For Translation teams: Information, organization and discussions thread

Chernoff asks how Shafer could know if CM used it in MJ's room. Shafer says because he needed a vented IV line. Shafer says the bottle had a spike tear but there was no needle hole in the Propofol bottle. If there had been a needle hole, CM could have used another IV tubing. Shafer says that as this bottle only had a spike tear, there had to be a vented IV line. Shafer says that this is the only vented IV line he saw in CM's orders and he had it shipped to California.

I think he _wanted_ to have it shipped to a residential address in California, but that raised a red flag at Sea Coast and they didn't ship it there.

Shafer also referenced Alberto Alvarez's statatement

Ok, this is funny.

P.S. I think I'm the only one left posting in here ... so I guess I can post whatever I want, when the cat's away ... I can play!

The "statatement" is, haha.

more "ta" , the merrier :) no?

Considering the "strategy" of the defense, if it is one, kudos to the poor ones in charge of the summaries... ;)

for the last few days I'm editing bouee's summaries. honestly yesterday I simply couldn't follow Chernoff.

Me neither. There were times when I was absolutely lost. So we'll have to face one week of this?

medical testimony is the worst because it requires you understand medical stuff.

hopefully they'll be better prepared in regards to the questions they'll ask to their own witnesses.

The medical stuff, I dont really mind. The going back and forth without a clear point is the worst. Flany and Chernoff are awful, and Gourjian is like a machine gun.

I just came across 2 German forums where they post our translations and don't seem to post the source. There was one board posting a link to the other board where someone had posted one of my translations without the source and they thanked this person for it. This is not very nice, you spend 6, 7, 8 hours per day sometimes with this and then some people just steal it ...

Milka, please contact the admin of the boards and demand that a link is posted for the source. Was it just your parts or did others got reposted as well without a source?

It's one of the those reasons why I actually signed the translations of one the Huffington Post articles with my name, jut in case the author objects to a translation in general. The Huffington Post article is a different story, but there's definitely a reason for signing one's translation.

The summaries are a different story, but your translation is your work. (by the way, I would really appreciate is if the summary writers could at least 'sign' their summary with an initial- their screenname- 'cause I can tell they are different people. Honestly, both summary writers and translators should perhaps sign with their screennames and we should start putting an obligatory "may be reposted with link to source" or something like that)

I would start with admin of that forum, definitely contact the admin.
It's not like anyone has a problem with reposting- that's why this being done- but pretending one did the work is not okay! You do sit there for hours- pretending one did the translation is not cool. Reposting is- but not without the source. People do that all the time- contacting boards because somebody posted their work without adequately posting the source.

Last edited:
I looked at the board a bit more, sometimes they seem to post the source and sometimes they don't. I will try to contact someone, I guess.

The "statatement" is, haha.

Hi Milka, no you're not alone in this thread , i read it , because I'm interested in translating in general . So since I "broke" into this thread, first a big hug to all the translators and Ivy, I realise how difficult it is, I wouldn' be able to do it, so a big big thank you for your work !

I have no problem with Ivy using my summaries, actually I'm glad if I can help save a litlle time. But believe me she's not cheating, she's actually working, because it must take time to correct them !

Just one detail, I believe "satatement" is my work, my creation, I am the ultimate expert on typos. Sometimes I don't even see some of them when I re read what I write. So if I can help with any typo related question, don't hesitate !!!

Well, I'm leaving this thread, and again thank you all for your work !

I don't even know how many typos I make in my translations. I just thought statatement sounded funny. ;)

And thank you for your summaries, I found them quite easy to translate.

we have 2 people that generally does the summaries - andjustice4some and me - and yes Pace, we have different styles and it's quite obvious that different people are doing the summaries :). ginvid helps us if it looks like we are falling behind. In the last week I have mainly used bouee's summaries - and I asked first :) - and I edit the sentences and sometimes add and/or remove from them. Bouee's summaries are really helpful as it helps to save time.

I'm okay with anyone signing their translations and or putting notices about copying - like Pace says it's actually an unique work- and we expected and wanted them to be copied and obviously referencing the source is a courtesy. Let me know if there's anything that I can do.

I don't even know how many typos I make in my translations. I just thought statatement sounded funny. ;)

And thank you for your summaries, I found them quite easy to translate.

Hey, half the time my eyes can't even detect if I left an English sentence in it... It all becomes one language in your brain!
:bugeyed:

Bouee's summaries are really helpful as it helps to save time.

Thank you !!! :blush:

About the problem with the German forum ... I contacted the admin and it's sorted out. I also added "uebersetzt von Milka fuer MJJC" to my translations ("translated by Milka for MJJC") and I'll add this to all my future translations (I really hope the trial will be over this week though, not so much because of the translations, but it's getting really hard to watch). Maybe I should have done that from the start in case people forget to post the source.

just added the afternoon part, morning will be several hours later,

sorry I'm working alone today and wasn't feeling well last night

just added the afternoon part, morning will be several hours later,

sorry I'm working alone today and wasn't feeling well last night

No need to apologize, you've been doing an amazing job. Thanks to you and the team.

ivy, in yesterday's summary, you mean October 24, not 23.

absolutely

No need to apologize, you've been doing an amazing job. Thanks to you and the team.

thank you.

---

I catched up to the testimony. Hang in there people. It seems like we only have 2 witnesses and closing statements left. Almost done.

In yesterday's summariy it says "Court ends 15-20 minutes early."

Court did not end early. It ended at 4 pm. They just would have gone a couple of minutes longer, I guess, but because Flanagan couldn't find this graph, they ended it at 4 pm.

don't they generally go until 4:15? that's why I wrote that

No, 4 pm, occasionally they go a couple of minutes longer when they are in the middle of something. But generally it's 4 pm.

Back