family members, friends & admirers take to twitter on MJ's birthday.

Today the senior center where i volunteer had it's monthly backyard birthday bash for all the seniors born in august.

The visiting DJ announced that the GREAT MJ birthday was august 29, we must never forget him, and raise your hand if you love MJ. Poor fellow had no clue he was speaking to the choir. That this center made 13 trips to the theatre to see THIS IS IT.The Center is covered with photos of the seniors posing with MJ from MADAME TUSSAUDS WAX MUSEUM. And MJ'S name was on the list for august birthdays.

We had a grand time dancing to MJ'S music from 11am to 3pm.
I loved reading this!

Goodness I thought I'd lost it ... because was asking myself why these tweets were so early seeing it's only Michael's Birthday on Monday ???

Then I looked up and saw 2010!!!

Great tweets ... hope it's the same again this year!!

Yes Vici I agree ... let's get #Message2MJ trending on Monday again for our Sweet Angel's special Birthday!

For your information

WHAT: Legend's Weekend
WHEN: Through Monday
WHERE: 2300 Jackson St. and Leonard Douglas Stadium at Roosevelt High School, 2301 Harrison St.
HOW MUCH: Activities in front of 2300 Jackson St. are free; food and other items will be available for purchase; tickets for the concerts and circus are $23 for adults and $12 for children.
FYI: Visit www.thelegendsweekend.com for other details, concert schedule, guest roster and various package ticket rates.

[h=3]More events on Monday[/h] On Aug. 29, Michael's birthday, fans can join in a birthday celebration with a cake-cutting ceremony in front of the house, featuring a 4-foot cake, a performance of the singer's favorite song "Smile," and a fireworks display synchronized to Jackson's music. For more details, times, and prices for various activities, visit www.thelegendsweekend.com
On another Jackson history note, fans may want to visit the website www.misterluckyslounge.com to find out how they can own a bit of J5 and music history.
Mister Lucky's, 1100 Grant St. in Gary, is famed for being the first place the Jackson 5 ever performed. Current owners of Mr. Lucky's are calling out to local music fans who remember the performance and may have photos to share the information via the website.
The lounge is set to be demolished sometime in the fall and will become a green space. Bricks will be sold to fans who'd like to preserve a piece of history.
"The more we delve into what happened there (on the music scene) during the years the more we felt that we wanted to do something special," said Munster's Jay Lieser, a co-owning partner of Mister Lucky's with John Rowady of Munster and Andy Young.
"Our goal is to create a green space monument and a remembrance to 1100 Grant St.," said John Rowady.
Rowady and Lieser said the iconic lounge also hosted many other musical acts during its heydey four decades ago, including The Spaniels, Deniece Williams, the Chi-Lights and others.
Because the building is not in any condition to be used and there are no plans to revitalize the lounge or reopen it, the owners said they felt a green space would be appropriate.
"We feel the green space will be a nice thing for the city of Gary," Rowady said.
Music fans can check out various brick packages that may be purchased through the website. A portion of the proceeds raised through the brick program will go to benefit music programs that are part of VH1's Save the Music fundraiser.

PB.jpg

Blanket.jpg

KP.jpg

princepic.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/729998...alks-about-michael-plans-for-park-museum.html
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/gary/article_e3e76c93-6b50-544b-8461-d69a96d8c291.html

Last edited:
Goodness I thought I'd lost it ... because was asking myself why these tweets were so early seeing it's only Michael's Birthday on Monday ???

Then I looked up and saw 2010!!!

Great tweets ... hope it's the same again this year!!

Yes Vici I agree ... let's get #Message2MJ trending on Monday again for our Sweet Angel's special Birthday!

Hahahah me too!! I was like "his bday is the 27th?! No way! I've been a fan for years, it can't be." Then I thought my computer date and time was wrong...until I read your post. :p

So what are we trending tomorrow? Is it going to be #Message2MJ again, or is it going to be something else like #HappyBirthdayMJ?

La Toya Jackson (@latoyajackson) on Twitter
latoyajackson La Toya Jackson
On MJ's 53rd birthday I'd like to share a personal photo of MJ's last birthday dinner with my family on August 30, 2004.
8wzlox.jpg

I wish to thank the fans and all of you for your support and your unconditional love! I am most pleased by your devotion! Goodnight all!!!
1 hour ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL! I MISS YOU AND WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU! YOU'VE GIVEN SUCH AN EXTRAORDINARY GIFT TO THE WORLD! WE WILL CHERISH IT!
1 hour ago
http://twitter.com/RealGenevieveJ
RealGenevieveJ Genevieve Jackson
Happy Birthday Uncle Michael...I love u!!
4 hours ago
http://twitter.com/realctucker
realctucker Chris Tucker
Happy Birthday Michael Jackson. The greatest. We miss you Michael, may you rest in peace.
2 hours ago

Last edited:
this one gave me the old lump at the back of the throat...:(

pariisjaxn Paris Jackson
happy birthday, dad, we love and miss you with all our hearts

SonyMusicGlobal Sony Music Global
Big Day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KING @michaeljackson http://bit.ly/3JA6hT

Sony_Music Sony Music Canada
Today's the birthday of the King Of Pop! This is what we're going to listen all day here at the office http://ow.ly/6fudc #HappyBirthdayMJ

SpikeLee Spike Lee
People, Michael Joseph Jackson entered The World on August 29,1958.HAPPY BORN DAY TO MJ-KING OF POP.WE LOVE YOU.WE MISS YOU.GOD BLESS YOU!!!

@RollingStone
Rolling Stone Happy Birthday MJ: Today would have been the King of Pop's 53rd birthday. Here's our Michael Jackson photo tribute: http://bit.ly/mdsSP4

@tajjackson3
Taj Jackson Thank you @MTV for reinstating the MJ Video Vanguard Award. It really meant a lot to my uncle Michael. #MessageToMJ #HappybirthdayMJ

MARLONLWAYANS marlon wayans
Happy Bday MJ you are and forever will be celebrated. The only Man that make men scream like bitches! U that DOPE. MICHAELLLLL!!!

JackieJackson5 Jackie Jackson
Happy birthday Michael! Your big brother Jackie

pepsi
Pepsi™ Happy Birthday MJ!! Thanks for being a part of the Pepsi Generation http://sflow.us/q2HvbH

Last edited:
Omer Bhatti (@RealOBee) on Twitter
RealOBee Omer Bhatti
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KING. Love you and miss you forever. I dedicate this to you O-Bee - Life Is A Movie (Official Music Video HD) - YouTube
1 hour ago
ATON CLASSIC (@ATONCLASSIC) on Twitter
ATONCLASSIC ATON CLASSIC
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I MISS YOU EVERYDAY. twitgoo.com/4gov4m
351wgug.gif

1 hour ago
Halima Rashid (@halimarashid) on Twitter
halimarashid Halima Rashid
today is a very special day, the birth of the "King Of Pop".
2 hours ago
Donte Jackson (@Donte_Jackson) on Twitter
Donte_Jackson Donte Jackson
Happy Birthday uncle Archangel Michael. your presence is felt all the time.
2 hours ago
Jermaine Jackson (@jermjackson5) on Twitter
jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson
53 years ago today, the world of music & humanity was gifted the arrival of one incredible talent & person...and we, a special brother
2 hours ago
Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) on Twitter
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Yes I did @AwaCham: @tajjackson3 you had the BEST uncle in the world!

Awww Siedah :love::cry:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/siedah-garrett-fan-page/keep-on-lovin-you-dedicated-to-michael-jackson/289703414377868
MEMORIES OF MJ: On this very special day, the day our Michael made his appearance on this earth, we all celebrate his genius and the joy he brought to our lives. I was blessed to be in his presence. In honor of his birthday, I'd like to share with you the lyrics of first verse and chorus of the song I've recently recorded as my answer to our duet "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", dedicated to MJ.

KEEP ON LOVIN' YOU
I know I was nervous
If you were feeling nervous too
I didn't have a clue
But you were the real thing
And I found it so refreshing you
Turned out to be so cool
I remember like yesterday
All the things you taught me
All the things you used to say
I loved you then, and I love you still
I guess I always have and always will
For the rest of my life
Everything else may change, but
No matter what I do
I'm gonna keep on loving' you
For the rest of my life
I'll smile when I hear your name, and
No matter what I do
I'm gonna keep on loving' you
For the rest of my life
(Copyright 2011 Siedah Garrett/Dapo Torimiro)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL!

randyjackson8 Randy Jackson
I will be at Forest Lawn today at 6. HAPPY B DAY big brother

wrong thread. sorry!

Last edited:
MissyElliott Missy Elliott
HappyBirthdayMichaelJackson! Ure Music have Impacted the World! And ure Videos have inspired me! Thanks 4 Timeless Music!

http://twitter.com/MissyElliott

Usher Raymond IV
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MJ!!!

Ciara
Happy Birthday to the best that ever did it! THE KING MICHAEL JACKSON!

Adrienne Maloof
Happy Birthday Mj U were loved by so many &will live on in our hearts. The world dances w/u today as we celebrate the man behind the music.

jodi gomes
wow, it makes me sad to see Happy Birthday MJ trending. still can't believe he's not here. He presence is SO missed, but legends never die.

Last edited:
Solange knowles (Beyonces baby sis)
Happy Birthday MJ !!!! My all time fave Michael song... youtube.com/watch?v=pEEMi2… (STRANGER IN MOSCOW)

Solange knowles
So shocked to find out so many people count "Stranger in Moscow" as their Michael Jackson fave.

twitter.com/solangeknowles

PEPSI
Happy Birthday MJ!! Thanks for being a part of the Pepsi Generation

PEPSI
"Go for your dreams. Whatever your ideals you can become whatever you want to become." — KING OF POP

twitter.com/pepsi

DJCassidy
Happy birthday to my greatest inspiration, the greatest performer of all time, the king forever, Michael Jackson. The magic lives on.

iamdiddy
Happy Birthday Michael Jackson!! RIP

Lala Vasquez
#HappyBirthdayMJ..I LOVE U!!!! Always and forever! Michael Jackson thank you for everything you have given to us!

Terrell Owens
Happy Birthday Michael Jackson!!

Last edited:
So what are we trending tomorrow? Is it going to be #Message2MJ again, or is it going to be something else like #HappyBirthdayMJ?

Desired, I usually sit and stare at your siggy and smile like an idiot. It is such a wonderful picture of a happy and playful Michael.

Guys was the tweet-a-ton as massive as the one last year. Last year was on a Sunday and everyone had more time.

Back