Great Quotes

The Job that takes longest to finish is the one you have not yet started. (can't remember the author, but it might have been JRR Tolkein.)

“The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.” - Oscar Wilde

"Friends show their love - in times of trouble, not in happiness"
{Euripides}

"The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage."
{Thucydides}

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
{Albert Einstein}

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
{Albert Einstein}

"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being good all the time. That would be hypocrisy." - Oscar Wilde

:sleep:

..."So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key"... ~ The Eagles "Already Gone"

" Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present"

I don't know who said it :p

Luck is the only thing that doubles if you share it.

No idea who said that. :pardon:

"Everybody loves you when you re six foot in the ground"
{John Lennon}

150978_10151205412676762_341197618_n.jpg

When a woman says "what?" it's not because she didn't hear you.
She's giving you a chance to change what you said.

:lol:

“That crazy concept that we’re not really responsible for the course our lives take. That it’s all predestined, written in the stars. Maybe that explains why, if you live in a city, where you can’t even see the stars, your love life tends to feel a little more random. And even if our every man, every kiss, every heartache, is pre-ordered from some cosmic catalogue, can we still take a wrong step and wander off our own personal milky way? I couldn’t help but wonder, can you make a mistake and miss your fate?” ~ Carrie, Sex and the City

The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?

Albert Einstein

Sydney J. Harris
When I hear someone sigh ‘life is hard’ I’m always tempted to ask ‘compared to what?’

^ so true

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.
{ Alice Walker }

^I know. :p

Wilma Askinas
A friend is someone who sees through you and still enjoys the view.

Walter Savage Lander
Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven.

“Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of creation.” ~ Michael Jackson :heart:

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Albert Einstein

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt

C.S. Lewis
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
?.S. Eliot

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
Robert Frost

Back