Get Your Weight Off Of Me - Lyrics

GYWOOM is 85 BPM, "Invincible" is 94 BPM. If you think "Invincible" would match, you can say the same about "Unbreakable" which is also 94 BPM.

"you took my heart in your hand, that you'll never ever hurt me"
That's interesting. Going off that snippet from years ago, most of us would compare it to Invincible, but it's closer in BPM to Break Of Dawn and Privacy? Thanks for sharing

^ I have read three honest opinions here: one by Alec, another one by AdeZ, plus my own opinion. None of these opinions regarding the song were negative.

It is also a fact that I have NEVER promoted the sale of this song on this or any other forum. People have known about my auctions and me being a collector for ages. Sony and The Estate know this, too, and contrary to what some might not understand, it is all within the law.

If I were desperate to sell the song, I would have done so already. It's just part of my hobby to gain the attention of other people in the industry or other collectors and that's the simple reason why I am doing auctions while putting high placeholders on them etc. I am not targeting fans on a forum but they can simply see it, too.

I usually avoid answering questions about my collection. The person who hacked into my account - "Lord Jackson" - had the nerve to rob Brad Sundberg and has turned into a criminal just because he is obsessed with Michael Jackson and is now targeting me for the same reason. Instead of respecting other human beings and their real lives, it's only this song and Michael Jackson material he can think about. This thread would not exist if a fan of Michael Jackson would actually understand what the artist's social messages are about.
AMEN HOLY CRAP! I wasn't even aware it was Lord. Bruh that dude is nuts, I'm very annoyed he wasn't arrested when he should have been. He's an embarrassment to this community............

AMEN HOLY CRAP! I wasn't even aware it was Lord. Bruh that dude is nuts, I'm very annoyed he wasn't arrested when he should have been. He's an embarrassment to this community............
I feel like even if he’s arrested, the dude won’t stop harassing people for unreleased content. It’s an obsession at this point.

I feel like even if he’s arrested, the dude won’t stop harassing people for unreleased content. It’s an obsession at this point.
It's scary to think we have people like this in the community. I mean I like to collect stuff too but, dude is going too far. Dude needs to face some consequences for his actions.....

I think some MJ fans need to realize some demoes are still demos for just one important reason; They were succeeded. It's not that they're bad, but they were done better and in ideas MJ preferred. Even the album tracks came from an idea. Who Do You Know, Sunset Driver, Can't Get Your Weight Off Me. You hear the way they inform multiple other songs later in small and big ways.

I think some MJ fans need to realize some demoes are still demos for just one important reason; They were succeeded. It's not that they're bad, but they were done better and in ideas MJ preferred. Even the album tracks came from an idea. Who Do You Know, Sunset Driver, Can't Get Your Weight Off Me. You hear the way they inform multiple other songs later in small and big ways.
GYWOOM is a finished song so saying it's a demo as an excuse won't work.

And I agree with the guy who is trying to sell the song. Within reason.
That’s fine but remember that he is also trying to sell his CD.
Here are (most) the lyrics of GYWOOM. I combined these from multiple sources. I used censored lyrics (that come from korgnex) as a base and filled them in with a transcription that comes from AdeZ. And also with the lyrics from the leaked snippets. There are still parts missing, but I'm sure people here can help me to complete them.

Get Your Weight Off Of Me

(verse 1)
You took my heart in your hand
****** ** ****** *** like a man
I'll never see you again (******!) (Dah!) (Ah!)

I was the fool you could take
Another heart you *** break
So let me go *** ** ***, ****

(chorus prelude)
**** *** a message to you
You know I'll never stop trying, baby
**** **** *** **, **** (***?) (Dah!)

You got a lesson to learn
You only got what you earn (No, no, no)
I got this game (No, no, no, no)
And I have to go my way alone, baby (**** ** *****) (*** *** *** ** **, ****?) (Ah!)

(chorus)
Just get your weight off of me
Why don't you just let me be (Hee-hee)
You keep on hating on me (Dah!) (mercy) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (**** ***** *** **)
So let me go *** *** **** (**** *** **** *** **)
No more of ** **** ** ***** (Ah!) (******!) (Ah!)

(verse 2)
I'm like your dog on a chain
My thoughts of you still remain
You signed the house in your name (******!) (Dah!)

I *** the pill you should take
** *** disease I can shake
Your every doctor's mistake, **** (Yeah, yeah, yeah)

(chorus prelude)
**** **** *** **, **** (**** *** ** **, ****) (***) (Dah!)

You only got what you earn
I got this game (Oh, oh, oh)
And I have to go my way alone, baby (Hoooh) (Ah!)

(chorus)
Just get your weight off of me (Hee-hee)
Why don't you just let me be (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
You keep on hating on me (*** *** ** ******* *** **, ****) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
So let me go *** *** **** (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (*** ***** ***?) (*** ***, *** **** *** **) (Ah!)

**** (****)
Just get your weight off of me (**** ** **, ****)
Why don't you just let me be (*** ***** **, ****?) (C'mon!)
You keep on hating on me (*** *** ********** ***) (*** ***** **, ****?) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (**, **, ****)
So let me go *** *** **** (Hoo-hoo-hoo) (** **)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
(Hoo-hoo) (Aouw!)

(Break)

(chorus prelude)
**** **** *** **, **** (Hoaah!) (***?) (Yeah) (Dah!)

You got a lesson to learn (Hoaah)
You only got what you earn (Hoaah)
And I have to go my way alone, baby (Hoooh-hooh) (Ah!)

(chorus)
Just get your weight off of me (Yeaaah)
Why don't you just let me be (Yeaaah)
You keep on hating on me (Hee) (*** ****** **** **** **** *******, ****) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (Hee-hee)
So let me go *** *** **** (**** ***** **, ****?)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (*** ****, *** **** *** **) (Ah!)

Just get your weight off of me (***** ** **, ****)
Why don't you just let me be (*** ***** **, ****?)
You keep on hating on me (****** **, ****) (Ah!)
You just don't have what it takes (** ****, ***?)
So let me go *** *** **** (** ***?) (**)
** **** ** ** **** ** ***** (*****)
(Hoo-hoo)

(Ah!) You Ain't gonna ever get out (Just get your weight off of me)
*** **** ***** ***** **** *** *** (Hoo-hoo)
*** **** ***** ***** **** *** *** (Hoo-hoo-hoo)
*** **** ***** ***** **** *** *** (** **!) (Uuh!)

(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) (** **, ****!)
(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) [Beatbox] (** **!)
(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) [Beatbox] (* **** ** ****) (** **!)
(Ah!) (Just get your weight off of me) [Beatbox]

This are the lyrics that AdeZ interpreted (They aren't 100% accurate. Some of the lyrics don't match with korgnex's censored lyrics):

something
I'll be your something like a man
I'll never see you again adlib

Another heart you could break
So let me go something

I gave a message to you, you know I never stop trying baby, something
You got a lesson to learn, you only get what you earned
I've got to keep,
and I have to go my way alone, baby (i lifted this line off you, thanks haha)

Just get your weight off of me,
why don't you just let me be,
you keep on hating on me, mercy!
You just don't have what it takes so let me go something
No more of being the prey

I'm like your dog on a chain,
my thoughts of you still remain,
you signed the house in your name, adlib

I have the pill you should take,
All that disease I can shake,
Your every doctor's mistake, adlib

And these are the censored lyrics(I got them a few weeks a go and thought they were fake, but AdeZ confirmed that they are real):
currently working on decoding this, here’s what I’ve got so far:

Played me around you like a man

I'll never see you again (Disgrace!) (Dah!) (Ah!)

Another heart you may break

So let me go out my way, baby

That’s fine but remember that he is also trying to sell his CD.

currently working on decoding this, here’s what I’ve got so far:

Played me around you like a man

I'll never see you again (Disgrace!) (Dah!) (Ah!)

Another heart you may break

So let me go out my way, baby
“You got a lesson to learn / You only got what you earn” sounds like it could be from “Now there’s a lesson to learn / Respect’s not given it’s earned” from Privacy

Why didn't the estate give any love for the invincible 20th Anniversary?

Why didn't the estate give any love for the invincible 20th Anniversary?
Keep in mind that the 'Invincible' album has been linked with negative issues, i.e., Michael Jackson's conflicts with his record company and the overall negative situation during that period.

Like, the singer's erratic behaviour at the time, the inadequate album promotion, the very few singles releases, no tour at all, and so on.

So, an anniversary edition release of that album would reignite these negative issues, and this is certainly not a good thing when it comes to an anniversary product which is meant to have a celebratory tone.

Keep in mind that the 'Invincible' album has been linked with negative issues, i.e., Michael Jackson's conflicts with his record company and the overall negative situation during that period.

Like, the singer's erratic behaviour at the time, the inadequate album promotion, the very few singles releases, no tour at all, and so on.

So, an anniversary edition release of that album would reignite these negative issues, and this is certainly not a good thing when it comes to an anniversary product which is meant to have a celebratory tone.
That makes sense, but they still need to do something with it and the remainder unreleased songs during those sessions in the future. It'll be a shame not to represent that, then, modern sound MJ.

This isn’t the reason. Like, at all.

Albums get anniversary reissues based on their commercial success and cultural influence, not the circumstances of their release. If negative issues played any role in such projects, Bad would have been shelved because it would reignite conversations around MJ’s plastic surgery, the bones of the Elephant Man, his skin disorder, and the countless other controversies and rumors that preceded the album’s initial release. Same with HIStory getting (pitiful) 25th anniversary merchandise, despite the fact that that album is integrally linked to the Chandler allegations.

Invincible likely won’t get a 25th anniversary edition because it has no cultural footprint. Not to say it doesn’t deserve one, but so far as the estate is concerned, MJ stopped making music after 1987, so there’s no purpose.

If Dangerous—which has multiple Top 10 singles and a Super Bowl halftime performance—can’t get an anniversary reissue, Invincible doesn’t stand a chance.

I don't think this is the reason. Not at all.

If you are not a diehard fan you would never know all this drama that was going on... No tour? - Thriller had no tour...

Invincible has not sold as well and most of the songs are 100% unknown for most people.

Some know YRMY and Butterflies - and I think that's about it for most people outside fan circles.

Thriller and BAD (and Dangerous) had SOO many singles released, iconic music videos and songs from these albums are played often on radio, discos, gets lots of streams and still sell. - Invincible... not so much. YRMW was released and had a SC 2.0 (great) video, but thats it. Cry was a disaster and the worst musicvideo - no one knows the song or the video.

Popular albums gets celebrated. - Albums that went under the radar and is not selling/streaming or somehow is important will not get anniversary albums. - But not because of all the controversy that went on back in the days... no one cares og knows about it.

Keep in mind that the 'Invincible' album has been linked with negative issues,
Which didn't really register, IIRC. There must have been a certain amount of 'noise' in the media but I don't remember this turning into a talking point. At all.

So, an anniversary edition release of that album would reignite these negative issues,
Highly unlikely. In fact, just no. That simply would not happen. T40 didn't get much media attention, MJE didn't exactly exert themselves to promote it. If Invincible ever did get an anniversary release no-one outside of Michael's fanbase would even know about it.

Invincible likely won’t get a 25th anniversary edition because it has no cultural footprint. Not to say it doesn’t deserve one, but so far as the estate is concerned, MJ stopped making music after 1987, so there’s no purpose.
So depressing but probably true. :(

If Dangerouswhich has multiple Top 10 singles and a Super Bowl halftime performance—can’t get an anniversary reissue,
Not to mention some serious books assessing it's value, claims that the album is Michael's magnum opus, claims that it is a serious concept album. Not saying anyone has to agree with any of that, simply that the album has acquired a 'cultural footprint', as you put it, that is quite impressive, imo. Susan Fast's book came out in 2014 and there were two serious books published in 2016. Doesn't seem to matter. Anyway, I'm off-topic so ...

Invincible doesn’t stand a chance.
:(

These lyrics are way better than what I thought. After all these years and all those revelations and all these comments on the song I'm still optimistic about it.
Haven't listened to any snippets but I love the lyrics.

Haven't listened to any snippets but I love the lyrics.

That is very similar to Privacy isn't.
Some of my favourite MJ lyrics from the Invincible era are from Privacy, even if I'm not very fond of the song itself

Interesting thought. Ngl, that isn't where I go with the GYWOOM lyrics but I can see why you would make that connection. The first three lines I quoted in my post actually fit the Privacy tune! Is that what you meant? Or did you mean, content-wise?

This is my favourite Privacy lyric:

"You try to get me to lose the man I really am"

Some of my favourite MJ lyrics from the Invincible era are from Privacy, even if I'm not very fond of the song itself
I think Privacy is a good song but, ngl, it's not my favourite off the album. I don't play it much. The lyrics are well done and tell a good story but I'm feeling much more connected to these GYWOOM lyrics. This is my first time of seeing them. I've been aware of the song for ages but never made the time to go and explore. My mind is going all over the place - in a good way, lol. I often seem to connect better to lyrics that are short and quite sparse. These are very direct and there's loads of room in there for me to put in my own interpretations.

Still haven't listened, though. Maybe I should do that.

These lyrics are way better than what I thought. After all these years and all those revelations and all these comments on the song I'm still optimistic about it.
Lyrics seem really corny and don’t really make sense Imo. Especially- “I got the pill you can take / We got disease I can shake / You’re every doctor’s mistake”

^ This posthumous "clip collection" and a horrible hologram performance are not comparable to when MJ was alive and kicking...
The song "Xscape" was also totally wasted by the Estate, such a shame. I can't see any MJ song ever getting to #1 nowadays because it would need real effort to get it there and noone in the business would do this because it simply doesn't make equal money in return.

Damien Shields / TheMJCast were quite dishonest about their story with the song. They claimed stuff that isn't true. That's all I will say in this regard.
I don’t think they were being openly dishonest. I think it was more of the situation, they were trying not to reveal too much of the song after it was played to them.

MJCast has said before that part of GYWOOM is very similar to Privacy. Damien even speculated that this song was created to be a “best-of” version of Invincible and Privacy.

I don’t think they were being openly dishonest. I think it was more of the situation, they were trying not to reveal too much of the song after it was played to them.

They have not heard the entire thing. This is obvious by remarks some of those individuals have made later and when they contradicted each other. Michael Prince can't trust them and did not play it directly to them, he also never played them the full song, just some parts. Yet they never kept these parts for themselves, they did share it with folks who shared it with other folks and so on.

Lyrics seem really corny and don’t really make sense Imo. Especially- “I got the pill you can take / We got disease I can shake / You’re every doctor’s mistake”

All of the song's lyrics make perfect sense. These are incorrect ones.

Last edited:
They have not heard the entire thing. This is obvious by remarks some of those individuals have made later and when they contradicted each other. Michael Prince can't trust them and did not play it directly to them, he also never played them the full song, just some parts. Yet they never kept these parts for themselves, they did share it with folks who shared it with other folks and so on.

All of the song's lyrics make perfect sense. These are incorrect ones.
Who sung the background vocals in that song and there is any rapper ?

Mu understanding has always been that Michael Prince only played them (MJ Cast) a small part of the song. Not sure if they have stated otherwise, though.

Back