Frankie Lymon

never realised that was frankie singing why do fool fall in love. its still played alot over here on the classic stations.thought it was a woman.

what a tragic life he had in the end. what a shame

never realised that was frankie singing why do fool fall in love. its still played alot over here on the classic stations.thought it was a woman.

what a tragic life he had in the end. what a shame

LOL!

I can understand. But you know the first time I heard the song, I saw his face on TV and that's how the voice couldn't fool me. In fact, being an '80s kid, I didn't know about Diana Ross' cover until AFTER hearing Frankie's! :lol:

Frankie played a big role in Diana Ross' and Ronnie Bennett's (Spector) careers as well as the careers of all the teen groups both male and female. Anyone denying it would be a fool.

This movie always bugged me a bit, I always though Larenz Tate looked a bit old to play a 14 year old and I never seen Frankie when he was older so the resemblance was never uncanny to me or anything. Though there is no doubting Frankie and The Teenagers influence on future acts, especially the Jackson 5, I think Barry Gordy had them in mind as he was molding the Jackson 5.

I can understand. But you know the first time I heard the song, I saw his face on TV and that's how the voice couldn't fool me. In fact, being an '80s kid, I didn't know about Diana Ross' cover until AFTER hearing Frankie's!
id heard of frankie but never really seen any footage and certainly never knew why do fools was his song.nice to see footage of those that paved the way for groups such as the j5

^ Thank God for that because SOME folks, not naming no names, think the Jackson 5 were the FIRST teen kids to do what they did...WRONG! :lol:

very influential talent who inspired Michael Jackson, george clinton and Frankie Beverly who changed his name from howard to frankie in honor of frankie Lymon. frankie was ahead of the curve.

^ You know it! ;)

He was such a big influence on black music people don't even REALIZE it half the time. Without the music of Frankie & the Teenagers, Motown music and most of the Brill Building music scene wouldn't have had a core to follow through.

what age did he die...I've always wondered why there wasn't any footage or pics of him as an adult only these performances.....but they are brilliant...

This movie always bugged me a bit, I always though Larenz Tate looked a bit old to play a 14 year old and I never seen Frankie when he was older so the resemblance was never uncanny to me or anything. Though there is no doubting Frankie and The Teenagers influence on future acts, especially the Jackson 5, I think Barry Gordy had them in mind as he was molding the Jackson 5.

yeah I hate that...why do they do that in movies....they cast the wrong people I wanna see Beyonce try to do Etta James that's gonna either be good or hilarious..as in the man in mirror flex anderson type movie

It sucks so much that people weren't willing to give him a chance after his voice changed. He still had a wonderful voice after he matured, but you know how it is with that whole child star syndrom. People don't want you to change. He was an awesome talent.

I think he would've had a career had he not take one more hit of that syringe. :no:
I don't know about that. In general child stars lose their popularity after they hit puperty. Drugs don't really destroy careers in all cases, look at Ozzy Osbourne & Keith Richards.

Back