Estate, Cascio and Porte Sued Over Three Songs on the "Michael" Album - Vera Senova Class Action

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

This is very immature excuse.

Naw, what's immature (not to mention offensive) is equating fellow fans with malicious and ignorant MJ haters. It's the MJ fan world's equivalent of pulling a Godwin.

Re: Estate, Cascio & Porte sued - Forensic Analysis says MJ is NOT singing the 3 songs on "MICHAEL"

you gotta be kidding me.

You kinda forget the fact MJ fans made their OWN judgement on what sounds like Michael Jackson and what doesn't sound like him - what they heard with their OWN ears. They did not take some scumbags' words - someone they do not know - on a case they are completely clueless about.
You also forget nobody here wants to see Mr Cascio rots in jail while his name is dragged in the mud for over a decade.

STOP degrading what happened to Michael by comparing it to such tiny cases when fans simply do not like something someone has done.

Please read carefully what I wrote. I don't say anything in my statement about Michael's prosecutors. I call you and some others a hypocrites for a reason. Because you don't mind to accuse the other person of crime and use the speculations to confirm your believes. At the same time you complain about the other internet users for doing the same to Michael. Or maybe you are fine about many other people on internet calling him a child molester. It doesn't matter which crime is more serious. Being accused of any crime is an offense when is not proven.

Please read carefully what I wrote. I don't say anything in my statement about Michael's prosecutors. I call you and some others a hypocrites for a reason. Because you don't mind to accuse the other person of crime and use the speculations to confirm your believes. At the same time you complain about the other internet users for doing the same to Michael. Or maybe you are fine about many other people on internet calling him a child molester. It doesn't matter which crime is more serious. Being accused of any crime is an offense when is not proven.

Actually no. It was YOU and a handful of others who were complaining about the Cascios and co being compared to the likes of Wade Robson and others. Yet its okay for you to compare us to Nancy Grace and Diane Dimond simply because we choose to recognize the fact that there isnt any evidence to support the vocals on these songs be Michael's. Lol..

Fact is, we have a lot more "proofs" to support our viewpoint. We've done the research, where's yours at? I'll wait...Lol.

Last edited:

See this is what makes you look like a moron, you do absolutely NO RESEARCH on anything and just come along and try to blatantly bait people, this isn't a discussion of any sorts, its not a debate with you. Hows this for you?

NO ONE had 100% proof either way that Michael did or didn't do what Sneddon was saying he did. You know how the case was won? By research, evidence gathering and testimony. This is exactly what the people you are quoting have done and exactly what you have not done and this is exactly why "MJ Haters" hate and call MJ these names because they have done NO RESEARCH, they just run with whatever is best for them, now you tell me who sounds more like the "MJ Haters" you like to speak of?

With this case NO ONE will have 100% proof MJ ever sung those songs, but what will win it will be Research, evidence gathering and testimony. None of this has been presented at any oppurtunity from either Cascio, Porte, Sony or the Estate in an open manner.

I strongly suggest you stop comparing members here to the sorts of people who dub MJ a "Pedofile" or "Child Molester". you have been here for a Month, alot of members here have been here almost a decade and lived the 2005 trial and have had to put up with their idol being dragged through the mud for most their lives. We are only doing what we think best, on a MICHAEL JACKSON fan forum, not outside in the media, we are not shouting it from the rooftops, we are not invading Eddies life or Porte life, this case is going through the correct channels and we are just discussing it here.

If what us so called "Cascio haters" are doing is what we truly believe in as seeing there is no 100% proof either way then its fair game, Eddie had his chance to present proof, he didn't, he is open for criticism.

Now can we stop talking about that damn 2005 court case and just discuss this case please.

^^Look who is using an insulting word above. No one looks like a moron here, just people with different opinions or some who don't understand certain statements clearly.

I don't know what is going on in the forum. Why are so many people misinterpreting or misunderstanding what someone says? It is getting ridiculous now. Wars is not comparing what happened to Michael to this case. The poster is saying that the behavior is the same. The poster is saying that the same way the people made up their minds that Michael is a P without looking at the proof or waiting for the case to be tried in court, is the same way some here are rushing to a decision about Cascio being guilty and calling certain people names without waiting for that proof from court. That is all the person is saying. The person is not saying that what happened to Michael is the same as what happened to Cascio in this situation.

I think some are reading the posts with a bias in their minds, so they misinterpret what is being said. Then, when someone misinterprets people give them thanks, so it means the people who gave the thanks mis-understood too. I think we should step back and really read each other's posts with a cooler head.

*sigh* Can we all just get along?

Suddenly, the fun, exciting Xscape thread is now empty and everyone is in here bickering.

Michael would be ashamed!

There are very valid questions over these tracks. One fan has decided to do something about it. Good for her! But let's not damage Michael's reputation with a fan war over these songs or anything else for that matter... Just as everyone is finally appreciating Michael's music again, let's not blow it.

Please all try and get along. L.O.V.E. is the most important thing.

You are so right on this we need to get Xscape to the top and keep it there that should be our goal.

^^Look who is using an insulting word above. No one looks like a moron here, just people with different opinions or some who don't understand certain statements clearly.

I don't know what is going on in the forum. Why are so many people misinterpreting or misunderstanding what someone says? It is getting ridiculous now. Wars is not comparing what happened to Michael to this case. The poster is saying that the behavior is the same. The poster is saying that the same way the people made up their minds that Michael is a P without looking at the proof or waiting for the case to be tried in court, is the same way some here are rushing to a decision about Cascio being guilty and calling certain people names without waiting for that proof from court. That is all the person is saying. The person is not saying that what happened to Michael is the same as what happened to Cascio in this situation.

I think some are reading the posts with a bias in their minds, so they misinterpret what is being said. Then, when someone misinterprets people give them thanks, so it means the people who gave the thanks mis-understood too. I think we should step back and really read each other's posts with a cooler head.

In what way did I imply anything other than "Behavior" thats quite clear but this isn't the first time this user has used "MJ Haters" and the 2005 trials to compare fans to, it also seems to have upset quite a few members here, there are plenty of ways of describing someones behavior without possibly using the worst way for an MJ fan around the anniversary of the trial, and if you have been reading people are coming to conclusions on the evidence we have, thats human nature.

And talking about taking stuff literally, I was saying how those types of posts make them look like a moron, there are tons and tons of times the guy has been proven wrong in this thread but just ignores it and carries on posting the same stuff over and over again.

The heads are cool, its just people who come in accusing people of this behavior really should do their research first.

See this is what makes you look like a moron, you do absolutely NO RESEARCH on anything and just come along and try to blatantly bait people, this isn't a discussion of any sorts, its not a debate with you. Hows this for you?

NO ONE had 100% proof either way that Michael did or didn't do what Sneddon was saying he did. You know how the case was won? By research, evidence gathering and testimony. This is exactly what the people you are quoting have done and exactly what you have not done and this is exactly why "MJ Haters" hate and call MJ these names because they have done NO RESEARCH, they just run with whatever is best for them, now you tell me who sounds more like the "MJ Haters" you like to speak of?

With this case NO ONE will have 100% proof MJ ever sung those songs, but what will win it will be Research, evidence gathering and testimony. None of this has been presented at any oppurtunity from either Cascio, Porte, Sony or the Estate in an open manner.

I strongly suggest you stop comparing members here to the sorts of people who dub MJ a "Pedofile" or "Child Molester". you have been here for a Month, alot of members here have been here almost a decade and lived the 2005 trial and have had to put up with their idol being dragged through the mud for most their lives. We are only doing what we think best, on a MICHAEL JACKSON fan forum, not outside in the media, we are not shouting it from the rooftops, we are not invading Eddies life or Porte life, this case is going through the correct channels and we are just discussing it here.

If what us so called "Cascio haters" are doing is what we truly believe in as seeing there is no 100% proof either way then its fair game, Eddie had his chance to present proof, he didn't, he is open for criticism.

Now can we stop talking about that damn 2005 court case and just discuss this case please.

I know your every word and all your history on this forum. And don't try to minimize your unproven accusations and nasty offenses toward some individuals. I'm kind of surprised that you still don't see anything wrong with all your acts. Anyway as Michael's fan I really didn't expect THAT kind of hypocrisy among his fans. After what I'm reading here I'm almost loosing an interest for fighting with Michael's detractors on other forums. In the end they have the right for their opinions the same way as you and your supporters. I just hate a hypocrisy and was thinking that Michael's fans would try to act differently toward "unproven criminal" than people who don't care about MJ's innocence.

I know your every word and all your history on this forum. And don't try to minimize your unproven accusations and nasty offenses toward some individuals. I'm kind of surprised that you still don't see anything wrong with all your acts. Anyway as Michael's fan I really didn't expect THAT kind of hypocrisy among his fans. After what I'm reading here I'm almost loosing an interest for fighting with Michael's detractors on other forums. In the end they have the right for their opinions the same way as you and your supporters. I just hate a hypocrisy and was thinking that Michael's fans would try to act differently toward "unproven criminal" than people who don't care about MJ's innocence.

You know what? This all stems from you not having a single shred of evidence or research for your opinion, hence why you choose to call those who have "Hypocrites" and whatever else you imply, we have a sh*t load of evidence, infact a whole books worth, you might get to hear some of the newer stuff if this goes to trial. Infact time and time again when you try to put something on the table its proven wrong, or made to sound so illogical is hilarious, yet you call us the illogical ones for presenting actual research and study? So once again as so many have said before, this is a forum, its your turn to show us how Eddie Cascio recorded 12 Songs with Michael jackson in 2007, because this is a forum, its about opinions, if you want to judge others opinions be prepared to have your own judged.

After what I'm reading here I'm almost loosing an interest for fighting with Michael's detractors on other forums.

^^ Don't do that. You can't let something in one thread or forum prevent you from fighting for the truth about anyone. If you have the fortitude to do good work then do it, and do not let negative behavior prevent you from doing that.

On another note, I sent out a few tweets to people involved in the songs (also Jason Malachi just incase xD) Stuart Brawley never replied but an interesting one from Drew Harris.

Seems strange, I don't know of another Drew who worked on these songs before Sony got them :/

It's funny that anybody can act like 12 audio recording are not strong evidence. I understand that some people have trouble discerning between Michael's voice and the voice on the Cascio tracks. That's unfortunate for them. For dare I say most people, it isn't hard to tell the difference. That's just a fact of not every human being having the exact same capabilities which is a fact of life. And no it doesn't make those people inferior as human beings. For the people that can discern the difference, but think studio trickery or processing could be the reason... those people simply don't have the technical knowledge, practical experience or research to know that that is not the case with these 12 tracks. That doesn't leave too many other options other than the obvious.

Except we've done tons of research to back up or opinions. Therefore with everything we've discovered in regards to these songs supports our viewpoint. Therefore Eddie & Co. is fair game. Yet you keep attempting to disregard that fact and continue preaching BS, as if we're just saying these things for no reason, and simply have nothing to go on
That's your problem, you keep going on and on as if we have nothing to go buy and are simply saying these things out our ass, and comparing us to people who never had any proof that Michael harmed children. Do some research to back up your viewpoint on the voice on these records being Michael. Yet you ignore this request all in the time in favor of spewing unfounded stuff, and calling people haters.

Last edited:

"raking in money for two men"? For who?

The two Johns. The very same people he accuses of having lied to the world in the official statement from 2010.

Birchey;4021850 said:
On another note, I sent out a few tweets to people involved in the songs (also Jason Malachi just incase xD) Stuart Brawley never replied but an interesting one from Drew Harris.

Seems strange, I don't know of another Drew who worked on these songs before Sony got them :/

Birchey, what's your theory on Stewart Brawley's involvement?

This is a question I've asked on another forum : does anyone remember who the source was for the Breaking News acapella that was leaked shortly after the song itself?

This is a question I've asked on another forum : does anyone remember who the source was for the Breaking News acapella that was leaked shortly after the song itself?
I'm not sure, but I do know that acapella when compared with Jason Malachi acapellas was extremely damning.

No dude, you're wrong. Simple as that. WBSS 2008 contains newly recorded vocals by Michael from 07. It isn't an alternate take from an 80s demo, thats simply, factually incorrect. End of it. None of it has to do with "looking for excuses or having a hard time hearing", they were vocals recorded in 2007, thats just the fact of it. Nothing else.

And I dont recall seeing anyone say he sounded the same on those three songs. Which actually being said is that he sounded younger on those two songs, and they arent from the 80s. So him sounding younger on WBSS 2008, doesnt mean it was recorded in the 80's. Because it simply wasn't.

And had you actually researched this specific song on this very forum, you would've found this, which was posted on the official Michael Jackson website during its release...

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 is a new track produced by Akon and Michael, featuring Akon's vocal and a brand new 2008 Michael Jackson vocal track. Not a remix but a new version of this classic!Epic/Legacy Recordings proudly celebrates the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller, the world's biggest-selling album of all time, with a newly expanded deluxe edition of the phenomenal record-breaking pop culture touchstone, available on Tuesday, February 12. The Thriller - 25th Anniversary Edition will include the original album in its entirety as well as six tracks previously unreleased in any form: a new Kanye West remix of "Billie Jean"; will.i.am remixes of "The Girl is Mine" and "P.Y.T."; Fergie's version of "Beat It"; "For All Time," a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions, newly mixed and mastered by Michael Jackson: and the first single, a new 2008 version of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" with Akon and will.i.am.

Thank you very much.

You do know the difference between PR and actual facts, do you?
That PR text you copied there, has several obvious flaws... such as For All Time being "a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions", Will.I.Am's involvement with WBSS 2008 or Michael having "mixed and mastered" a song himself. So why should it be trusted on anything?

Unless you witnessed production of WBSS 2008 first hand all you have is your ears, some hear-say and your opinion you generate from that. Just like everyone else.

"Fact" is only that they sold it as something new. And it's obvious that truth isn't the highest priority in this business.

So keep your mind and ears open!

Last edited:
I reviewed the document. Two observations:

The class action would only apply to purchasers of the Michael cd in California, U.S. who purchased the cd during June 2011-June 2014.

Of the 2.5M or so who purchased the Michael cd worldwide, how many purchasers would this apply to? I am excluded as I did not purchase the cd in California, U.S. and I purchased it December 2010 when it was released. The class is narrow and the three year subclass is narrower. Why?

Regarding the legal remedies being sought, it is basically reimbursement of court costs and such, monies for the class, and the defendants would not be allowed to continue to sell the Cascio tracks.

Provided this goes to trial and results in a favorable verdict, it will not be mandatory that any defendant issue a public apology and these songs can still remain in Michael’s catalog, just not sold. Michael is not the victor. What is the true purpose of this lawsuit?

Suspicions and/or distaste for the Jackson family and/or the Estate possibly being overthrown is not an appropriate response here. Estate/Sony was not included in the fraud claim despite their participation so they have been spared. If this is not about Michael being vindicated for the duplicity that was allowed to happen by the gatekeepers of his musical legacy after his passing then what is truly being gained here? The gatekeepers will barely receive a slap on the wrists.

Again, provided a judge allows this to go to trial and defines the class and subclass (as per above), the defendants will most likely settle as the settlement monies are far less than the monies needed to go to trial and a settlement is not an admittance of wrongdoing by any of the defendants.

This could easily be a sort of set-up to silence the issue once and for all in the fan community with little accountability from the defendants in any given scenario.

Last edited:

It was exactly Michael's situation until the last day of the trial. And even after the verdict many call him
"guilty" one. I suspect that some of MJ's fans would not care about the verdict in Cascio's case too. I don't see any difference in their approach to this case and MJ's haters to child molestation case. You act absolutely the same and you should be ashamed. It's very embarrassing for MJ's fan community.
So what you gonna do now? Fight this whole community? Because there are a lot of accusations going on in here without any proof...:blink:

I reviewed the document. Two observations:

if I might try

The class action would only apply to purchasers of the Michael cd in California, U.S. who purchased the cd during June 2011-June 2014.

Of the 2.5M or so who purchased the Michael cd worldwide, how many purchasers would this apply to? I am excluded as I did not purchase the cd in California, U.S. and I purchased it December 2010 when it was released. The class is narrow and the three year subclass is narrower. Why?

the plaintiff/ fan is resident of California - hence lawsuit being filed in CA. Statue of limitations for fraud is 3 years in some states which includes CA (could be longer in some states). So that's in my opinion explains the time limit and narrow subclass on the complaint.

However such lawsuits can be a precedent for other states and if there's any settlement it can be done in a way to include anyone who made the purchase. Imagine it like Sony/ Estate offering refund/rebate to the purchasers who can show proof of purchase. Obviously it would remain limited to US purchasers - which according to what MJ Online Team told me last was around 600,000 copies.

For example Milli Vanilli/ Arista had been sued multiple (27) times across multiple states, some lawsuits were rejected as class actions, some were dismissed and one lawsuit ended in a settlement which basically meant refunds to anyone - in USA- that purchased the album/single or attended a concert.

Regarding the legal remedies being sought, it is basically reimbursement of court costs and such, monies for the class, and the defendants would not be allowed to continue to sell the Cascio tracks.

pretty much yes, plus possible punitive damages from Cascio and Porte only

Again, provided a judge allows this to go to trial and defines the class and subclass (as per above), the defendants will most likely settle as the settlement monies are far less than the monies needed to go to trial and a settlement is not an admittance of wrongdoing by any of the defendants.

Some of you might remember that I did also mentioned possibility of settlement - which just by mathematical calculation is that a rebate/refund offer is probably cheaper than to go to a trial that would take years. Only 5-25% of the people actually ask for refunds / rebates. In Milli Vanilli example the people asked for refunds was below 5% - which can be explained by the refund amounts being quite low $3, $2, $1 and $2.5 depending on the item and most probably mailing proof of purchase was costly when compared to what people would get.

With the highest estimate: 25% of 600,000 is 150,000 copies. Cost of 3 songs is $3.87 rounding it up to $4 it would make it around $600,000. If only 5% asks for refunds then this number would be $120,000. So yeah I do see a "we accept no wrongdoing but if you aren't happy with the songs we'll refund you your money no problem" type of offer pretty likely.

I have to note that there's also punitive damages being asked from Cascio - Porte only for fraud claim. Such punitive damages is normally 3 to 10 times of damages - with 3 times is most commonly used. So that might mean $12 for punitive damages (per person) from Cascio / Porte if this goes to trial and is won. In a settlement no one would offer or pay any punitive damages.

What is the true purpose of this lawsuit?

I'm going to speculate and say that the purpose is actually the discovery phase and not the money - I can't see $4 to $16 being a motivation for anyone. Some might argue it is to make sure these songs aren't used as well - but that was already promised by Executors multiple times so I don't think that warrants a lawsuit. milli Vanilli lawsuit / settlement also include MV albums deleted from the catalog so these songs removal from MJ's catalog could be a purpose as well. The discovery phase equals = Getting to see the reported expert reports, listening to raw demos, deposing people and so on. So again I think that's the purpose. We'll have to wait and see if it would come to that and even if such discovery could be shared with the rest of the fans or if it'll be protected and sealed.

note edited to add: although I used Milli Vanilli as an example of a class action lawsuit, it's important to remember in that case the lack of authenticity was already proven / admitted by the parties involved. So that was easier lawsuit as it only was about if people can get damages and how much. This case/lawsuit would be harder as it would involve convincing judge / jury of a authenticity problem to start with.

Last edited:

The two Johns. The very same people he accuses of having lied to the world in the official statement from 2010.

He wrote one of the most amazing songs that Michael recorded. He wants the world to hear that masterpiece. It's not about the money for him at all. But if it was about the money, first it would be money for him, then money for Michael Jackson's 3 children, Michael Jackson's mother, various charities and then a small fraction of it (I think 5% to each) goes to executors for their hard word. I don't see a problem with that and I'm sure Cory doesn't see a problem with that either. Also McClain is a good guy here, you can see that his name is not in this lawsuit.

The a cappella was originally uploaded by someone on YouTube called TheShadowForMJ. This person claims to have received the audio file from a "very close friend" within Sony. Here's an old MJJC post about the leak:

[quote="jemini515" on November 9, 2010]The uploader of the REAL a cappella, "TheShadowForMJ", joined YT today and only posted this vid. In the comments section of another a cappella video, this user seems to respond to someone's inquiry about where he got it with: "@Louix94 A very close friend at Sony that cares about Michael"

Amazing if leaks like this really come out of the woodwork so the truth can come out![/quote]

Last edited:

Nah whats gonna win this case the lack of proof by the accused.

isnt it on the plantifis to prove their case. the defence dont really have to prove anything. if u sue someone and say the songs are fake then its upto u to prove they are fake to win your case. thats how the law works.

You do know the difference between PR and actual facts, do you?
That PR text you copied there, has several obvious flaws... such as For All Time being "a rare unreleased cut from the original Thriller recording sessions", Will.I.Am's involvement with WBSS 2008 or Michael having "mixed and mastered" a song himself. So why should it be trusted on anything?

Unless you witnessed production of WBSS 2008 first hand all you have is your ears, some hear-say and your opinion you generate from that. Just like everyone else.

"Fact" is only that they sold it as something new. And it's obvious that truth isn't the highest priority in this business.

So keep your mind and ears open!

Haha..yea okay dude, just disregard the facts ad go on with your "your ears aren't working" theory. They're new vocals, and there aren't any known WBSS outtakes from the 80s in which Michael sounds like that.

Pretty obvious some people just cant stand to face when they've been proven wrong. Oh well...

LOL, are you guys still going on about whether WBSS 08 vocals are new or old 80s vocals?

Hahaha! If you ask me: IF you can't tell that WBSS 08 vocals are new vocals, your opinion on the Cascio songs means zero, becasue you clearly do not know MJ's voice that good to have a respectable opinion on the matter.

Harsh, yup.

isnt it on the plantifis to prove their case. the defence dont really have to prove anything. if u sue someone and say the songs are fake then its upto u to prove they are fake to win your case. thats how the law works.

And where'd I say otherwise? I didn't. You're assuming this person has nothing to prove their case. Once she uses whatever "evidence" she has in court, it's then up to the defendants to disprove her by presenting their own "evidence". Thats the way the law works.

Birchey, what's your theory on Stewart Brawley's involvement?

Well Brawley was working on the songs in at least January 2010, in his own words "It was my job to make Michael sound like Michael", he worked as part of Angelikson and not Sony, the same goes for Drew Harris, yet theres some denial from Harris' part about some mixes produced, unless the mixes for KYHU and Stay called "DREW MIX V1" were someone elses mixes, but its highly unlikely.

Back