Father's Tell-all Documentary "MAKING MICHAEL"

A few days ago I saw the famous clip of Joe making a pitch on BET (2009) for his new record deal just a few days after Michael passed away. The entire world was in mourning but Joe was trying to score a business deal on live TV.

:cry: I seriously doubt he even shed a single tear for his son. I wonder if he loved Mike at ALL?

Don't take this thing too serious. If you mourn you do things some people don't understand. Maybe if you show Joe this video with this "interview" he's scared of himself.
I think Joe loved Michael and I think he mourn about him and cries. But he don't show it in public. I think it was Michael who said it once that Joe never shows his feelings in front of other people.
I don't wanna protect Joe but to me it looks somtimes like he loves Michael more than Katherine.
Katherine tried everything to get more and more money from her dead son. Joe didn't do it.

Don't take this thing too serious. If you mourn you do things some people don't understand. Maybe if you show Joe this video with this "interview" he's scared of himself.
I think Joe loved Michael and I think he mourn about him and cries. But he don't show it in public. I think it was Michael who said it once that Joe never shows his feelings in front of other people.
I don't wanna protect Joe but to me it looks somtimes like he loves Michael more than Katherine.
Katherine tried everything to get more and more money from her dead son. Joe didn't do it.

I agree with you about Joe loving Michael more than Katherine but it's sad to see what sad parents the both of them were for Michael. Joseph physically beat him more but Katherine manipulated, mentally abused and took advantage of him more.

I don't think any of them really loved Michael, if they claim to do so, they have a pretty f*cked up way to show it since he's been a cash-cow to them most of his life and it will continue as long as Blanket is still a minor.

I think Joe loved Michael and I think he mourn about him and cries. But he don't show it in public.

:wtf: Keyword being THINK. You don't "love" your son by telling him he's ugly and denying affection from him. That's not love; that's emotional abuse. F*ck Joe and not in a good way! He and Katherine SUCKED as parents: he for putting fame and wealth above his children's wellbeing and she for co-signing that sh*t.

I don't think any of them really loved Michael, if they claim to do so, they have a pretty f*cked up way to show it since he's been a cash-cow to them most of his life and it will continue as long as Blanket is still a minor.

AMEN TO THAT, Snow White! :yes:

Mrs. Michael Jackson;4025654 said:

Joe did do that. He too filed wrongful death suit against everybody else, but not for himself.
He only withdrew it because KJ had already case and most likely he was told he won't succeed with it because what he is.

Lets not forget the various deals he has made to exploit MJ's image and likeness since Michael's passing.
I cannot forget one interview with Joe, in which he was asked about 1 deal he made to exploit MJ's image and likeness, and he was told to stop it. He said the interviewer something like this "MJ is my son, I don't need anyones permission to exploit my own son".
Also I don't forget Joe's reply when he was asked a comment about MJ puking the sight of him: “He regurgitates all the way to the bank.”

These so called parent are so money driven that they use their own child (dead or alive) as money making machine. I cannot recall one thing since June 2009 that they have acted like loving parents to MJ.

You say Joe mourns Michael's death in privately, but I wonder when would he has time to do that because he is busy making deals with all these shady people?

Last edited:
What happen to The Architect, the documentary he was planning to release 2012 or this the same.
I finally managed to watch the trailer. There was a little snippet of Joe showing off his gun and saying whats the point carrying unloaded gun, and that was the same scene than in The Architect.
Joe is whitewashing his beating kids as usually, according to him, he only spanked them.
Also he thinks MJ was murdered and follow the dollars:doh:

It is going to be interesting whether he got permission from the estate to use Michael's image and likeness to mockumentary? Maybe thats why he is kissing the executors asses by tweeting thank you's to them for looking after his wife.

To be quite honest, I always see people mention Joe calling Michael ugly thing. Nobody knows in what context it was said, who knows, all we know is that it apparently hurt Michael to the point where he wasn't happy with himself. That in itself is terrible, but who knows what Joes actual intentions were. I love Michael with all my heart, but I'm one of the few fans who think he simply misunderstood parenting, as far as discipline goes. There are some people, children mostly, who are like that, and they grow up to become overly emotional, like Michael, like me. I used to feel the same way about my mother once, until I came to an age where I realized everything she was doing was simply for the better and preparing me for a moment when she'd no longer be around to protect me or my brother. Michael too has admitted in interviews later in his life that his father loves him and he loves his father, but most tend to overlook that when it comes to the discussion of Joe Jackson.

Do I think Joe Jackson is a greedy man? Yes. Do I think he could've been around Michael more in his adult life as a parent and not just with his hands out? Yes. But as far as Michael growing up, I don't think he was a bad father. The simple fact is he sacrificed everything to make something out of his children. People can say "well he was trying to live out his dream through them", and that's fair. But still, he kept his kids out of the street, he kept them off corners and out of prison, during a time where there wasn't much opportunity for youth and adults of Michael's complexion. Lets be real here, Joe did more for his children, including Michael, than most do for their children, in decades.

To be quite honest, I always see people mention Joe calling Michael ugly thing. Nobody knows in what context it was said, who knows, all we know is that it apparently hurt Michael to the point where he wasn't happy with himself. That in itself is terrible, but who knows what Joes actual intentions were. I love Michael with all my heart, but I'm one of the few fans who think he simply misunderstood parenting, as far as discipline goes. There are some people, children mostly, who are like that, and they grow up to become overly emotional, like Michael, like me. I used to feel the same way about my mother once, until I came to an age where I realized everything she was doing was simply for the better and preparing me for a moment when she'd no longer be around to protect me or my brother. Michael too has admitted in interviews later in his life that his father loves him and he loves his father, but most tend to overlook that when it comes to the discussion of Joe Jackson.

Do I think Joe Jackson is a greedy man? Yes. Do I think he could've been around Michael more in his adult life as a parent and not just with his hands out? Yes. But as far as Michael growing up, I don't think he was a bad father. The simple fact is he sacrificed everything to make something out of his children. People can say "well he was trying to live out his dream through them", and that's fair. But still, he kept his kids out of the street, he kept them off corners and out of prison, during a time where there wasn't much opportunity for youth and adults of Michael's complexion. Lets be real here, Joe did more for his children, including Michael, than most do for their children, in decades.

:wtf: Tell me, in what context is it ok to berate a child by calling him UGLY? Emotionally scarring a child isn't "discipline" and neither is physical abuse. What is it exactly that Joe "sacrificed" to raise his children? NOTHING! It is a parents' duty to give their best, do their best, go above and beyond to nurture and protect the lives they CHOSE to bring into this world.

As for the 'keeping their kids out of the streets, out of jail because of the times, lack of opportunities and their race' is a crock, sorry. Unless one thinks that the only fate for Black people (other than prison or the cemetery) is entertainment and/or sports, then that thinking is twisted in the worst possible way! I'm a few months older than Janet, black and my father never crushed our spirits or demeaned us; he showed us love and affection along with giving us discipline (when we needed it, which wasn't that often). My parents were also people of strong faith and took their parenting responsibilities to heart until the day they died.

All black fathers aren't vicariously living through their children and aren't hiding behind a twisted view of what it means to be a strong black man/head of the household.

Last edited:
Joe didn't beat his kids because they were on verge to become gang members or drug dealers, he beat them because (Michael) missed dance step or other similar thing. I would understand Joe giving a slap if they were behaving badly and needed discipline because of it, but that wasn't the case. He beat Michael badly, only because he missed dance step. How is that anything to do with keeping his kids out of street corners? He could have keep kids in the house practising and practising, but there was no need for beating.

Funnily enough, I see people defending Joe for keeping them out of jail etc, but I hear nothing about how Joe didn't teach his kids how to support your own family (I think it is clear I'm talking about most of the fam members). I guess his parenting was done when he "got them out of Gary". The only right thing Joe did was to beat his kids so much that they got out of Gary, that was end of his parenting?

I cannot praise Joe's parenting methods, especially when I think what it did to Michael and how it affected to rest of his life.

WhoIsIt89;4026607 said:

Okay, since we’re being honest here lets really be honest. Joe Jackson does not get off the hook that easy! There are millions of African American fathers all over this country who have ALWAYS worked hard, sacrificed and lifted their children out of poverty without standing them in front of mirrors, humiliating them and calling them ugly. These same fathers also did not beat their children the way Michael described until they were covered from head to toe in welts making them so fearful they regurgitated anytime their fathers came near them. I am a black female with three brothers and a wonderful black father. Born in Indianapolis Indiana and raised in the inner city of Detroit, Michigan. My brothers were not beaten like animals to keep them off the streets. When my father got home from work at Chrysler auto plant he took us to the park on Belle Isle. How about that as a concept? Spending a little quality time with your sons and daughters to keep them off the streets. None of my brothers ended up in jail and I am so sick and tired of African American’s buying into Joe’s BS excuse for scaring Michael emotionally for life. I blame Joe and Katherine for the majority of MJ’s emotional problems in life and I pray PP&B have a better time. The cycle must be broken.

If beating is all it took to keep kids out of street corners and not becoming drug dealers, why there were still drug dealers etc left? Weren't their parents beating them enough, should beating be compulsory parenting skill to teach for young families so they know how keep their kids on track?

I don't like to make this beating kids race thing, as I know there are parents (b & w) that beats their kids for whatever reason, and race have nothing to do with it. There are white women, black women, white men and black men that deals with their issues raising their hand towards kids and if you ask me those people should be neutered, full stop.

Joe and KJ are not better than those parents what makes their kids to go on beauty pageant at young age, no better than Lindsey Lohan's parents, no better than Elisabeth T parents, no better than Britney S parents not better than any parent who wants to make money off their kids. They all have common nominator = they want money, and they sold their kids well being for money. KJ et all have nerve to go around suing other people for not looking after their son. Despicable.

Please explain to me how this isn't abuse:

Michael Jackson describes in graphic detail how his father made beating him "a ritual" in interview tapes recorded by his spritual adviser Rabbi Shmuley Boteach.

Jackson said his father made him get naked and would then put oil on him before hitting him with an electrical cord on his face and back. Jackson said it hurt so bad it was like he was "dying." He said he "hated" his father for that.
Boteach recorded the interviews for the book he has released called "The Michael Jackson Tapes."

The thing is Joe decided he needed an excuse to explain the beatings, so came up with this lame story about beating the kids to keep them out of jail, etc. I don't understand why anyone bought this explanation because it makes no sense. I guess after he sees all these people making money writing or filming about Michael like Gest, Sullivan, the bodyguards, Jermaine, he feels it is time for him to come out with a book or film. Maybe he feels if they could make money off his dead son, he being the father could make money too.

About whether he loves Michael, I think he does. When Michael talked about him bringing him the doughnuts in the Oxford speech, you see that this man really loved Michael. Yet even though he loved him he scarred him emotionally and physically, but I doubt Joe set out to scar Michael. He was just an abusive man who used the whip to control, for discipline, & for conformity. I know it is hard for people to conceive this, but millions of parents love their children, but still do harmful things to them, although the level of harm is different. Not listening to a child and placing them in an inappropriate educational setting, for example, can harm the child even though it is not the same as beating, and both parents will tell you they love the child and they actually do. They do what they think is the best, although it is not the best.

If he is talking about making Michael, why is he doing the usual thing of talking to all these other people. Why doesn't he just show what he did to "make" Michael, and just leave it as a father-son team. These documentaries with a bunch of people just talking about Michael is becoming repetitive.

Please explain to me how this isn't abuse:
Jackson said his father made him get naked and would then put oil on him before hitting him with an electrical cord on his face and back. Jackson said it hurt so bad it was like he was "dying." He said he "hated" his father for that.

That is not just abuse, Joe Jackson was/is sick pervert.

It seems Joe really did get amusement out of torturing his children. That makes him a very sick man and Katherine extremely sick woman to allow it. Now Joe is trying to use the same tactic as Conrad Murray and re-write the history of his abuse so he can redeem himself in the eyes of the public.

^^Joe just does not think the beatings was a problem. It seems he never will. He will make excuses about him being beaten too, that was what he was taught back in the day, how his other boys did not suffer from it, and the usual excuses. He does not realize that children are not the same and they don't react to such behaviors in the same way. The other brothers joke about it, but Michael never joked about it. For Michael this is horrible abuse, and it is. I wish one day he would admit that what he did was wrong, but we are dealing with Joe here and he seems the type that get an idea in the head and will not bend easily.

The other brothers joke about it, but Michael never joked about it.

The other brothers started joking about it when they started beating their own children. Siggy said that Jackie whipped him with a belt, Margaret talked about Jermaine beating their children, Randy was arrested for beating his wife and baby... So of course now they can't say that what Joe did was wrong.

:wtf: Tell me, in what context is it ok to berate a child by calling him UGLY? Emotionally scarring a child isn't "discipline" and neither is physical abuse. What is it exactly that Joe "sacrificed" to raise his children? NOTHING! It is a parents' duty to give their best, do their best, go above and beyond to nurture and protect the lives they CHOSE to bring into this world.

As for the 'keeping their kids out of the streets, out of jail because of the times, lack of opportunities and their race' is a crock, sorry. Unless one thinks that the only fate for Black people (other than prison or the cemetery) is entertainment and/or sports, then that thinking is twisted in the worst possible way! I'm a few months older than Janet, black and my father never crushed our spirits or demeaned us; he showed us love and affection along with giving us discipline (when we needed it, which wasn't that often). My parents were also people of strong faith and took their parenting responsibilities to heart until the day they died.

All black fathers aren't vicariously living through their children and aren't hiding behind a twisted view of what it means to be a strong black man/head of the household.

I find it hilarious how everyone twisted words to imply how wrong I am...For one, I agreed with most about the ugly thing, I simply said we don't know in what context it was said, I followed that up with, that action being "terrible within itself"..But excuse me for not pretending like I was in the Jackson household or around them all the time to assume that it may have been something vicious or not.

Secondly, you telling me those weren't among some of the only options for African American's during that time? When the world was still rife with the civil rights movement, you're telling me Joe's decisions had no impact on what his children became? The fact is, we weren't given the opportunities we were back then, that we are now, that's just the simple fact of the matter. Would it have been possible for Michael Jackson with no Joe to go on and become a successful business entrepreneur? Entirely. Yet highly unlikely. What do you mean what did Joe sacrifice? He sacrificed everything, he also gave up on his job, his chance of feeding his wife and his family, in order to ensure his children had a better life than he did.

Whoopings happen, getting beat while you're naked with a belt, happens. A lot of us call it parenting. And not everyone has to agree with how you raise your children, but when you've managed to keep your kids out of negative situations thus molding them to be successful, positive individuals, nobody has the right to tell you, you do not love your children. Which is exactly what's going on in this thread, which is exactly the only thing I spoke against in that post. I don't agree with Joe's tactics, nowhere in that post did I even state that I did. However, I'm not going to sit here, and spew through my teeth that Joe Jackson didn't love Michael nor mourn for his son. When the former, has been disproven by Michael himself later on in his life. And everyone mourns differently, Joe Jackson is clearly a man who will not let his emotions be seen in public. So again, excuse me for not following the bandwagon.

And at Victory22, what the hell does being African American have to do with not labeling Joe Jackson as an "unloving parent"? For one, while there MIGHT be millions of African American fathers in America who have sacrificed for their kids, there are still millions of African American fathers who skip out on their families, and that number probably outweighs those who stick around. If that wasn't the case, America and African Americans would not have this problem where statistically the average African American household the father is absent. Look it up, I'm not lying to you. Because something is that way for YOU, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone, or even the majority, because to this very day, in 2014, that is certainly not the case. That's great your father took you to the beach whenever you acted out....Because that works for you, and made you listen, it doesn't work for everyone else. And again, we are nobody to say that Joe didn't love his kids because he beat them. Spankings, whether it was via hands or a belt, and those welt marks were received, turned me into a pretty decent human being, knowing what's right and whats wrong. Yet I later realized as I got older, that these things were done for the better, so that I would listen and understand what was acceptable and what wasn't, so I could know how to treat people, and how I shouldn't, and it was done out of LOVE, regardless of how much I cried or how much it hurt me at the time. Apparently taking you to the beach was your solution. You gonna sit here and tell me that my mother, grandmother & grandfather didn't love me because they opted for stronger acts of discipline? Hell with that.

@ Bubs, again, statistically the majority of gang members and drug dealers come from broken households. These are statistical facts, so what are you saying? Of course there's still drug dealers and gang bangers, because there are still men out there, thinking shit is a game, impregnating girls, and then not being able to handle their responsibilities and walking out on their families. So why wouldn't there still be gang members and drug dealers?

Bottomline is this, I don't agree with the extent to which Joe went to "discipline" his children. But I'm not going to criticize someone opting to discipline their kids, not mine, their kids, with a spanking via your hands or a belt. Simply because I know for a fact, the non-violent, "go sit in the corner and think about what you did" approach does NOT work for all children. I'm also not going to sit here and say Joe didn't love his son or mourn for his death. I don't like Joe Jackson, I'm not a fan of Joe Jackson, I wouldn't care if Joe dropped dead today. But I believe that he did love all of his kids, including Michael.

Last edited:
What do you mean what did Joe sacrifice? He sacrificed everything, he also gave up on his job, his chance of feeding his wife and his family, in order to ensure his children had a better life than he did.

I have a problem with this. He didn't give up his job for his kids. He gave up his job for the Jackson 5. There's a difference. He didn't get a better job. He didn't move his family to a different town because it offered more opportunities for him and Kate. He moved them to California for the Jackson 5. Those kids were forced to do without food so Joe could buy musical equipment. Kate made their clothes for the same reason. There was a lot of things they gave up to be the Jackson 5.
They didn't have to become rich or famous to get away from gangs. They didn't have to become rich or famous to stay out of prison. There's a right way and a wrong way to raise your children. Joe got it wrong.
The rest of his children are spoiled, needy, greedy, rude, selfish, violent, backstabbing. None of them take care of themselves or the kids they have. None of them have tried getting a real job and just being a normal person. Joe created money hungry fame whores. He didn't even have a real job during the Jackson 5 days. He was their "manager". He got a piece of the pie. All he knows is how to take from everyone around him.

There's a reason Michael didn't let himself or his children around his dad, even if he had forgiven him.

You can forgive, but you don't have to forget or let those things keep happening.

For one, I agreed with most about the ugly thing, I simply said we don't know in what context it was said

Michael's brothers called him "Big Nose" too, but Michael never said anything about that, he only talked about Joe. I think it's because he understood the difference between someone teasing you and someone trying to hurt you.

Would it have been possible for Michael Jackson with no Joe to go on and become a successful business entrepreneur? Entirely. Yet highly unlikely.

Any other father could have done what Joe did. It's not that hard to book gigs when you have a super talented child. It's not that hard to stand and watch as the children rehearse. Maybe if Michael had had a different father, that father would have seen the potential in Michael just like Joe did, but without using a whip.

What do you mean what did Joe sacrifice? He sacrificed everything, he also gave up on his job, his chance of feeding his wife and his family, in order to ensure his children had a better life than he did.

He gave up his job and made his children work in his stead, I'm sure poor Joe suffered a lot from that. Michael is the one who sacrificed everything so his family could eat. He's the one who was doing the hard work. There's something very wrong when your young child is the one providing for the family. Joe even told his children, "If you guys ever stop singing, I'll drop you like a hot potato." In other words, he was telling them right to their face that the only reason why he didn't abandon his family was because they were making him money. This right here makes me think that Joe was mostly using his kids so that HE could have a better life, not them.

And not everyone has to agree with how you raise your children, but when you've managed to keep your kids out of negative situations thus molding them to be successful, positive individuals, nobody has the right to tell you, you do not love your children.

Hum, didn't Randy get arrested for beating his wife and baby? Didn't he get shot by Tina Turner for breaking into her house? Didn't Margaret call the police many times because of Jermaine's violence? Didn't Hazel call the police because Jermaine tried to rape her? Didn't Enid call the police because Jackie broke into her house after their divorce? Aren't almost all the brothers deadbeat dads and unfaithful husbands?

Yeah, not that impressed with Joe's parenting... Well most of his kids sure turned out just like him, thank God Michael didn't...

Spankings, whether it was via hands or a belt, and those welt marks were received, turned me into a pretty decent human being, knowing what's right and whats wrong. Yet I later realized as I got older, that these things were done for the better, so that I would listen and understand what was acceptable and what wasn't, so I could know how to treat people, and how I shouldn't, and it was done out of LOVE, regardless of how much I cried or how much it hurt me at the time. Apparently taking you to the beach was your solution. You gonna sit here and tell me that my mother, grandmother & grandfather didn't love me because they opted for stronger acts of discipline? Hell with that.

Michael's mother and his grandparents also spanked him. Michael never said anything about it because he understood the difference between those spankings for discipline and Joe's undeserved violent beatings. Joe was violent enough that Katherine, who also believed in spankings, felt the need to scream at him "Stop it, you're gonna kill him!" When Joe strangled Michael because he was crying and feeling guilty when he came home from tours, it was not out of love. It was because he didn't want Michael to tell his mother about the strip clubs and his cheating on her.

But I'm not going to criticize someone opting to discipline their kids, not mine, their kids, with a spanking via your hands or a belt.

I think it's fair to criticize someone for using a belt on a kid who didn't even do anything to deserve punishment. Like a missed dance step? I don't think that has anything in common with the spankings you received from your parents.

However, I'm not going to sit here, and spew through my teeth that Joe Jackson didn't love Michael nor mourn for his son.

I 100% agree with you on that. Only Joe really knows what he feels for Michael. Some people end up killing someone they love just because they can't control their anger. And other people have a strange way of expressing their love to the point that one could argue that it's not really love. But whether Joe loved Michael or not, he was still a terrible father. And regardless of whether he loved him or not in his heart, Michael said he never felt love from him (at least not back when he was a kid).

Last edited:
@WhoIsIt89
What the hell does being African American have to do with labeling Joe Jackson an unloving parent? I’m the same African American person who labels slave masters who beat their slaves like animals unloving, brutal, money grubbing cowards. What the hell does not calling out that sort of inhuman savagery got to do with being African American? The slave masters justification for whipping his "property" was the same as Joe’s. They wanted to train good, obedient slaves who wouldn’t give them or society (at the time) any trouble.

The President of the United States (Mr. Obama) was one of those black kids you mentioned whose father abandoned him and he did ok without being beaten like a dog. So did Jamie Fox, Kevin Hart, Samuel L. Jackson, Sean Comb, Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy. Funny all of Joe’s beatings didn’t teach Jermaine and Randy to pay their child support and keep their hands off their wives and kids or were they trying to keep their kids off the pampered, safe rich community streets also?

Victory22;4027249 said:
@WhoIsIt89
What the hell does being African American have to do with labeling Joe Jackson an unloving parent? I’m the same African American person who labels slave masters who beat their slaves like animals unloving, brutal, money grubbing cowards. What the hell does not calling out that sort of inhuman savagery got to do with being African American? The slave masters justification for whipping his "property" was the same as Joe’s. They wanted to train good, obedient slaves who wouldn’t give them or society (at the time) any trouble.

The President of the United States (Mr. Obama) was one of those black kids you mentioned whose father abandoned him and he did ok without being beaten like a dog. So did Jamie Fox, Kevin Hart, Samuel L. Jackson, Sean Comb, Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy. Funny all of Joe’s beatings didn’t teach Jermaine and Randy to pay their child support and keep their hands off their wives and kids or were they trying to keep their kids off the pampered, safe rich community streets also?

Amen, girl! ANYONE and I mean ANYONE that justifies Joe's twisted "discipline" of his kids (Mike, specifically) is full of SHIT! Both of us gave personal examples of loving, black fathers that DIDN'T beat their children, yet some are still brainwashed into thinking that it's ok. And like you posted earlier, that cycle must be broken. My sisters' husbands didn't beat their children, nor did they quit their jobs and make their CHILDREN SUPPORT THE FAMILY.

Joseph Jackson is no hero, nor is he anyone special because his child is (in spite of the messed up way he was brought up). Michael stands out head and shoulders above the rest of his f'd up "family" because he was blessed by a higher power (whether people call it a god, a gift, space aliens, whatever) that could not, WOULD NOT be denied.

Last edited:
Victory22 thank you ^^ I have no patience for those who equate Joe's negative behavior with the color of his skin.

About this idea that if Michael did not have Joe he would not be this talented person--well Joe had other sons and they did not come out like Michael. I remember listening to this guy who worked with the J5 say little Michael would come to him to ask him to tell the brothers to stop playing and come back to practice. This shows that Michael was disciplined Internally and could govern and structure his work. He did not need a Joe cracking a whip. He knew within himself what needed to be done and how practice sharpens skills. I am not saying Joe did not help but this idea that without Joe Michael would not have made it I find hard to believe.

Joe was working I think in a factory and gave that up to manage his children. that management position was more lucrative financially & socially than what he was doing before, so let's not act as though he gave up all his great dreams, aspirations and the great job he loved for his family's sake. Joe had a choice--he could have still managed his children without the abuse, violence, and ridicule, but he chose to use those elements as a form of parenting skill.

Amen, girl! ANYONE and I mean ANYONE that justifies Joe's twisted "discipline" of his kids (Mike, specifically) is full of SHIT! Both of us gave personal examples of loving, black fathers that DIDN'T beat their children, yet some are still brainwashed into thinking that it's ok. And like you posted earlier, that cycle must be broken. My sisters' husbands didn't beat their children, nor did they quit their jobs and make their CHILDREN SUPPORT THE FAMILY.

Joseph Jackson is no hero, nor is he anyone special because his child is (in spite of the messed up way he was brought up). Michael stands out head and shoulders above the rest of his f'd up "family" because he was blessed by a higher power (whether people call it a god, a gift, space aliens, whatever) that could not, WOULD NOT be denied.

Tell it Sheila! The truth shall set free and shame all abusers. :clapping:

Tell it Sheila! The truth shall set free and shame all abusers. :clapping:

Hey, I don't suffer fools gladly (I had to go full DIVA), lol! "Tell the truth and shame the :devil: " is a favorite motto of mine.

My father was older than Joe and didn't treat us horribly. My uncles didn't treat their kids like Joe treated his, either. Never in my LIFE have I ever heard of a kid being stripped down, oiled, then beaten with an extension cord. . . WHAT THE F*CK?!! That is some sick ass shit right there! Beating a kid because he missed a DANCE STEP? That's not a father: that's a monster!

Whodoesthat_zps038e35f7.jpg

LOL! I've been black all my life and I've never heard any sh-t like oiling a naked child down and whipping them with an ironing cord until they are covered head to toe either. That’s the kind of medieval torture you hear about in some far away country ruled by a crazy military dictatorship.

Victory22;4027281 said:
LOL! I've been black all my life and I've never heard any sh-t like oiling a naked child down and whipping them with an ironing cord until they are covered head to toe either. That’s the kind of medieval torture you hear about in some far away country ruled by a crazy military dictatorship.

IKR!! That sounds like some Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes, Idi Amin Dada, Hitler, Saddam Hussein and Pol Pot madness, for REAL. :wtf:

Even when clips of Mike describing how he felt about those beatings was played for Joe (in that trailer), he laughed it off and had a smile/smirk on his face!

Joe be like. . .

Fridaybringupoldshit_zps45ca93d8.jpg

Research shows for many years now that you better do not beat if you want to have a good relationship with your child.

What bothers me most is when ppl discuss this as if there's only extremes... like when you do not beat your children you're not setting boundaries and if you do beat your child you do so cuz you love it.
But also if someone was beating their children it happens out of love.

Most ppl beating (not only parents beating their children) are simply (sorry but...) helpless and too stupid to find alternative ways for whatever they want to achieve!

That's like an offence to every intelligent person I'd say.

Research says clearly, beating your children doesn't do them any good. Joes mind is obviously too limited... I hope fans mind is not... there is no acceptable excuse for it ever.

However Michael forgave him long ago... says a lot about Michael... nothing good about Joe though.

SheilaMJFan4Ever;4027280 said:
Never in my LIFE have I ever heard of a kid being stripped down, oiled, then beaten with an extension cord. . . WHAT THE F*CK?!! That is some sick ass shit right there! Beating a kid because he missed a DANCE STEP? That's not a father: that's a monster!

Whodoesthat_zps038e35f7.jpg

Victory22;4027281 said:

Yes, and let's not forget the stories from Tito & Jackie (Margaret's book), Marlon (interviews), as well as Janet & LaToya (from their books).

Tito Jackson: "Joseph used to whip me with an ironing cord and then pour salt into the wounds.”

Jackie Jackson: “I mean, if you knew you had a beating the next morning, you couldn’t sleep at night. We were scared of him – all of us. Especially when I was little. We would all try hard in school and if we got bad grades, he would line us up on our knees and hit us. I remember we studied the time tables on Saturdays and we’d be shaking. Even if we knew them, we’d be shaking ’cause you’re thinking about the beating if you miss one. And if you did, he’d get a switch off a tree and pull down your pants. “He was hard on us, all right. Too hard. I always thought maybe he was upset ’cause he worked so hard and he was taking it out on us a little bit. My father was the type of guy, he never showed us love. He loved us, but he never showed it.”“He never put his arms around us and said, ‘Son, I love you.’ My father never said, ‘I love you,’ ever, to any of us. I never got that from him.”

Marlon Jackson: Joseph held Michael upside down by one leg at the age of three and “pummeled him over and over again with his hand, hitting him on his back and buttocks.”Marlon also said he himself would “get lit up like a Christmas tree” by Joseph.

Janet Jackson:"It was always difficult talking to my father, who made us call him Joseph, not Dad...I can't remember what rule I had disobeyed, but I had just stepped out of the bathtub when he struck me with his belt. It left marks on my skin. It's interesting that I don't recall the lesson my father was trying to teach, only the violence he used to make his point."

LaToya Jackson: "Joseph kept a cache of loaded weapons under his bed and in his closets. Mother objected strongly, especially since he’d once accidentally shot out his brother in law’s eye during a hunting trip... He ignored her, taking perverse pleasure in aiming at one of us and squeezing the trigger. Click. What if he’d forgotten to empty the chamber? 'Joseph,' Mother would scold, 'suppose something’s in it?''Katie, I checked; nothing’s in it,' he’d reply, then laugh out loud."

According to Margaret (Jermaine's ex), guns remained an issue. "Despite his age and deteriorating physical condition, his children still lived in fear of their father because of his explosive temper and the collection of guns he kept upstairs underneath his bed and in his closet....He would charge up the stairs, and we never knew when he might be bringing down a loaded gun and start firing."

Last edited:
DC10;4027297 said:
Marlon Jackson: Joseph held Michael upside down by one leg at the age of three and “pummeled him over and over again with his hand, hitting him on his back and buttocks.”Marlon also said he himself would “get lit up like a Christmas tree” by Joseph.

Obviously Michael, at the age of three (3), was hanging on the street corners and was on verge of becoming a gang member :black_eye: thus Joe's discipline actions.

I cannot imagine what 3 year old kid could have done in order to receive that kind of beating? 3 years old are still in diapers, and there isn't that much they can do anyways?

Anyway, Joe is not the only one who is to blame, these tidbits are from KJ's own book:
" I favor corporal punishment -- even for a fifteen-year-old."
"Occasionally, I felt that he hit the kids too hard, or too long. In those circumstances I would ask him to ease up."

Obviously oiling down a kid, beating him up and then pouring salt to injuries wasn't too hard nor too long in KJ's mind if she didn't stop that.

Last edited:
Back