Estate, Cascio and Porte Sued Over Three Songs on the "Michael" Album - Vera Senova Class Action

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

Such bullshit. I am ashamed to be associated with MJ fans.

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

Question:

Does she have to pay legal fees for (Sony + estate + Cascios) if she lose the case?

Of course. Still it's great advertisement for the law firm and the experts. Believe me it's a lot less money than many media outlets pay for their stories. Plus it also could be anyone who is against the estate behind it. I absolutely don't mind lawsuit. I always promoted that kind of lawsuit. However it's absolutely not the right time for it and IMO we as the fans of Michael Jackson's in general will be called as "delusional" in the end.

I'm extremely curious to see what finally comes out as the result of all this. They will have to deliver proof now, imo. Glad this finally happened. =)

You me now Cascio has to come with the proof is this Michael singing on these 3 tracks or is this all a fake?

Even if it was, she's provided proof, her vocal analysis which proved that it wasn't Michael singing.

Hmmmm, maybe it will be but right now that's a bit of a leap, we had experts on opposing side in the Murray trial - so it would be down to a jury to decide which one is more feasible. Do we know other than the tracks what this expert had to work on?

Yes I thouhgt @IvoDT means it this way.

Apologies, I thought they meant the estate.

You me now Cascio has to come with the proof is this Michael singing on these 3 tracks or is this all a fake?

Yeah, to counter the case, the Estate/Cascio's will have to show proof of why it IS Michael Jackson. I'm convinced they will have to do this if the case is taken serious!

Pretty sure Ivo did mean the Estate, again. Just clearing that up...And no we don't know what the expert had to work on other than the three tracks. We also don't know what the Estate had to work on with their supposed "forensic analysis" that proved it was Michael. But seeing as the guy she hired seems to be no amateur and very experienced in vocal analysis, I'm not going to assume he didn't take the proper steps needed to come to his conclusion.

Come on that not fair you don't mean that. It all for love and MJ fans need to know the true.

Because us fans have always known since the first song streamed that something was fishy about these tracks, you're ashamed of your association with MJ fans? I mean, you could always leave, you know, then you won't have to worry about your association with us MJ fans, who in your view, simply live and breathe to "hate on the Estate". Regardless of all the evidence we've gathered to support our view on this situation, we simply say these things, just because...SMH.

Is there such a thing as bad timing when it comes to exposing fraud?
Yes it is. And how you feel if it will be proved in the end it wasn't the fraud. Right now nobody has any proof for anything except Cascio and Porte. Until it will be proven that they committed the fraud it nothing else that some story to talk about at the time when more important things should be discussed ( like the end of the trial plus any good story about MJ during 5th "universary" of his death).

Pretty sure Ivo did mean the Estate, again. Just clearing that up...And no we don't know what the expert had to work on other than the three tracks. We also don't know what the Estate had to work on with their supposed "forensic analysis" that proved it was Michael. But seeing as the guy she hired seems to be no amateur and very experienced in vocal analysis, I'm not going to assume he didn't take the proper steps needed to come to his conclusion.

Oh well either way I think the person bringing the suit has to provide the evidence and the defence would need to disprove it.

Maybe I'm naive but I would have assumed when it came to the estate needing to obtain analysis they would have been provided with all the demos etc. I would have thought that the estate has everything in their possession anyway. Again maybe that's naivety on my part.

My only hope is that it doesn't damage the sales/publicity/fantastic album Xscape.

But hopefully this can finally be put to rest. I made the mistake of listening to Breaking News today - I've not listened to it for years. It still upsets me to this day...

She has provided evidence, the results of her forensic vocal analysis. It's now up to the Estate to dispute that, by providing evidence of their own. If the judge doesn't find the evidence suitable, it goes to trial, I assume. Then it's in the hands of the public, which by that point, I truly believe the Estate will have lost their case. Because solely from my experiences and some other stories posted on this forum and others, the public doesn't necessarily believe it's Michael anyway.

My only hope is that it doesn't damage the sales/publicity/fantastic album Xscape.

I just hope it won't distract the Estate's focus from the lot more important issue of WR/JS allegations. They need to focus on that more than anything.

Yes to this a thousand times!

Yes it is. And how you feel if it will be proved in the end it wasn't the fraud. Right now nobody has any proof for anything except Cascio and Porte. Until it will be proven that they committed the fraud it nothing else that some story to talk about at the time when more important things should be discussed ( like the end of the trial plus any good story about MJ during 5th "universary" of his death).

We have proof, YOU may not find it suitable, but all of us who believe so and have voiced our opinions on this forum have all put in the work and effort to gather everything we needed to, to reinforce our belief that it isn't Michael on these songs. Not proof but, we've got evidence. So, that isn't necessarily true. And most of us, simple fans have provided more "proofs" over the years that prove it isn't Michael, than Eddie or anyone else has in almost 5 years.

And in my view, this is a good story, finally the Estate and Eddie & Co will be forced to do something. Prove it's Michael or don't.

For years, these sorry, blatant rip-off's of previous Michael songs with a shitty voice has been credited to Michael Jackson. If it's revealed it isn't, then the Estate will have to remove those credits, and all will be right in the world again. Michael will never have these songs casting a shadow over his legacy.

I am not downing the Estate their have done a good job but why let this happen why liar to MJ fans we dersever the truth. Remember the interview Michael did with OW she was talking about the media how the tell liars. Do you think this is Cascio? The more often a person tell a liar the more time you hear a liar you begin to beliver if if is told often enough you start to beliver it. Does anybody think this is Cascio is he going to keep on saying that this is Michael on these tracks just a question that came to mine.

She has provided evidence, the results of her forensic vocal analysis. It's now up to the Estate to dispute that, by providing evidence of their own. If the judge doesn't find the evidence suitable, it goes to trial, I assume. Then it's in the hands of the public, which by that point, I truly believe the Estate will have lost their case. Because solely from my experiences and some other stories posted on this forum and others, the public doesn't necessarily believe it's Michael anyway.

You are right now the Estate has to come with their proof. Just like mention i hope this doesn't hurt the sales of Xscape it is doing so well everytime something good happen for MJ and his fans more negtive come in and take are glory away.

The biggest evidence is that the singer on the Cascio tracks sounds exactly like Jason Malachi. For example, listen to ''Monster'' and then listen to Jason Malachi's ''Let Me Let Go''. The vocals are identical

I am not downing the Estate their have done a good job but why let this happen why liar to MJ fans we dersever the truth. Remember the interview Michael did with OW she was talking about the media how the tell liars. Do you think this is Cascio? The more often a person tell a liar the more time you hear a liar you begin to beliver if if is told often enough you start to beliver it. Does anybody think this is Cascio is he going to keep on saying that this is Michael on these tracks just a question that came to mine.

How long you are on this board? It was the time when some fans were offering money to start this kind of lawsuit and they didn't get any support from fan community. Right now I bet it's nothing else than the way to "mess up" with anything good about MJ at that time. I don't mind to admit in the future that I was wrong about my "assessment" if I'm not right now.

I'm not a proponent of "false advertising" by any means, but I have become so weary of the amount of suing that goes on in the Michael Jackson world. I wish if possible another route could be taken.

I know fans want what is simply the fair and right thing, and I totally agree with that.

What if Cascio and the Estate can't prove that it is Michael singing on these track? Will the fans want a refund because we all felt it was all Michael until Cascio three tracks was heard.

How long you are on this board? It was the time when some fans were offering money to start this kind of lawsuit and they didn't get any support from fan community. Right now I bet it's nothing else than the way to "mess up" with anything good about MJ at that time. I don't mind to admit in the future that I was wrong about my "assessment" if I'm not right now.

Incorrect. No fan ever offered anyone money to start a lawsuit. What you're referring to is Damien Shields & The ATU team, which asked for funds from fans, to write a book disclosing all they know and gathered in regards to the Cascio situation. They didn't give enough funding, simple as that. They got support from the fan community as some of the fan community actually donated to their cause. Most of us thought the whole thing was vague and wouldn't be told anything new or given any information that we didn't already know, that's why it never reached its goal.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this. Let it go already

Having fake songs in Michael Jackson's discography is disgraceful, and it's something that we shouldn't just let go. Beatles fans wouldn't put up with that, Bob Marley fans wouldn't put up with that. Why should MJ fans be any different?

I came to this board in 2013 i might of miss this charge it to my head not my heart.

Having fake songs in Michael Jackson's discography is disgraceful, and it's something that we shouldn't just let go. Beatles fans wouldn't put up with that, Bob Marley fans wouldn't put up with that. Why should MJ fans be any different?

Because if we don't then we automatically derail all the good news and articles in regards to Xscape, don't cha know?

"As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.

After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael's vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.

Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.

Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years – Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley – were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.

Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.

These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.

The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.

Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael’s, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.

Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.

Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks – because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson."

To be honest, I rely more on people like Bruce Swedien, Teddy Riley and Greh Phillinganes over what appears to rabid MJ-fans. Just my opinion.

Ohhh, the infamous Estate statement from Howard Weitzman, surely we should just take their word for it right? Considering Bruce Swedien has never said ANYTHING in regards to see these songs, AT ALL. He's never even co-signed that statement by even stating he was there. Cory Rooney, says he was there, he says nobody was as unanimous as that statement implies, and that many of those same names, never said it was Michael. Why would he lie about that? Teddy Riley has since come out and implyed that he never wanted anything to do with the songs initially, but was just "waiting for a real Michael song", he's also said he's being used as a scapegoat.

So sorry, but contrary to your belief, it's more than just "rabid MJ-fans" who don't think these songs are Michael.

But hopefully this can finally be put to rest. I made the mistake of listening to Breaking News today - I've not listened to it for years. It still upsets me to this day...

I agree with you. I was playing my cd when a custmoer heard it and i told him we have one left and i told him he needing to get it and he did. I wish we had more to sale i would sell them as just like i did Michael when it first came out we had about 40 cds i sold them all. I stop listing to Michael along time ago it just does not feel right anymore.

Ohhh, the infamous Estate statement from Howard Weitzman, surely we should just take their word for it right? Considering Bruce Swedien has never said ANYTHING in regards to see these songs, AT ALL. He's never even co-signed that statement by even stating he was there. Cory Rooney, says he was there, he says nobody was as unanimous as that statement implies, and that many of those same names, never said it was Michael. Why would he lie about that? Teddy Riley has since come out and implyed that he never wanted anything to do with the songs initially, but was just "waiting for a real Michael song", he's also said he's being used as a scapegoat.

So sorry, but contrary to your belief, it's more than just "rabid MJ-fans" who don't think these songs are Michael.

Again it is not the right time for the lawsuit. Could be filed earlier or later. Consequences regarding the timing may not be nice at all for any fan.

So if they win the estate pay the damages ie mjs kids pay?

Back