Get a glimpse at "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy", "Behind The Mask" and all the rest on "Michael"

Re: Get a glimpse at "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy", "Behind The Mask" and all the rest on "Mich

Michael will be the best album released for soo many years.

Re: Get a glimpse at "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy", "Behind The Mask" and all the rest on "Mich

I'm always having a change of mind. I'm so uncertain. I really want him to get that record yet I'm afraid if I'm putting money in the wrong people's pockets...Oh my.

Confusion. Confusion. What makes it harder is that the fans believe different things and each side pressures their view point and guess what? ALL IS VALID!

P.S.

Why does it say Epic Records and not Sony?

^
Epic Records is a subsidary of Sony.

I'm always having a change of mind. I'm so uncertain. I really want him to get that record yet I'm afraid if I'm putting money in the wrong people's pockets...Oh my.

Confusion. Confusion. What makes it harder is that the fans believe different things and each side pressures their view point and guess what? ALL IS VALID!

P.S.

Why does it say Epic Records and not Sony?

think of it that way...when MJ was fighting with Sony & Mottola, did he continue promoting his album? Or did he ask fans not to support the album?

He worked his butt off to promote and sell the album. That should be your clue.

Knowing how devastated MJ was when "number ones" did not get to #1...I think it's fair to assume he would want the album his estate decided to release in his name to be successful.

And me personally, this will be his kids' first real life experience of an MJ release...they were too young in 2001. So I want him on top of that damn Billboard top 200 the week after December 14th, for his babies.

think of it that way...when MJ was fighting with Sony & Mottola, did he continue promoting his album? Or did he ask fans not to support the album?

He worked his butt off to promote and sell the album. That should be your clue.

Knowing how devastated MJ was when "number ones" did not get to #1...I think it's fair to assume he would want the album his estate decided to release in his name to be successful.

And me personally, this will be his kids' first real life experience of an MJ release...they were too young in 2001. So I want him on top of that damn Billboard top 200 the week after December 14th, for his babies.

I really want that record for him...

...I'll buy it even though three songs are questionable. I don't know. They could just be over-produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffordshire Bullterrier View Post
"Anyone know if they added the vibrato digitally? Cause what strikes me the most, is exactly that. On all the Cascio tracks, especially KYHU is so overdone, its not even funny, it's even downright annoying. If this has not been done digitally...i'd say it's a huge giveaway really."

"I am sure of it. Since the first listening, I heard the effect. Vibrato is added, it's not human.

Probably they added it to give the demo vocals some studio effect. I am sure on some crappy mic, those vocals weren't too crystal, so they put that vibrato on in order to improve the studio sound... ?
Not the best choice I agree.... Looks like half pro job, not fully pro.

The good news is that on BN they erased that Jackson doubling, or muted down. It does not strike me anymore. That was so unpleasant for my ears. lol Now I find BN more enjoyable"

>>>
.I agree, about the vibrato, noticed that in some songs it doesn't sound natural but "electronical" or how should I say. That's why I was upset when people compared it to vocals with natural vibrato to conclude "it is not him", it's not a good comparision.

Your entire post I agree with.

Last edited:

The falsetto "Too bad" on Monster just makes me shake my head.

This. I definitely feel like it's been added in digitally with pitch correction software (Melodyne, Auto-Tune, etc). It doesn't sound natural at all, not even for somebody who's not Michael.

Not sure how much you guys know about vocal correction software, but it's getting to the point where you can completely alter vocal performances and make them something completely different. It's VERY possible that Michael's vocal tracks were altered in some way. That vibrato on Monster just sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion. Definitely not natural.

Just look at this video of a vocal line being edited with Melodyne.
[youtube]XEdVxDqkmOY[/youtube]

I think I will buy the album now (even if I have huge problems with the Cascio tracks and therefore I decided not to buy it earlier). If I buy it I will do it for Michael and for the other songs minus the Cascio tracks! I really, really hope Sony and the Estate won't take it as an approval of those songs! I really hope they have learnt from the uproar and in the future they will treat Michael's legacy with due respect!

This. I definitely feel like it's been added in digitally with pitch correction software (Melodyne, Auto-Tune, etc). It doesn't sound natural at all, not even for somebody who's not Michael.

But Malachi has exactly the same vibratto on his records, do you think it's also added digitally? And why would Cascio do that, knowing that this effect doesn't actually sound like natural vibrato? Also, why Michael sings without vibrato only in Cascio's tracks?
Just to make clear: vibrato is a natural thing that happens when you have a trained diaphragm and right vocal breathing, so you shouldn't apply any force to sing with it, conversely, you should put additional control on your diaphragm to sing without vibrato. So... to me it really doesn't make sense :scratch:

But Malachi has exactly the same vibratto on his records, do you think it's also added digitally? And why would Cascio do that, knowing that this effect doesn't actually sound like natural vibrato? Also, why Michael sings without vibrato only in Cascio's tracks?
Just to make clear: vibrato is a natural thing that happens when you have a trained diaphragm and right vocal breathing, so you shouldn't apply any force to sing with it, conversely, you should put additional control on your diaphragm to sing without vibrato. So... to me it really doesn't make sense :scratch:

To be honest, I've never listened to any of Malachi's stuff. Maybe one song, but I don't remember much about it. Maybe he just has bad technique haha. Anything in particular I could listen to? Just trying to explore all the possibilities as far as the vocals on Monster go. Those strike me the most as being off...

Not sure if your description of vibrato was aimed towards me or others who might not know, but I do know what vibrato is, I'm a musician/amateur producer haha.

I heard that if you buy six songs digitally, it counts as an album sale. So if I can purchase six of the tracks I believe to be legit, then I guess it will count as an album sale.

Thanks for this information, since I always wanted to buy 7 songs.

Back