Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

I WANT MY PRIVACY - Michael Jackson. I think he would have wanted his friend to keep his most private, embarassing or difficult moments private. Like you and me would wanted the same thing from our friends.

Exactly! Us, as ordinary, everyday people wouldn't want our private lives detailed in a book....For someone like Michael, who never had a shred of it his whole life, needs that dignity and integrity like no other....Seriously....This isn't even remotely defendable, IMO...

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson / press release at pg12 / Nov 15 ,201

^^HAAAAA.

Guys don't forget that in Jermaine's excerpt the worst thing was used to draw the reader in. I guess they did the same with the Frank book, so this might be the nastiest thing in the book. I am not surprised, because we all know they need a nasty hook. Remember when Jermain's hook was revealed that some said they are worried what Frank's will be? Well there you have it--drugs and alcohol. The big question still remains: what does this information have to do with Franks claim about the purpose of the book?

I will ask a question: Is your driving need to acquire private, intimate, details about Michael greater than your disgust of finding the drug and alcohol information in the book? If your answer is yes, then by all means get this book. If your are disgusted, because the drug and alcohol information does not deal with what Frank claimed he wanted to do with this book, then do not buy it.

What I know for sure is that Michael put his privacy above all from a very early age as you can see in interviews back from 70's and that need of privace increased proportional with his fame.He wouldn't break his privacy not even to defend himself.

And I know also that the only books Michael ever approved, besides his own 2 books, were

Adrian's Grant MJ A Visual Documentary and The Opus.
What does that tell you?

Sometimes Michael did defend himself.

That tells me that at that time those were the only two books Michael approved of. But would he not aprrove of Joe's book?

So just because Michael was decent enough to to drag personal bullish outside, it makes it ok? :/

Of course it doesn't.
It was a response to this
I don't remember Michael's family calling him a drug addict when he was alive so how do we know that Michael wouldn't want that defended or at least clarified if he were still here.

so they did talk bad about him before and he didn't say a word so we could assume that he wouldn't either if he would be still here.
But that doesn't mean he wasn't hurt.

TO ME, I insist it's my humble opinion, it would all depend if this could help people understand me better, and vindicate me, especially if I cant do it myself. If that was the point of such a book, I guess I would forgive/accept my friends publically talking about my personal stuff.

Hmmmmm after reading these excerpts, I am starting to think MJ had trust issues and would tell people whatever he wanted.

If he was telling Frank Cascio, whom is claiming to have been his closest friend, Bhatti was his son, when we all know it wasn't true... or that he married because of arab prince....He was feeding him the same BS he told everybody when he didn't want other sticking their nose in his business.

That to me says a lot.

I asked that question. Because i've heard some things, and I really believe their relationship wasn't the same.
He might have stayed close to the parents, that I believe.

When MJ stayed in Jersey in 07, I don't believe Frank was there. Very interesting.

I'd really like to know what Frank's parents think of it all.

And I agree with you: if Michael was really telling Frank that Omer was his son, if he was really fooling him with that, then that shows they weren't that close after all. On the other hand, you can say such a thing in a joking way. Or metaphorically, like Michael always said "all the children of the world are my children". And of course, in that case Frank sure knows damn well that it was a joke/metaphor by Michael, but now sells it as a serious story out of sensationalism. Same with the marriages for the Saudis stuff.

That tells me that at that time those were the only two books Michael approved of. But would he not aprrove of Joe's book?

Thank you, exactly my point.
He most likely would approve Joe's book like he did with Adrian's book, but most certainly he wouldn't approve Frank's book as he didn't approve JRT's book , or Bob Jones book or other hundreds of crappy books written about him.

Absolutely he would! His quote about Michaelangelo on the Oprah interview certainly attests to that...I think he'd approve of any book detailing his art...something he's always wanted people all over the world to know about, however, sadly it's shadowed by this BS we hear over and over again....Disgustingly enough, you wouldn't think it'd be his friends and their books to be the ones to overshadow this...

I agree with the belief that if Michael really felt it was more important to defend himself as a sacrifice to his private life, we would have seen him do interviews left, right and centre...That he didn't do more speaks volumes...

so they did talk bad about him before and he didn't say a word so we could assume that he wouldn't either if he would be still here.
But that doesn't mean he wasn't hurt.

I said they didn't call him a drug addict, whilst he was alive.

We all know what LaToya said and we all remember other family members giving interviews to defend Michael.

^^Maybe the reason why Michael did not tell Frank the truth about some things is that he did not trust certain people fully. We are talking about a guy who was stabbed in the back by tons of people. There were few he could trust even though they might be his closest friends.

A main problem with this book is that Frank misrepresented it in claiming it was about something else. That is one of the reasons some are shocked, and yes I know the book is not out yet, but we have the excerpts.

And I will repeat myself again...... We don't yet know exactly what is being revealed. So far from what we have seen, nothing really new, just perhaps some areas explained. Maybe there will be some funny anecdotes that we haven't heard yet, much like a few people have shared with us.

If I died and the was a whole heap of BS around me I would want my friends to defend me, even if it means them sharing some private moments.

Sadly since Michael passed his private life is not really his private life anymore, with so much even in the courtroom alone, maybe his friend wants to bring back the attention to Michael the human being.

Right, and judging by the comments on the article concering Frank's book where the majority call's Mike a degenerated drug addict pedophile, i don't thing that Frank does a great job in defending and humanizing Mike.

Absolutely he would! His quote about Michaelangelo on the Oprah interview certainly attests to that...I think he'd approve of any book detailing his art...something he's always wanted people all over the world to know about, however, sadly it's shadowed by this BS we hear over and over again....Disgustingly enough, you wouldn't think it'd be his friends and their books to be the ones to overshadow this...

Yeah Frank should be proud.He overshadowed even Murray :assassin:

And I agree, but we can't say that Michael wouldn't approve this one because he had only ever approved two other books.

I might not over shadow it, we don't know yet.

And I agree, but we can't say that Michael wouldn't approve this one because he had only ever approved two other books.

I might not over shadow it, we don't know yet.

When Oprah asked Michael what he wanted to be remembered by most by the world, he said he wanted to be known as a great artist...It's obvious that everything else is pure fluff....Parts of himself that he wanted to keep private...For God's sake, according to Michael himself, he wore a surgical mask as a means of privacy...It speaks volumes! He's said it his whole life, yet people STILL want more and more and more....I'm not saying you specifically, but for the hounds that Frank is clearly targetting...

I agree with the belief that if Michael really felt it was more important to defend himself as a sacrifice to his private life, we would have seen him do interviews left, right and centre...That he didn't do more speaks volumes...

Totally agree with you. I do not understand why some are pretending that Michael did not like the Cascios because he felt they kept his private life private. Mom Cascio said he did not want them to be talking about Michael Jackson, so what is the purpose of the hook if not to cash in on your relationship with your fried.

I still say that the timing of this book was planned because they knew the trial would deal with addiction. Even if the trial ended in July/August they wanted a date after the trial for a reason. It was always the plan to connect the hot issue of the trial with the book. What a lovely friend. Now lets see what topic he would highlight on his media tour to promote the book.

Now I am going to sign off and go to Barnes and Nobel to get the Vogel book. Thanks to those of you who recommended it.

On behalf of MJ legacy7. We supported the album Michael. Not for one second did we believe that the Estate, Sony and everyone involved would commit criminal fraud on the world by putting out a Michael Jackson album featuring a MJ impersonator. We really respected the friendship that Michael had with the Casio's and the fact that he called them three days before he died while there is no evidece MJ kept in touch with his own brothers and sisters.

With that being said we are shocked with the first quotes releaed from the book. Look no further than the Casio's interview with Oprah, when asked about Michael's drug use or addiction the whole Casio family answered they "never" saw anything like that. Frank went on to say that MJ may have had a drug problem based on what he heard after Michael died. His words were "based on what we know now" meaning he came to that conclusion based on what he heard, rumors after Michael passed. Despite how we felt before, changing his story and feeding this stuff to the media to sell a book is betrayal.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Jackson-was-NOT-an-addict/288817687803025

Last edited:

"My medical history is private." (Michael Jackson, Oprah interview)

Here are Michael's own words, about his desire for privacy (and no, that desire wasn't ONLY about paparazzi, but overarching invasions of privacy, and what the public had a right to know, or not know.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okYzZGUFIrg&feature=related

There has been such a glut of "tell-all," books, that now the only books I look forward to are those his children might choose to write in the future. . as the people who knew Michael best.

With that said, I have no problem if some choose to buy and read Frank's book. Everyone has the right to choose. . . .

When Oprah asked Michael what he wanted to be remembered by most by the world, he said he wanted to be known as a great artist...It's obvious that everything else is pure fluff....Parts of himself that he wanted to keep private...For God's sake, according to Michael himself, he wore a surgical mask as a means of privacy...It speaks volumes! He's said it his whole life, yet people STILL want more and more and more....I'm not saying you specifically, but for the hounds that Frank is clearly targetting...

And do you think that is happening? Do you think Frank is responsible for all the bs out there?

Perhaps, (I know it's a long shot) if Frank's book, or anybody's book helps settle some misconceptions then there will be more focus on Michael's art.

I am not. Buying frank book full ...... I don't think true friend should tell tale about one friendship that the other did not tell while he was alive. Now we know why those books are getting publish the tabloid dirt is In it. The first point from the book is not about any good that MJ did but about his drug taking to scandals him more.
Take a look at all the headline today it negetive about MJ it's not the tabloid who is dragging MJ in the mud but his so called true friends who he trust in is worst of times, now they are using that trust to make profit,
I am really sad MJ was truly a lonely man with no true friends. He must have feel like a cage animal, do we need to wonder why he need to be "knock out" how was he to cope with always looking over your shoulder like a fugitive in hiding?
Mj did nothing wrong but live his life like you and me, but most see fit to judge him,
How did he do it for so long is beyond me, but he fight long and hard with 00 support from 00 friends,
After all if you have to buy friendship when the money gone the friendship is over,
MJ is dead he can't pay for the friendship anymore so the socalled friend sell to the highest bidder, show me the money and I will tell you the dirt. No thank you.

And do you think that is happening? Do you think Frank is responsible for all the bs out there?

Perhaps, (I know it's a long shot) if Frank's book, or anybody's book helps settle some misconceptions then there will be more focus on Michael's art.

No, he's not responsible for it all, but what what I'm saying is that he has no business contributing to it, especially as a FRIEND...

It's books and tell alls about Michael's art that will shift the focus to his art...Not a book about his private life, which is, so far, conveniently highlighted by juicy tid bits labelling Michael as a situational addict...

If I died and the was a whole heap of BS around me I would want my friends to defend me, even if it means them sharing some private moments.

recently a famous person from my home country died. to her friends it was known that she had some issues , to public it was all a secret. but her death uncovered some unknown things about her such as her cheating, alcohol use etc.. Several of her friends went to public to tell and explain why.

From outside it might look like they are dishing on private details of her life after her death but the real motivation was to correct the increasing negative media stories and public misconceptions about her.

So what is the correct thing to do? Not talk because it's invading her privacy and we never know if she would like her private business to be detailed? or Talk even though it might be disclosing her private business to correct misconceptions about her?

he didn't approve JRT's book

reportedly he approved the first edition

I do not understand why some are pretending that Michael did not like the Cascios because he felt they kept his private life private. Mom Cascio said he did not want them to be talking about Michael Jackson, so what is the purpose of the hook if not to cash in on your relationship with your fried.

Actually Cascio family talked to media at two different times before - both during the allegations 1993 and 2005. Apparently Michael had no problem with them talking as long as they were defending him. Oprah wasn't their first interview.

Again nobody's questioning if what Frank said is true.
Everybody is assuming that it is all true and Michael did and said all that and the only wrongdoing Frank does is making that public.

:no:

Sad. :sad:
I'm questioning it, I am not assuming that anything is the truth because Frank said it.

"My medical history is private." (Michael Jackson, Oprah interview)

Here are Michael's own words, about his desire for privacy (and no, that desire wasn't ONLY about paparazzi, but overarching invasions of privacy, and what the public had a right to know, or not know.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okYzZGUFIrg&feature=related

There has been such a glut of "tell-all," books, that now the only books I look forward to are those his children might choose to write in the future. . as the people who knew Michael best.

With that said, I have no problem if some choose to buy and read Frank's book. Everyone has the right to choose. . . .

Yes I'm quite aware of what Michael has said. Sadly his medical history is no longer private.

But you know what maybe you are all right none Michael's friend's shouldn't even attempt to defend him, when it comes to books about Michael the man they should leave the bookshelves full of Klein, Jordans relatives, Diamond etc. etc. etc. etc. There should be no balance. (Written on the basis that this book is in fact positive)

recently a famous person from my home country died. to her friends it was known that she had some issues , to public it was all a secret. but her death uncovered some unknown things about her such as her cheating, alcohol use etc.. Several of her friends went to public to tell and explain why.

From outside it might look like they are dishing on private details of her life after her death but the real motivation was to correct the increasing negative media stories and public misconceptions about her.

So what is the correct thing to do? Not talk because it's invading her privacy and we never know if she would like her private business to be detailed? or Talk even though it might be disclosing her private business to correct misconceptions about her?

In my book yes. I'm very protective of my friends and if they are being unfairly judged I would defend their memory.

@Bumper Ok, but only after I have had an opportunity to read the actual book.

But you know what maybe you are all right none Michael's friend's shouldn't even attempt to defend him, when it comes to books about Michael the man they should leave the bookshelves full of Klein, Jordans relatives, Diamond etc. etc. etc. etc. There should be no balance. (Written on the basis that this book is in fact positive)

I shivered at the thought

The problem is so far none of the extracts from the book do that for Michael. In fact go to the news sites quoting these extracts and you will see people calling Michael an addict and a pedophile. Frank should know by now that one has to be very careful about everything he says when talking about Michael because the media will twist it.

So how does it sound when he says Michael asked their parents to let the boys go with him on tour and Michael cried when talking to their father? It looks exactly like the story by the Chandlers that Michael convinced June to let Jordan sleep in his bedroom by crying. I hope it was just the article that took this thing out of context and it doesn't sound like that in the book. Of course, Frank says loud and clear that Michael was no child molester and no pedophile, still if someone opens his mouth about Michael, he has to be very careful about what he says and how he says it to not leave any room for the media to interpret it in a twisted way.

Same with the statement about Michael's marriages or his drug use. Do we really need to know he got stoned in the mountains? How does this correct misconceptions about Michael? How does the claim that Michael married his wives to please the Arab business associates in any way helps to correct misconceptions? People will read it and say: "see, I always knew his marriages were shams".

What I'm hoping for is some sort of "grace period" where those who knew Michael could let the dust settle -- i.e. the trial and aftermath, and do some serious reflecting about which things "need" to be said, and which should remain private, and which should be cherished memories, only. Just. . . give it some time, and reflect?

We can "anticipate," probably, books from: Klein, Jason Pfeiffer, Karen Faye, maybe more from various of Michael's siblings, cousins, "family friends," and so on, and maybe an "update" by Randy Taraborelli, and who knows who else?

Personally, I think the focus should be on Michael's PUBLIC legacy - - his incredible music and dance, his humanitarian good works, and any other things he chose to make public.

If some things that Michael tried to keep private are now public is unfortunate, through the trial and its aftermath. There is nothing we can do to stem the tide, at all, but I do hope that people would REFLECT on what "needs" to be said, and what should be respected as off-limits. . .

It's no MYSTERY how much Michael tried to guard his privacy, now is it?

@respect, I agree with you about the excerpts, but they're out of context, like the media does all the time to only show what stinks the most. That's why maybe it's better to read the book, and then criticize it, based on real things?

...who?

Back