Favorite pre-chorus?

This Time Around (right after Biggie's rap and Michael gets into it too lol)

That's a decent argument actually. The song is actually incredibly unique in that way. That and In The Closet. They're just spoken word parts though, that's different from verses.
Not really. Those spoken segments are the verses. The pre-choruses are what @analogue said.

This Time Around (right after Biggie's rap and Michael gets into it too lol)
This Time Around does not have a pre-chorus, and not even a bridge, for that matter. It is just verse and chorus, and the chorus is more or less the same as the verse.

Awesome song, by the way.

I never realized people had so many different definitions of what's a pre-chorus or not.

And by that i mean, i never knew so many people didn't know what a pre-chorus is, except for me of course, only my interpretation is the correct one.

I never realized people had so many different definitions of what's a pre-chorus or not.

And by that i mean, i never knew so many people didn't know what a pre-chorus is, except for me of course, only my interpretation is the correct one.
Et tu, Pre chorus?

I’d say “Is It Scary” for me, ending with “so let the performance start”

Blood on the Dancefloor

To escape the world, I've got to enjoy that simple dance
And it seemed that everything was on my side
(Blood on my side)
She seemed sincere like it was love and true romance
And now, she's out to get me
But I just can't take it
Just can't break it

When he breaks out into these almost desperate lines after "growling" the first verse! :oops: :eek:
Gets me every time

Great shout brother. Deeply underrated pre chorus.

I'm going to go with Another Part Of Me, I love the song massively, I never tire of it, a lot of that is to do with that amazing pre chorus, the build up to that chorus is like lift off in F18. Then it leads to the best pay off in music...You're just Another Part Of Me
Yes, yes!

APOM is what I always call "my secret favourite song" by Michael. Why secret? I don´t exactly know, maybe because I have a hard time naming my absolute favourite MJ song. And my brain always says "Billie Jean", but my heart smiles when I just think of APOM. ♥️

Also: I think pre-chorus and bridge are being used interchangeably in describing song structure. Right off the bat, I would say "bridge" is more used when talking about popular music.

But I will do some research. This is interesting ...

IT'S THE FALLING IN LOVE.

No matter how it starts, it ends the same
Someone's always doing someone more
Trading in the passion for that taste of pain
It's only gonna happen again

Back