Guide to commerative/tribute magazines on MJ [Offical Thread]

i what the Ebony magazine and the rolling stones magazine too :yes: i hope it comes soon to canada ont :yes: :(

did anyone try to buy, mj magz from www.booksamillion.com, can you trust this site?

You can definitely trust them, they're a legit site. The only thing is their packaging sucks. I ordered about 4 things from them, and 2 of the items came slightly damaged. I will never order magazines from them again just for that reason. Then again though, I'm super picky. If you're fine with some bent corners and the like, then go for it. They have A LOT of magazines that are hard to find elsewhere online.

Last week at work I was opening a box of magazines to put out on the shelves and I found this one:

Treasured Collectibles Magazine:

TreasuredCollectibles.jpg

$7.99

So far I have only seen this one at Rite Aid drugstores.

Also, this is not a tribute issue, but Michael is on the current issue of Jet magazine. It's a black and white photo of him as a child. The article has pictures of the memorial, and I guess, Marlon's interview.

^I was super disappointed with that Treasured Collectibles mag! Half the pages are taken up with a calendar. Blah.

just bought today this Hungarian "magazin"..it has 10 A4 size posters and 8 postcards inside
(i am also interested in trading this for Wonderful world of Michael Jackson magazine, or Word up magazine or Black Men magazine)
DSC01153.jpg

Last week at work I was opening a box of magazines to put out on the shelves and I found this one:

Treasured Collectibles Magazine:

TreasuredCollectibles.jpg

$7.99

So far I have only seen this one at Rite Aid drugstores.

Also, this is not a tribute issue, but Michael is on the current issue of Jet magazine. It's a black and white photo of him as a child. The article has pictures of the memorial, and I guess, Marlon's interview.

I found this and purchased it at a Subway (TTC) newstand. I think that's the only place I've seen it too...

I finally had some free time to spend at the bookstore this afternoon to read some of the tributes. I bought the Time, People and RS when they came out w/o reading them first and I sort of regretted it since they do have some articles that paint Michael negatively.

I really, really like the Life Commemorative Issue one. The articles there are all positive and they devote literally like two sentences to the child abuse charges. But some here said that they didn't like it because most of the pictures are of his youth to the 1980s, which is true. But they are only using the pictures that their photographers have taken.

I really enjoyed it and am going to get the hardbook version of that one.

I've yet to see the Ebony one in my bookstore. :( To anyone who has it, can you describe the articles and stuff? I want to buy stuff with positive words about Michael.

i got the ebony magazine today at my chapters store today :) is amazing :yes:

and also to i got the treased colections preaset Michael Jackson SuperStar :yes: is amazing too i love it :)

I've only got two so far:

Tribute To The King Of Pop - From Child Star To The Greatest Showman On Earth (with Ebony cover photo)

Michael Jackson King Of Pop (Black Cover)

^ Do you have some pics of those? I don't think I've seen them before....

Ok, all you UK people: Check out your local WHS...I found 'Black Men' tribute, 'Black Women Today' tribute and Vanity Fair ( gorgeous front cover and some interviews inside ). Even Borders don't have the first two so I was surprised to find them.

The irony is that it was the first time I WASN'T looking for mags and I ended up with 3 lol :D :D :D

Ok, all you UK people: Check out your local WHS...I found 'Black Men' tribute, 'Black Women Today' tribute and Vanity Fair ( gorgeous front cover and some interviews inside ). Even Borders don't have the first two so I was surprised to find them.

The irony is that it was the first time I WASN'T looking for mags and I ended up with 3 lol :D :D :D

I also found the 'Black Women Today' tribute and the 'XXL Worldwide' tribute at WHS too, there wasn't ANY tribute magazines at Borders which i found odd, WHS seem to have quite a few tribute books and magazines though.

^ Dunno what it's like in the UK but at our Borders thet said that after their supply of tribute mags are sold out they won't be getting any more in. Thought that was kinda weird... I mean if there's a demand why not supply it?

^ Dunno what it's like in the UK but at our Borders thet said that after their supply of tribute mags are sold out they won't be getting any more in. Thought that was kinda weird... I mean if there's a demand why not supply it?

Oh yeah it is the same here too, once they are sold out, that's it ...but we get them a bit later than the USA because the shops have to import them. Like, Rolling Stone only just got here lol :)

:no: i try to find it at my chapters store :thinking: i'll look for it sometime this week or next week where i live comes later :yes:

I receive LIFE and People Tribut hard cover today :) I like em. Well printed.
I will read them tonight

Vanity Fair wow. Last time I went to WH Smith it was still the Heath Ledger cover. I will check it out.

Has anyone else bought the Billboard MJ issue?

I have that one. It's not ALL MJ, but has some interesting things in there.

I've only got two so far:

Tribute To The King Of Pop - From Child Star To The Greatest Showman On Earth (with Ebony cover photo)

Michael Jackson King Of Pop (Black Cover)

Hm. Not sure I know what the first one is.. can you possibly post a scan?

I really, really like the Life Commemorative Issue one. The articles there are all positive and they devote literally like two sentences to the child abuse charges. But some here said that they didn't like it because most of the pictures are of his youth to the 1980s, which is true. But they are only using the pictures that their photographers have taken.

I really enjoyed it and am going to get the hardbook version[/b] of that one.

The hardback leather bound one looks gorgeous but I can't believe it's $100 for only 80 pages! I was flipping out!

---

DON'T FORGET:

September's issue of Ebony! NOT all Michael but has a nice number of pages dedicated to him.

!B(14gH!!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLl)2U9BKeZYjg9ww~~_12.JPG

The Vanity Fair article is great. It is by Lisa Robinson and documents all the interviews she did with Michael in the 70's and early 80's. A few interesting nugets in there too. Well worth reading.

The Vanity Fair article is great. It is by Lisa Robinson and documents all the interviews she did with Michael in the 70's and early 80's. A few interesting nugets in there too. Well worth reading.
sounds nice. how many pages photos does it have?

Does it only feature the Annie Leibowitz pictures? Any previously unpublished ones in there?

Back