Guide to commerative/tribute magazines on MJ [Offical Thread]

Re: Guide to Commerative/Tribute Magazines on MJ [Official Thread]

MoonGlider - the mag with his hands clasped in that picture, is a German mag called Stern. Surprisingly I found it here. And though I can't understand much German, the pics were nice and I loved the cover, so I bought it, haha.

Thanks SO much for all the info! I know there are some preview pages on the B&N site of that NY Times package, but the description wasn't 100% clear on whether it was actual newspaper or not. It actually says 'paperback'. So I emailed the NY Times who told me it was also a paperback book! But now you've shown me that it's NOT! People seriously need to get their facts straight...

This is my collection, I have a few more to get:

002-1.jpg

MJfan can you tell me more about the one where Michael is in Red, from the History era?

MJfan can you tell me more about the one where Michael is in Red, from the History era?

I picked that one up from my local drug store. I haven't had a chance to read it but it wasn't hard to find. I will get the name of the magazine as soon as I get a chance.

Wow I wish I could find these magazines. In Australia I've only come across a few and most were sold out by the time I went to newsagents. The only ones I regularly come across is the Australian Rolling Stone. Havent seen the Smash Hits or Bravo magazines in years.

If youre talking about the 3rd magazine in the first row, its called Word Up and I have an extra copy if anyone would like it. I will only have it in August though. I got it shipped to my friend's house in the US because it was cheaper that way, haha. I'm going to visit in August so I'll be picking it up then. If anyone's interested, please PM me. I'm not looking to make a profit, just selling it for what I paid + shipping.

What are the two on the far left-- the one that says "BYE" and the one where Michael's hands are clasped?

The one that says bye is a swedish newspapers tribute. The one where Michael's hands are clasped is a german magazine called Stern. Though I regret buying it it had the last picture of MJ posted in it. Bought because the cover was gorgeous.

I just got my hands on the Ebony magazine from Barnes and Noble. It is amazing. I have never seen most of these pictures before!

MoonGlider - the mag with his hands clasped in that picture, is a German mag called Stern. Surprisingly I found it here. And though I can't understand much German, the pics were nice and I loved the cover, so I bought it, haha.

Thanks SO much for all the info! I know there are some preview pages on the B&N site of that NY Times package, but the description wasn't 100% clear on whether it was actual newspaper or not. It actually says 'paperback'. So I emailed the NY Times who told me it was also a paperback book! But now you've shown me that it's NOT! People seriously need to get their facts straight...
Thanks.

That is odd. No, it is definitely a newspaper. :D

The one that says bye is a swedish newspapers tribute. The one where Michael's hands are clasped is a german magazine called Stern. Though I regret buying it it had the last picture of MJ posted in it. Bought because the cover was gorgeous.
Thanks. I really love the covers. I wish I could take a look at them.

I just got my hands on the Ebony magazine from Barnes and Noble. It is amazing. I have never seen most of these pictures before!

Really? I thought it hadn't come out yet. I'mma check mine today!

It will have to wait weeks for mine to arrive :(

I decided to just pre-order Ebony on Barnes and Noble's website. The cost of the magazine is $8.24 (online), and then $3.99 for regular or expedited shipping. At least this way I know I will get a copy.

I've already seen it in some bookstores and newstands here in the city so you may not have to wait for it. I'm kinda regretting ordering it on the ebony website because I can have a copy of it tomorrow if I wanted, instead of waiting 4-6 weeks. :(

I'm kinda regretting ordering it on the ebony website because I can have a copy of it tomorrow if I wanted, instead of waiting 4-6 weeks. :(
I'm sure you'll have no problems selling it.

Guys that bought the Life tribute, is it a fat book or like not too fat?

hmm, ok, that's nice. i hope it doesn't talk about the plastic surgerys, and the accusations, does it? and does anyone, have the ebony yet? and can post scans?

:no: i don't have ebony magazine yet :no:

that newpaper you all talking about do you what me to post pictures of it :) :D i be happy too cause :)

I got the Ebony Magazine now. It's in stores now across the US, I hope. I live in Atlanta and I got mine yesterday and it's amazing.

I decided to just pre-order Ebony on Barnes and Noble's website. The cost of the magazine is $8.24 (online), and then $3.99 for regular or expedited shipping. At least this way I know I will get a copy.

I cant find Ebony MJ special on Barnes n' Nobles website, how did you find it?

Does anyone think the Billboard MJ tribute magazine is good? Is it worth buying it?

I cant find Ebony MJ special on Barnes n' Nobles website, how did you find it?

Go to their website, and type in "Michael Jackson in his own words" in the search box, and the first result will say "Michael Jackson Commemorative Issue--In His Own Words," and the publisher is Johnson Publishing Company. That's the Ebony tribute. It says that it will be available July 28 (tomorrow). I got the expedited shipping so I should have mine no later than Friday. I can't wait to see it.

Last edited:

Go to their website, and type in "Michael Jackson in his own words" in the search box, and the first result will say "Michael Jackson Commemorative Issue--In His Own Words," and the publisher is Johnson Publishing Company. That's the Ebony tribute. It says that it will be available July 28 (tomorrow). I got the expedited shipping so I should have mine no later than Friday. I can't wait to see it.

Thank you, highly appreciated.

My mother in law finally got Ebony for me, can't wait to get home and see it. She got it from Barnes&Noble and said it was the last one. We live in a smaller town so if we have it it should be out everywhere. yay.

Anyone found the magazin called: Wonderful world of Michael Jackson?
i was told i am in it....i can not find it here and all online stores that sell it do not ship to my country

Back