Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Not only doesn't look like him or sound like him not only he is lightyears away from MJ's personality but looks like Navy is just another idiot perpetuating the myth that MJ was on painkillers after the Pepsi burn. Thank you asshole, that's what we all needed.

https://twitter.com/cheddar/status/867795233253150720

And this is from the self proclaimed number one MJ impersonator. He can't get even this basic fact right.
MJ did not have any issues with drugs before the 1993 March scalp surgery . There is not a shred of evidence
that he was "on painkillers" because of the Pepsi burn.
then he mixes up propofol with the whole painkiller issue like they are somehow connected. They are not.
MJ had chronic insomnia which had nothing to do with painkillers
His system had no painkillers at all when he died.
Then he said they gave propofol to MJ six times a day. What?
Clearly this guy is talking out of his ass.

There is also no proof that MJ was addicted to painkillers in 2009 at all.

If he had been he would have taken opiods on his own instead of going to Klein for an amount
of demerol that even according ot Murray's own expert witness was simply not enough to support
addiction.

And even that started only in apr 2009. If he had been addicted we would see him taking opiods in Jan Feb March too
and of course in 2008 2007 2006. Every day. Not just here and there. And we would have seen some kidney damage as a result.
But there is not a word about such damage in the autopsy report.

Patrick Treacy said while he was in Ireland he was not addicted to anything. When he was with the Cascios in 2007 for months
he was not addicted to anything. They saw absolutely no sign of drugs at all.
So how does MJ's addiction works? It comes and goes without any serious withdrawal symptoms and without rehab?

Last edited:
I agree that if that's the scenario they're going to show in the movie, I'll be unhappy because I violently disagree with these drug addition theories dating back to Pepsi.

I know there were issues with it after the scalp surgery and he overused it bc the allegations hit. He licked that.
I know something was going on during the history tour and his lupus went into overdrive, Metzger traveled with him and he used propofol a few times.
And something definitely was going on during the MSG show. Again maybe caused by lupus and stress. He obviously had some kind of reparative surgery that affected his mouth so maybe he was on painkillers. Maybe he was drinking.

But that's it. I didn't see or hear anything that Klein did wrong or Michael was in anyway addicted to anything. This story is s myth that is also perpetuated by some fans.

Honestly, Wylie Draper and Jason Weaver didn't look like him either but they captured the essence of Michael.
Flex (ugh) didn't look, sound or get him right at all.
All I hope is that Navi acts well enough to capture Michael's essence and personality.

I agree that if that's the scenario they're going to show in the movie, I'll be unhappy because I violently disagree with these drug addition theories dating back to Pepsi.

They just don't realize how ridiculous it is that somehow MJ between 1984 and 1993 could
have kept any habitual drug use secret. This is the period of time when he was most famous.
He had three giant tours. People were constantly around him including his family between 1983 and 1988
before he left for Neverland.

And absolutely nobody not even the worst tabloid hacks said that MJ used drugs before 1993.

As for the 1993 events he sure didn't have a a very serious problem because he recovered quickly and easily.
Serious opiod addicts have horrible withdrawal symptoms not just insomnia.
There is this report about his time in rehab and other than inability to sleep this guy didn't see
anything :
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/michael-jackson/articles/110337/title/michael-rehab-93

Klein said that after the rehab in the UK MJ stopped taking drugs altogether.
Lisa Marie said she saw no sign of drugs at all, either. Then she said the HBO incident made her think
that MJ was taking drugs. Problem is the very doctor who treated him stated hat no drugs were found in his system at all.
So Lisa was dead wrong.

One of the most common fallacies regarding drugs is if someone looks drugged up he must be an addict.
Baloney. If you take narcotic painkillers they can make you look like you are out of it.
That doesn't mean you are taking opiods every day , that you are addicted to them.

Navy should shut up about MJ's medical history unless he actually knows it. Which clearly he does not.

Honestly, Wylie Draper and Jason Weaver didn't look like him either but they captured the essence of Michael.

Except Draper never smiled. He looked kinda mad all the time. Which is clearly not MJ's personality. MJ without smiling is no MJ.

Last edited:
They just don't realize how ridiculous it is that somehow MJ between 1984 and 1993 could
have kept any habitual drug use secret. This is the period of time when he was most famous.
He had three giant tours. People were constantly around him including his family between 1983 and 1988

And absolutely nobody not even the worst tabloid hacks said that MJ used drugs before 1993.

As for the 1993 events he sure didn't have a a very serious problem because he recovered quickly and easily.
There is this report about his time in rehab and other than inability to sleep this guy didn't see
anything :
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/michael-jackson/articles/110337/title/michael-rehab-93

Lisa Marie said she saw no sign of drugs at all, either. Then she said the HBO incident made her think
that MJ was taking drugs. Problem is the very doctor who treated him stated hat no drugs were found in his system at all.
So Lisa was dead wrong.

One of the most common fallacy is that if someone looks drugged up he must be an addict.
Baloney. If you take painkillers the side effects can make you look like you are out of it.
That doesn't mean you are taking opiods every day , that you are addicted to them.
I've never used drugs in my life but if I took some demerol to suppress severe pain today most likely I wouldn't
be my real self.

Navy should shut up about MJ's medical history unless he actually knows it. Which clearly he does not.

Except Draper never smiled. He looked kinda mad all the time. Which is clearly not MJ's personality. MJ without smiling is no MJ.

the story about Michael Jackson starting to use painkillers because of the 84 Pepsi wasn't hatched until after 6/25/2009...there was zero mention of anything liking painkillers to that accident because......................................................It's not true....

I was a teenager when he suffered that accident and I remember it like yesterday........

during his time of recovery, his primary surgeon issued a statement to the media that Michael did not want to rely on any type of painkilling substance to heal from the surgery he had, which entailed skin grafts to cover the area primarily on the back of his head that no longer was able to regenerate hair growth, which is probably a major reason why he started sporting ponytails during the BAD years.....

after that skin graft procedure, he healed so fast, he was able to attend the Grammy Awards and by the time the Victory Tour started that summer, that accident became an afterthought

anything :

So Lisa was dead wrong.

One of the most common fallacies regarding drugs is if someone looks drugged up he must be an addict.
Baloney. If you take narcotic painkillers they can make you look like you are out of it.

Wylie Draper look just like the young MIchael Jackson....especially that scene where they are praticing their routine for Dancing Machine and performing Never Can Say Goodbye........and that scene where he is talking with Jermaine at CBS studios about them wanting to sign with Epic Records...

Flex (ugh) didn't look, sound or get him right at all.
All I hope is that Navi acts well enough to capture Michael's essence and personality.

I'd have to disagree with you here. I believe they both looked like him and different stages of his life.

Bringing Brighter Days;4195465 said:
Wylie Draper look just like the young MIchael Jackson...

I wouldn't say he looks jut like him, because nobody looks like MJ. MJ had a totally unique eyes and smile combination
only his son Bigi has similar eyes. We know it's MJ just by seeing his eyes. But Draper would have been OK if his personality had
not been so off. MJ had a free spirit and smiled and laughed a lot. And Draper looked like he was perpetually pissed of.

Anyway, Lifetime published this Zack O’Malley Greenburg article , one of the very few journalists who actually respects MJ
It's quite nice actually

The Untold Story of Michael Jackson’s Devotion to His Children

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/mi...-of-michael-jacksons-devotion-to-his-children

Looks like they will air two specials later on

Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Icon

This one-hour special will include exclusive conversations with Michael's family and friends regarding the final months leading up to his death.
http://www.mylifetime.com/specials/michael-jackson-the-ultimate-icon

Biography Presents: Michael Jackson

This one-hour Biography special will focus on the story of Michael Jackson with a particular spotlight on his final days. Contains interviews with his former bodyguards Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, as well as those closest to Michael.

http://www.mylifetime.com/specials/biography-presents-michael-jackson

Wylie Draper look just like the young MIchael Jackson....especially that scene where they are praticing their routine for Dancing Machine and performing Never Can Say Goodbye........and that scene where he is talking with Jermaine at CBS studios about them wanting to sign with Epic Records...

I wouldn't say he looks jut like him, because nobody looks like MJ. MJ had a totally unique eyes and smile combination
only his son Bigi has similar eyes. We know it's MJ just by seeing his eyes. But Draper would have been OK if his personality had
not been so off. MJ had a free spirit and smiled and laughed a lot. And Draper looked like he was perpetually pissed of.
Yes, I wouldn't say Wylie looks just like Michael, but he did come with big soulful eyes, and they did a great job of making him look like him. And about the smiling-
think about the scenes-Jason Weaver as Michael smiled constantly. Wylie as the late teen, young adult Michael was going through all sorts of anquish and trauma-his skin problems, their popularity going down, the change to Epic and the group splitting up, the pain he felt when his father cheated on his mother,Motown 25 (first time I personally hadn't seen him smile and his intensity literally freaked me out and sent electric shocks through my body), the resignation of joining the Victory Tour for the good of the family.

Most of those scenes weren't super HAPPY scenes, I'd say-mostly shows the internal turmoil he was going through-Wylie didn't look pissed off, he showed that Michael was an extremely sensitive person that took things hard, he looked like he was worried, sad and felt things very deeply.

And most of that was lifted straight from Moonwalk and the interviews with Hilburn.

Most of those scenes weren't super HAPPY scenes, I'd say-mostly shows the internal turmoil he was going through-Wylie didn't look pissed off,

Looks pretty pissed off to me. He absolutely doesn't remind me of MJ. He just never behaved like this.

Looks pretty pissed off to me. He absolutely doesn't remind me of MJ. He just never behaved like this.

Michael Jackson was a grown man and nobody smiles all the time.....we know him as an entertainer and public figure but behind closed doors, he didn't speak in that high pitch voice that defined his public persona.....the man had a deep grown man voice and I'm sure he used it more often than not in private

What I wanted to clarify is that it is nonsense to say that "his family are the ones who were always there for him while all his friends abandoned him", just because it was the family with him in court in 2005. IMO that they were there in 2005 was the bare minimum from a family that lived off MJ as much as they did. And even in that situation there were family members who were two-faced (*cough*Rebbie*cough*).

Elizabeth Taylor was there for MJ in 1993 in a way that mattered while Katherine cared more about not wanting to hear bad news, and Liz was also there for him in 2005. She never hesitated to defend him. Not showing up with him at trial every day does not change her support. I am sure there were also some other friends whose support never ceased but they were quietly supporting him from behind the scenes.

I agree with you (y)

What I wanted to clarify is that it is nonsense to say that "his family are the ones who were always there for him while all his friends abandoned him", just because it was the family with him in court in 2005. IMO that they were there in 2005 was the bare minimum from a family that lived off MJ as much as they did. And even in that situation there were family members who were two-faced (*cough*Rebbie*cough*).

Elizabeth Taylor was there for MJ in 1993 in a way that mattered while Katherine cared more about not wanting to hear bad news, and Liz was also there for him in 2005. She never hesitated to defend him. Not showing up with him at trial every day does not change her support. I am sure there were also some other friends whose support never ceased but they were quietly supporting him from behind the scenes.

@Bringing Brighter Days

You have an idealized view of the Jackson family and you are in denial about all their dysfunctionalities as the reason behind MJ's distancing himself from them and you always try to blame mysterious "outside sources" instead as if MJ was just some kind of mindless doll that did not have his own will and intentions.

That is also how the family always addressed the fact that MJ was not so happy to meet them at times. They blamed it on bodyguards and personal assistants and accused them of "keeping MJ away from them" as if it wasn't MJ paying those people and telling them to keep his family away. He had his good reasons to do so and IMO it is disrespectful to dismiss and ignore those reasons and pretend that they were not legit reasons. You must be in serious denial about the family's behavior when you do not see those reasons. And they have nothing to do with outside forces. They only have to do with the family's behavior with him.

And no one denies the brothers' contribution to the J5 or the Jackson's success but that doesn't make them entitled to MJ's solo success and money. It also does not make them entitled to force MJ into tours or performances if he did not want them.

Yuup and certain members of the family were a constant thorn in MJ's side (eg Randy, Jermaine).

The one who leaked the story to the press in the summer of 2008 that Mj was suffering from liver and kidney failure due to being alcoholic was Randy Jackson and that was after he came back to the US for the simple fact that Mj sued the accountancy firm that Randy hired because Mj was being sued left and right by people who were deprived by Randy and that accountancy firm from their monies when he was running mj's affairs and conspiring with others to steal his assets. He was angry that Mj did not surrender and let him sell the ATV catalogue so Randy could take his piece of the pie. He lost his mind when Mj named him in a legal deposition as one of those who tried to steal the catalogue. They were a huge part of his problems. They made themselves the saviors of a ravaged drug addict in their attempt to get money from AEG. They tried to backpedal when they discovered how stupid they were to go that route. Not out of concern for him or those kids he left behind, but because AEG used their own falsified stories to destroy their case.

I agree wth everything you posted. I truly can't understand the MJ "fans" who continue to defend his family when they were a HUGE part of his problems. I will never forget Brooke ******* saying (back in the 80's), that Michael's family hurt him more than anyone. Even scumball Roger Friedman said that it was Joe and Jermaine who were leaking negative stories to him in an effort to force Michael to do concerts with them. Let's not forget that on the DAY Michael died, it was his own father, Joe and Leonard Rowe who were all over TV calling Michael a drug addict. Lest some of you forget it was his own sister, LaToya who went on every media outlet, for money, and called him a molestor. Finally, all of you Janet fans, don't forget that she didn't even wait until he was cold in the ground before she began her campaign to destroy his legacy by FALSELY claiming that the family had tried an intervention because Michael was addicted to drugs. Btw, there never was an intervention. The intervention was the family trying to force and blackmail Michael to do a concert with the family. They wanted a part of the money when Michael agreed to the This Is It concerts. His own family didn't give a damn about him. Michael was there ATM machine and when he was murdered, all they could think of is/was money.
SPARE me the crap about defending his family. They used him when he was alive and even when he died. Surely, you Jackson family defenders haven't forgotten what Janet, Randy, Jermaine and Rebbie did during the "granny-napping" incident. Trying to gain control of Michael's kids inheritance. Everything that I have stated is about what is own FAMILY did to him. Again, spare me the defense of this family. YUCK!

Last edited:
Btw, Bringing Brighter Days goes on other forums and always defends the family, while tearing down Michael.

all this talk about the family being greedy for the past quarter century......

but in reality, everything that MJ lost was by accusations of people who were not related to him at all...

with all that being sat and for me as an individual fan......there's no need for me to watch this movie, I already know the ending
But you know why it was easy for him to run into those shady people? Because his family was no better to him. Not all of them but there was lots of pressure on him to 'help them out'. Too bad Joe didn't prepare them for life after the stage. Had he they wouldn't have had to wait around for MJ to do a reunion tour.
This movie isn't about the ending. The works know how it ends it's about a side of his life very seldom told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

respect77;4195426 said:

respect77;4195432 said:
@Bringing Brighter Days

You have an idealized view of the Jackson family and you are in denial about all their dysfunctionalities as the reason behind MJ's distancing himself from them and you always try to blame mysterious "outside sources" instead as if MJ was just some kind of mindless doll that did not have his own will and intentions.

That is also how the family always addressed the fact that MJ was not so happy to meet them at times. They blamed it on bodyguards and personal assistants and accused them of "keeping MJ away from them" as if it wasn't MJ paying those people and telling them to keep his family away. He had his good reasons to do so and IMO it is disrespectful to dismiss and ignore those reasons and pretend that they were not legit reasons. You must be in serious denial about the family's behavior when you do not see those reasons. And they have nothing to do with outside forces. They only have to do with the family's behavior with him.

And no one denies the brothers' contribution to the J5 or the Jackson's success but that doesn't make them entitled to MJ's solo success and money. It also does not make them entitled to force MJ into tours or performances if he did not want them.

somewhereinthedark;4195481 said:
I agree wth everything you posted. I truly can't understand the MJ "fans" who continue to defend his family when they were a HUGE part of his problems. I will never forget Brooke ******* saying (back in the 80's), that Michael's family hurt him more than anyone. Even scumball Roger Friedman said that it was Joe and Jermaine who were leaking negative stories to him in an effort to force Michael to do concerts with them. Let's not forget that on the DAY Michael died, it was his own father, Joe and Leonard Rowe who were all over TV calling Michael a drug addict. Lest some of you forget it was his own sister, LaToya who went on every media outlet, for money, and called him a molestor. Finally, all of you Janet fans, don't forget that she didn't even wait until he was cold in the ground before she began her campaign to destroy his legacy by FALSELY claiming that the family had tried an intervention because Michael was addicted to drugs. Btw, there never was an intervention. The intervention was the family trying to force and blackmail Michael to do a concert with the family. They wanted a part of the money when Michael agreed to the This Is It concerts. His own family didn't give a damn about him. Michael was there ATM machine and when he was murdered, all they could think of is/was money.
SPARE me the crap about defending his family. They used him when he was alive and even when he died. Surely, you Jackson family defenders haven't forgotten what Janet, Randy, Jermaine and Rebbie did during the "granny-napping" incident. Trying to gain control of Michael's kids inheritance. Everything that I have stated is about what is own FAMILY did to him. Again, spare me the defense of this family. YUCK!

Yuuuup there are a lot of receipts about certain family members.....and their ways (as Prince put it)

I would first like to start off this tweet by thanking the fans that have always stood by me and my family, my dad really appreciated your support and I still treasure it to this day. As I am sure everyone is well aware of the events that have been going on. I have not been backing up my sister and her tweets avidly because I was waiting for the time to reveal my side. As long as I can remember my dad had repeatedly warned me of certain people and their ways. Although I am happy my grandma was returned, after speaking with her I realized how misguided and how badly she was lied to. I’m really angry and hurt. The following image is of a group chat I had started to several family members. This group text message I had initially sent was replied to but they didn’t know that I could see the responses. For this whole time, we were denied contact to our grandmother. “If you continue with your lies I will continue with the truth”

-Michael Jackson Jr.

prince_michael_jackson_i_text_message_photo_twitter_1813scp-1813scu.jpg

chanel05;4195483 said:
But you know why it was easy for him to run into those shady people? Because his family was no better to him. Not all of them but there was lots of pressure on him to 'help them out'. Too bad Joe didn't prepare them for life after the stage. Had he they wouldn't have had to wait around for MJ to do a reunion tour.
This movie isn't about the ending. The works know how it ends it's about a side of his life very seldom told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when you are an adult, an adult is responsible for the majority of choices they make

and this a prime example of what I'm talking about and for the past quarter century , way before this past decade, the family has been reviled and hated and that was not always the case.......

and these words spoken from years ago highlight the crux of this problem

“To sell yourself for success and to sell out your family isn’t the proper thing to do, allot of family members being pulled, people coming and sometimes if you’re weak, being led by outside influence, you tend to go that way, all for someone else’s selfish greed.”

These words were spoken by Jermaine Jackson as the family dynamic was being torn apart, divide and conquer was the strategy to pull Michael from his family and with Latoya, who during that late 80s period wanted to achieve the level of fame as her brother, she began to exploit her family to put her name out there and to generate publicity for herself

Society is geared and conditioned to look at the end result rather than looking at the core root problem that started literally from day one and I know what I'm going to post aint popular but it needs to be said and it will explain allot of what's been going on because the wrong source is being blamed for everything that has transpired

Without a proper channel to navigate troubled waters, The Jacksons were the first black family exposed to the superficiality of Hollywood and the challenges awaiting down the road would stifle them as opportunists sought to exploit their success by drawing Michael Jackson away after he reached the very pinnacle of his career.

What I'm saying is, when Michael Jackson's talent reached fruition and maturity, that was the moment where he was separated from his family in order to exploit his name, talent, and success to the tilt, and that's exactly what is happening right now......the family is not dysfunctional as much as the system is that has preyed on them.

and this deal about Joe not preparing them for life after stage, this is why everything has been compartmentalized to keep the current narrative alive, when this stuff meant something and Michael Jackson himself said this years back during his rise, as with other parents of childhood/teenage stars, Michael spoke on how Joe Jackson his father encouraged he and his brothers to invest in their future and MJ said in the years before becoming "the king of pop" that Joe never took one dime of his money.

if Joe Jackson had not had his sons best interest, he would have let them remain at Motown and they would have became a nostalgia act before MJ became an adult.........and there would never had been an OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, History, or Invincible, and none of those tours would have seen the light of day

Was he perfect, no....was he burdensome at times, yes.....but he was there

This talk about reunion tours.....if we look back on it, Bad tour 1987 start, Dangerous tour 1992 start, HIstory Tour 1997 start, and from that point he didn't prepare to even do a concert tour in 12 years.....so from 1997-2009, his family was calling him up and banging on his door to do a reunion tour? Or let me dig deeper, after the Victory Tour of 1984, the brothers waited with bated breath every single day through 2009 hoping to do a reunion tour?

The Jacksons from 1969-1984, 1985-ish as a whole was appreciate for everyone's musical contribution and were not seen as greedy, then the next 4-5 years, the family dynamic was shredded externally, and by the early to mid 90s, they were seen as hanger ons and money grabbers, when all the brothers contributed to the *****n Five's success, when Marlon, Jermaine, Randy, and even Jackie to a certain degree had successful solo albums from 1987-1989.....the equation does not add up to today's current narrative.....

no family is perfect and I'm sure they had internal strife just as every family does, there's not one family on the planet walking on water.

but they did not deserve the venom and feelings of hatred directed towards them by media sources, journalists, and fans over the years because if the shoe was on the other foot, they would not like it and not know how to deal

and I know few people have recognized this over the years.........after all that venom and hatred has been spoken of about them, in the same breath, when these same brothers appear on someone's talk show or when they have done radio interviews like they have the past 7 years, the reaction is "Oh wow, look who we have, we have The Jacksons.........guys, it's so great to see you and I just want to say I grew up listening to and loving your music, what a pleasure it is to have you on the show today"..............

and all that is because, of what started in the beginning and how their careers were molded. They were to be looked at as nothing more than entertainers and performers and viewed as such in every since of the word and nothing more...and that's why the world today feels as if they have the green light and the liberty to attack them at whim......

and all the negative attacks thrown their way w/out trying to understand the root cause of what is present at the moment, we dont' think about how that vile has affected the extended members of that family, grandchildren, nephews, and nieces.....because I'm sure they have. Jackie even did an interview in 2004 practically tearing up as to how his family has been ostracized in their own country. That's how bad this experience got over time when it could have remained awesome much longer than it did.

The humanity of it all got lost.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that on the DAY Michael died, it was his own father, Joe and Leonard Rowe who were all over TV calling Michael a drug addict.

I remember in the week or two following Michael's death, Joe Jackson kept trying to promote his record label whenever he could in interviews about Michael.

What a despicable sack of shit.

Bringing Brighter Days;4195493 said:
when you are an adult, an adult is responsible for the majority of choices they make

and this a prime example of what I'm talking about and for the past quarter century , way before this past decade, the family has been reviled and hated and that was not always the case.......

and these words spoken from years ago highlight the crux of this problem

“To sell yourself for success and to sell out your family isn’t the proper thing to do, allot of family members being pulled, people coming and sometimes if you’re weak, being led by outside influence, you tend to go that way, all for someone else’s selfish greed.”

These words were spoken by Jermaine Jackson as the family dynamic was being torn apart, divide and conquer was the strategy to pull Michael from his family and with Latoya, who during that late 80s period wanted to achieve the level of fame as her brother, she began to exploit her family to put her name out there and to generate publicity for herself

Oh, wasn't he the family member who introduced Tohme Tohme to MJ, to help him? I think we'll be hearing more about the success of that introduction in court in the autumn.

What was the reason that (aside from Janet) the other members of the family could not have independent successful recording / film / other entertainment (or management, or even non -entertainment) careers?

Oh, wasn't he the family member who introduced Tohme Tohme to MJ, to help him? I think we'll be hearing more about the success of that introduction in court in the autumn.

What was the reason that (aside from Janet) the other members of the family could not have independent successful recording / film / other entertainment (or management, or even non -entertainment) careers?

the million dollar question, no pun intended.

They HAD successful recording careers in their own right during the late 80s.........

Marlon Jackson had a #1 r&b record in 1987 with his song Don't Go and that video became the #1 played video on BET's former show Video Soul

His album went double platinum but by the late 80s, Billboard started to exercise the practice of distorting sale purchases by black record buyers to begin the process of destabilizing the genre which as of 2017, we only see remnants of how vibrant that music used to be.......

Randy Jackson formed his group Randy and the Gypsies and released their first album of the same name in 1989,

his single Perpetrators was the #1 requested song on r&b radio stations throughout the summer, matching airplay with the Bobby Browns, Keith Sweats, and Al. B Sure's of the world

later that year in 1989, Jermaine Jackson released his album "Dont Take it Personal" and that album went platinum with the self title track reaching #1

Even thought Michael Jackson was the most successful member of the family, there was an audience for everyone and by them providing music output in their own right, this shows they were not hanger ons or leeches......

but the perception of all that changed by the early 90s, because something happened

and we can say that the family always pressured MIchael to doing reunion tours but no sooner than 24 hours of MIchael Jacksons' acquittal of 2005 (which I never believed he committed the acts he was accused of doing)........I saw fan after fan after fan expecting him to pick up where he left off and show the world, especially the media that he was still the King of Pop....the 2006 World Music Awards when a number of fans expected him to perform there, and when he announced he was not going to perform, I saw disappointment and anger towards him.........

so we have to look at the entire situation. This ain't a blame game but a game of understanding

I love Michael's music, love his message he wanted to share with the world. but by that point, he had nothing else to give for he had given everything already. He was already retired in his heart

[FONT=&amp]Durban actress stars in Michael Jackson film

Entertainment | 28 May 2017, 12:00pmSiphelele Buthelezi

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]DURBAN – Durban-born actress, Nondumiso Tembe will be among the impressive cast in the movie Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland, when the film premières in America tonight.
Tembe will play the role of Grace Rwaramba, the popstar’s nanny to his three children.

620x349
Actor Nondumiso Tembe. Pictures: Supplied

Speaking to the Sunday Tribune this week, she revealed that she was a huge fan of the star and said the film would shed light on many aspects that were not known.
“We all think we know Michael Jackson’s story, but this film reveals a very different side of one of the world’s most prolific artists,” she said.

Tembe said her role in the movie was an important one and she felt honoured to play it.
“Grace became one of his closest friends and confidantes. When his children were born, he asked her to move in with them and become their nanny.
“She saw everything. They had quite a complicated and somewhat tumultuous relationship, but she loved him very much and was fiercely protective of him and she was there through thick and thin,” she said.
“It was fascinating for me, as someone who has been a huge fan of Michael Jackson all my life – but seeing another more vulnerable, human and relatable side of this icon, this man we all idolized and adored, was profound for me,” said Tembe.
The made-for-TV movie will premiere today (Sunday) on the international channel Lifetime, but it is not known when and if it will be available on South African TV.
The film is based on the book Remembering the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in his final days by Bill Whitefield and Javon Beard, who were Jackson’s bodyguard in the last few years of his life.
“Given the popularity of the subject matter, I am confident the film will eventually be available all over the world. South African viewers should look out for it hopefully later this year,” she said.
Tembe is the daughter of opera singers Bongani Tembe and Linda Bukhosini. She has a string of qualifications that has laid the foundation for an international and diverse career in the performing arts.
She has starred in various roles on international channels including the Golden Globe and Emmy award winning show, True Blood and the new TV show, SIX, a military drama.
South African audiences can also expect to see the versatile artist playing a lead role on the up-coming film, Zulu Wedding, which features popular US actor Darrin Dewitt Henson.
It is scheduled for release later this year.
Tembe said her goal had always been to be a great artist, not a celebrity. “I don’t care about how many followers I have on social media, or how many magazine covers I land, or the awards or being an “It Girl” or landing on anybody’s ‘Best Dressed’ list.
“I am an artist first and foremost.
“My mission is to achieve excellence, to do work that has a meaningful impact on the world and to have longevity,” she said.
SUNDAY TRIBUNE

http://www.iol.co.za/sunday-tribune...actress-stars-in-michael-jackson-film-9396754

[/FONT]

Michael Jackson gets sympathetic treatment in 'Searching for Neverland'
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/29/entertainment/michael-jackson-searching-for-neverland-review/

170524141132-michael-jackson-searching-for-neverland-photo-exlarge-169.jpg

(CNN)Narrowly focused on the last few years of his life, "Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland" labors to humanize the King of Pop, acknowledging eccentricities but portraying him as an object of sympathy. While reasonably effective dramatically speaking, its reception will likely depend on how one views Jackson's alleged behavior with children.
"Searching for Neverland" opens after a flurry of those allegations in 2005 forced Jackson to become something of a nomad, temporarily relocating Las Vegas. It's based on the book "Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days," by a pair of bodyguards who became his confidantes, published after his death in 2009.
The title notwithstanding, Jackson is largely a supporting player here, which is probably wise. A Jackson impersonator, Navi, plays the singer in his acting debut, and while the physical resemblance is striking, his accent keeps leaking out in distracting fashion when he's speaking as opposed to singing.
The focus, rather, is on Bill Whitfield ("The Wire" alum Chad L. Coleman), whose life is upended when what's supposed to be a short assignment turns into becoming the reclusive Jackson's companion, protector and, along with Javon Beard (Sam Adegoke), all-purpose helper. Bill's narration gives the movie a certain literary quality, while framing the disjointed episodes that are depicted.
"Searching for Neverland" also engages in its share of dramatic foreshadowing about Jackson's inevitable fate. "I can't do five nights a week. It would kill me," Jackson says about performing regularly, a prospect that eventually leads to his abuse of prescription drugs after Dr. Conrad Murray enters the picture.
Jackson is presented as a loving and devoted father, if still a child in a grown-up's body himself. He lives as a virtual prisoner, leery of paparazzi and the unfair way he believes he's treated.

"Why do people call you ***** *****?" one of the kids asks, while somewhat soft-peddling how the star earned that nickname.
Despite his enormous wealth, Jackson is also shown having serious liquidity issues during this period, so much so that staff isn't getting paid and a lavish toy-store shopping spree becomes painfully awkward when his credit card is denied.
Speaking to the authorities, the bodyguards indignantly describe themselves as "the only two people looking out for him" -- an assertion that would have more authority, seemingly, if we weren't watching a movie adapted from their book.
The truth is plenty of people wanted a piece of Jackson while he was alive and, because he remains a source of fascination, the exploitation continues after his death. For those who find that situation lamentable, Jackson got one thing right when he suggested taking a look at the man in the mirror.
"Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland" premieres May 29 at 8 p.m. on Lifetime.

^^Don't appreciate the comment on how he "earned that nickname." That was thrown at him as part of a well-calculated take down.

^^Don't appreciate the comment on how he "earned that nickname." That was thrown at him as part of a well-calculated take down.

That nickname or moniker was coined not by the american press, nor was it coined by the british press, it was coined by the Australian Press during the opening leg of the Bad Tour after performing the initial set of shows in Japan.......

You know what happened? People learnt more about the family. After the 90s more and more things came out about them, not least their due to their very own behavior that was there for everyone to see - and still is. You cannot blame anyone for their behavior but them.

BTW, I highly doubt Marlon's album was double platinum when it peaked at #175 on Billboard. I know you have a whole conspiracy theory for why the Jackson brothers and sisters were really more successful than they look, but without the receipts it's just that: a conspiracy theory. (And it wouldn't be the first time of you making up something.) If Marlon had been that successful he would not have been dropped from the label after one album. That is the same with each and evey other sibling (except Janet, of course, who was genuinely successful): if they had success they would have had a career. Period. Jermaine had some success in the early 80s, but that kind of success was not enough to sustain a lifestyle they wanted to live. But I don't really care if they would have made their money as artists or in everyday jobs. The point is, Michael had no obligation to provide for his grown ass, able-bodied siblings and their children, like the family expected him. It's one thing to help out someone when they are in need and I am sure MJ wouldn't have had any problem with that. He was a generous guy, giving was not his problem. I think his problem was feeling used like an ATM by his family. That whenever they went to him it was always for something: money or asking him to sign up to some tour or something.

Michael had no obligation to record or tour with his brothers when he was past that part of his career. If the brothers wanted to continue they could have - without him. And they could have shown that it wasn't all about MJ and they could be successful without him. They couldn't. You can create all kind of conspiracy theories about that, all you want, but that's the simple fact.

His brothers with the exception of Randy were already adults before Michael Jackson started his solo career......and they were already married and had families on their own.......they WERE living their own lives....in the 80s, Marlon was producing records for other acts into stalwart blues artist such as Betty Wright and his sister Janet when she started out with A&M records, not to mention developing the group's dancing routine with Michael during the Destiny Tour and Triumph Tours......

That light torch Michael used to showcase while performing the History single on the History tour...............that was derived from the concept Marlon and Randy came up w/during the Triumph Tour shows.....

Jermaine Jackson was one of the leading label executives in the business and helped produce/co-produce Motown acts such as Switch who was one of the top r&b bands/groups on the landscape in 1979/1980 when r&b was strong.......helped introduce Whitney Houston on the scene featuring her on a number of his records with Arista before she went solo.....

Randy Jackson when it comes to sheer musical instrumentation, is the most musically inclined member of the family.

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough......Randy worked with Michael in developing the initial rhythm arrangement for, along with Working Day and Night

and nobody said he was obligated to negate his solo career, he already released his first solo adult record in 1979..........none of that is the issue. He deserved his solo career

and of course it would be difficult to find stories about Billboard misrepresenting album purchases of black record consumers, because of the inconspicuous nature of how it happened......just because one may choose to believe Marlon's album didn't go double platinum doesn't mean it didn't happen, 1987-1988 was the time where the practice of misrepresenting those sales......particularly r&b sales, as many of those prominent r&b acts of that time, specifically those beyond the age of 30, they were being phased out of the landscape.

and all this talk about the family using him as an ATM...in the end, MJ's earnings of the past 40 years was all but exhausted, including assets, musical catalogs co-founded by he and his brothers.....particularly Randy Jackson

and since 2009, I've seen over 300 books written and published about this man, along with documentaries and the whole nine where everyone who has benefited from it, and cashed in on it, and exploited his name to the tilt have been everyone other than his family, jumping on the bandwagon to strike it big

Even if I have to go to the library and when I do find an article highlighting the misrepresentation of record purchases of the black consumer, I will post...matter of fact, I remember a japanese music publication given focus on that situation back in 2012-2013.......I will search there first, but I will find it

Last edited:
So, what was it like y'all (I didn't watch).
Was it horrible, bad, good, or great?
I'm waiting for the deets.

Also, I caught the new special "Michael Jackson: the ultimate icon" (that came on after the movie) bout 10 minutes in (because I had no idea about it) and it looks good so far.

Edit: There's another new MJ special coming on (Lifetime) tomorrow called "Biography Presents: Michael Jackson."
This is the description: "This one-hour Biography special will focus on the story of Michael Jackson with a particular spotlight on his final days. Contains interviews with his former bodyguards Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, as well as those closest to Michael."

Just a heads up in case any of y'all didn't know about it.

Last edited:
I didn't watch either, simply because I don't have Lifetime and I couldn't find a working stream. So I'm waiting for... other options. ;D

It looked promising in the previews but I'm keeping my expectations kinda low.

Back