Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

Ivy, in your post, just what parts do you the think the media will take and twist into sensationalism again and again? They're not gonna take the valid reasons that you've highlighted, they're gonna take the dirty details....

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

We all have friends and we all have done sometimes some silly or even stupid things in ou lives, but would our firends make it public or would we make it public on the behalf of our friends? How disrespectful that would be.

Some of us on this board have friends or even family who are either:

alcoholic,addicted, sick, depressed, live difficult life, have desastrous love life or relationship, and who are facing all sorts of trials of life, yet would any of us disclose any of those things to the general public knowing that it would bring nothing but gossiping which consequently would lead to a very negative image of our friends who already are/were struggling to surpass all the negativity that affects/affected their lives?

I don't know you guys, but I would never do it and I don't even see the interest in doing it. So, let's face it, this is all about cashing in again in the name of Michael Jackson.

I have a project on my mind. Something must be done! I'll talk about it later.

Looking forward to hearing about it...I am all about action.

Bitching about it won't accomplish anything, but sending a strong message that we won't stand for these bullish!ts? Sign me up.

@ Bumper Snippet Do you not think you are doing exactly what has been done to Michael, that no matter what explanation comes your way, you have already damned it, thats how it is, end of story.

@ love is magical Don't worry about the flight attendant quote, it was a thinly veiled attempt to ask why it was ok for her to shed light on a subject that was already out there, but not for Frank to do the same.

Ivy, in your post, just what parts do you the think the media will take and twist into sensationalism again and again? They're not gonna take the valid reasons that you've highlighted, they're gonna take the dirty details....

I know it , just like with the Jermaine's book and the escape plan.

My point was we aren't the media and we have first hand experienced how media treated Michael. so why do we act like the media then? Why do we look to the media picked sensationalism parts and act like the book is all that?

Look to my Jermaine's book review. Was I angry that the escape plan was written in the book and it was picked by the media and sensationalised to the max, Yes I was angry. But that wasn't the whole book and when I read it I was able to give it an above average review. That's what a person should do do IMO, not rush to conclusions, not limit themselves to the bits and pieces but see the whole thing in the context and make sense of it.

Are we saying that if something is already mentioned by others before, or is no longer new revealation, it's no longer private?

When Jermaine's escape plan was mentioned by the media? Did we say "oh... Let's wait until his book is out and see if he'll explain."

I think it's totally understandable why we feel frustrated. I'm just puzzled why Frank feels the need to comment on Michael's marriages at all.

@ Bumper Snippet Do you not think you are doing exactly what has been done to Michael, that no matter what explanation comes your way, you have already damned it, thats how it is, end of story.

It is not about me, but about Michael. I will damn anyone who hurts Michael's integrity. Frank did it, I damn him!

And you know what I'll be brutally honest and I know some people won't like it.

There are some people here who are equally angry to anything and everything that comes out even slightly negative about Michael. For example Memefan is one of them she was against Jermaine's book, Klein's bs, Murray documentary and now Frank's book.

However there are some people here that only focus on this book because they see the name "Cascio" and they are like a bull that has seen red. They didn't bother about Jermaine's book, klein's continious BS rants, or aren't even active about Murray documentary who called Michael Jackson a 50 year old bed wetter lying deceptive addict. This is clearly obvious from examples as well for example Klein who also called Michael an absolute Propofol addict to which he did 3 interventions is thanked and accepted when he posted something negative about Frank Cascio - suddenly the fact that he's a lunatic that called Michael an addict and gay is forgotten because he badmouthed Frank. So to me it's obvious as day that some of the anger and hate on this thread is just due to the simple fact of the name "Cascio". It's also equally sad to see as the people cannot realize that their anger blinded them and got the best of them.

I know it , just like with the Jermaine's book and the escape plan.

My point was we aren't the media and we have first hand experienced how media treated Michael. so why do we act like the media then? Why do we look to the media picked sensationalism parts and act like the book is all that?

Look to my Jermaine's book review. Was I angry that the escape plan was written in the book and it was picked by the media and sensationalised to the max, Yes I was angry. But that wasn't the whole book and when I read it I was able to give it an above average review. That's what a person should do do IMO, not rush to conclusions, not limit themselves to the bits and pieces but see the whole thing in the context and make sense of it.

My opinion about this whole book issue is the fact that I don't believe a dear friend should be writing a book about Michael in the first place...A dear friend would know how much Michael valued his privacy...His FANS know how much Michael valued his privacy...And we have never met him, we don't know him in the way Frank and his family have had the honour to know him....That's where Frank went wrong...That's where he decided to unnecessarily fuel the fire that is the media and their treatment of Michael...That's right, a FRIEND did this to him...

Michael himself drew the line at what he wanted the public to know about him....What gives Frank or anyone else who wants to write a book that right?

I could care less that his last name is Cascio...It could be Joe Blow for all I care...The issue with the songs aren't even crossing my mind when talking about the book issue, and I'm able to differentiate between the two, thanks...

Michael himself drew the line at what he wanted the public to know about him....What gives Frank or anyone else who wants to write a book that right?

so if Michael's kids write a book in the future about their father, you'll be against it?

Now doctors such as Murray and Klien, they can go to hell for what they did to Michael.

And you know what I'll be brutally honest and I know some people won't like it.

There are some people here who are equally angry to anything and everything that comes out even slightly negative about Michael. For example Memefan is one of them she was against Jermaine's book, Klein's bs, Murray documentary and now Frank's book.

However there are some people here that only focus on this book because they see the name "Cascio" and they are like a bull that has seen red. They didn't bother about Jermaine's book, klein's continious BS rants, or aren't even active about Murray documentary who called Michael Jackson a 50 year old bed wetter lying deceptive addict. This is clearly obvious from examples as well for example Klein who also called Michael an absolute Propofol addict to which he did 3 interventions is thanked and accepted when he posted something negative about Frank Cascio - suddenly the fact that he's a lunatic that called Michael an addict and gay is forgotten because he badmouthed Frank. So to me it's obvious as day that some of the anger and hate on this thread is just due to the simple fact of the name "Cascio". It's also equally sad to see as the people cannot realize that their anger blinded them and got the best of them.

If you are including me in you post, I already said what I thought of Klein and Murray in other threads. I ignored the Jacksons' family for a reason, they can't harm less or more than other sources not much credible.

As far as Frank is concerned, he seems so important that a platform has been given to him. So, yes, he too can go to hell for what he wrote.

Are we saying that if something is already mentioned by others before, or is no longer new revealation, it's no longer private?

When Jermaine's escape plan was mentioned by the media? Did we say "oh... Let's wait until his book is out and see if he'll explain."

I think it's totally understandable why we feel frustrated. I'm just puzzled why Frank feels the need to comment on Michael's marriages at all.

Well yes, if we already know about it, then yes.

It is not about me, but about Michael. I will damn anyone who hurts Michael's integrity. Frank did it, I damn him!

How do you think he has done that?

so if Michael's kids write a book in the future about their father, you'll be against it?

Yes, in my opinion, I don't believe people who have shared any type of true, intimate relationship with Michael really have a right to divulge his privacy...Knowing first handedly how he felt about it....Yeah, it's freedom of speech, and they have a right, PER SE, but it doesn't mean I'd go along and think that it's alright....

Yes, in my opinion, I don't believe people who have shared any type of true, intimate relationship with Michael really have a right to divulge his privacy...Knowing first handedly how he felt about it....Yeah, it's freedom of speech, and they have a right, PER SE, but it doesn't mean I'd go along and think that it's alright....
but it's ok for the Jackson's to write a book about him? What gave the Jackson's the right to spew bullshit about him, in their various books?

How do you think he has done that?

Because he talked about private things that even Michael never mentioned in his own private home movies. I think that Michael had many opportunities to reveal those things himself, but chose not to. Frank is doing the opposite of what Michael did.

Don't you find it strange that Frank has no problem finding a publisher and Michael himself didn't opt to write a book after Moonwalk to reveal those details? i really doubt Michael would have written about his drug addiction escalation and who'd he date and that he got stoned.

but it's ok for the Jackson's to write a book about him? What gave the Jackson's the right to spew bullshit about him, in their various books?

When did I say it was ok for the Jackson's to write a book about him?

As far as Frank is concerned, he seems so important that a platform has been given to him.

love it when you jump to conclusions without knowing a damn thing. He isn't seen important and a platform is given to him. what is unknown to you, we try to reach to everyone so that you - the members - can have a chance to ask questions and we all have a chance to learn more. It's a service.

I tried to reach out to Eddie (and you can't imagine how many people asked for it) and even Walgren for Q&A's in addition to a lot of people as well including Brett Livingstone-Strong and Branca. It's not because we think someone to be important or that we support them or we provide them a platform , it's just to be able to ask questions and learn more.

and also let me point of the hypocrisy here - since I posted the Q&A tens of people messaged me / tweeted me about a Q&A with Eddie and/or ability to ask questions about the songs. If I arranged that none of you would be complaining about "MJJC giving a Cascio a platform", you would be ecstatic with the chance to ask questions. People are having a hissy fit about this Q&A only because it's not what they exactly want or simply they want to be angry and hateful anything that they see a "cascio" name on it.

But just say that a book were to show us the truth about that person, a person whose life and talent has been damaged by so many half truths and lies, just suppose that book were to get that person back to where they deserve to be with everyone focussing on his talent. Would you be against it then?

BTW I'm not suggesting that Frank's book is going to do all those things, ok. :)

Ivy, please understand I'm not trying to be cynical. I'm curious. Did MJJC reach out to LaToya and Jermaine as well?

love it when you jump to conclusions without knowing a damn thing. He isn't seen important and a platform is given to him. what is unknown to you, we try to reach to everyone so that you - the members - can have a chance to ask questions and we all have a chance to learn more. It's a service.

I tried to reach out to Eddie (and you can't imagine how many people asked for it) and even Walgren for Q&A's in addition to a lot of people as well including Brett Livingstone-Strong and Branca. It's not because we think someone to be important or that we support them or we provide them a platform , it's just to be able to ask questions and learn more.

Thank you for your efforts and relentless contribution to this site.

Now, all that doesn't change what Frank wrote.

But just say that a book were to show us the truth about that person, a person whose life and talent has been damaged by so many half truths and lies, just suppose that book were to get that person back to where they deserve to be with everyone focussing on his talent. Would you be against it then?

Then that book would be Joe Vogel's book...How does Frank's book (based on the excerpts we've seen so far) or any book of that nature bring us back to Michael's talent?

Because he talked about private things that even Michael never mentioned in his own private home movies. I think that Michael had many opportunities to reveal those things himself, but chose not to. Frank is doing the opposite of what Michael did.

Don't you find it strange that Frank has no problem finding a publisher and Michael himself didn't opt to write a book after Moonwalk to reveal those details? i really doubt Michael would have written about his drug addiction escalation and who'd he date and that he got stoned.

I see what you mean, but since Michael passed the rumors and lies about him have been spread all over the place. We don't know yet if Frank's book will help us understand those rumors or even put some to rest. Sadly I think Michael knew what would be made of any book he might write after Moonwalk, and how could he write it without opening up a whole can of worms.

And remember people who judge Michael as a pedo would not believe Michael's words that he wasn't, but might (or at least it casts doubts) if a man comes forward and say's when I was young I spent with Michael and he is not that person.

Ivy, please understand I'm not trying to be cynical. I'm curious. Did MJJC reach out to LaToya and Jermaine as well?

I personally reached out to Joe Vogel, Eddie Cascio, Brett Livingstone Strong and John Branca. Vogel was the only one that accepted my offer. Jermaine's publisher reached out to us but they weren't interested in a Q&A as I believe Jermaine was to cease the promotion efforts due to trial. As far as I know Gest also asked for questions from us to be used at the public Q&A. I had emailed Ralphige about the possible lawsuit and he had offered that he could do a Q&A with our members. I told him that probably it would be all angry questions and he said he didn't mind it. and Honestly Latoya hasn't really been an interest to us.

so as I said we try to get as many Q&A's as possible and it's not a pick of our favorite's and BFF's.

edited to add: I also emailed Walgren but I'm not expecting to hear back from him. That's a long shot.

Then that book would be Joe Vogel's book...How does Frank's book (based on the excerpts we've seen so far) or any book of that nature bring us back to Michael's talent?

As I said on the whole post, I don't know if it will but equally we don't know that it wont. But from the quotes we have seen he seems to go into some detail about the drug addict thing. And with so many just making a sweeping statement that Michael was an addict details are whats needed to perhaps put it into perspective.

And yes I love Joe's book

Interesting. Thanks. Some questions posted in the Q&A thread are good.

As I said on the whole post, I don't know if it will but equally we don't know that it wont. But from the quotes we have seen he seems to go into some detail about the drug addict thing. And with so many just making a sweeping statement that Michael was an addict details are whats needed to perhaps put it into perspective.

And yes I love Joe's book

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that so far, from what we've seen from Frank's book, it doesn't hold a whole lot of promise that his intentions are to bring the focus back to his music....Joe's book, on the other hand, does...

:)

My whole disappointment in Frank is that he took a precious friendship and the details of Michael's private life, and is now turning it public....I'm disappointed that Frank decided to go this route....In my opinion, with this decision, Frank is showing a lack of compassion and sensitivity and realization of the sacredness of someone's privacy (especially someone who has enjoyed almost nil of it), to counteract the stories and untruths spewed everywhere by the media....

When did I say it was ok for the Jackson's to write a book about him?
I'm asking you, is it ok for the Jackson's to sell Michael down the river, numerous times?

I'm asking you, is it ok for the Jackson's to sell Michael down the river, numerous times?

Of course not...I thought that was clear in all my posts in this thread..lol

This is little overboard IMO. Because what is being forgotten is that it's their life as well. and they should have a determination about what they want to say about their life. We aren't privy to their relationship with Michael and what might have motivate them to write a book. At the very first pages of this thread I have a post about Katherine's book in which I wrote that I cannot question that Katherine wrote a book - because it's her son , part of her life. I go on to say but every single one of us has the option to buy or not buy. I still believe that. and honestly to me it's a lot more problematic that people like Ian Halperin writes a book about Michael.

This is little overboard IMO. Because what is being forgotten is that it's their life as well. and they should have a determination about what they want to say about their life. We aren't privy to their relationship with Michael and what might have motivate them to write a book. At the very first pages of this thread I have a post about Katherine's book in which I wrote that I cannot question that Katherine wrote a book - because it's her son , part of her life. I go on to say but every single one of us has the option to buy or not buy. I still believe that. and honestly to me it's a lot more problematic that people like Ian Halperin writes a book about Michael.

You think it's overboard? Oh well...I don't...It's their life? No, it's about Michael's life and the public/media heavy speculation and judgment of it and that's pretty clear lol...

As you said, everyone has a right to buy or not to buy...The book is coming out, whether we like it or not...You agree with the book, but I, and several others, don't...

Michael valued his privacy like one would value oxygen...That people think they have a right to screw around with that is what I take issue with...That's all...

Some people think nothing private should be revealed between 2 friends. Some people think it can be done if it helps the friend in need, especially if that friend cant defend himself anymore. It's all a matter of perspective and values. No one is right or wrong.

Then there's the excerpt of the book. I personally havent read anything I didnt know before. I think we know what the media is capable of, and we should know better than trust them, especially when it comes to Michael. There are a few sentences but they're out of any context. I'm not saying trust the man, I still have no intention of buying the book, but I also believe before judging anything, we should know entirely what it is about.

Back