Guide to commerative/tribute magazines on MJ [Offical Thread]

I bought the Vanity Fair today and read the whole thing in one sitting. It's not one big interview, it's bits and pieces of different interviews that she did with Michael from 1972 until some point in the 90s. I forgot the date of the last interview [already], but I remember she concluded with 2001 being the last year that she ever saw him.

I love the pictures, which is the main reason I bought it. =x I really enjoyed the interview too though. It breaks my heart. You can tell by the way he was answering the questions differently how he was actually changing over the years. I just hate that it's only a few pages. :( It's pretty cheap though so it was worth it for me.

Here are some scans from Ebony:

scan0006.jpg

I love this picture Is that the Ebony Tribute or the regular issue?

hey all :waving:

i what to my book store call chapters :yes: i got there ever tuesday and thuesday :yes:
so i look for more tribute Magazimes of MJ :yes: so i found the Vanity fair magazine :D where i live it cost $5.95 :)

so here is picture of it :D
Vanityfair.jpg

My husband is getting annoyed at me for buying all of these tribute mags. LOL!

hey :waving: who ever ask me to upload inside of the tribute of this magazine here you go :)
please don't ask me :( cause it me 2 hours to upload:dropdead::dropdead:know it's 1:00am :baby: but i can do anything for my ppls here :clapping:

here is cove of mag:
MJstuff001-1.jpg

here is inside of mag:
greatestentertainers001.jpg

greatestentertainers002.jpg

greatestentertainers003.jpg

greatestentertainers004.jpg

greatestentertainers005.jpg

greatestentertainers006.jpg

greatestentertainers007.jpg

greatestentertainers008.jpg

greatestentertainers009.jpg

greatestentertainers010.jpg

greatestentertainers011.jpg

greatestentertainers012.jpg

greatestentertainers013.jpg

greatestentertainers014.jpg

greatestentertainers015.jpg

greatestentertainers016.jpg

greatestentertainers017.jpg

greatestentertainers018.jpg

greatestentertainers019.jpg

greatestentertainers020.jpg

greatestentertainers021.jpg

greatestentertainers022.jpg

greatestentertainers023.jpg

greatestentertainers024.jpg

greatestentertainers025.jpg

greatestentertainers026.jpg

greatestentertainers027.jpg

greatestentertainers028.jpg

greatestentertainers029.jpg

greatestentertainers033.jpg

greatestentertainers034.jpg

greatestentertainers035.jpg

greatestentertainers036.jpg

greatestentertainers037.jpg

greatestentertainers038.jpg

greatestentertainers039.jpg

greatestentertainers040.jpg

greatestentertainers041.jpg

wow! im in australia and i didnt find any places selling smash hits. i looked everywhere for that one. ill probably import later

Can you plz upload all the pages related to Mike in this magazine.

:yes: i'll upload the pictures from that Magazine for you :)

Mybe i should make thread of inside of all the tribute magazines and non tribute magazines of MJ :D what you all think of that :):timer::cheeky:

hey :waving: who ever ask me to upload inside of the tribute of this magazine here you go :)
please don't ask me :( cause it me 2 hours to upload:dropdead::dropdead:know it's 1:00am :baby: but i can do anything for my ppls here :clapping:

here is cove of mag:
MJstuff001-1.jpg

here is inside of mag:
greatestentertainers001.jpg

greatestentertainers002.jpg

greatestentertainers003.jpg

greatestentertainers004.jpg

greatestentertainers005.jpg

greatestentertainers006.jpg

greatestentertainers007.jpg

greatestentertainers008.jpg

greatestentertainers009.jpg

greatestentertainers010.jpg

greatestentertainers011.jpg

greatestentertainers012.jpg

greatestentertainers013.jpg

greatestentertainers014.jpg

greatestentertainers015.jpg

greatestentertainers016.jpg

greatestentertainers017.jpg

greatestentertainers018.jpg

greatestentertainers019.jpg

greatestentertainers020.jpg

greatestentertainers021.jpg

greatestentertainers022.jpg

greatestentertainers023.jpg

greatestentertainers024.jpg

greatestentertainers025.jpg

greatestentertainers026.jpg

greatestentertainers027.jpg

greatestentertainers028.jpg

greatestentertainers029.jpg

greatestentertainers033.jpg

greatestentertainers034.jpg

greatestentertainers035.jpg

greatestentertainers036.jpg

greatestentertainers037.jpg

greatestentertainers038.jpg

greatestentertainers039.jpg

greatestentertainers040.jpg

greatestentertainers041.jpg

Thank you rockstar! :clapping:

here you go Vrigo 3079 here is pictures inside that magazine you ask for :)

here is cover:
nontributemagazine001-1.jpg

here is inside of Ebony:
MichaelOuricon001.jpg

MichaelOuricon002.jpg

MichaelOuricon003.jpg

MichaelOuricon004.jpg

MichaelOuricon005.jpg

MichaelOuricon006.jpg

MichaelOuricon007.jpg

MichaelOuricon008.jpg

MichaelOuricon009.jpg

MichaelOuricon010.jpg

MichaelOuricon011.jpg

MichaelOuricon012.jpg

MichaelOuricon013.jpg

MichaelOuricon014.jpg

MichaelOuricon015.jpg

MichaelOuricon016.jpg

oh mah gawd...it's available now???? I gotta get it :D

I found it in WH Smith yesterday. I did order it form the states as well (in early July) not thinking a UK store would stock it. It is a beautiful item.

Is this only in London, at the moment or did you find it outside of London?

WH Smith now have the Ebony tribute in stock.

I have the Word Up! magazine. It's quite good. The part in which they discussed Debbie didn't really have a tribute tone though. It was a bit inappropriate really.

i have that one is amazing :)

does it loo like this :D :)
wordup001-2.jpg

WH Smith now have the Ebony tribute in stock.

Does this edition of Source magazine have the humanitarian article from the magazine's Website? It was dated June 27, I think.

This magazine is not soley dedicated to Michael but has a few nice photos:

scan0003-1.jpg

scan0004.jpg

I wasn't going to buy this tribute magazine (the first one), but after seeing your scans of it I'm seriously considerating it. You've done a good job selling it :) I saw the Rollingstone mag & won't be getting that one but will be getting the Sept edition of Ebony & the Ebony tribute issue.

hi :waving: on the weekend i got three magazines here they're :)

MJstuff001.jpg

nontributemagazine001.jpg

nontributemagazine002.jpg

I wasn't going to buy this tribute magazine (the first one), but after seeing your scans of it I'm seriously considerating it. You've done a good job selling it :) I saw the Rollingstone mag & won't be getting that one but will be getting the Sept edition of Ebony & the Ebony tribute issue.[/quote]

both Ebony is amazing :D :yes:

the tribute of MJ from Rolling stone is good but other rolling stones is o.k they also take about MJ this is it concert :)

hey all :waving: is very quiet in here :thinking:

i found this new tribute magazine on website is call GQ Magazine :)

here is picture of it
MJGQCOVER.jpg

I saw that and I decided to pass. I didn't like that title "When Michael Was Cool." MJ was always cool.

I decided to hold off of buying more tributes until I decided whether or not to pre-order the Opus.

today is Thursday is the day i go out with my worker Maggie :yes: she takes me to Chapters every Tuesday and Thursday :yes: :jump: she what i can find today :D
i make sure i'll post them :)

ooh i forgot my mother is going out too i ask here if she see any of MJ stuff and i ask please, please pretty please and she say o.k :D :jump: i also ask here she can find some Non Tirbute Magazines and Tirbute Magazine of MJ can you please and she o.k :)

so i make sure i post :)

ooh i also forgot that i have about Four Magazine holders i Decoration it looks amazing :D

also too i was thinking that all of you ppls love that i post all Magazines pictures inside magazines i just through maybe i should make anyother thread about the magazines to post all the pictures inside the magazine what you think of that or not :)

hey all :waving: is very quiet in here :thinking:

i found this new tribute magazine on website is call GQ Magazine :)

here is picture of it
MJGQCOVER.jpg

This GQ article is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! I am so serious. I took down the author's name because I am going to complain to GQ.

I went to the bookstore to read the article because I don't buy the magazine if the articles are negative to Michael.

First, the headline cover was a turn off as noted by other members here. 'When Michael was cool. . .' referring to how he was in the early 1980s.

Then the actual title was 'Back in the day- Before the weirdness. . .' etc.

The absolute worst part of the article was when the author had the audacity to write:

'IT FEELS STRANGE TO WRITE ABOUT SOMEBODY WHO COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD MOLESTER. . .'

Then this author (his name is John Jeremiah Sullivan) wrote several paragraphs about Ian Halperin's book. In the article, you get the feeling that he really knew nothing about Michael Jackson besides from what you hear from the media and he even writes that he read all these MJ biographies in one week to write the article or something like that.

He also comments about MJ being gay but follows up with comments from Michael denying that.

He also states that he is white and made this observation that Michael was always so much more open in interviews to magazines such as Ebony and Jet magazine. Then he goes into this 'race' thing.

This isn't the worst article out there, but this is certainly NO TRIBUTE. Such a shame because it had great pictures.

On the other hand, there was a great Michael tribute in the Sept 2009 issue of ESSENCE MAGAZINE. It's a magazine focused on women of color, so unfortunately, Michael is not on the cover. . . well, he has a small picture on top of the mag with a headline that says 30 page tribute to the KOP.

http://www.essence.com/news_enterta...ence_september_cover_issue_table_of_contents/

But the articles here are sooooo worth it and soooo beautiful! They have an article by Suzanne de Passe, which was very nice. Quotes by Bill Cosby, Patti Labelle, and Glady Knight.

I was very impressed with the articles and pictures in this one. It's also only $4!

Ah, if only they put him on the cover! People would definitely buy this one!

This GQ article is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! I am so serious. I took down the author's name because I am going to complain to GQ.

I went to the bookstore to read the article because I don't buy the magazine if the articles are negative to Michael.

First, the headline cover was a turn off as noted by other members here. 'When Michael was cool. . .' referring to how he was in the early 1980s.

Then the actual title was 'Back in the day- Before the weirdness. . .' etc.

The absolute worst part of the article was when the author had the audacity to write:

'IT FEELS STRANGE TO WRITE ABOUT SOMEBODY WHO COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD MOLESTER. . .'

Then this author (his name is John Jeremiah Sullivan) wrote several paragraphs about Ian Halperin's book. In the article, you get the feeling that he really knew nothing about Michael Jackson besides from what you hear from the media and he even writes that he read all these MJ biographies in one week to write the article or something like that.

He also comments about MJ being gay but follows up with comments from Michael denying that.

He also states that he is white and made this observation that Michael was always so much more open in interviews to magazines such as Ebony and Jet magazine. Then he goes into this 'race' thing.

This isn't the worst article out there, but this is certainly NO TRIBUTE. Such a shame because it had great pictures.

really is bad one o.k :thinking: thanks

don't buy the Q magazine is bad :yes: here is picture of it :(
6a00d8341bf6c153ef011570f2993e970c-.jpg

it say the meanest things ever :yes: :cry:

Last edited:
Back