Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

New titles nice

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

Anything for money.

I messaged with Frank over social media. He told me that he's writing the book for the fans. He says that he plans to introduce the real human side of Michael and want to stop the "shit" people say about him. He says he wants people to love Michael.

He was quite down to earth and said that he knew he would be judged for the book and for what he'll write and he just hoped that people would read the book and judge him fairly.

I ordered the book and I'll do what he says - I will criticize / judge the book and Frank - if needed - after I read what he has to say.

Why would he be worried about being 'judged' if he's only going to write good things? Personally i'm not interested either way in anything that family have to offer after the cascio track mess....

Why would he be worried about being 'judged' if he's only going to write good things? Personally i'm not interested either way in anything that family have to offer after the cascio track mess....

that wasn't what he meant - he meant already existing judging against him - such as your post and several posts that you can see posted today. He was hoping for a "fair judgement" and not a rushed hate.

that wasn't what he meant - he meant already existing judging against him - such as your post and several posts that you can see posted today. He was hoping for a "fair judgement" and not a rushed hate.
Just out of curiosity, was he specifically talking about being judged because of the Cascio songs controversy or just because of the fact that fans are sceptical about anyone who writes a tell-all book (or both?)? If you don't mind me asking of course.

Really? Well, I really do not know what he's done (in the past?).... I never knew that. :unsure:
I did not know that either. Could you maybe elaborate on that, moodyblue?

Just out of curiosity, was he specifically talking about being judged because of the Cascio songs controversy or just because of the fact that fans are sceptical about anyone who writes a tell-all book (or both?)? If you don't mind me asking of course.

I would say it was about the book as he said "I hope people will read the book before they say anything" and my message to him was a question / criticism about what he would reportedly write.

i just ordered it. from what i've seen he is not the one who cash on his friend by speaking dirt. he had plenty of opportunity to do that

^
^
Maybe moodyblue97 meant the Cascio tracks...?
___

Anyway, I'm reserving my judgement on the book 'til I read it.

Well ivy said he said he knew he would be judged for what he will write so that tells me he knows some people won't like it... I wonder why. '

Well ivy said he said he knew he would be judged for what he will write so that tells me he knows some people won't like it... I wonder why. '

sorry but when have you seen something that everyone loved? Very recently even Joe Vogel's book and one thing the wrote was being criticized in this very forum. similarly any release coming from anyone - ranging from sony , Estate, Jacksons, is being judged. Expecting it will be all positive would be a lot more unrealistic. and I told why, like I said my message to him was critical to start with and that's why he went into the topic of being judged and such judgement before reading the book being unfair.

do you fans prefer to have only the negative books out there, or books that will be associated to Michael by people that really knew him? Please think about that. It is not just us in this day and time that will read about the world's greatest star that ever lived, but future generations that will be interested in knowing who this Michael Jackson was.

Frank can provide great incite on Michael Jackson, the human being. The trial, the Arvizos, etc.

You need to ask yourself do you want the negative books to be continued to be written or do you want books about the artist that you love most to be written?

"Everything is about money"....so is you working 9-5...you gotta support yourself correct? So do you prefer him to not make any money whatsoever? If he donates a portion to charity, then what is wrong with that? Michael did stuff for money too!

i think he will portrait him as a human and some can't handle that. but i believe his comment to ivy was in general. fans tend to be defensive and protective of MJ and with all that he's been trough that's understandable and i think frank knows that.

I will keep an open mind and wait and see what he writes. He knew Michael for like 25 years and I don't really know him. Will see.

Yes, me too... like you, I was very curious about these small lies that Frank said.... :fear:

At the end of the day, from what we know and this hasn't been disputed that I know of, Michael loved the Cascio family and was still very good friends with them. If Frank has known Michael practically his whole life, then to some extent he has the right to decide whether it is right or not to write this book. How do you all think that people learn about any of the greats in our culture who die way too early for any of us? One significant way is through those that knew those people and that will include Michael.

I have no problem with people talking about Michael, especially those who truly knew him and loved him and talk for the purpose of sharing who the real Michael was (not the purpose of getting self-attention or impressing whatever media personality with tales and gossip that they think that interviewer wants. Two people can talk about the same topic and situation concerning Michael and Michael could come out looking two different ways depending on how each person chose to portray the story. Frank very well could tell of a time when Michael was not at his most perfect but perhaps the intent is for something other than gossip. That is where the difference lies.

And people really can't be that concerned about Frank mentioning the least negative thing about Michael, yet when the first chance of hearing gossip about Frank comes, people perk up. Let's be real and realize that most close friendships for that length of time is not perfect because the people are not perfect. But it appears that at the end of the day, there was love between the Cascios and Michael. Michael didn't seem to demand perfection from his friends so I don't know why fans are wanting to demand or expect such.

And I agree with those who say they love the title. It speaks something and sends a message. At this point, Frank has not gone on an interview circuit saying things about Michael that simply leaves people scratching their heads and leaves Michael looking like some out of it weakling. There are plenty doing that and stretching stories without jumping on a book that people haven't even seen yet. It is now getting to be just like knee jerk reactions.

At the end of the day, from what we know and this hasn't been disputed that I know of, Michael loved the Cascio family and was still very good friends with them. If Frank has known Michael practically his whole life, then to some extent he has the right to decide whether it is right or not to write this book. How do you all think that people learn about any of the greats in our culture who die way too early for any of us? One significant way is through those that knew those people and that will include Michael.

I have no problem with people talking about Michael, especially those who truly knew him and loved him and talk for the purpose of sharing who the real Michael was (not the purpose of getting self-attention or impressing whatever media personality with tales and gossip that they think that interviewer wants. Two people can talk about the same topic and situation concerning Michael and Michael could come out looking two different ways depending on how each person chose to portray the story. Frank very well could tell of a time when Michael was not at his most perfect but perhaps the intent is for something other than gossip. That is where the difference lies.

And people really can't be that concerned about Frank mentioning the least negative thing about Michael, yet when the first chance of hearing gossip about Frank comes, people perk up. Let's be real and realize that most close friendships for that length of time is not perfect because the people are not perfect. But it appears that at the end of the day, there was love between the Cascios and Michael. Michael didn't seem to demand perfection from his friends so I don't know why fans are wanting to demand or expect such.

And I agree with those who say they love the title. It speaks something and sends a message. At this point, Frank has not gone on an interview circuit saying things about Michael that simply leaves people scratching their heads and leaves Michael looking like some out of it weakling. There are plenty doing that and stretching stories without jumping on a book that people haven't even seen yet. It is now getting to be just like knee jerk reactions.

:agree:

I really hope it's a positive book and the money that Frank does with this book is donated to a charity that Michael supported.

But really, if it were me, I was a friend of Michael, I never write a book. -_- :fear:

:agree:

I really hope it's a positive book and the money that Frank does with this book is donated to a charity that Michael supported.

But really, if it were me, I was a friend of Michael, I never write a book. -_- :fear:

I get what you are saying and I know a lot of people feel that way.

Honestly, if I knew Michael as well as Frank, at this point when Michael can't speak for himself, I can't say honestly what I would or would not do in regards to interviews or writing a book. I say this because I know I would be sick of the sh*t that is out there undisputed about him and I would be sick of people half stepping when it comes to defending him and portraying him with the dignity that he deserves.

I think that not talking when he was alive was from respect because he knew that Michael could speak for himself if he wanted to do so. That is not the case now. I don't remember any interviews during the trial period where Frank crossed the line when it came to speaking about Michael --unlike some people.

For some reason people want to equate being a true friend with being silent about Michael. I don't. While I know that many people supported Michael with all their love and heart during his ups and downs, I have always felt that way more people could have been more vocal in their show of support for Michael when it came to the media/public. I have always respected Stevie Wonder for not giving a crap how many records Eminem was selling at the time Stevie spoke out against that crap he pulled. Michael was a wonderful person who had so much he could have taught us. I have no problem with those lessons coming now.

What did Stevie do? I feel 50/50 on this. I know Michael valued privacy but I am tired of the books out there about Michael and how people talk about him. If this book turns out to be good and people see the kind of person we know Michael was than that is good. Over the years even when Michael was here more people could have spoken up for him. Maybe it would not have changed much but it could have helped. Sometimes silent support isn't enough. Sometimes people need to hear it. My feelings is I wll not judge anything until the book comes out and what it says. There is no point in worrying about it now when we don't know what is in the book. But I also understand the concern because we don't want Michael to be disrespected anymore.

Thank you Classic...always been well spoken and clarity!

Frank has always been supportive of Michael in the interviews that he has had and has never let the reporter twist his words to a negative unlike Michael's own family. Michael was close to the Cascio family for 25 years and I honestly think they were more of a family to Michael than his own large family, minus his kids of course. On Oprah show, they were very genuine in their love and support for him.

Michael will be in the history books for his works, life achievements and his personal life, whether we like it or not. So shouldn't there be someone defending that especially if they were there to witness it? It's not a matter of privacy, but of Michael's legacy for future generations. If the stories are not changed in people's mindsets, then the same story that Michael is a pedophile will be known as a fact 20-30 yrs from now.

Those little lies he told wasn´t anything that hurt Michael, it was just to take away focus on other things. So it wasn´t bad really, sorry if it came off like that. And he did tell them to protect Michael. Like a few others did during the 2003-2004 period. Still I don´t think he should include them into his book. He already told them to media once.
And Michael did love this family, very much, he always spoke about Eddie and how talented he is.

Last edited:

sorry but when have you seen something that everyone loved? Very recently even Joe Vogel's book and one thing the wrote was being criticized in this very forum. similarly any release coming from anyone - ranging from sony , Estate, Jacksons, is being judged. Expecting it will be all positive would be a lot more unrealistic. and I told why, like I said my message to him was critical to start with and that's why he went into the topic of being judged and such judgement before reading the book being unfair.

True, even Barry Gibb was judged by a member of this forum as cashing in on Michael's death. :lol:

True, even Barry Gibb was judged by a member of this forum as cashing in on Michael's death. :lol:

And I still stand by my statement.

As for Frank Cascio, I will wait and see.

Honestly, if I knew Michael as well as Frank, at this point when Michael can't speak for himself, I can't say honestly what I would or would not do in regards to interviews or writing a book. I say this because I know I would be sick of the sh*t that is out there undisputed about him and I would be sick of people half stepping when it comes to defending him and portraying him with the dignity that he deserves.

This.

when first we heard the news about Frank writing a book , I was skeptical like anyone else. I asked "why now?", "why is he doing it", "is it for money" etc etc.. Like I said such thoughts happen in every instance in regards to any release and any people.

when I was talking with Frank and when he said that he wanted to end the "shit" people say about Michael, I said okay perhaps that's his motive. Then came the Aaron Carter event and Frank was correcting that.

I think we'll see the rest with the book. If indeed he's correcting the BS and doing Michael justice.

moodyblue97;3443671 said:
Those little lies he told wasn´t anything that hurt Michael, it was just to take away focus on other things. So it wasn´t bad really, sorry if it came off like that. And he did tell them to protect Michael. Like a few others did during the 2003-2004 period. Still I don´t think he should include them into his book. He already told them to media once.
And Michael did love this family, very much, he always spoke about Eddie and how talented he is.

moodyblue, do you know if the kids are still in touch with the Cascio's?

ilmjj;3444084 said:
moodyblue, do you know if the kids are still in touch with the Cascio's?

Sadly it seem they are not :( and it´s because of some family members and the tracks. I don´t understand why that had to come between them.

moodyblue97;3443671 said:
what lies?

Back