Guide to commerative/tribute magazines on MJ [Offical Thread]

Did anyone get this yet?
The cover image is one of the most incredible I've ever seen! (Trying not to look at the headline...)

rollingstone1.jpg

I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me when this picture was taken?

^^That picture is in the Rolling Stone Commemorative Issue as well. It says that it was taken at Neverland in 2005, four months after the trial ended. Of course, we all know that he wasn't even in the country at that time. So whether it was really in 2005 is anyone's guess. It does look like it could be from then though.

Did anyone get this yet?
The cover image is one of the most incredible I've ever seen! (Trying not to look at the headline...)

rollingstone1.jpg

My goodness, he looks so sad in that pic...his eyes don't have that sparkle...he looks lost :cry:

The Vanity Fair article is great. It is by Lisa Robinson and documents all the interviews she did with Michael in the 70's and early 80's. A few interesting nugets in there too. Well worth reading.

Yes, very nice piece that they did. There are about 3 pages of photos, all taken during a 1989 shoot that Michael did with the magazine.

And the cover...

:wild::wild::wild:

Vanity Fair wow. Last time I went to WH Smith it was still the Heath Ledger cover. I will check it out.

Today I realised that Vanity Fair is in every single newsagent, so should be very easy to find. The pictures are so beautiful, he looked so relaxed :wub:

Did anyone get this yet?

rollingstone1.jpg

so is this magazine o.k to have or not cause i what out today i saw it but i mom say it wasn'y nice at all she say :( but i like to get it

today i what out with my mom to do some shoppying i saw that rolling stone magazine but my mom wasn't happy with it :( but i what it :) :(

but my mom brought me this one is people magazine celebrate the 70's and it has the Jackson 5 in it :)
soon i'll it anyother people magazine celebrate the 80's cause MJ in it so that's what my mom say that she'll get me that one too when it comes out :)

but for right know i'll show you the picture of the people magazine celebrate 70's and jackson 5 in it :)
9781603200677.jpg

here is the people magazine celebrate the 80's but not out yet
6a00d83451b05569e2010536a926b1970c-.jpg

The Vanity Fair photos are all the old ones from the late 80's Vanity shoot. There are about 5 pages of these photos and about 5 full pages of interviews.

I will see if I can get a really hi res of the front cover

Would anyone from DENMARK/NORWAY or other European countries want to swap for UK/USA magazines and specials? If so, please PM me. Thank you.

Re: Billboard the magazine is pretty good but for some reason they sent it to me in a thin white envelope. I had to send it back & request another one. It surprised me to see they would mail it in such a flimsy envelope. I've never received anything in such flimsy packaging.

I have that one. It's not ALL MJ, but has some interesting things in there.

Hm. Not sure I know what the first one is.. can you possibly post a scan?

The hardback leather bound one looks gorgeous but I can't believe it's $100 for only 80 pages! I was flipping out!

---

DON'T FORGET:

September's issue of Ebony! NOT all Michael but has a nice number of pages dedicated to him.

!B(14gH!!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLl)2U9BKeZYjg9ww~~_12.JPG

anyone got the Vanity fair one already, is it good, is there anything bad said about michael? and the pictures i guess are from the bad era shoot right? but they are in color, on b&w?

anyone got the Vanity fair one already, is it good, is there anything bad said about michael? and the pictures i guess are from the bad era shoot right? but they are in color, on b&w?

The Vanity Fair photos are all the old ones from the late 80's Vanity shoot. There are about 5 pages of these photos (colour) and about 5 full pages of interviews. Nothing bad at all is said about Michael.

scan-3.jpg

thank you!
just another question, are the pics, like printed in the way that one pic, is printed on two pages, and the crease, is on his face, like in the middle?

havent got the latest rolling stone but will check it out at the newsagent - want to see what the article is like first buying before

i can't wait for the vanity fair magazine and anyother Ebony magazine i can't wait :D

ooh today i got anyother new Tribute Magazine of MJ at my HMV store is amazing :D

rollingstone1.jpg

i saw this one everywhere in stores :yes: but i didn't sure i should get this one or not can someone let me know thanks :)

Hey guys, here are all the tribute mags I got... And the second pic are the extras... I'm in Australia and would really like some from Europe and the USA if there are any. I dont need Ebony or Vanity Fair cos I already have them on the way...but I would really like magazines where the whole thing is dedicated to Michael...

mh6eqp.jpg

and the ones I have for trade...

2vrxvzr.jpg

pls just PM me or something if youre interested :)

Miss_Star:

Could you ask Borders if they have a better idea when they will get it? Will they have it by the coming weekend: on August 23? I've been tryingn to find out if it will be sold in any stores in England. WHSmith can't tell me anything.

I found the Rolling Stone issue at last in Borders yesterday, the pics are great....but they wanted £7.99 for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is like $12!!! :0

How much does this mag cost in the US and Canada? I am wondering whether it would be cheaper to get it from someone overseas, it may be cheaper even with the postage....

Still no Ebony....Borders told me they will definately get it but there is a 3 week delay because of importing it.

The Vanity Fair photos are all the old ones from the late 80's Vanity shoot. There are about 5 pages of these photos (colour) and about 5 full pages of interviews. Nothing bad at all is said about Michael.

scan-3.jpg

i didn't get a chance to read the whole article...but i think this issue of vanity fair and the ebony tribute and ebony sept issues are pretty good ones.

This magazine is not soley dedicated to Michael but has a few nice photos:

scan0003-1.jpg

scan0004.jpg

I've only bought this one online
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/emiliarocks/MJstuff001.jpg
I'm a bit disappointed with it.

And the Vanity Fair one at the Stanstead airport last week (loooooooooove that photoshoot and cover!!). I wanted the magazine with me on the plane because I was very nervous and I felt much better with it than when I was flying to London :(. I sort of felt like MJ was with me :(
I haven't read the whole thing yet though because I start to get too sad reading his words. I almost cried at the airport.

Back