Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

Here is direct quote from AP: "Cascio also said that Jackson used to claim that dancer and rapper Omer Bhatti, long rumored to be his love child by a Norwegian woman, was his son, though Cascio did not believe him. Jackson later admitted that it wasn't true."

I didn't quote the article, because it was read by all in this thread. I asked you to quote yours, because no one but you came up with the "joke" angle. That was my first time reading about it.

Where did I attack your integrity? Stop being on the defensive... RE-READ WHAT I WROTE.

I will quote what you wrote and insert my name. You were accusing - It was an accusation against me and an attack in my opinion. There was no reason to even go there .. or make such a statement. its was rude mean and uncalled for - it upset me
wether you think it was appropriate or not. I thought is was a low blow and an attck on my character. I usually dont
respond to posts of that nature so the fact that I did says - I was very offended by your words.
I am almost sure Qbee made it up. Which would be beyond pathetic if you ask me. Defend the sleazeball with hard facts...don't make things up otherwise you will lose all credibility.

Most likely Karen, Klien, Frank were jealous of the other's friendship with Michael. It must have been difficult for a wife with Karen around being jealous. Now we have a book out and Klien and Karen are already finding fault with some of the truths.

@Ben I'm only basing it off the excerpts..Mentioning drug use, doctors, being married twice for buisness reasons, the way he's portrayed as these crying tragic figure..Comon now, you gotta admit that Michael would not have wanted been happy with this, whether it's true or not..It doesn't matter if the rest of the book is positive, we all know the media is going to focus on the crap like this...And yes Frank is to blame for what the media reports, if he was a true 'friend' of Michael then he wouldn't give the media ammunition for bs stories. All Frank is doing is revealing private stories (whether true or not) that Michael himself never told to sell a book, simple as that. For him it's not a question of positive or negative, but that it sells.
I'm not saying its a great book. Maybe it's 100% crap and I will end up putting Frank in the same basket as Latoya. All I'm saying, and I believe Ivy too, is wait for the entire thing before you judge. Because we know we can trust the media for twisting words, changing meanings, mysteriously forgetting parts of sentences and so on. I agree that so far I don't see the point of talking about drug addiction, but like Qbee said, those stories are already out there. I believe one mistake Michael made was not to address them. He had his reasons, that was his personal life. But sometimes not talking about an issue only makes it worse. Like I said, I take lots of pills and maybe some people could wonder from the outside what the hell is wrong with me. Now maybe Frank betrayed Michael. The thing is, so far, I don't know because nothing assures me that these quotes are accurate, considering where they come from. We can't distrust the media when they talk about Michael and all the sudden find them reliable when they talk about someone, just because, I think, their name is Cascio...

If these quotes are accurate, then yes, it is true that Michael would certainly be not happy about the book.
I have no problems whatsoever with weed parts, etc. But by talking about dependency and personal stuff is just totally inappropriate.

Michael was such a private person and this is how his privacy is violated - again.

About the press and media reaction - Frank should be aware of what use media do with his words, I don't believe he is that naive.

daisy;3537635 said:
If these quotes are accurate, then yes, it is true that Michael would certainly be not happy about the book.
I have no problems whatsoever with weed parts, etc. But by talking about dependency and personal stuff is just totally inappropriate.

Michael was such a private person and this is how his privacy is violated - again.

About the press and media reaction - Frank should be aware of what use media do with his words, I don't believe he is that naive.

This is what it comes down to for me too: his privacy. Where I originally hail from it's legal to smoke weed for medicinal purposes (anxiety being one of those purposes — which we know Michael suffered from) — so, it's not an act that upsets me. But what does bother me is an individual sharing very personal stories about a deceased man (who complained about his lack of privacy), in an unauthorized biography, under the guise of "helping" him. Frank said he was writing this book to clear Michael's name against the allegations — but I've now heard others state they believe that Michael molested children while he was under the influence of the drugs. What Frank has disclosed has not helped Michael's public image. It's further reinforcing the whacked out conception of him.

Frank absolutely knows how the media twists words. I called Jermaine out for the sensationalistic headlines regarding his "escape plan" story, and in the name of objectivity, I have to do the same here. Again, we know how the media works by this point. It's best not to give them fodder to begin with, period.

Last edited:

I've read a few snippets that have been released to the press and felt so very very sad. In life Michael had no solace and in death he cannot sleep peacefully.

Interesting to see whether the fans/readers maintain the Cascio's are martyers theory or change heart to the Cascios are now the demon.

Either way, I think it personally doesn't tell me much I didn't already know in terms of Michael's dependency on prescription medication. Drug dependency ( a physical state) and a drug addiction (psychological) are two very very different things. And we saw this used and abused in the Conrad Murray trial. We will never know where one began and the other ended with Michael personally. 2001 30th Anniversary Michael was high on something for sure. If he took propofol in 1999 was it after the Earth Song accident. This book is providing sound bites and we know what the media does with sound bites right?

I think it's a crying shame that Frank Cascio 'shared' details about who Michael made out with and married Lisa Marie Presley to impress a Saudi prince?! Can Michael not fall in love with a woman for normal genuine reasons? why must everything relating to Michael be abstained from normal emotions...horrid.

Ivy and qbee, you are defending the indefensible.

Above all Frank should never ,ever have written a book about Michael's private life ,ever.That he is getting paid for it makes it worse.

I hope someone asks him which doctors he paid in cash , so that those doctors can confirm whether this happened or not.

Ivy, you referred to Steve Jobs' book. Sure , the book shows that Jobs was at times not a very pleasant person to be around , but have you seen the media runaway with this as they have done with just a few quotes from Frank?

Jobs genuis has/will overshadow any flaws(ficticious or not) that have been reported after his death.Unfortunately for Michael, his genuis is not allowed to drown out the child-abuse and drug addition BS.Every time there is a little bit of progress, some greedy person feeds the media more nonsense to chew over.

From www.michaeljackson.com :- Spike Lee- Twitter
Going to Buy The Book MAN IN THE MUSIC-The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson by @JoeVogel1 Today.All You Folks Who Love MJ 2 BUY IT

Last edited:

The issue isnt whether any of what frank is saying is true its the fact he shouldnt be sayibg it at. all. i got several phonecalls after the verdict last week. i was asked to speak on the radio about it as my bro works in the industry and has many contacts. Same happ in 05 aswell. i refused just like i refused when outside of mjs hotels aswell when the media would cone sniffing for a soundbite. i dont talk to them cause they twist everything and no doubt they would have brought up questions about drugs etc and tried to make it negative. so i dont even give them a chance to go there as i love and respect mj to much to give anyone ammunition to use against mj.

then we have frank!

Surprise? Hardly. Pretty much saw this coming.
Since his passing, at every turn of an event, everyone who knew Michael crawls out of the woodwork to make money off him.

The media's lapping it up and giving Frank book a platform bigger than the AMA awards.

Saying the accident in 1999's Earth Song was becasue he's drugged up earlier, missed his steps and fell few feet headlong just like that!.....

and again in MSG 2001, he was late coz he was again drugged up? If anyone watched the MSG concert, you'd knew how brilliant Michael's performance was. "Drugged Up"" ... Are you kidding me?
Could anyone perform this well under the influence....:blink::doh:

Right off the bat, he wouldn't blink an eyelid to sell him down the river.

And one more thing......anyone wanting to do business with the Saudi Prince first needed to get married! LOL! That's a first
!:lol:

Above all Frank should never ,ever have written a book about Michael's private life ,ever.That he is getting paid for it makes it worse.

I hope someone asks him which doctors he paid in cash , so that those doctors can confirm whether this happened or not.

Ivy, you referred to Steve Jobs' book. Sure , the book shows that Jobs was at times not a very pleasant person to be around , but have you seen the media runaway with this as they have done with just a few quotes from Frank?

Jobs genuis has/will overshadow any flaws(ficticious or not) that have been reported after his death.Unfortunately for Michael, his genuis is not allowed to drown out the child-abuse and drug addition BS.Every time there is a little bit of progress, some greedy person feeds the media more nonsense to chew over.

I think you are being grossly unfair. How is it undefendable to ask people to not judge something until they have all the facts? That is clear from numerous posts in this thread.

I am not going to keep going round in circles here and respond to the rest of your post.

Mj was split from presley when he anounced the deal with the saudies so that hardly fits the story of the arabs been so bothered about mj being married

It's very simple for me. I will not buy it. I don't want to spend my money on a book about MJ's private life!

Surprise? Hardly. Pretty much saw this coming.
Since his passing, at every turn of an event, everyone who knew Michael crawls out of the woodwork to make money off him.

The media's lapping it up and giving Frank book a platform bigger than the AMA awards.

Saying the accident in 1999's Earth Song was becasue he's drugged up earlier, missed his steps and fell few feet headlong just like that!.....

and again in MSG 2001, he was late coz he was again drugged up? If anyone watched the MSG concert, you'd knew how brilliant Michael's performance was. "Drugged Up"" ... Are you kidding me?
Could anyone perform this well under the influence....:blink::doh:

Right off the bat, he wouldn't blink an eyelid to sell him down the river.

And one more thing......anyone wanting to do business with the Saudi Prince first needed to get married! LOL! That's a first
!:lol:

Wow did Frank really say the bridge accident was from MJ missing a step ?
becuase the whole brigde fell with Mj on it. he didnt miss a step and fall.
do you have a link I want to see that -thanks

Never mind I went to find the quote. becuase i could imagine him saying that when
everyone knows the bridge fell. Its meaning MJ took propoful after his fall he didnt do it
before becuase he would be out cold. It says the platform fell not that Mj missed a step.

Cascio says Jackson also took propofol in 1999 in Munich when the singer was 50 feet in the air and instead of coming down slowly, the platform Jackson was on fell down.
I believe The story about MSg is most likely true its already been confirmed by 3 people now.
I first heard the story a year ago from karen who was there but her redition was that she saved
the day it was all about her. Then the producer of MSG show stated the same thing and now Frank.

but The story about MSg is most likely true its already been confirmed by 3 people now.
I first heard the story a year ago from karen who was there but her redition was that she saved
the day it was all about her. Then the producer of MSG show stated the same thing and now Frank.

So what happened exactly in 2001 at MSG?
I am very curious because this story seems to bring so much pleasure to all the three of them Karen, David and Frank.After all who wouldn't find being funny as hell to show the world how unprofessionally and irresponsable Michael acted then, huhh?
:she_devil:

unable to provide sorry
... just saw in passing at a newspaper stand..

he said.." he took propofol in 1999 in Munich when he was 50 m up in the air and instead of coming down slowly.... he fell down"

I have no idea why they feel it necessary to reveal those details myself. :(

unable to provide sorry
... just saw in passing at a newspaper stand..

he said.." he took propofol in 1999 in Munich when he was 50 m up in the air and instead of coming down slowly.... he fell down"

Here is what the article says the platform fell not that MJ fell down. Frank didnt say Mj
was drugged when it happened. it means after the fall he was given propoful.
Cascio says Jackson also took propofol in 1999 in Munich when the singer was 50 feet in the air and instead of coming down slowly, the platform Jackson was on fell down.

Frank also stated MJ needed the drugs for pain for his skin condition and to help him sleep
he didnt say MJ was taking the drugs for no reason. he was tryign to show how much MJ
was suffering. also saying doctors were willing to give the drugs even taking cash for them
That doesnt say anything bad about MJ. Its showing the doctors were unscrupelous by
supplying them without no control. They were further making MJ dependent on them.

Frank is trying to show how much MJ suffered , he is not trying to portray him as a junkie.
but every one sees what they want to see i guess. -

No I mean he's answering our questions at our Q&A session which will happen this week.

Oh ok thanks

So i guess frank is unaware of the whole ratner story from the history tour. and why would u take diprivan after the bridge fall.its not a painkiller. And why would u take dip for vitiligo its not painful. its more likely it was used cause of his lupus and the pain from that adding to sleep issues. for someone who was close to mj hes not very educated on even the basics which makes u doubt the credibility of other thibgs he claimsre msg watch mj on the red carpet ot look at pics of him. he was clearly havin issues. there were reports at the time he was ill and had been advised to cancel. that whole era in the early 00's mj did not seem well. whether he was suffering from lupus flare ups who knows and was having to use more meds

Last edited:

I think we all need to calm down just a bit. We all read things in passing that for whatever reason changes our comprehension of something. We do it all of the time and then kater when it is pointed out, we correct. Heck, I even did it a few days ago with Classic's post. I could have sworn it said one thing when it didn't. MY mistake. As regards that quote with Frank, I can totally understand what you meant qbee. I also at one point from the connotation thought he must surely mean jokingly. But after rereading, I saw it was not there. These are things that can happen. There is no need for anyone to jump down someone's throat because of it. Especially if they are very willing to recant once their mistake is made known. It is an honest mistake and not meant to be purposely deceitful.

I am going to tell you guys that it is fine to have an opinion. We are all adults here and ccan express these at our desire. However, we will not make these comments we have become a breeding ground for attacking one another.

Can we keep that in check please? Thank you! :flowers:

So i guess frank is unaware of the whole ratner story from the history tour

Ratner story"?

Mj using diprivan on the history tour story. frank implies it was first used in 99.

Mj using diprivan on the history tour story. frank implies it was first used in 99.

I didnt see that implied just that the writer of the article say Frank said Mj used it after the fall.
it didnt say it was first time. we are missing a lot of content still .. like the book

I dont see Frank demeanign or attcking MJ character at all. . he is explainging MJ was in pain and has sleep problems
and needed these drugs for relief. he is showing how much Mj suffered .

Maybe he does mention earlier use in the book. thats to be seen but if a journo is writing about mjs previous use they are gonna want to write about the first time it was used according to frank. So i presume 99 is the first time frank mentioned it being
used otherwise why would the journo single out that one event

We don't need anyone to "show" us what Michael suffered from! It's personal and Michael would hate that. We all know how much he had suffered throughout his life from diseases. There is no excuse for the publication of this book, Frank shouldn't have done it, period! Liz Taylor never said or wrote anything about Michael to take advantage of the fact that she was close to him. She took it to the grave because she was a true and loyal friend. I won't buy it because I don't want Michael to be humiliated by the media and the public once more. I'm done with it!

Liz Taylor was closer and friends with him for far longer than these Cascios. She never sold him out...all those justifying this book are doing so because it will help satisfy their own thirst for gossips & hearsays.

They are not doing it out of respect for MJ, that's for sure. You guys need to sit down and listen to Leave me alone & Privacy. Munch on this for a minute before you encourage others to infringe on MJ's privacy just because "it's already out there".

Go figure!

I preordered this book and will make any judgements once I've read it. So many things can be taken out of context until you get the full picture.

I preordered this book and will make any judgements once I've read it. So many things can be taken out of context until you get the full picture.

Ditto. I normally start to read the book in the bookstore to decide if I want to buy it. I left La Toya's on the shelf, I bought Jermaine's, as to Frank's it remains to be seen.

no one is defending the book , people are saying wait for the book to come to a conclusion. That's two different things.

yes they did. let me quote the author

Q: Jobs could be notoriously difficult. Did you wind up liking him in the end?

Isaacson: Yes, I liked him and was inspired by him. But I knew he could be unkind and rough. These things can go together. When my book first came out, some people skimmed it quickly and cherry-picked the examples of his being rude to people. But that was only half the story. Fortunately, as people read the whole book, they saw the theme of the narrative: He could be petulant and rough, but this was driven by his passion and pursuit of perfection. He liked people to stand up to him, and he said that brutal honesty was required to be part of his team. And the teams he built became extremely loyal and inspired.

I watched tens of show talking about how "bad" he was. So it happens to anyone and every book. That's how media acts.

actually let's give michael more credit shall we? I believe regardless of issues and allegations, most people would agree that he's the greatest entertainer. I don't see that being hurt in any way.

So what happened exactly in 2001 at MSG?
I am very curious because this story seems to bring so much pleasure to all the three of them Karen, David and Frank.After all who wouldn't find being funny as hell to show the world how unprofessionally and irresponsable Michael acted then, huhh?
:she_devil:

you clearly didn't watch Gest documentary. They go on to mention how perfectly he performed.

So i guess frank is unaware of the whole ratner story from the history tour. and why would u take diprivan after the bridge fall.its not a painkiller.

I think it's a problem with the author of the article and perhaps he's meaning that he was taking Propofol in Germany during that time and not because of the fall.

And why would u take dip for vitiligo its not painful. its more likely it was used cause of his lupus and the pain from that adding to sleep issues. for someone who was close to mj hes not very educated on even the basics

we established this one. in 2003 during search warrant they found mj's underwear that had a blood stain with demerol. T-Mez wrote in court papers that it was due to an injection mj gets for his vitiligo.

I would think it was for lupus ie the cortizone injections not vitiigo as that makes no medical sense imo

Back