Ghosts video

I love me some Moonwalker though, ohh, I think that video is the absolute bomb, lol. It became more of a story near the end, the last 30 minutes really, just like Ghosts in length. That's actually another film I like better then Ghosts, just off of what Foxy said, the kids in Ghosts erk me, lol. The beggining was more random, but still ultra cool I think.

Yeah, I've seen it. If you watch Ghosts again and pay close attention, you'll be able to decern that it is Michael. He has a range of 4 octaves, so he can change his voice to an incredible extent, lol.[/b]
Hey. I have watched it about 5 times now. lol

When I listened to that contraband fake Akon call to Michael I could hear it was Michael's voice that answered the phone and also the person at the end. I could still catch the quality of Michaels voice somehow, but I can't with the mayor. What I do notice is that when the Maestro and Mayor speak to each other in the beginning they use the same inflection (like when they both say 'oh really').

The voice change is amazing in that video.

BOTDF has been one of my favorite albums from the start and "Is It Scary" is a major part of the reason for that. I have always been aware of people projecting their own image on others and of FEAR of things unfamiliar. So this video, as much as it is symbolic of what Michael has gone through, has a larger meaning as well. I think that anyone who has never been shunned for some reason or another has probably lived most of their life a lie, so many people should be able to relate to what is happening. I would say that those who in real life shun others might not see themselves, not even in the mirror. It would have to be made very grotesque before they would see and then they would blame the mirror.

It is the degree to which what has happened to Michael is a reflection of society that is the draw I think and people's fascination with his experience. They see and yet don't see. They pretend it has nothing to do with them but it does.

That the Maestro watched the response as he decided to destroy himself and went through the motions anyway is interesting. The people just shaking their heads to the mayor's response was not enough. They needed to speak out in some way even if it would have been to move away as in the end they stood separate from the Mayor.

Okay. I am back asking questions... even though I seem to be talking to myself. lol. I am just so fascinated with this video. Is Michael the mayor the whole while or just for the dance part. Does anyone know? Is that Michael's voice for the mayor. I know Michael can change his voice a lot and if it is dubbed you sure can't see it but I can't detect Michael's voice at all within the mayors voice.

I hope someone knows the answers to my questions.

I had never seen him do that 'rubber legged' dance move anyplace else and it is really great. Ghosts is really the last 'video' he made isn't it since none came out for Invincible. Is that right? So that move would be the last new one we have seen.[/b]
OK. I will answer your questions. 1) No, that is not Mrs. Jackson in the video. 2) Yes, that is Michael during the whole video as the Mayor. 3) Yes, that is Michael's voice for the Mayor. and finally, this is the last video from Michael except for the one he did for One More Chance that was never released.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

OK. I will answer your questions. 1) No, that is not Mrs. Jackson in the video. 2) Yes, that is Michael during the whole video as the Mayor. 3) Yes, that is Michael's voice for the Mayor. and finally, this is the last video from Michael except for the one he did for One More Chance that was never released.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST[/b]
Thanks. :flowers:

When I was searching for information about it I came across an old article that said one of the actresses in the video claimed it was not released because of the different meaning that could be cast on it once the first allegations came out in 1993. It was supposedly going to be released as a promo for BOTDF and was to rival Thriller. Of course it did get released but perhaps not with the original timing. I had often wondered why I could not get it here in the US.

Even now, I only see the one out of Japan (Asia exclusive VCD (viewable on all DVD players)) and I wonder (no offense to anyone) if it is okay to buy it from there. It is selling for $27 to boot. That is high for a video. I wish Michael would release it here. I hope he still owns the rights to it.

It's funny ec, cause I can tell it's Michael, lol. I can detect the same tone in his voice. Have you ever heard that clip of Michael singing base? You would never guess it's Michael, but it is.

Great observations on the film, I've always looked at the way Michael is treated as an example of human behavior. People react violently towards what they do not understand or cannot relate to. They fear what they cannot confine within a box. People like to blame Michael for their own inablity to accept him, which I find laughable. They don't or can't accept the fact that the fault lies with them, not with Michael. People oppose change, which is what Michael demands with his meer presence, they don't want to be told they're wrong. So they try to destory him. And people in general follow the leader, so even though I don't think they themselves want to destroy Michael, they've been taught by soceity that they should and if they don't join in on the bullying, they too will be bullied. It's sad.

It's funny ec, cause I can tell it's Michael, lol. I can detect the same tone in his voice. Have you ever heard that clip of Michael singing base? You would never guess it's Michael, but it is.

Great observations on the film, I've always looked at the way Michael is treated as an example of human behavior. People react violently towards what they do not understand or cannot relate to. They fear what they cannot confine within a box. People like to blame Michael for their own inablity to accept him, which I find laughable. They don't or can't accept the fact that the fault lies with them, not with Michael. People oppose change, which is what Michael demands with his meer presence, they don't want to be told they're wrong. So they try to destory him. And people in general follow the leader, so even though I don't think they themselves want to destroy Michael, they've been taught by soceity that they should and if they don't join in on the bullying, they too will be bullied. It's sad.[/b]
You said that very well and (in spite of what you say about yourself) said a lot in a few words.

Thriller, for all its fame, did not have a lot of depth. I suppose it was enough of a leap at the time to just add a story. Ghost however takes it to the next level. Of course Bad that did as well. I know people tend to see Ghosts as being just about Michael but I think, regardless of how Michael may have seen it, it is more about society as a whole, in addition to being about him, than any of his other films. Maybe that goes back to it being a faithful enough representation of a small piece of 'world' that it carries over to the rest of society.

One of the other things that I read when I was looking for information about Ghosts was that it might have originally been meant to be shorter. I wonder if there is another version somewhere that carries a slightly different meaning.

I did hear the clip of Michael singing base by the way. I just tried listening again and not looking this time. When I do that it is easier to hear the similarity in inflection and expression. The combination of the appearance change and voice change I think was just too much for me. Also, he remains consistantly low when he is doing the Mayor. In the Akon call every so often you would catch a snatch of his higher range.

I liked the theme of the vid...but I find it WAS taking a little TOO long to get to the good stuff!! The message is in the songs anyway...but you could tell, Michael's real joy is in acting. He wants always to capture emotions on film through how he interacts with others...but in this...he interacted with himself! LOL. The skeleton part was by far TIGHT. OFF THE CHAIN.

I liked the theme of the vid...but I find it WAS a little taking a little TOO long to get to the good stuff!! The message is in the songs anyway...but you could tell, Michael's real joy is in acting. He wants always to capture emotions on film through how he interacts with others...but in this...he interacted with himself! LOL. The skeleton part was by far TIGHT. OFF THE CHAIN.[/b]
When I watched the 'making of' video where you see Michael dancing for that part (in full flesh) it is to me some of the smoothest dancing I have ever seen him do (in my somewhat limited exposure anyway).

I would have liked to have seen more of his dancing myself but I think seeing the kids reactions is important for the story being told. You need to know that the kids are not as fearful as the adults. They are not afraid (or only mildly so at times) of the Maestro. You see that the adults come around too and enjoy themselves at times. His argument is that it is the range of emotions they are brought through that makes the experience more fun. You can't truely feel joy without pain or relief without fear. You don't fully recognize what you have without loss, etc. He does create a rollercoaster.

Now the question is, "would we feel it on our own or do we need the proverbial 'laugh track' to help us know when to laugh?" We live our lives as such followers. And even if we do not need it for ourselves we need to be assured that the kids are not afraid.

I have been toying with the idea of showing this to my 5 year old grandson. I feel that if he sees the kids smiling he will not be afraid. Does he need that reinforcement? I do not know. I do know that he watched Thriller with me and as worried as I was about that he loved it and asked to see it again the next time he came over.

I don't find the film to be overly freightening, I think it would be okay to show to a young child. There are no curse words or profanity, or anything of that nature. The theme might go totally over his head, but that's okay too.

I think the film was well paced, to be honest. Michael's acting in it was good. I don't understand when people say Michael can't act, because he actually can. I'd love for him to someday do a full scale musical. Thriller had such a wide impact because no one had ever taken the medium of music video to a feature film production before, Michael did, and he's really the only one since to have successfully done so. Other's have tried it, but have failed. I.E. Justin Timberlake with that god awful What goes around video. Michael understands performance and he understands cinimatogrophey, etc... One thing you may notice with Michael is, the camera angles rarely change when he's engaged in a dance sequence, they stay put for the most part, so you can see what he's doing. With these rediculous acts today, the camera angle changes every few seconds, you never can get a grasp of what they're doing, and then you come to realize later that they really can't dance well at all. What Michael does consistently with his films is he produces a quality performance in each one, the highest quality performance. He's greatly charismatic, and he lights up whatever stage he performs on. And despite what some people say, he's able to improvise beautifully. With "Smooth Criminal" for example, the areas of the film which weren't choreogrpahed with back up dancers, Michael was told just to hit the mark and do whatever he wanted. So the secnes where Michael is by himself, he's doing all of that on the spot. He's a great, great artist.

I don't find the film to be overly freightening, I think it would be okay to show to a young child. There are no curse words or profanity, or anything of that nature. The theme might go totally over his head, but that's okay too.

I think the film was well paced, to be honest. Michael's acting in it was good. I don't understand when people say Michael can't act, because he actually can. I'd love for him to someday do a full scale musical. Thriller had such a wide impact because no one had ever taken the medium of music video to a feature film production before, Michael did, and he's really the only one since to have successfully done so. Other's have tried it, but have failed. I.E. Justin Timberlake with that god awful What goes around video. Michael understands performance and he understands cinimatogrophey, etc... One thing you may notice with Michael is, the camera angles rarely change when he's engaged in a dance sequence, they stay put for the most part, so you can see what he's doing. With these rediculous acts today, the camera angle changes every few seconds, you never can get a grasp of what they're doing, and then you come to realize later that they really can't dance well at all. What Michael does consistently with his films is he produces a quality performance in each one, the highest quality performance. He's greatly charismatic, and he lights up whatever stage he performs on. And despite what some people say, he's able to improvise beautifully. With "Smooth Criminal" for example, the areas of the film which weren't choreogrpahed with back up dancers, Michael was told just to hit the mark and do whatever he wanted. So the secnes where Michael is by himself, he's doing all of that on the spot. He's a great, great artist.[/b]
I am totally fascinated by watching him dance as the Mayor in this film. It was during the dance routine of the Mayor the first time I watched the video last night that I first realized the Mayor was Michael. Right away I was suspicious but I couldn't fathom it/wouldn't quite accept it. lol. Then some of Michael's trademark moves came ... the moonwalk, his slide, that gallop he does and his neck and shoulder move. I had always wonder if Michael's dance would still look the same if he wasn't tall and thin. Well, I found out it does. At least it is still 100% recognizable and distinct. Even when the Mayor is fighting the dance and you see those first itty bitty steps, it is done in a way that could only be Michael. Amazing.

Like with every other video and album of Michael's I have become totally addicted to this.

It's really amazing I think. He did something similar I thought in "The Wiz" when he first came down off of the scare crow pole, he was able to make himself move as thought he couldn't walk. He was floppy and wobbly and seemingly uncoordinated. I think Michael can imitate any kind of movement, whether that be precise, controled dancing, or to move as though he can't dance at all, or in the case of the mayor, to move as though he's being forced to do so and doesn't really want to. It's amazing what he can do with his body. It's interesting that you'd bring up Michael's body type, he actually has a perfect body to be a dancer, he creates awsome form due to it. But his coordination and his ability to flow so easily is something in and of itself. He's the whole package.

I never seen this one before, i know i 'm a dork cause of this, God is it so amazing to see?
God i'm from Argentina here is like you know, they only knoe the Mj from the 80's only, of there are people like me of course, but this video has never been seen in MTV latin america, i mean in Argentina's part, is very very burring here you should see the videos they pass here, i mean MJ they never pas any news about him, you know, i really want to go the usa, i mean i imagine they notice mj a bit more.

I never seen this one before, i know i 'm a dork cause of this, God is it so amazing to see?
God i'm from Argentina here is like you know, they only knoe the Mj from the 80's only, of there are people like me of course, but this video has never been seen in MTV latin america, i mean in Argentina's part, is very very burring here you should see the videos they pass here, i mean MJ they never pas any news about him, you know, i really want to go the usa, i mean i imagine they notice mj a bit more.[/b]

Oh yeah it's definetely amazing to see, I'd recommend it to every MJ fan! :D

God i'm from Argentina here is like you know, they only knoe the Mj from the 80's only, of there are people like me of course, but this video has never been seen in MTV latin america, i mean in Argentina's part, is very very burring here you should see the videos they pass here, i mean MJ they never pas any news about him, you know, i really want to go the usa, i mean i imagine they notice mj a bit more.[/b]
Well it was never released in the US either. The only way we can buy it in a format that may play on American dvd players is the one out of Japan which doesn't really look like an official release: and that costs $27 American which is A LOT for any video. I think there really is something to the article I read about it not being released because of the interpretation that might be given to it after Chandler's accusation came out. That is really a shame. I hope it will eventually be released here.

Well it was never released in the US either. The only way we can buy it in a format that may play on American dvd players is the one out of Japan which doesn't really look like an official release: and that costs $27 American which is A LOT for any video. I think there really is something to the article I read about it not being released because of the interpretation that might be given to it after Chandler's accusation came out. That is really a shame. I hope it will eventually be released here.[/b]
Well this makes me feel i little bit better cause i was always looking for this one here in my country and i never was able to find it, guesss i now know the reason, yes i hope it get realesed officilly abd nothing to do with tah awful family, i wont even name them.

No, the BEST part in that whole video was when the mother slapped the kid for slapping his brother, and MJ "telepathically" pimp slapped the mother.

And then the camera turn to Michael and he's got this, "really, now, who did u think u were playin' wit'" look on his face....kinda like this:

No, the BEST part in that whole video was when the mother slapped the kid for slapping his brother, and MJ "telepathically" pimp slapped the mother.

And then the camera turn to Michael and he's got this, "really, now, who did u think u were playin' wit'" look on his face....kinda like this:

I have it on VCD, the one you're talking about EC. It works on most DVD players here in the US, but not all. It's perfect quality though, and seems pretty official. There's no menue or anything, but the picture and audio is 10 out of 10.

I would love for someday to have The Making of Thriller and Ghosts packaged together on DVD and released that would be awesome and sell a ton if you have extra behind the scenes stuff never been seen and you know there probably is tons of it.

I have it on VCD, the one you're talking about EC. It works on most DVD players here in the US, but not all. It's perfect quality though, and seems pretty official. There's no menue or anything, but the picture and audio is 10 out of 10.[/b]
I don't have a dvd player yet. I hook my laptop up to the tv. I would think that computers would be more even likely to be able to play foreign dvd's than a dvd player. I did do a library search yesterday and couldn't find it in any library in my state.

Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas. I sure would like to see it full quality and would love to show it to my freinds too.

I have it on VCD, the one you're talking about EC. It works on most DVD players here in the US, but not all. It's perfect quality though, and seems pretty official. There's no menue or anything, but the picture and audio is 10 out of 10.[/b]
I broke down and ordered it. I just couldn't stand not having a quality copy any more. I hope Michael gets a cut on these and it isn't some pirated version. I thought I saw it was from Japan when I first saw it but see it just says Asia. I know you can order cheap school texts out of China and they are all illegal copies because China doesn't honor our copyright laws. The DVD isn't directly from Amazon. It is independent sellers in the US who I assume get it through connections in Asia.

I can't wait to play it for my freinds though, especially my freinds daughter who is as much of a fan as I am.

Does anyone know what the significance is of the dust that Michael crumbles from his fingers when he is standing in front of the ghouls facing the mayor? He also does a thing with his right hand that looks like shaking dice right as he goes into the part where he and all of the ghouls are turning around. What is that about?

I don't think they have any special signifigance, I think it's just for theatrical affect. Michael incorporates a lot of pantomime into his dancing, which is fantastic. I think it's just something he adds, like when he takes a drag from an imaginary cigarett, etc...

I don't think they have any special signifigance, I think it's just for theatrical affect. Michael incorporates a lot of pantomime into his dancing, which is fantastic. I think it's just something he adds, like when he takes a drag from an imaginary cigarett, etc...[/b]
That was neat too! But I didn't see I as being an imaginary cigarette (if you are referring to what he does in this video.) I was thinking that he put something into his mouth the allow him to exhale the vapor. I know they provided 'plasma' effect elsewhere without, but I really thought that for that instance it was real. There is that delay where we are distracted by the Joker and then back to Michael and his exhale.

There are so many little details in that video that make it interesting. Everytime I watch it I notice something else to think about. I wonder what will happen when I give the high quality video and can actually SEE.

I love the classical music that he uses in Ghosts as well. He plays with the dramatic interludes, building tension and then relieving it.

There's for sure a lot going on, all of Michael's work is like that, so each time you view or listen to it, you pick up on something new, which is great. Michael actually mimes smoking a lot. He did it as well in his 88 Grammy performance. You can see him in Ghosts holding up his fingers as though he's holding a cigerett I think. You'll enjoy the DVD, the picture is great. There's no menue, but you don't really need one.

There's for sure a lot going on, all of Michael's work is like that, so each time you view or listen to it, you pick up on something new, which is great. Michael actually mimes smoking a lot. He did it as well in his 88 Grammy performance. You can see him in Ghosts holding up his fingers as though he's holding a cigerett I think. You'll enjoy the DVD, the picture is great. There's no menue, but you don't really need one.[/b]
He does hold up his fingers and suck in like he is smoking but that is when the plasma (vapor) comes out of his mouth. I guess it could be miming smoking and blowing out smoke, but I just didn't see it as that. I saw it as inhaling air and exhaling 'cold' because the Maestro is magic.

:cry:

Thank you for placing an order with Newtown Video Dist. Unfortunately the following item(s) are no longer available and cannot be shipped:
Title Shipped Price ____________________________________________________________ Ghosts 0 $0.00

Ghosts is increadable.. it is released on DVD in some countries, they even have a special edition version with a CD in it.. It has On The Line and some other tracks.. Nothing new to us though..

With the compairison of Thriller and Ghosts, I think it's ok for me to throw this in..

it's my THREATENED video, It has a little story.. Michael (a monster) gets chaced into an abandon house, when cornered he THREATENS them.. :)

check it out!!!

Michael Jackson 'Threatened'

Ghosts is increadable.. it is released on DVD in some countries, they even have a special edition version with a CD in it.. It has On The Line and some other tracks.. Nothing new to us though..

With the compairison of Thriller and Ghosts, I think it's ok for me to throw this in..

it's my THREATENED video, It has a little story.. Michael (a monster) gets chaced into an abandon house, when cornered he THREATENS them.. :)

check it out!!!

Michael Jackson 'Threatened'[/b]
Thanks. I will check it out. I do have the low res u-tube version of Ghosts AND I just found another seller so I will have the official copy in just a couple of days.

Back