the lobby and tells Jackie how he feels about the movie and about Michael's life, made me cry..........
He was so right about everything!

The exhibition at the O2 has been extended for a month.

Still not sure if I'll make it there, but at least a little more time.

Everyone who is at there today, have fun!!

The exhibition at the O2 has been extended for a month.

Still not sure if I'll make it there, but at least a little more time.

Everyone who is at there today, have fun!!

I wish it will be still there in March, cause I'm planning to go to London then. But I don't think it will be extended for another month.

I think they should extend it to june for the tribute concert if that is still happening. I really want to see the exhibition but to go to London just to see that costs me to much money. I plan to go to the tribute concert if everything goes ok so then I could combine the two.

@ Charlotte the one Jermaine is planning ;) which would be in Vienna but now they are planning to do it in London.

@ Dudie nice to have you here :)
The episode of Family Dynasty yesterday made me cry it must have been so hard for them to go there, like they said a premiere has to be fun but this one wasn't.
I can totally understand why Tito turned around after the red carpet.

Yeah me too. I thought it was good of him to turn back and draw a line and not give in to the media and go watch it when you know you are not ready yet.

I gonna watch My name is Michael today and I wonder who goes through to the next round. Anyone planning on going to those tributes in the HMH?

Ohh why didn't I spot this thread earlier! It's always cool to chat with other Dutchies.

Ohh and I also don't really get it that some people where first bashing and dishing Michael and now they are like Ohh I like him, he's such a good artist, i'm a fan since he died. Before the TII concerts I still got laughed at or people tried to be funny with lame jokes i heard a zillion times over the years when I told them I'm a fan. Now sometimes it seems normal coz all of a sudden everyone seems to be a fan or atleast admit he's an amazing artist.:blink:

Well, I can sorta understand why people didn't really like him (or just weren't interested in him) before and changed their mind now. Before his death, all you heard were ridiculous stories about him and thank God the Dutch media was not nearly as horrible as in the UK/US, but still... Michael hadn't released anything for over a decade so the younger people didn't really know him for his music, just the crazy stories. Then when he died, they showed marathons of his videos on TMF/MTV, his songs were played everywhere, people were doing tributes (remember the Boris concert), and all these wonderful stories from people who knew him close came out. So basically, people got to know him for his music and great personality instead of his image as "***** *****". I don't mind this development at all. The more people learn to appreciate him, the better :) That's the only way his legacy will be kept alive. And it's not like there is such a clear division between "fans" and "haters". Everyone in my family supported MJ in the 2005 molestation trial but they're not all fans, even though they like him. Anyway, I think new fans should be encouraged and not be looked down upon by the older fans.

Well I'm against the fact that this is all planned by Albert Verlinde so I really don't know yet.
I didn't see 1 sec of the program until half hour ago.
My mom called me (she watches it every week) and she said you have to see the guy who is going to perform after the commercial break so I said ok...
And I watched him (the one with the make up singing don't stop 'til you get enough) and I really liked him!
The singing and moves were good IMO.

I'm just gonna wait and see who will be chosen to do the tribute shows and the amount it's gonna cost to see it.
Are you going?

Ohh that guy dressed up as Michael. He was good allthough he was better at the dancing then the singing. I saw him performing before at fandays if I'm not mistaken. It has been years since I last went to a fanday so I'm not totally sure.

I don't think I go to the tibrute . But if in the end I decide to go I just ask the tickets for my b-day(26th) and go the day after(27th):hysterical:

Well I'm against the fact that this is all planned by Albert Verlinde so I really don't know yet.
I didn't see 1 sec of the program until half hour ago.
My mom called me (she watches it every week) and she said you have to see the guy who is going to perform after the commercial break so I said ok...
And I watched him (the one with the make up singing don't stop 'til you get enough) and I really liked him!
The singing and moves were good IMO.

I'm just gonna wait and see who will be chosen to do the tribute shows and the amount it's gonna cost to see it.
Are you going?

What is wrong with Albert Verlinde? He's always full of praise for Michael on RTL Boulevard (the times I've seen it, I don't watch it everyday). But look at e.g. this, a Dutch dancer who was supposed to be on This Is It talks about his experiences with Michael (I guess we all know him ;)) and everyone, including Albert, is really positive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neHhppK9QK0

And also when Trijntje was on and they were talking about the Opus he was positive as well? I don't watch the show all the time though so I don't know everything that is said but come on, everyone made jokes about MJ (besides the fans of course) before he died and knowing Albert, he bitches about everyone lol. I don't think it's that serious. Unless he made allegations about MJ being a child molester or anything like that, that is unforgivable. But remarks about his appearance - everyone did that, doesn't necessarily make them a hater ;)

By the way, I watched My Name Is Michael for the first time today but I wasn't too impressed with the talent, to be honest....

. Anyway, I think new fans should be encouraged and not be looked down upon by the older fans.

I completely agree. There are so many youngsters who now became fans. They never heared his music untill now. The 10 year old daughter of a friend of mine only occasionaly heard his music when she played it. When all radio and tv played Michael's music for weeks she heared more and loved it.
I believe it is our job to welcome them and tell them the stories we know. Show them all the special footage and great songs that are there. Share your passion with them. It will keep Michael's legacy alive for many generations to come.

Back