Focus Focus Focus please..

Ape

Guests
On what is important

Let us not fall under all this weight of news reports from every angle meaning nothing.

You remember what Michael stood for right? You remember what all was so important to him? Let's continue on with his work.

Let us turn this anger into sadness
Let us turn this sadness into mourning
Let us turn this mourning into REMEMBRANCE
Let us turn the remembrance into ADMIRATION
Let us turn the admiration into INSPIRATION
Let us turn the inspiration into PASSION
Let us turn this passion into ACTION
Let us turn this action into CHANGE
and change into healing and caring and loving and reaching out
Healing for the world and every single person in it.

You know that if each person on this earth turned towards another to help them out, and that person would turn towards another to help, and so on and so on, there would be not one of us left behind. I don't want to hear how it isn't possible. It IS possible with action. it IS possible with love and with that first step.

We have to stop looking for a savior. We already got that. We need action now from every one of us. I don't care which Country you live in, what ethnicity you are, what religion you are, what age you are, what colour. We need a rainbow. We need us all.

Maybe we want answers. We want direction. We want a leader. We have to stop waiting for these things. We don't have time.

Why are we drawn to Michael? What do we love him for? It's not just the gold pants. We love him for all that he stood for. We love him for bringing us all together. Don't you want to make him proud? Don't you believe in what he was trying to tell the world? If you do, it's time to take action. Turn his dream into reality. Now is the next step. We've all heard the message. It's burned in our hearts.

Don't be afraid to reach out to help another. We can't keep getting stifled by fear. Now I don't mean anything stupid. You still have to be careful sure.. but people don't have to be the enemy. And often times those people are worth the sacrifice. They are worth taking a chance on, or just the act in and of itself is worth it. Yes sometimes we get burned, but to let that stop us is the tragedy. If Michael stopped caring after 1993, there would be so many who wouldn't have been helped. He helped so many people after then. And on top of that, he wouldn't have been such a great man. He would have been mediocre. I am glad he was great.

You have extra food in the fridge that you won't be eating? Go on and bring it to someone who is in need. Bring it to a single mom, or someone without a home. Sure there are scams and con artists, but we can't be afraid of the possibility of being taken advantage of. I want to help others. If you look inside your hearts, to hear his voice you might get it.

Just try listening. Look for a need. Do what you can to fill that need. You hear that small voice inside you urging you to phone someone from work who looked sad today, call them. You feel an urge to say hi to that lonely person sitting in the corner alone, go say hi, give them a smile. You want to donate those clothes in the back of your closet, go find someone in need, hand them over. You feel bad buying individually packaged food, start buying fresh. I mean.. really it can be that simple. We have to start somewhere right? The answer isn't in more consumption and greed. The answer isn't me me me. The answer is WE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a post that contains more information on how to start, and a link to Michael's accomplishments in his humanitarian work, as was suggested to post by johnmj.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2117636&postcount=30

I think I will also add to this first post some information on where to start, for those of us who feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start. There is plenty of information already in the posts of this thread. Please read and familiarize yourself with the ideas in the posts, and add your own. I want this thread to be inspirational in making a positive difference in this world. The world is worth it! ..and so are you.

Last edited:
Great ! I think the same way Ape. I m at "Action" you know I donated my clothes last month. My employer, friends and I going to donate a lot of things to children in another province on September. He is a big role model for my life .. i will continue doing what he taught me.

"What do we love him for? It's not just the gold pants." :) haha Yeah Yeah not just the gold pants but really love gold pants :D

On what is important

Let us not fall under all this weight of news reports from every angle meaning nothing.

You remember what Michael stood for right? You remember what all was so important to him? Let's continue on with his work.

You know that if each person on this earth turned towards another to help them out, and that person would turn towards another to help, and so on and so on, there would be not one of us left behind. I don't want to hear how it isn't possible. It IS possible with action. it IS possible with love and with that first step.

We have to stop looking for a savior. We already got that. We need action now from every one of us. I don't care which Country you live in, what ethnicity you are, what religion you are, what age you are, what colour. We need a rainbow. We need us all.

Maybe we want answers. We want direction. We want a leader. We have to stop waiting for these things. We don't have time.

Why are we drawn to Michael? What do we love him for? It's not just the gold pants. We love him for all that he stood for. We love him for bringing us all together. Don't you want to make him proud? Don't you believe in what he was trying to tell the world? If you do, it's time to take action. Turn his dream into reality. Now is the next step. We've all heard the message. It's burned in our hearts.

Don't be afraid to reach out to help another. We can't keep getting stifled by fear. Now I don't mean anything stupid. You still have to be careful sure.. but people don't have to be the enemy. And often times those people are worth the sacrifice. They are worth taking a chance on, or just the act in and of itself is worth it. Yes sometimes we get burned, but to let that stop us is the tragedy. If Michael stopped caring after 1993, there would be so many who wouldn't have been helped. He helped so many people after then. And on top of that, he wouldn't have been such a great man. He would have been mediocre. I am glad he was great.

You have extra food in the fridge that you won't be eating? Go on and bring it to someone who is in need. Bring it to a single mom, or someone without a home. Sure there are scams and con artists, but we can't be afraid of the possibility of being taken advantage of. I want to help others. If you look inside your hearts, to hear his voice you might get it.

Just try listening. Look for a need. Do what you can to fill that need. You hear that small voice inside you urging you to phone someone from work who looked sad today, call them. You feel an urge to say hi to that lonely person sitting in the corner alone, go say hi, give them a smile. You want to donate those clothes in the back of your closet, go find someone in need, hand them over. You feel bad buying individually packaged food, start buying fresh. I mean.. really it can be that simple. We have to start somewhere right? The answer isn't in more consumption and greed. The answer isn't me me me. The answer is WE.
beautiful post ape,

Going to best I can to follow in his mission to heal the world and sharing what he was all about. It breaks my heart to be in another dimension then Michael is in. I cant be where Michael is now or get to him but we all can make him happy by following his message by loving others and giving back to others. We will be with him in eternity forever when our work here is done.

The thing is I feel so guilty to be alive and hes not. It hurts alot. Living all these years without Michael it will be tough. I mean he has always been there for me.
I'll always support him. In the mean time.. I can carry his legacy on for a little while until we meet in heaven.

A beautiful post indeed! I've been contemplating myself on the best way for me to carry on Michael's legacy. It definitely was more than just the music, though the music is a large part of it. But I feel more than ever that I should be out helping someone somewhere. I'm definitely going to start doing something that will make a difference for the better in this world. It's was Michael's reason for being here and it's what God wants from each and everyone of us. :yes:

i donate to charities regularly. its a great way of just giving to others. if people are feeling sad or depressed my advice is just give stuff you no longer use to others. it can make the world of difference. doesnt even have to be much, a pair of jeans, some books, maybe some canned foods. there are so many people who will appreciate your generosity.

or just give toys or comics, because there are kids who visit charities too!

Michael really has inspired me. I mean truely brought so many good things in my life. And I've constantly thought how do I thank him. This will be my way to thank him. Im going to sponsor a child.

thats a really great way to help others. theres so many children out there who dont have shelter or enough food to eat. a few weeks after michael died i donated a sizeable chunk of my mj collection to charity because it was upsetting me looking at it. the magazines i donated sold for $5. the books sold for $10 and kids snapped up the t-shirts i donated so that was very very cool. all the mj stuff went within the first hour of it being put out. people accumulate alot of stuff during their life and most of it ends up being clutter so i often urge people to do regular cleanouts and just donate because so many people (including kids) are homeless and they rely on shelter and that pair of jeans you dont use anymore or that jacket can make the world of difference to someone being cold and or warm enough for the night.

Michael really has inspired me. I mean truely brought so many good things in my life. And I've constantly thought how do I thank him. This will be my way to thank him. Im going to sponsor a child.

would be a good idea to maybe have michaels best loved charities links on this forum,that way we all know which ones were close too michaels heart and we can donate. :clap:

Great post and the same as they way I've been thinking, the other day I had this as my facebook status:

"If life feels a struggle and not much makes sense,do something good like helping someone else-even if its helping an elderly person off the bus with shopping.The only answer to bad times is to put some good back in the world.2 wrongs never make a right however unfair life is :)"

I have been through bad tough times too(such as long periods of ill health and bankruptcy) so I understand how hard it is to smile and reach out when inside you don't feel alive, but I find by helping others it wakens you up makes you feel more alive. Listening to 'Another Part of Me' makes me feel empowered :)

I also plan to donate to 1 or 2 charities on his birthday.

You know, I love threads like this. There should be more! It brings me so much comfort and hope. I feel that I can see a light when I read about how everyone wants to make a difference. It's beatufuil and we have Michael to thank for it. He really brought us all together and that's amazing - he is such an amazing human being and I am so grateful - blessed to have been able to learn from him, and to gain wisdom and knowledge. It's so incredible the way he has impacted on my life and made me who I am. I can't even begin to explain the love I feel for him...I will never stop loving him. It's so important to keep giving and reaching out, we can't stop...we can't. I know it can be so hard. I've been through a lot and there have been times where I've felt like giving up...it's hard to keep the faith in humankind when you keep getting hurt over and over again! It can seem pointless and it can seem like you're not making any difference but we always are. Michael is so inspirational - he has been through everything and he just kept opening up his beatufuil heart and giving more, loving and living...I want to be like that. I know that we can make a difference, standing together as one..MICHAEL'S ARMY OF LOVE!!

You can change the world
(I can't do it by myself)
You can touch the sky
(Gonna take somebody's help)
You're the chosen one
(I'm gonna need some kind of sign)
If we all cry at the same time tonight

Yes, Yes, Yes. Great post I said it before in another thread if we all found one of his chairty and work for it we would keep his legacy alive and we could be the change. His music was the message the music and the message are not separate. Take action find something, someone, and someplace to make the change. I have sign up to work for Ronald MacDonald House this was my promise to Michael that I will make that changes.

Thank You Ape for such a great post and reminder that we can still do something.
We can make him happy even now.

Wonderful post and message. I want to be a better person because of Michael. I want to be able to change the world, even if it's just in a small way. The truth is I had felt that way a while back. There was a time when I genuinely wanted to change the world. But something happened where I stopped feeling that. I didn't care as much. I became really cynical and just felt closed off to people. I always wanted to see a change happen, but lost faith in wanting to bring that about. I always wanted to stop corruption because I was sick of it, and I still am. Now that Michael has passed away, and it is unfortunate that this only came about because of that event, I want to feel more compassionate about the world again. His songs really inspire me and I believe in them wholeheartedly. The more I listen to them, the more I want to do something and just be out there. His songs fill me with such powerful emotions. I've always just kind of lacked the courage to make change possible, so I want to eventually not be afraid and try to get past my own obstacles and anxieties.

Thank you everyone for responding to this, and to those who've read it and taken it to heart. We truly can make a difference. We have to make a difference...and in fact each of us do make a difference one way or another in all that we do whether we are aware of it or not.

I'm so glad that people have been posting the ways that they've made a difference. It gives inspiration to others to do the same. Please don't worry about tooting your own horn or looking for accolades for works done. It is very noble to do them anonymously, but it's also nice to hear what's being done so we all can know how possible it is to do. It's within Everyone's reach to make a positive difference in the world. You just have to choose to.

Thank you for your true and beautiful posting, ape. Some weeks ago I had the feeling that I have to make a change, because loving Michael's songs is one thing, understanding them is another.

I work in a café since about 3 months and in the evenings, they use to throw the food away which can't be sold the next day and which is not taken away by other employees. So I decided to give it a try and bring it to homeless people. I wasn't really sure, if they actually want to get food instead of money and I was prepared for a "No, thanks", but it wasn't like that. I asked them if they'd want the food and they were really happy and thankfully.
So whenever I work (about 2-3 times a week, besides school), I take the not-sold food with me and actually I give it to either a man and a woman who use to sit on the street near the Koelner Dom (Cologne) or to a woman with a dog who sits in another corner near the Koelner Dom.

I also applied for a sponsorchip for a child. There's an organisation which works together with schools and whenever the teachers think that there's a child who's looking sad or is very quiet, they tell the organisation and they try to find a person who visits the child once a week for about 1-3 hours and plays with it or just spends time with the child, like a big brother or sister. I think in one or two weeks they'll know which child I'm going to visit weekly and let me know.

Last week I had a quite annoying email-discussion with the founder of a charity-organisation I used to support. He had published a message on his website, "My thoughts the day Michael Jackson was buried". That guy is called Michael, too, and he went like "We only have the name in common. If Michael Jackson would have used his popularity better, his songs like "Heal the world" could have been more than empty words.
I sent him an email with a list of Michaels activities for charity (not only the donations, but also the visits in hospitals, his speeches and so on) and told him that I find his message derogative towards Michael. He replied and went like "Money isn't everything, he could have done much more". And this stupid person (sorry, but I just can't say anything else about him) kept to his opinion and when I asked him to tell me what Michael should have done better, besides all he did for more than 20 years, he replied "He would have had to be another person to help in a different way". That was the point when I was happy that he didn't want to go on discussing. He always signed his emails with "greetings from another part of the world" (he helps children and women in Sri Lanka), as if I was completely stupid and had no clue about what's going on in the world. He also said he wrote the text for the site in a short time, because he has so many important things to do in Sri Lanka. Still this isn't an excuse for publishing bullshit in my opinion)

But I wasn't upset for very long about this conversation, because knowing that it was Michael who inspired me to make a change in my own way of living, and knowing of others (like all of you who post in this thread here) who are inspired in the same way, is actually the best satisfaction I can get when I come across such ignorant people like that guy, because empty words would never make other people want to change their own lifes.

I think it's great to have a thread like this, where we can tell each other about our experiences with making a change in our own way of living. The more people make a change, the more effective it's gonna be alltogether.

Oh Ape dear,what a lovely,deep and so honest post.

Michael is soo much loving and caring for people.

I'm doing what i can,the best way i can,for me,for others,but also to honnor Michael that is so alive in me.

God bless you dear.HUGS

On what is important

Wonderful post!

we all know michael loved children and giving too there charities so that would be a good starting point.:baby:

I wanted to add some of the charitable works that Michael has done in his lifetime to give us an idea of what we can do or where we can donate, as was suggested by johnmj.

Here is an excellent overview of what Michael Jackson has accomplished and donated that is public (I'm sure there was plenty more that he had done privately that will never get recognition).
http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/ind...itable-activities&catid=35:writings&Itemid=59

I do want to put a warning out about the Heal the World foundation which is mentioned quite often in this website. It used to be a charity that Michael had something to do with (you can research that if you wish) but he closed it in 2004. Someone else bought the domain name and opened up their own charity which is not to be confused with his charity. I don't know if they are a true charity or a scam. I just know that it seems fishy to me. I would suggest researching that further before donating.

An article about the new Heal the World website (not sure if it is a real charity anymore or just capitalizing on MJ's name and work)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/11/cbsnews_investigates/main5234202.shtml
which should help.

ALSO.. please remember that it isn't necessary to donate to a charity to be helpful, though it is a nice place to begin. We can all start right now. Even giving people rep where you see they deserve it is a nice gesture that can boost someone's spirits on a possibly otherwise depressing day. Sometimes just changing your state of mind to be caring can make it automatic that you help others. If you want to take it further, there is no limit. You can accomplish more than you could ever imagine, and sometimes even more than you could dream. When you start, it can lead to other opportunities, and ideas that can really end up changing the world for the better. Don't think that you are too insignificant to make a big difference. History is filled with individuals who have made a world of difference. Believe in yourself, and believe in others. We CAN do it.

Edit: I've added more to the first post. Any suggestions on what you want on the first post, please feel free to add.

Last edited:
Back