French fans sue Jackson doctor for distress

I don't like this idea. Fans appeal to write a letter to Judge Pastor as a part of victim-impact statement was called weird and ridiculous although was better and more consistent than this.

Personnally, I don't agree with what those fans are doing. It's taking it too far. I'm not a legal expert, but I don't see how it will work. Ludot's idea is : Murray caused harm doing something illegal so he must pay, because every harm deserves compensation.

From the articles I read , his idea seems to be : first prove Murray did something illegal, then get compensation.
How is he going to prove Murray did something illegal in a French court ? Try Murray again in France for something that did ot happen in France? One of the articles said he requested Michael's medical files. I don't understand how a French court would be competent when it happened in the US. And Murray was convicted in the US. So the logical thing IMO would be to sue him in the US, not in another country.

Then he will have to prove severe emotional damage AND prove the connection with Michael's death. It means that they will probably have to find doctors that will testify that an illness, a nervous breakdown is directly and mostly linked to Michael's death, excluding any other problem in their personnal lives.

From the AP article, they're sueing him for 10 000 € per person (13 000 $), not for a symbolic euro. Although if they win (not likely), a judge could give them a symbolic € (ie 1 € per person).

^^ What? They put a price on it?? 13 000 $ is a relevant price?
O Gosh....
yes, but maybe they have to set an amount in the french system, I don't know that. But if they had sued for a symbolic euro, the meaning of their action would have been different.

yes, but maybe they have to set an amount in the french system, I don't know that. But if they had sued for a symbolic euro, the meaning of their action would have been different.

Quote from the article:

He said that while each fan could be awarded damages of up to 10,000 euros (13,000 dollars), they were seeking only a symbolic euro.

According to the article, they ARE only seeking "a symbolic euro, each." It amounts to the same thing, in that it's obvious they are not "profit-seeking."

Autumn II;3587475 said:
Quote from the article:

According to the article, they ARE only seeking "a symbolic euro, each." It amounts to the same thing, in that it's obvious they are not "profit-seeking."
thanks, I had misread it then. Other sources don't talk about any amount, they say "could get up to 1000 or 10 000 € each . If they only ask for 1 €, that's a different meaning to me, meaning they only want to be legally and officially recognised as "victims" , but I really don't believe it will work, for the reasons I wrote above.

I think the lawyer is just doing it for publicity.

That's what angers me the most. I believe this a**hole is using those fans to get attention, like he's done before. He must know this case wont go anywhere.

I understand their feelings, but it's not the right thing to do, IMO.

Agree the lawyer is obviously a nutjob and his motives arent pure but i support the fans considering the jacksons dont give a dam about comp

Yeah, but since he's an idiot, all they'll achieve is being ridiculed in the media I'm afraid. Them, and us all by extension. :(

What happens if they lose will they have to pay Murray's costs?

These types of laws should be removed from the books. I'm gonna sue all you just because I think you make me sad. lol

Does anyone know if these fans have a website? I'm interested in learning more about them. I'd imagine they would have expressed their feelings somewhere on the web before coming together and taking legal action.

I was wondering if they were the same fans who wanted to create a cult dedicated to MJ, and by reading a bit of their blog, I found out that they are the same...

So how many times do they want their names next to MJ's name in the media?..

smh...

I have to say I, and many of us probably, discussed this possibility one day or another on this forum or between friends... but there is a difference between talking about it doing it, there's a reason why it hasn't been done yet...

Anyway, if it makes them happy...

Back