Going to Florida, need quick info about Captain EO! :)

ForeverKOP

Proud Member
Hey guys,

So I'm going to Florida in a few weeks and I've always heard stuff about Captain EO being there. I know it's a movie that Michael made, but that's about all I know. Where can it be seen in Florida and what is so special about it? If it's a movie, then why isn't it just out on DVD? Just wondering, because I don't want to go all the way to Florida and then miss out on something so awesome & MJ-related like this. My family is making reservations and buying park tickets tommorrow so I really need to know all the details on this as soon as possible. If you guys could help out, that would be great! Thanks!

Oh I hope you will be able to go see it :)

Captain Eo is at Epcot Theme Park , Imagination Pavilion Located at Disney World , Orlando Fla
Same place it was originally released in 1986 - it was replaced on 1994 by Honey I shrunk the kids
But was brought back by popular demand in 2010 .. Its a short film not a full length movie

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/captain-eo/

Captain-EO.jpg

The legendary Captain EO starring Michael Jackson returns to Epcot theme park! Join millions of fans who thrill to the music and be awed by the visual effects magic of some of the biggest names in Hollywood during this 17-minute interactive film.

Filled with show-stopping musical numbers performed by Michael Jackson, and stunning special effects orchestrated by executive producer George Lucas and director Francis Ford Coppola, Captain EO is a sight and sound spectacular with an enduring message.

Screening in the same Imagination! Pavilion theater in which it played from 1986 to 1994, Captain EO features improved sound, thanks to acoustical enhancements made to the theater in recent years. Captain EO is filled with unforgettable music and imagery that will take a new generation of Guests on a journey to the stars.

What is so special about it
a 3-D science fiction film starring Michael Jackson
Directed by Francis Ford Coppola executive producer was George Lucas
Captain EO is a sight and sound spectacular with an enduring message.
show-stopping musical numbers performed by Michael Jackson
stunning special effects, unforgettable music and imagery
will take a new generation of Guests on a journey to the stars.

I was there last year and I can tell you the show is awesome. :wild: I saw it 5-6 consecutive times..........I wanted to absorb every little detail. :lol: Be advised that even though the park stays open 'til 9:00 PM, the last show for Captain EO is around 5:00-5:30 PM. :sigh: That was kind of disappointing. :sad: Make sure to stay for the fireworks! :wild:

I saw Captain Eo in Disneyworld, Florida in 1992 when I was 10 years old...I was so excited, my sister and I were convinced that we would get to meet Michael at the show :D

It was great, though! I loved it, although I don't remember it that well....I just know it was magical, as with everything MJ-related :wild: ;)

Looks like we're definitely going to Epcot then, awesome! When we're in the park though, will we need to buy any tickets or pay any fees to see Captain EO? And they show it multiple times a day, right?

Once you are in The Epcot park you will have free access. They show it several times a day
someone above said last show is 5-5:30 PM

You'll LOVE it, I'm sure. I saw it back in '86 when it first premiered at Epcot. Orlando has been my home for 30 years now.

I remember seeing it at Disney World in 1988 when I was 3 (many times in 1 day) and then again at Tokyo Disney Land in 2011 (many times in 1 day)!! It's AMAZING!! I wanna see it again at Disney World. LOL!!

Back