Elvis Presley is the king of music?

I personally think that applying King or Queen to one artist is a bit silly. I enjoy many artists that I consider amazing and at the top of their game. One could argue that MJ transcends generations, but again this could be said about others such as The Beatles, Elvis, countless other artists I could mention. I just enjoy what I enjoy.

Last edited:
It's a very American trend actually, to escape European monarchy and instead crown kings of pop music singers

To be honest, the whole "King of pop" thing is really embarrassing. It made me cringe the first time I heard it. Just a load of nonsense. There are even some people who don't like MJ for being so arrogant.

Also, newsflash, people have different tastes. There is no such thing as king of music. The whole phrase does not mean anything. People like who they want to like. Some like Michael, some don't. Some like Elvis and some don't. It's just silly to keep inventing these titles.

It's a very American trend actually, to escape European monarchy and instead crown kings of pop music singers
James Brown didn't go for that. 😂 He's:

Godfather Of Soul
Minister Of The New New Super Heavy Funk
The Hardest Working Man In Show Business
The Original Disco Man
Soul Brother #1
Mr. Dynamite

Jackie Wilson - "Mr. Excitement"
Charlie Wilson - "Uncle Charlie"
Johnnie Taylor - "The Philosopher Of Soul"
Bruce Springsteen - "The Boss"
Al Jarreau - "Acrobat Of Scat"
The Beatles - "Fab 4", "The Mop Tops"
Rufus Thomas - "The World's Oldest Teenager" (American Bandstand host Dick Clark was also sometimes called this)
Mick Jagger & Keith Richards - "Glimmer Twins"
Little Richard - "Architect Of Rock & Roll"
David Lee Roth - "Diamond Dave"

James Brown didn't go for that. 😂 He's:

Godfather Of Soul
Minister Of The New New Super Heavy Funk
The Hardest Working Man In Show Business
The Original Disco Man
Soul Brother #1
Mr. Dynamite

Jackie Wilson - "Mr. Excitement"
Charlie Wilson - "Uncle Charlie"
Johnnie Taylor - "The Philosopher Of Soul"
Bruce Springsteen - "The Boss"
Al Jarreau - "Acrobat Of Scat"
The Beatles - "Fab 4", "The Mop Tops"
Rufus Thomas - "The World's Oldest Teenager" (American Bandstand host Dick Clark was also sometimes called this)
Mick Jagger & Keith Richards - "Glimmer Twins"
Little Richard - "Architect Of Rock & Roll"
David Lee Roth - "Diamond Dave"
Liz Taylor came up with King of Pop, Rock, and Soul, even though Elvis had the name similar to that a long time ago.

Back