Hectare of Russian Rainforest Named After Michael Jackson

Wow, wonderful news. What a great honor. I wish my country could do something like this. Very nice, Russia. :clapping: That's so awesome.

I never knew about it, so I'm glad it was posted anyway. :lol:
It's the sort of news you don't mind hearing over.

This is so great for them to do this, michael will allways be remembered in so many ways. and never forgotten.

wow! it's great that they honor and appreciate michael while he was alive at the time where all those crazy rumors are blowing

if michael knew this, i bet he's very happy

wonderful, i want to do like this in Amazon rain florest or in Pantanal , here in Brazil
congratulations for this act!

Ten Michael Jackson fans from Russia have given Michael a unique present.

Katja Shabanova writes:

"We are supporters of The World Wildlife Fund. The WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.

"In 1997, 70 000 hectares of forest were burned in the Altai Region in Russia. It was a real nature disaster. It was a heavy drought, and wind speed reached 24 meters a second. It was almost impossible to save the forest. Such fires are very uncommon. The lines of pine-trees whose width reached from 6 to 40 km stretched along many hundred kilometres through the Altai steppes. The trees grew on sandy dunes, they prevented dusty storms and the shifting of vast masses of sand, and they gave a shelter for many animals and plants.

"Now instead of coniferous forests there are just carbonized remains of trees and voids. If people don't revive just a part of the burned forest , about 3.5 million hectares of land will be lost. For the Altai Region it is an imminent disaster. So the Altai Region Forestry Department and WWF worked out a program for reviving the forest. Everyone can help this program by donating money. A donator has a right to give a name this part of forest he/she helped to revive."

"We have donated money to the WWF to revive 1 hectare (3000-5000 trees) of the forest where trees will be planted this spring (this April to be exact).

"This hectare was named in honour of Michael Jackson. Near that area a billboard with Michael's name will be established very soon. And this part of the Altai forest in Russia will be called by the name of Michael Jackson forever.

This just gave me chills! Wow! Such a beautiful and perfect honor for Michael. Wow, this makes me feel good about the world again...

The whole world should be named after Michael Jackson, but this is a good start.

No, I'm very happy to hear this, good news, beautifull.

Back