Guangzhou home for MJ, first MJ statue in China(update:China Daily story, photos posted on page 3!!)

Re: Loyal fans install 1st MJ statue in China (update:big success, photos posted on page 3!!)

Please clean up then a message from Jackson's haters on page 3 and anther one above still remains.. Why did you clean up just my posts? There fans who cannot tolerate this crap coming from Jackson's haters anymore.

Excuse me? I deleted more posts than just yours. People are allowed opinions, of course. Only arguing will be deleted.

Re: Loyal fans install 1st MJ statue in China (update:big success, photos posted on page 3!!)

Excuse me? I deleted more posts than just yours. People are allowed opinions, of course. Only arguing will be deleted.

This thread is NOT about Randy. This is about a statue. And I do not give a shit what opinion haters have about Randy's letter because I have my own opinion about his letter and I ANSWERED to them. And this is what you deleted. So Excuse me?

This thread is NOT about Randy. This is about a statue. And I do not give a shit what opinion haters have about Randy's letter because I have my own opinion about his letter and this is what you deleted. So Excuse me?

Why are you being so rude? This is exactly why your posts were deleted. I deleted your arguing posts. There is a difference. I will not discuss this further.

Why are you being so rude? This is exactly why your posts were deleted. I deleted your arguing posts. There is a difference. I will not discuss this further.

Fine. Next time if I will see Jacksons haters RUDE pointless reamarks, I will send a report.

Back on topic now please.

Sorry if already asked, but what place in China?

Fine. Next time if I will see Jacksons haters RUDE pointless reamarks, I will send a report.

Some people are ... LOL

Pointless statement.

Re: Loyal fans to install 1st MJ statue in China (update: Rany sends thank-u)

Hundrends of fans came!!

a very emotional moment

I will share photos with you!

205401kpa1zypkino1pa61.jpg

210410z0yxa0o0lw16d6la.jpg

2112068tlwwz3221emtii4.jpg

Thanks for sharing these pictures, it looks amazing..

Wow, the statue is absolutely beautiful, I just love it. A big big shout out and thank you to all the fans that made this possible! China you rock!!

"Your loyalty and unwavering support throughout his career,
allowed him to fullfill his dreams,
Igniting a movement for change to improve the lives of others."

I miss you so Michael.

wow. absolutely beautiful. unofficially moving to china

This is amazing! I just wish this continues in other countries.

Beautiful.

Some fans will never stay on-topic...

Ugh this isn't about Randy for crying out loud.

"Michael wanted to come to China very much," said Raymone K. Bain, spokeswoman for Michael Jackson.

"He loved Chinese fans. He even submitted an application to sing at the Beijing Olympics, but the Olympic committee said they would consider it and never got back to us."

source:http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2010-06/25/content_20351347.htm

I am happy Chinese are aware of Michael's love, and organize appreciation by immortalizing Michael with statue.

gr8 job guysssssssssssss......................love u all fans.

This is beautiful, I sure hope to be able to visit it someday.

Artist did justice to MJJ. I do love his work. He sculpted MJJ's body perfectly: broad shoulders, thighs, long arms, dancer body, crotch, posture, pride. One of the most beautiful sculpture that I have seen.

This is just further proof that Michael is Greatest Entertainer Ever!!!!!!!!!!

No other person in showbiz will ever receive such honours.............

And what's better............this isn't the last statue of MJ that will be created for the World to see!!!!!!!

Beautiful statue....Bravo fans from China!

I also love the surrounding nature, quite Amazing :-D.

001372a9ae270ef405ca16.jpg

For Huang Zhenhui and his team, a Michael Jackson statue is a dream come true.

And in recognition of this, these Guangzhou-based fans of the late "king of pop" received a letter from his youngest brother Randy Jackson.

"We're proud of you as fans for recognizing his (Michael's) true gifts and talents as an entertainer and a humanitarian."

"The dedication of a statue in Michael's honor is a true manifestation of your steadfast love, devotion and support, (and) for this we're humbly grateful," it reads.

The statue is a 2.3-meter high bronze in Guangzhou Sculpture Park, Guangdong province. Jackson's letter forms the inscription on its base.

Standing next to those of numerous historical figures and VIPs, the statue shows Jackson with his arms extended.
Huang, a 33-year-old event planner, fell for the Jackson magic in 1991. After the star's death in June 2009, he organized several memorial activities in the city. It was during a regular meeting with friends, mostly Jackson fans, in May 2010, at a bar near the sculpture park, that Huang came up with his idea of having a statue of Jackson in the park.

He recalls how his friends laughed at him then, pointing out the incongruity of having a popular foreign star featured in the largest sculpture park of the country.
"Even Elvis Presley hasn't been treated with that honor," they told him.

But one of them did let on that she knew artists at the Guangzhou Sculpture Institute. Huang tracked down Lu Zengkang, a sculptor with access to the park's officials, and told him of his interest.

Huang was clear from the beginning that the statue should be available for public viewing.

"We want to share Jackson's artistic achievements and charitable nature with whoever looks at it," he told Lu.

Huang was soon joined by 14 of his friends. While they had secured a place for, and a creator of, the statue, they still had to arrange the funding.

Huang turned to online fan forum of Michael Jackson Chinese Fanclub (MJJCN.com) to raise the required 158,000 yuan ($24,031). The team invited donations from fans nationwide and even launched an auction of Jackson collectibles, from some 350 fans.
But as Huang inched closer to realizing his dream, he found himself facing criticisms for wasting money.

His critics said the money could be put to better use and given to needy kids.
But Huang carried on and finally won them over.

On the day of the statue's unveiling in January, Jackson's former partner and musician, Howard McCrary, arrived from the United States and gave a performance for the 600 fans present.

The statue conveys a message of love, peace and tolerance, says its sculptor Lu.

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2011-03/23/content_22207090.htm

angel3l.gif
angel3r.gif

"The statue conveys a message of love, peace and tolerance", says its sculptor Lu.
WELL DONE. THANK YOU, LU. :agree:

wow, thats really amazing. I wish i could get out there to see it though. Tbh, i hope this isn;t the same as the one they are putting up here though, personally, i was hoping for a more, dance based pose in our one =) like on the toes, or screaming "hoooooooooooooooooo!"

This is just further proof that Michael is Greatest Entertainer Ever!!!!!!!!!!

No other person in showbiz will ever receive such honours.............

And what's better............this isn't the last statue of MJ that will be created for the World to see!!!!!!!

So so True, and this statue is among only Chinese VIPs and historical figures!!

Back