From the Estate: Michael Jackson/Justin Bieber Duet NOT Happening

Spyce

Guests
Just released from MJOnline:

mjonline-small.png

Hello:

The Estate has become aware of chatter regarding a potential release of a Michael Jackson/Justin Bieber duet of "Slave To The Rhythm". The MJ fan community should rest assured that while there have been lots of ideas thrown out, the Estate has confirmed that there are absolutely no plans to release any Jackson/Bieber duet.

Thank you,

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Last edited:
Re: Statement from the Estate regarding Justin Bieber

Good. There's no reason for anyone to even feature on Slave. It can be successful on its own. Just like any MJ song :D

What a relief.

Great news, but still this part: "while there have been lots of ideas thrown out". Why even consider it?

"Move along now people. Nothing to see here!"

:smilerolleyes:

Good to see that they squashed this rumour. Strange that LA Reid is strongly suggesting things like this will happen then, especially when he is being interviewed to promote this album.

Good to see that they squashed this rumour. Strange that LA Reid is strongly suggesting things like this will happen then, especially when he is being interviewed to promote this album.
LA is probably genuinely disappointed about a statement like this, because like he said in that interview he signed Bieber and feels he needs to 'protect him'.

However, I'm really glad the fans have spoken out against this and made themselves heard that they do not want any sort of Jackson/Bieber collaboration to released.

Bieber has unfortunately been making constant mistakes with his career. He will need to spend a few years trying really hard to recover respect if he ever wants near another Michael Jackson song.

You're probably all wrong, it will still probably be released, I just know it will and you watch it. Not my beliefs but things like this happen.

Last edited:

You're probably all wrong, it will still probably be released, I just know it will and you watch it.

LA Reid, is that you?

You're probably all wrong, it will still probably be released, I just know it will and you watch it.
I hope not, but it scares me that LA Reid is so for it...

I'm so glad that teeny bopper brat won't be anywhere near our precious and reveared King, :king2: THANK YOU MJ Estate! My reaction when I read the statement:

bvb104-gif-drew-relief.gif

I'm so glad that teeny bopper brat won't be anywhere near our precious and reveared King, :king2: THANK YOU MJ Estate! My reaction when I read the statement:

bvb104-gif-drew-relief.gif

Mmm.. Drew Scott. He's so gorgeous- but Jonathan is definitely the better looking of the two. I like the longer hair and just the overall more rugged look... oh my GOD! :dropdead: Sorry :lol:

Mmm.. Drew Scott. He's so gorgeous- but Jonathan is definitely the better looking of the two. I like the longer hair and just the overall more rugged look... oh my GOD! :dropdead: Sorry :lol:

LOL! Agree. ;) Jonathan is definitely the better choice, plus he's so skilled with his hands. I love a handy man.:)

What's with all the hate for Justin Bieber. Were you guys ever young once? Did you ever do stuff that was foolish? This is what young people do--but most of us aren't followed around by the tabs and paps who put everything put in the public eye and pass the harshest judgment so that hate has a target. There is no reason to hate this kid. You don't want him around MJ songs--fine--but I think the hate has gone too far.

Full disclosure--I did stuff as a kid--even breaking the law--that I would not want everyone to know about and trash me about.One tidbit--me and a friend took dad's car while parents were asleep and drove it around town--no driver's licenses of course. That happened twice.

Has JB killed anyone? I do not get the hate here.

Last edited:
The Estate has been very serious about listening to the MJ fan community so honestly I was not worried about A Bieber sighting anywhere near a Michael project. We should rest assured that the Estate after the MICHAEL disaster will do its utmost to avoid upsetting us in any way. They've done an amazing job with this release and they don't want to go backwards in any way. Thank you Estate!

What's with all the hate for Justin Bieber. Were you guys ever young once? Did you ever do stuff that was foolish? This is what young people do--but most of us aren't followed around by the tabs and paps who put everything put in the public eye and pass the harshest judgment so that hate has a target. There is no reason to hate this kid. You don't want him around MJ songs--fine--but I think the hate has gone too far.

Full disclosure--I did stuff as a kid--even breaking the law--that I would not want everyone to know about and trash me about.One tidbit--me and a friend took dad's car while parents were asleep and drove it around town--no driver's licenses of course. That happened twice.

On my part I don't hate the guy. I just don't like someone that is a subpar talent who is not respected in the music business doing a collaboration with Michael. JB imo is a mere teen idol whose 15 minutes of fame is over. Michael is a hugely respected artist as we all know and should only work with talent on his level.

I never quite had any problem with Bieber, primarily because I'm not his intended audience in the first place, so basically I'm not interested in him. I don't understand why so many people, many of whom I suppose are adults, seem to love to hate him. Also, I wouldn't expect a kid to behave politely when he/she is thrown in front of a bunch of paparazzi. However, I'm not sure about his drug use.

By the way, what happened to the also-rumored guest appearance of D'Angelo and Mary J Blige?

Bieber is not a bad guy. He's just a brat. He's like the "Ha Ha" kid in the Simpsons, just entitlement and not having any clear sense of right and wrong.

I liked some of his music, especially the Believe album. But it's sad, if he destroyed his own career through his own foolishness. Maybe he should have been signed later, when he had outgrown all of the childish tendencies that he has?

He's had a ridiculous haircut for a while, but I'm not throwing stones. Michael and Prince were "weird" in the 80's, and I've always liked them.

Except, when you get caught for doing something once (The whole lean thing), and then apologize. And then just get photographed with more, and recorded singing songs about "lean" and how it makes you feel, it's no longer a mistake. And you don't care for the advice people attempt to give in regards to your life and career. At that point, you don't deserve to be cuddled and consoled.

It's not even that though. Justin Bieber just isn't a good enough artists, in the eyes of many, to be put on a record with Michael Jackson.

I am glad to hear this, not because I have any particular opinion of Justin Bieber but because I just think it's not the right thing to do. After all, he showed pure arrogance in leaking that version of STTR without even having necessary consent, why reward that foolishness with something that a lot of artists would be truly honoured by.

Back