Get a glimpse at "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy", "Behind The Mask" and all the rest on "Michael"

Re: Get a glimpse at "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy", "Behind The Mask" and all the rest on "Mich

I heard that if you buy six songs digitally, it counts as an album sale. So if I can purchase six of the tracks I believe to be legit, then I guess it will count as an album sale.

If it counts as an album sale anyway, why not just buy the album and skip the songs you think are fake?

KingMikeJ;3114809 said:
If it counts as an album sale anyway, why not just buy the album and skip the songs you think are fake?
I think you'd save like £1 if you bought the 7 separately, but it's more a matter of principle...at least for me it is.

Re: Get a glimpse at "Hollywood Tonight", "Best Of Joy", "Behind The Mask" and all the rest on "Mich

I've got no desire for the unit as a whole. As an album, I consider this a rather large failure. However, there are obviously some gems on this album as well. I'll buy them if I can, since iTunes/Amazon make it easy to buy the songs right at home or on your phone.

Giant Enemy Cat;3114815 said:
I think you'd save like £1 if you bought the 7 separately, but it's more a matter of principle...at least for me it is.

Same here. Used to be also a matter of protecting MJ's legacy, but that "train is long gone"

I don't have an ear for production and mixing. I'm just a fan of music. I feel you shouldn't need any type of knowledge of how a studio works to enjoy a song.

I don't have an ear for production and mixing. I'm just a fan of music. I feel you shouldn't need any type of knowledge of how a studio works to enjoy a song.

you must take in account these are unfinished songs with rough vocal performances, its like taking the songs from the this is it movie as if they were sung for the first time, not 100% ability is being put into the vocals, he sounds different, and the songs are not finished, that is why u need an ear to recognize that it is MJ, if the songs were finished u would not need to have an ear, it is what it is people, things have changed now that he's passed, maybe if you had bruce sweiden mixing it would be different, but as far as i know we dont have that, take what you get and use common sense, it might not sound like michael jackson at times but it is surely him

ive been here, taking in the idiocy, people do not understand the technicalities of what goes into audio production, yet see fit to criticize and give un-based opinions based on past songs, well guess what, the man sounds different now, and is being mixed differently, yet it is clearly him to those with an ear for production and mixing that it is the same man, the vibrato is achieved with an effect called tremelo, any audio editor can confirm this, and until this can be disputed, it stands as solid, no one else has come up with a better explanation besides saying that JM did the vocals, and that is absolutely idiotic to claim and believe, it makes no fiscal sense for sony and would never be done, not in a thousand years, it is a shame what is going on in this forum, ive been silent enough while watching for weeks, ppl hear rough demos and wanna go crazy about how it doesnt sound like MJ, stop complaining and be happy ur even getting a damn album, you would think a bunch of children or on here, its despicable and disgusting
What's this? We need to have an "ear for production" and be musical masters to be able to tell it's Michael Jackson's voice?

If this is true, then it just raises another problem.

Somehow, a thread about snippets of all songs on MICHAEL has turned into a Cascio argument. I guess it happens in every thread...

If the album doesn't go to number one, you know who to blame. This shit doesn't make sense.

"I'm not going to support the album - Im against it... but I hope it goes to #1 worldwide!!"

I'm not buying it because three songs are fishy. I'm gonna put my emotional attachment to MJ aside and think as I think when buying anything. Not sure about? Not totally happy? Don't buy it. Also, we don't know which songs Michael wanted or didn't want to release so out of respect, I don't want to buy it.

However,
If it doesn't get to #1, I am aware that the media will start saying nobody is interested in MJ. So for the sake of his name in the general public, I hope it does well but out of fear that there are songs there that MJ didn't like, I won't buy it.

That's it.

you must take in account these are unfinished songs with rough vocal performances, its like taking the songs from the this is it movie as if they were sung for the first time, not 100% ability is being put into the vocals, he sounds different, and the songs are not finished, that is why u need an ear to recognize that it is MJ, if the songs were finished u would not need to have an ear, it is what it is people, things have changed now that he's passed, maybe if you had bruce sweiden mixing it would be different, but as far as i know we dont have that, take what you get and use common sense, it might not sound like michael jackson at times but it is surely him

Whatever you say pal

Somehow, a thread about snippets of all songs on MICHAEL has turned into a Cascio argument. I guess it happens in every thread...
All the songs, yes, including the 3 controversial ones which is what we are currently discussing. People have had their time to post about how much they love this and that on the first 30+ pages and are still welcome to.

I'm not buying it because three songs is fishy. I'm gonna put my emotional attachment to MJ aside and think as I think when buying anything. Not sure about? Not totally happy? Don't buy it. Also, we don't know which songs Michael wanted or didn't want to release so out of respect, I don't want to buy it.

However,
If it doesn't get to #1, I am aware that the media will start saying nobody is interested in MJ. So for the sake of his name in the general public, I hope it does well but out of fear that there are songs there that MJ didn't like, I won't buy it.

That's it.

I totally agree with your whole post and this is exactly how I feel

I'm not buying it because three songs are fishy. I'm gonna put my emotional attachment to MJ aside and think as I think when buying anything. Not sure about? Not totally happy? Don't buy it. Also, we don't know which songs Michael wanted or didn't want to release so out of respect, I don't want to buy it.

However,

That's it.

Well, like I said before, if it doesn't go #1 you (and people like you) are to blame. If you're not buying it, it's partly your fault if it doesn't go #1

I totally agree with your whole post and this is exactly how I feel

Michael's feelings matter to me more than mine or record sales. There could be songs he didn't like. He was a HUGE perfectionist. That's why I'm not buying it. Because had MJ been alive, he might not release some songs or do them differently...

Well, like I said before, if it doesn't go #1 you (and people like you) are to blame. If you're not buying it, it's partly your fault if it doesn't go #1

Really?

Cause I say it's Sony's fault for not pleasing more consumers. It's not my fault they didn't do a better job.

Michael's feelings matter to me more than mine or record sales. There could be songs he didn't like. He was a HUGE perfectionist. That's why I'm not buying it. Because had MJ been alive, he might not release some songs or do them differently...

I understand why you're not buying it, but if you want it to go to #1, you're supporting it anyway but you are being very hypocritical.

Really?

Cause I say it's Sony's fault for not pleasing more consumers. It's not my fault they didn't do a better job.

Yes, really. You want it to go to #1 but you don't buy it.

Whatever you say pal

All bold ones have been thoroughly answered previously. If you really care (which I doubt), go search for them answers

And watch the language please

what language, do you see any expletives ? no. those words describe very accurately what has been going on here for weeks.

What's this? We need to have an "ear for production" and be musical masters to be able to tell it's Michael Jackson's voice?

If this is true, then it just raises another problem.

like i said, you give no explanation or argument against my claims, i do care, i love michael jackson, he is my favorite artist, the one i mold myself against, the songs are his type of song writing, and though he sounds different, i recognize and accept that it is him based on the knowledge of post production i have, u can sit here and say whatever you want, but i have logical reasoning on my side, prove what you believe using logic, lest keep quiet, it would seem u need an ear, if you cant tell that its him. im giving insight and trying to help you understand why and how it is him, if you want to ignore and put down what im saying thats on you and those who agree with you, im just here trying to show people that there are reasons why their beloved mj is sounding different on these newer songs

and that problem is people are ignorant and not willing to listen to and check up on the insight of others

I understand why you're not buying it, but if you want it to go to #1, you're supporting it anyway but you are being very hypocritical.

No. Because I'm not helping it to get to #1 by any means. I can't believe how judgement Michael Jackson fans could be...

You think he likes this? I'm sure if Michael is watching from above, he can see both sides of the argument. I'm not calling you any less of a fan for buying something that could be odd or that he might not like but you are conveying that I am less of one since I'm not buying it.

Yes, honey..'cause our love for Mike depends on our money. *sigh..*

He would never have released the Cascio songs for sure, for he wouldn't be aware that he recorded them :wild:!!!

As for the rest, I am annoyed by a lot of tweaking of unfinished songs. Was it a problem for anyone when in the Ultimate Collection Mike himself released "Beautiful girl" ?(had missing lyrics) I don't think so

He would never have released the Cascio songs for sure, for he wouldn't be aware that he recorded them :wild:!!!

As for the rest, I am annoyed by a lot of tweaking of unfinished songs. Was it a problem for anyone when in the Ultimate Collection Mike himself released "Beautiful girl" ?(had missing lyrics) I don't think so

I think he had something to do with the Cascio songs but they have oddly changed.

Not really. She wants it to go #1, but also doesn't want to go against everything she just said. So buying the album is not an option, yet she still wants to see it do well so MJ isn't put down by the media for having an album released under his name doing badly in the charts.

I'm not sure what's up with the obsession with chart placement and other pointless numbers anyway. All that matters is the music. Dangerous was in the top 20 selling albums of all time when I last checked, yet MJ's career is still dismissed as being crap after the Bad era.

Not really. She wants it to go #1, but also doesn't want to go against everything she just said. So buying the album is not an option, yet she still wants to see it do well so MJ isn't put down by the media for having an album released under his name doing badly in the charts.

Yes. I honestly am confused. I see it more as putting my own feelings aside for Michael's. I love 90% of the album but those three songs are fishy and what if there is something Michael didn't like...

I'd rather not buy it because that way I won't regret it but I could buy it and regret buying it.

P.S. I'm sure it will go to #1 in many places without my help.

I think he had something to do with the Cascio songs but they have oddly changed.

Yeah maybe he did. I am pretty sure that the SAME songs would have sounded MUCH MUCH better had they been sung by the real MJ

Yeah maybe he did. I am pretty sure that the SAME songs would have sounded MUCH MUCH better had they been sung by the real MJ

I think it's Michael. But even if it is not him the songs are great IMO.

I hate how people get attacked over whether they want to buy it or not. It should never be the case. EVER. Even if Michael was still alive today. A person should never feel pressured into buying/not buying something. How stupid of some people to try to do that.

"The customer is always right."

If you don't want a product, fine.
If you want a product, fine.

In this case, I do not want to buy this Sony product. I have bought MJ Experience and Vision. So what?

Every decent vocalist can increase, decrease or sing completely without vibrato. So can Michael Jackson. And he is particularly apt at that- just as is his beautiful tenor was VERY apt as singing only in chest register, head voice and falsetto (rare- "What about us" is a good example)- whatever he felt like stylistically. Just as singers who sing in choirs are able to control their vibrato in order to create a homogenous sound.

I am also amazed by the huge amount of people that somehow became experts in "vibrato" which suddenly became a four letter word. Totally needlessly at that. As if any sung with a vibrato suddenly is a sign of "loser goat".

Michael was a huge experimenter and you can hear how he chose to give songs their own 'color' by adjusting his voice in different ways.

Some people seem to be extremely thrown by a slightly more mature MJ- just as people freaked out over the O2 announcement, over his voice, there seem to be a lot of people who seem to identify him by that high, bell like head voice of his.

If you listen to him talk in This Is It ('it's an adventure, a great adventure, nothing to be nervous about, blessings, blessing to all'), you get a pretty good idea about his range. He still had that head voice, but also a lot more to offer.

And I for one am still sad we don't get to hear the much more mature MJ anymore. Some of these tracks on that album are going that way- and I love it. I love that man's voice, especially the older he became. I LOVE that snort in Breaking News.

Once again I am so glad that you have these reasonable insights and that you have the good words to express them. I'm thankful for beautiful persons like you.

Love

^ ^ At least it's not just bashing those with whom you disagree, it's also giving "trophies" to those with whom you agree

Anyway, why would Michael make himself sound like a goat, lifeless and generally worse than a boy band member?

Michael was a huge experimenter and you can hear how he chose to give songs their own 'color' by adjusting his voice in different ways.

very true...

It's not about the hight at his voice at all....

Back