Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

maral;3443277 said:
i think he will portrait him as a human and some can't handle that. but i believe his comment to ivy was in general. fans tend to be defensive and protective of MJ and with all that he's been trough that's understandable and i think frank knows that.

Yes, I don´t think Frank would write something bad or negative. He always defended Michael and even wrote that tweet against Aaron Carter. The fans are so used to negative comments on him that statements like that one (that he will be judged by what he will write) are seen like a bad thing.

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

What did frank say about carter

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

Cheers

I'll be looking forward to this book...as long as there's no seedy, false or sensational information about Michael. I want to know about the real man, faults and all (within reason) but nothing too personal or things he would not want known to the public (which is tricky because he didn't want much known to the public or he would have written a more revealing autobiography than Moonwalk or a more revealing sequel). like someone else here said, I mostly like to hear the "cute", harmless, charming stories about Michael. The cute little "oddities" that we all have that made him unique.

I don't want to just hear more fluffy stories reinforcing the public image of the boy-man that backfired so badly on him. He deserves a more serious treatment than that. It's time the public saw the whole man, a normal guy in most ways, lover, husband, father, musician, businessman.

You don't write a book about your deceased friend, period...

Which would leave only non-friends to write about him... period.

I've never heard of such a rule. Friends writing of famed friends is a very old, rich, and honorable literary tradition. Without it the world would sadly be deprived of so much we treasure about historical figures.

( And VERY few of these if any were expected to have the proceeds donated to charity.)

Last edited:

Which would leave only non-friends to write about him... period.

I've never heard of such a rule. Friends writing of famed friends is a very old, rich, and honorable literary tradition. Without it the world would sadly be deprived of so much we treasure about historical figures.

( And VERY few of these if any were expected to have the proceeds donated to charity.)

Exactly! Maybe they would prefer Roger Friedman or Maureen Orth to write a book about Michael?

I don't want to just hear more fluffy stories reinforcing the public image of the boy-man that backfired so badly on him. He deserves a more serious treatment than that. It's time the public saw the whole man, a normal guy in most ways, lover, husband, father, musician, businessman.

I agree. People don't see him that way at all. Like it was impossible that Michael was a man with relationships (I don't need details) but generally speaking he was like anybody else. When it comes to his music and as a performer he is taken serioulsy but when it comes to Michael the person the problem is people don't treat him as a human being that goes through things we all go through. He wasn't a child. He was a grown man with three children. I don't need specific details but if he can talk about Michael in a respectful way where people can see he was just normal man and he lived an extraordinary life. Will see when the book comes out.

He was very private when it came to his private life and Frank knows that and so does a dussin people. Frank can spill many things that are very private and I don´t think he should. Michael protected his privacy with claws and entering his home made you sign all sort of things. I wish Frank will honor that. It won´t do Michael a thing at this point but it may effect other people.

He can talk about what he want in that book since he grow up with Michael around him, but the most private things as his realtionship etc should he just leave alone and I hope he does.

As for lover and husband subject, that isn´t something Frank can write about and I really hope a stays away from that subject, he knows he should.

Last edited:

I don't think he needs or should say private details. Things Michael said in confidence should be kept that way. I just want Michael to be talked about with respect and show what a great human being he was. If Michael was my friend would I write a book? No. I don't know if Frank should write a book but if he wants to do this because he is tired how Michael is portrayed by people then I can understand that. We as fans get annoyed with the same thing. I am going to wait and see what this is all about.

I am looking forward for this book too!

I will buy this book why not I trust the Cascios and MJ loved them and I support the Cascio songs 100% cause I know it's MJ

Interesting....the book needs a facebook page?

Frank said this:
Welcome to my page, leading up to the release of my book, "My Friend Michael" An Ordinary Friendship with an Extraordinary Man. I am going to start sharing stories and pictures about Michael that I know you will enjoy. Thank you for your support. Frank Cascio

moodyblue97;3443143 said:
Agree, I wish Frank would just continue his loyalty against Michael. If they feel a need to write a book I would rather hear from his brother Eddie or his father. Frank has a tendency to make up small lies. He´s done it before and I hope he doesn´t do it in his book.

What lies Moodyblue?

moodyblue97;3443671 said:
Those little lies he told wasn´t anything that hurt Michael, it was just to take away focus on other things. So it wasn´t bad really, sorry if it came off like that. And he did tell them to protect Michael. Like a few others did during the 2003-2004 period. Still I don´t think he should include them into his book. He already told them to media once.
And Michael did love this family, very much, he always spoke about Eddie and how talented he is.

What lies Moodyblue?

What lies Moodyblue?

What lies Moodyblue?

Well... moodyblue97 maybe was a friend very, very, very close to Michael. :unsure: So.... surely knows a lot. :eek: >>> I thinking about it.... :thinking: You know, some people know a lot. :girl_whistle:

:fear:

Last edited:

What lies Moodyblue?

What lies Moodyblue?

sent you a PM

And I never said I was very very close.. I never said anything really and that is just because of the attitude coming with it. I knew him, worked with him and got invitd to his home, I never claimed to be his bff, but I was around a lot and saw a lot and I know a lot because of it.

This is what it says on that facebook-page..

"Frank Cascio, an entrepreneur and music producer who knew Michael Jackson for more than twenty-five years, including serving as his personal manager for nearly a decade from the '90s into the '00s. During that time, Cascio developed and co-produced The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration, Madison Square Garden, was co-producer and creative director of The Michael Jackson Interview: Footage You Were Never Meant to See, executive producer and creative director in collaboration with Brett Ratner on Michael Jackson Private Home Movies, which aired on Fox in 2003."

Um, did they write wrong? Wasnt Frank his assistant and not manager? I had also no idea he were behind the MSG concerts (I thought it was only David Gest) plus all other projects. Did you guys have any idea?

And then...

"From left to right it goes Eddie Cascio, Prince Jackson, Frank Cascio/Tyson (the man running the page My Friend Michael and the author of the book My Friend Michael)"

223918_255414214486813_109887079039528_986816_204969_n.jpg

Cute, I had no idea the two others were suppose to be Eddie and Frank

Yeah he wasnt his manager just an asistant in the early 00's certainly not in the 90's as he was only a kid/teenager then

Is this book and Jermaine's coming out around the same time?

Frank has personally promised me that his book will make people regret they ever said anything wrong or bad toward Michael with his honest portrayal of thier friendship and the Michael he knew. He wishes fans would be fair and give him a chance before judging. I feel even though we love Michael, We can never know MJ as Frank did. I really feel MJ fans should stand behind this positive book about Michael regardless of any other issues they may have. Give Frank a fair shake _ READ the book first

Frank said he will be sharing some of his stories with Fans on FB about MJ before the book is released
http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Friend-Michael/155225791221231

Is this book and Jermaine's coming out around the same time?
Frank's boook will be released Aprox 2 months after Jermaine's
Jermaine's book will be released September 13, 2011. _ Franks book will be released November 15, 2011.

Last edited:

Thanks ^^.

Frank has personally promised me that his book will make people regret they ever said anything wrong or bad toward Michael with his honest portrayal of thier friendship and the Michael he knew. He wishes fans would be fair and give him a chance before judging. I feel even though we love Michael, We can never know MJ as Frank did. I really feel MJ fans should stand behind this positive book about Michael regardless of any other issues they may have. Give Frank a fair shake _ READ the book first

Frank said he will be sharing some of his stories with Fans on FB about MJ before the book is released
http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Friend-Michael/155225791221231

:fear:

Let's see Frank.... :timer:

Well to be fair...Frank knows more about adult MJ than any Jackson except for the children.

After Victory Tour, MJ basically banned his family from his personal & professional live. So....while I am very reluctant to embrace this latest book, I think he is in a better position to write one than Jermaine or Latoya.

The Jacksons were/are extremely jealous of the Cascios. And this has been the case for many many years. This was proven to me by a private message Jermaine sent me on Twitter a month ago.

This jealousy is behind the Michael album controversy (as far as the Jacksons are concerned)

Back