George Michael

This guy fooled everyone pretending to be straight when he was gay. His songs about girls are exposed as lies now. What a shame.

This guy fooled everyone pretending to be straight when he was gay. His songs about girls are exposed as lies now. What a shame.
Yeah, and Johnny Cash really shot a man to watch him die. And all this time I thought Debbie Harry met an alien who ate Cadillacs and guitars. What was I thinking? Anyway, when he was young George slept with women and men. George said he last slept with a woman around 1986.

ok, but... does that make him a bad artist at all? :scratch:

I was there back in the days and I was really surprised and shocked to know his truth but... He doesn't owe me a thing!! So who cares about my opinion on his personal life? His songs remain wonderful anyhow.

I don't like his music for his sleeping with this or that girl/man. In fact, to be honest, that is something I really DON'T want to know about anyone; those used to be private issues, but some people have made a career built upon gossips of they sleeping with this or that, without having a drop of talent. Shame on them :no:

I really don't care about Michael's private issues, for those are his.
And yes, I do mean Michael both as a name and as a surname ;)

I LOVED his performance with Queen at the Freddie Mercury tribute Concert his vocals blew me away on the performance of Somebody To Love it was amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-7jmD7OxE

absolutely amazing performance, especially in that song.
He sings his heart out!!!
:clapping:

but my favourite is his unpplugged. OOhhhhh I remember back then, I was in a fan list and the friends form UK would give us details on the recording... no way to have MP3s, nor youtube's nothing. I thought I would never had the chance to actually hear it, but time proved me wrong. I love it sooooo much!!! I was surprised to hear him singing "I can't make you love me"....one of my favourites ever. He sings it perfectly and it's soooo emotional :cry:

If anyone is interested, I've heard that Sony is releasing a remastered version of Faith in September.

Really? Why? It's no big anniversary.

Any detail as to extra tracks etc?
http://www.georgemichael.com
Sony Music proudly announce the reissue of George Michael’s iconic debut solo album Faith

On the 27th September 2010, Sony Music will be reissuing George Michael’s iconic album, Faith, now remastered. It will be available in multiple special formats including Limited Edition Numbered Collectors box set.
When George Michael released his debut solo album Faith in 1987 it instantly caught the imagination of the entire pop world, becoming a milestone in both George Michael’s career and in popular culture. It remains a high point in pop music, as well as a measure for any artist wanting to cross musical genres and gather both popular and critical appeal.
The album confirmed George’s status as a songwriter of outstanding ability and emotional depth and it propelled him to superstar status equal to that of Elton John, Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson and Madonna. After hitting the Number One spot in the UK, the USA and many other countries across the globe, Faith went on to sell over 20 million albums worldwide. It became the best selling US album of 1988 and was awarded the prestigious Diamond Award for sales of 10 million copies.
Faith rapidly became a record-breaking phenomenon, not only producing six Number One singles but also putting George Michael on the map as the first white male artist to hit Number One on the US R&B chart. Faith features some of George’s greatest songs including "Father Figure", "One More Try", "Faith", "Kissing A Fool" and "I Want Your Sex".
The album was written, produced and arranged entirely by George Michael. His artistry has resulted in countless accolades, including a Grammy for “Album of the Year” and three American Music Awards, namely: Favourite Album (Soul/R&B); Favourite Male Vocalist (Soul/R&B) and Favourite Male Vocalist (Pop/Rock). Additional tributes included an MTV Award for Father Figure” (Best Direction) and two Ivor Novello Awards for “Songwriter of the Year” and “International Hit of the Year”.
To date, has sold over 100 million records throughout the world; his music sounds as fresh as it did when Faith was first released in 1987. So much so, in fact, that George Michael’s songs – including tracks from Faith – recently featured in the hit US TV show Eli Stone. As well as appearing on the show himself, George’s songs were used as a theme for each episode.
Today, George Michael continues to inspire young talent and his influence can be heard amongst many of today’s pop and R&B artists. The remastered, reissued Faith will not only delight George’s legions of fans across the world, but it will continue to influence a whole new generation of musicians.
George Michael’s Faith will be reissued globally by Sony Music. The UK release date is the 27th September.

George Michael - Faith limited edition numbered collectors box set
Available for pre-order now!
First 2,000 orders receive an exclusive, numbered art print designed especially for GeorgeMichael.com fans
Includes
  • Re-mastered album
  • CD of re-mastered 12" versions / B sides
  • DVD featuring 60 minute Channel 4 special from 1987, 'George Michael and Jonathan Ross Have Words' + 25 minute Music Money Love Faith EPK + 7 re-mastered promo videos
  • Stunning 60 page hard-bound book including exclusive interview with George Michael, rare photos and memorabilia
  • Vinyl album replica of original LP
  • Memorabilia envelope including 5 art prints, reproduction poster, tickets and tour pass from Faith tour
  • All housed in a 12x12 numbered, black and gold-foiled slipcase
1000x1000.jpg

Last edited:
Do you guys think it would be possible to talk George into performing As live ? I do not know him personally so i do not know how i could contact him to ask him if he could do that just once, that song is just too fantastic.

Sony Music proudly announce the reissue of George Michael’s iconic debut solo album Faith

Includes
  • Re-mastered album
  • CD of re-mastered 12" versions / B sides
  • DVD featuring 60 minute Channel 4 special from 1987, 'George Michael and Jonathan Ross Have Words' + 25 minute Music Money Love Faith EPK + 7 re-mastered promo videos
  • Stunning 60 page hard-bound book including exclusive interview with George Michael, rare photos and memorabilia
  • Vinyl album replica of original LP
  • Memorabilia envelope including 5 art prints, reproduction poster, tickets and tour pass from Faith tour
  • All housed in a 12x12 numbered, black and gold-foiled slipcase
1000x1000.jpg

Thanks for that. May be worth getting for the extra CD. Looks like it may cost a bit though.

I'd prefer to them to release an official Unplugged set.

George Michael Unplugged is one of the best live sets I've ever seen in my life.

Thanks for that. May be worth getting for the extra CD. Looks like it may cost a bit though.

I'd prefer to them to release an official Unplugged set.

George Michael Unplugged is one of the best live sets I've ever seen in my life.
That's the deluxe version. The album without the other stuff will be released also. I don't think Unplugged has anything to do with Faith. It came out in the 1990s when George wasn't on Sony, so they most likely don't own the footage. MTV is probably in charge of it and they're known for being expensive in leasing footage. Sony would also have to pay for the non-Sony songs.

I'm still waiting for the new album... though it's awesome to have Faith remastered.

That's the deluxe version. The album without the other stuff will be released also. I don't think Unplugged has anything to do with Faith. It came out in the 1990s when George wasn't on Sony, so they most likely don't own the footage. MTV is probably in charge of it and they're known for being expensive in leasing footage. Sony would also have to pay for the non-Sony songs.

I know Sony won't have it but his current label will, some of it got released as B sides from some of the Older songs.

I know Sony won't have it but his current label will, some of it got released as B sides from some of the Older songs.
If Unplugged is by MTV, then they own it, not a record label. So the label would have to pay MTV/Viacom to use the footage or songs from it in addition to any publishing. That's why variety or music shows are rarely released on DVD, there's a lot of money to pay out. This is also why songs are cut out of TV show DVD's. Some ask for too much money.

On the 27th September 2010, Sony Music will be reissuing George Michael’s iconic album, Faith, now remastered. It will be available in multiple special formats including Limited Edition Numbered Collectors box set.
1000x1000.jpg

SUCH GOOD INFO!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing:
GREAT, GREAT!!! Thanks so much, I had no single iidea!!!
Now this is soooooo gooooddd!!
Hope it has some new tracks or the like.

wowowowow!!! So many people coming back in September. Same with Phill Collins and others. And then (hopefully) November will bring new music of our dear Mike. Aahhhhhh :cheers:

ABSOLUTELY.
A piece of gold. I have it, but I guess is but a bootleg :)ninja:)
I love it!!! And back in the days it was so much fun to get info through the old and now almost primitive fan forums!! :toofunny:

ahhhh.. the good old days. Cheers to those!! :cheers:

aggggggggggg!!!
I would have to pay USD$141 for the set and almost USD$165 in taxes and the like to have this sent to my country. Too bad!!! !!! no way! :no:

Whatever, I can always get the normal thing :dancing:

[youtube]PPUowLJ893g[/youtube]

great song.
"You need a lover, I am just a friend...." :eek:
I like that single set very much.

and what about this one?
their voices.... ahhh... and now that I am older, maaaan... this song makes so much sense :)

Those were the days of our lives
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing is true-
When i look and i find, i still love you.

:)

Faith was a big big album back in the late 80's. So many great tracks on the album. MJ and George kinda both reigned supreme for the closing years of the 1980s.

I love the Faith album. I have a copy on cd. Would love to get my hands on this new re-release

Queen with George Michael footage! I love it.
I love George Michael's voice and in my opion he was the only one who did the Queen songs justice during that concert.
There's a reason why this video has gotten over 4 million views..

It sucks how ever since the late 90's the focus has been more on his personal problems instead of on his one of a kind voice.

Last edited:
I love George Michael's voice and in my opion he was the only one who did the Queen songs justice during that concert.

It sucks how ever since the late 90's the focus has been more on his personal problems instead of on his one of a kind voice.

I agree. George did an icredible job singing with Queen at the tribute concert. Beautiful voice and worthy of peforming with an incredible band. He deserves more respect than he gets.

I agree, it's one performance that always makes me well up whenever I hear or see it. George's voice is sublime on this and the audience reaction is just magical.

In regards to focus on his personal problems he should stop taking drugs and then trying to drive, he's lucky he hasn't killed anybody/himself.

I'm kind of surprised that the surviving members of Queen have not teamed up with George to do something together. I think if anyone could pull it off, it would be George. I thought Paul Rodgers did a great job when he worked with Queen, but I think George probably could do it a bit better

BTW, this gig for Mercury is the exact example of a total failure of the Jacksons and MJ Estate because they failed to cooperate in presenting such a tribute for Michael!!!

... shame...

Back