George Michael

Woo....he's added a date on the Sunday...I sooo want to go but just cant afford it right now.

I wish artists would give us some decent warning before they do things like this....I cant just rustle up £70 odd quit for a ticket..and when theres about 6 of us wanting to go...someones credit card has to take a right good bashing for it.

I have to see this though......the December show was so good, a stadium would be amazing!

Woo....he's added a date on the Sunday...I sooo want to go but just cant afford it right now.

I wish artists would give us some decent warning before they do things like this....I cant just rustle up £70 odd quit for a ticket..and when theres about 6 of us wanting to go...someones credit card has to take a right good bashing for it.

I have to see this though......the December show was so good, a stadium would be amazing![/b]

Me too. I CANT make it to London in June at all. I am all budgeted out to that date. But I'm lookin at going to Rome at the end of July.....

Hope I make it..

He's gonna KICK ASS at Wembley. :kickass2:

DAMMIT!!!! lol!

I don't have a credit card and I need a few weeks notice before I could stick it on my credit card! Jeeez.. these selfish popstars, wanting to strike while the iron's hot!!! :p

DAMMIT!!!! lol!

I don't have a credit card and I need a few weeks notice before I could stick it on my credit card! Jeeez.. these selfish popstars, wanting to strike while the iron's hot!!! :p[/b]

Ha Ha. :innocent:

It rumors that he'll be on 31-st of May for a live concert here in Bucharest - Romania.
Jamgirl, have you heard any of it?

I dunno where from to buy those damn tickets :ranting

It will bug the hell out of me to miss this chance of seeing Georgie live.

OMG!!! To hear him sing Jesus to child, and all the 80's goodies *faints*
He sung live spinning the wheel? :eek: OMG!!! I just DON'T HAVE TO MISS this opportunity of seeing him live

:flowers:

70 quid for a ticket? ouch certainly aint something u want to happen at short notice.

It rumors that he'll be on 31-st of May for a live concert here in Bucharest - Romania.
Jamgirl, have you heard any of it?

I dunno where from to buy those damn tickets :ranting

It will bug the hell out of me to miss this chance of seeing Georgie live.

OMG!!! To hear him sing Jesus to child, and all the 80's goodies *faints*
He sung live spinning the wheel? :eek: OMG!!! I just DON'T HAVE TO MISS this opportunity of seeing him live

:flowers:[/b]

YES !!! There WILL be a concert in Bucharest on that date. I'm not sure if he'll Jesus to a Child on a STADIUM tour, he did it on the arena tour..try and get a ticket at ticket master and other websites. As soon as I get the direct link I'll tell ya.

And Spinning the Wheel was amazing live too....but my faves were I'm Your Man, Amazing, Faith, Everything She Wants...

kennygirlsLL1303_468x309.jpg

Kenny Goss is lucky he has a forgiving partner in George Michael - after he went on a £62,000 spending spree at an auction last night.

The singer's flamboyant lover was on top form as he cavorted with pals Jerry Hall and Tracey Emin - burying his head in both their cleavages.

As the champagne flowed at Christie's in St James's, Kenny could not stop himself from leaping from his chair and throwing in bids left right and centre.

The auctioneer even had to start ignoring bids from Kenny as he begged him to give the other people in the room a chance.

He eventually won three lots at the Lighthouse Gala Auction, which was raising money for the Terrence Higgins Trust, of which he is a patron.

But he insisted he won't be getting a rollicking from George, and told the Eye: "George and I are so lucky. I think the best thing about being gay without any kids is we're able to do so much to help people.

"One of the things that p***** me off is that George is one of the most generous guys, but people never realise. He is the least materialistic man - he could give away every last nickel he had without caring.î

Good job, then. Kenny splashed £50,000 on a neon sign by Tracey Emin, £7,000 on a pair of designer chairs and £5,000 on a tour of the Coronation Street set by actor Antony Cotton.

We will also get to see Jerry Hall pulling pints in the Rovers Return after Kenny cajoled her into joining the tour lot - before winning the bid himself.

Jerry will also be joining Tracey and comedienne Joan Rivers as they agreed to clean one bidder's house. The winner paid £13,000 for the privilege, although they were warned not to expect much from their celebrity scrubbers. Tracey told the Eye: "He's got the three of us, so God f***ing help him! I'll do whatever needs doing. Perhaps he could throw a party and we could help clear up afterwards.î

Jerry confessed: "We're just going to be sitting around drinking and eating chocolate.î

Tracey raised £110,000 on the night. Her neon went to Kenny and she then offered to make a custom sign for the highest bidder - the eventual winner paying £60,000.

Overall, organisers were delighted with a record-breaking haul of £252,000 for the HIV/AIDs charity.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/arti...tion/article.do

zwinnerux0.jpg

First Prize-Jordan Smith, South Grand Prairie High School

SONY BMG AND GOSS GALLERY ANNOUNCE WINNERS OF
"FIRST LOVE" STUDENT PHOTO CONTEST
Dallas Competition Set to Move on to International Cities

DALLAS, TX (February 22, 2007) - Kenny Goss, owner of Goss Gallery, and his partner, musician George Michael, are pleased to announce the winners of the student photo contest sponsored by Goss Gallery in Dallas and Sony BMG Music Entertainment, one of the world's leaders in music and entertainment.

This year's winners are First Prize-Jordan Smith, South Grand Prairie High School, Second Prize-Alexa Kutler, The Greenhill School and Third Prize-Calvin Vandara, South Grand Prairie High School. Avi S. Azouz, Yavneh Academy of Dallas and Helena Thompson, Booker T. Washington received Honorable Mentions.

The contest featured photographs submitted by Dallas area high school seniors and focused on the theme "First Love." The 1st place winner will receive a state-of-the-art Sony computer and digital camera as well as a $1,000 United States Savings Bond. The 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive savings bonds of $500 and $250 accordingly. In addition, the winning image will become part of the George Michael-Kenny Goss art collection, displayed in Goss Gallery in Dallas and its offices in London as well as featured on the gallery’s website. The Michael-Goss collection has been valued at over $100 million and is considered one of the best photography collections in the world, second only to their close friend and superstar collector Sir Elton John.

Following the success of the Dallas competition, plans call for similar student events in cities around the world, according to Goss.

http://gossgallery.com/frameset.php

OMG! It's getting exciting! George Michael concert soon! :wild:
I'm watching some clips on youtube. I love Father Figure, too!

Btw, I really hope everything goes as planned and I'm going to his concert in May! He's coming to Hungary/Budapest. That's near my country, so I plan to go with my sister and couple of M.J. fans who love George Michael, too. WOW! I can only imagine how it's gonna feel like. I've been waiting for that for so long. I like his music since elementary school, some time around I fell in love with Michael Jackson's art. There are other artists on my list that I'd like to see live, too. I think it's just started rolling finally, woohoo! I can't wait to see George Michael! WOW!

OMG! It's getting exciting! George Michael concert soon! :wild:
I'm watching some clips on youtube. I love Father Figure, too!

Btw, I really hope everything goes as planned and I'm going to his concert in May! He's coming to Hungary/Budapest. That's near my country, so I plan to go with my sister and couple of M.J. fans who love George Michael, too. WOW! I can only imagine how it's gonna feel like. I've been waiting for that for so long. I like his music since elementary school, some time around I fell in love with Michael Jackson's art. There are other artists on my list that I'd like to see live, too. I think it's just started rolling finally, woohoo! I can't wait to see George Michael! WOW![/b]

That's so awesome. I went to Wembley back in December....his concert was AWESOME !!!! George totally kills it live. He is phenomenal. He'll have you entranced from the beginning to the end.

I've bought tickets myself to his concert at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, and trying to make that concert.

G.M. ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kickass2:

John Lennon's Iconic 'Imagine' Piano Goes to Washington To Be Photographed at the Site of Abraham Lincoln's Assassination

Musician George Michael Wants Image to Promote Peace in Today's World

WASHINGTON, April 13 /PRNewswire/ -- The following was released today
by Goss Gallery:
WHAT: The famous piano on which John Lennon composed "Imagine" in 1971
is being sent to Ford's Theatre in Washington D.C. by superstar musician
George Michael and will be photographed to help promote peace in an
increasingly violent world. The photograph will take place 142 years to the
day that one of America's most famous presidents was assassinated. To
further strengthen the message of peace, plans include having "Imagine"
played on the piano at each stop.
"By taking the piano to the site of President Lincoln's death, we are
reminded that violence has long been a part of our history," said George
Michael, "Our deepest wish is to imagine a world of peace, a world without
violence."
Michael and his partner, Kenny Goss, owner of Goss Gallery in Dallas,
plan to have the piano photographed at significant locations in the United
States and across the world where horrific acts of violence have taken
place in order to spread the message of peace. To date, photos have been
taken at Dealy Plaza, site of President Kennedy's assassination, the
Memphis site of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s death and the Texas State
Penitentiary at Huntsville, location of all of Texas' executions. Plans
call for photos in Oklahoma City, site of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal
Building bombing (April 19), the former Branch Davidian compound in Waco,
TX (April 19) and the site of the tragic school attack at Columbine High
School in Colorado (April 20). A video documentary and a published volume
of these iconic images are under development with plans to donate proceeds
to charity.
A European tour is being planned to demonstrate the global reach and
affect of violence in today's society. Sites of horrific violence that has
changed the course of history in Europe will be included. Plans include
stops at the Tower of London, a former place of imprisonment, Auschwitz
Concentration Camp, location of the devastating Nazi violence and the
devastating bombing on July 7, 2005 of the London Underground and other
locations.
The Ford's Theatre site is the forth location in this project and the
photo will be taken on Saturday, April 14.
WHERE: Ford's Theatre
Washington D.C.

WHEN: Saturday, April 14
5:00 pm until 9:00 pm Piano delivered and uncrated, moved to
photo site at Ford's Theatre

WHO: Caroline True, creative director, Imagine Piano Peace Project
Patrick G. Ryan, photographer

BACKGROUND:
George Michael bought the piano on which John Lennon composed
"Imagine", considered the most expensive piece of pop memorabilia, at an
auction in October 2000. The piano is considered priceless. However, some
experts have put its value at US$8 million to $12 million.
The song, Imagine, was first released in 1971 and was already John
Lennon's most famous post-Beatles song, but it took on a whole new life of
its own following Lennon's murder in December 1980. When first released,
"Imagine" reached No. 3 in America and No. 6 in Britain but after Lennon's
death in December 1980, the song gave him a posthumous No. 1.
Lennon bought the piano in December 1970, had it delivered to studios
at his home in Tittenhurst Park in Berkshire, composed and recorded
"Imagine" on it. The piano is a simple upright style instrument, not the
white piano which graced the cover of the album. In 1992, it was bought by
a private British collector who put it up for auction in October 2000.
Goss Gallery: Founded by Dallas native Kenny Goss, Goss Gallery
(http://www.gossgallery.com ) is located at 2500 Cedar Springs Road at
Fairmont in Uptown Dallas. Headed by curator/director and internationally
recognized art advisor Filippo Tattoni-Marcozzi, it is a contemporary art
gallery featuring a rotating group of international young as well as
established artists and was specifically created to reflect the feel and
program of the leading galleries of London, Paris and New York, with
regularly scheduled exhibitions of 20th and 21st century contemporary
painting and photography.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....5253&EDATE=

I'm going to the concert in Budapest with mj sanya. I absolutely can't wait. i'm still kinda hoping that he'll hold a concert in our country as well as there's more dates to be added. and I'd love to attend more than just one gig:)))
me and sanya would love to meet other MJ/GM fans while in Budapest!

I'm going to the concert in Budapest with mj sanya. I absolutely can't wait. i'm still kinda hoping that he'll hold a concert in our country as well as there's more dates to be added. and I'd love to attend more than just one gig:)))
me and sanya would love to meet other MJ/GM fans while in Budapest![/b]

You'll find a few. :innocent:

i don't know how y'all feel about wham, but last night when i was shopping, the store was blaring this song. of, course i was groovin in the aisles. i haven't heard this jam in a loong time. my goodness, when i was a kid, i loved george and andrew. i just knew when i got older one of dem boys would be my boyfriend. hubba hubba!

freedom by wham (with some commentary at the beginning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqvbwZ9p1CA

you can see how it would appeal to a 8-year-old kid.

i don't know how y'all feel about wham, but last night when i was shopping, the store was blaring this song. of, course i was groovin in the aisles. i haven't heard this jam in a loong time. my goodness, when i was a kid, i loved george and andrew. i just knew when i got older one of dem boys would be my boyfriend. hubba hubba!

freedom by wham (with some commentary at the beginning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqvbwZ9p1CA

you can see how it would appeal to a 8-year-old kid.[/b]

Bleh, I am a kid of the 90's. Dont care for Wham!

Pre-gig court hearing for Michael

George Michael will be the first performer at the new Wembley
Singer George Michael has been ordered to appear in court the day before a sell-out concert at Wembley Stadium.
The pop superstar, 43, was arrested last October and faces charges of driving under the influence of drugs.

A district judge in north-west London ruled on Tuesday that Mr Michael's trial would start on 8 May, followed by hearings on 30 and 31 May and 8 June.

The star, real name George Panayiotou, is due to play the first concert at the new Wembley Stadium on 9 June.

The concert is part of his British and European stadium tour, which starts in May.

Mr Michael is facing charges of driving while unfit through drugs and being in charge of a vehicle while unfit through drugs.

Traffic 'obstruction'

District Judge Katherine Marshall at Brent Magistrates' Court rejected an application for the singer to be allowed to be absent throughout the trial.

She said she wanted him to be in court on 8 May and would be willing, if he did not wish to remain at the trial, to bail him to reappear on the final day, 8 June.

Judge Marshall said: "He is around in the area because I believe he is appearing at Wembley Stadium. I do not think he will have any difficulty in being here on June 8."

Mr Michael was arrested on 1 October after motorists called police to report a car causing an obstruction at traffic lights in Cricklewood.

He was subsequently charged with being unfit to drive through drugs and cautioned for cannabis possession.

The charge of being in charge of a vehicle while unfit through drugs was added at a hearing at Brent Magistrates' Court last month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6590847.stm

That's so awesome. I went to Wembley back in December....his concert was AWESOME !!!! George totally kills it live. He is phenomenal. He'll have you entranced from the beginning to the end.

I've bought tickets myself to his concert at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, and trying to make that concert.

G.M. ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kickass2:[/b]
WOW, great! You already had chance to see him and to enjoy the show and you're going AGAIN! Very nice!
I'm really looking forward to seeing him live! I've read so many positive posts here about his show.

Can you, please, tell me when we're supposed to come to the stadium in order to have a good view, something like front row, very near the stage - how early do we have to be there before the concert starts? Thanx!

WOW, great! You already had chance to see him and to enjoy the show and you're going AGAIN! Very nice!
I'm really looking forward to seeing him live! I've read so many positive posts here about his show.

Can you, please, tell me when we're supposed to come to the stadium in order to have a good view, something like front row, very near the stage - how early do we have to be there before the concert starts? Thanx![/b]

Well I arrived at the concert two hours before time. So a good hour-2hours before will be great, and try to get close to the stage...you need to feel the aura of the man, and you may be lucky enough to spot Kenny (George's man) who is often standing/seated towards the front and near the stage. But if you cant....get something that gives you a massive view of the big screens, I'm not sure if he'll have the same stage like the arena tour.

GM :wub:

Countdown to the second leg of 25 live begins......Concert on the 12th of May, in Coimbra, Portugal....:)

* a careless whisper has been floating that he will announce American & Aussie dates soon* :wub:

Careless whisper, Faith and Last Chrismas are classic and true masterpieces.
Amazing! I dream of hearing this songs live in July in Moscow) Hope I'll have enough money to visit his concert)

Careless whisper, Faith and Last Chrismas are classic and true masterpieces.
Amazing! I dream of hearing this songs live in July in Moscow) Hope I'll have enough money to visit his concert)[/b]

I hope you do too. :flowers:

I'm leaving on Tuesday if everything goes as planned. Concert is on Wednesday in Budapest. We'll spend one night there and go sightseeing and stuff.

Btw, I visited Budapest few years ago when I went with my sister to see Britney Spears perform. I liked the town. I'll enjoy nice architecture again. But, George Michael concert finally! WOOHOO! Can't wait!
If I have to choose, one of my favourite songs are Father Figure, Older and Careless Whispers.

Ohhhhh, myyy gooood!!! Speechless...

I arrived from Budapest yesterday morning. Those couple of days I spent there were something special - both the city and the concert, it was so emotional and magical, something I will always remember.

George Michael was just amazing, I can't describe how I felt. It was something I wanted to experience long time ago and it finally happened.
He sounds so good live, he looks great, I like the way he moves when he dances, so sexy! :wub:

We came hours earlier and we managed to be in the front row! I had an awsome view, center of the stage, I could see everything, plus the man himself who was often just a meter away! Aaaaahhhh! The aura of his presence...mmm...very nice!
Oh btw, it was so cool when I saw myself on that big screen on the stage a few times. Never happened to me before.

To make the whole event even better, some really good music was played before the concert started and guess what - we were surprised to hear our Mikey! They played a lot of his songs, we really enjoyed it, especially 'cause my friends who were with me are also big M.J. fans. Btw, it is the very stadium Michael Jackson performed, too. I can only imagine how THAT must felt like.

George Michael gave me so much that night, something I will never forget. It was worth the wait.
He's a true star. He really impressed me and I like him even more now.

I'm grateful for the wonderful experience.

Ohhhhh, myyy gooood!!! Speechless...

I arrived from Budapest yesterday morning. Those couple of days I spent there were something special - both the city and the concert, it was so emotional and magical, something I will always remember.

George Michael was just amazing, I can't describe how I felt. It was something I wanted to experience long time ago and it finally happened.
He sounds so good live, he looks great, I like the way he moves when he dances, so sexy! :wub:

We came hours earlier and we managed to be in the front row! I had an awsome view, center of the stage, I could see everything, plus the man himself who was often just a meter away! Aaaaahhhh! The aura of his presence...mmm...very nice!
Oh btw, it was so cool when I saw myself on that big screen on the stage a few times. Never happened to me before.

To make the whole event even better, some really good music was played before the concert started and guess what - we were surprised to hear our Mikey! They played a lot of his songs, we really enjoyed it, especially 'cause my friends who were with me are also big M.J. fans. Btw, it is the very stadium Michael Jackson performed, too. I can only imagine how THAT must felt like.

George Michael gave me so much that night, something I will never forget. It was worth the wait.
He's a true star. He really impressed me and I like him even more now.

I'm grateful for the wonderful experience.[/b]

Wow...thanks for your report. I told ya that George wouldn't leave u disappointed. :kickass2:

He's AWESOME. Gonna share ur report with the other board members at GMforums and with the Official Fan Club.

He dedicated JTAC to Anselmo and Amazing "to the man he loves"...RIGHT?

Ooh, this makes me all bubbly....Its always lovely when ppl discover my Georgie :wub:

Back