Hey, could someone help me guess this song?

MikeFann

Proud Member
So several years ago, I happened to switch to a radio station where the last part of this song was playing. I enjoyed listening to it and I wouldn't mind listening to it again. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the song or who sung it. This is why I come to you, especially those of you who listen to a lot of music. Now, I can try to give a few descriptions on what I heard so far:

- It sounds like it was recorded somewhere in the 1960's - 1970's.

- It sounded like Soul/R&B and had a slow tempo around 90 to 100 BPM.

- It was sung by an African American singing group like the Temptations, The Four Tops, and the O'Jays.

- Parts of the song, perhaps the chorus, had them singing "Ba Ba Ba Ba Baaa Baaa" in harmony. One of the singers, as they were singing this part, sang "BaaaAaaaAaaa" or something of that nature in a higher pitch.

- From what I can remember, some of the lyrics were something like "The country where we come from/belong" and "Flowers everywhere". I'm sure those aren't the exact lyrics.

If anyone can please help me finally find this song, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you. :)

First thing that comes to mind is Barbara Ann by The Regents. It's from the 1960s and it fits the description of you chorus. But it isn't sung by an African American band, it's not very slow tempo-ed and as far as I can remember, I does not have the lyrics "The country where we came from" or "Flowers everywhere" :unsure:

But it's the only one I can think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUghPkBXLIc

Hmmm I tried so hard to find ...but NO succes :(

Please let me know when you find ...you make me curious :)

(Can't stand if I can't find a song which is stuck in my head ;) )

The only things that come close to the soul group/ "ba ba baba" stuff are these two songs I found....but they don't have the lyrics you speak of.

Can you hum the part you know and post it here? lol

@karom: Thank you for the help but unfortunately, that isn't the song. :)

@Treasure: Don't worry. If I find out what this song is, I'll be sure to post the title and group.

@J5master: Thank you for your help as well but neither of those songs are it. I think I might post up a little synth mock up here to give a better idea of what this song is.

HA!!! I hope you post your mock up, because I read your post when I woke up this morning and the "ba ba ba" started me singing the Beach Boys' "Barbara Ann" and I CAN NOT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD NOW!!! It's driven me crazy all day long. :)

@barbee0715: Mwahaha-!...I mean, sorry about that. Once I do the mock up and it's finished, I'll post it here.

Right, so here is a rather short synth mock-up of the part I heard. I remember hearing a Vibraphone so I added that. Keep in mind, this is just a mock up of what I remember hearing and does not represent what the song actually sounds like. However, I hope it's familiar enough to where someone can recognize it. So, here it is:

OMG ^^ this makes it even harder to get out of my mind, LOl
I do not have a clue

@Treasure: And the funny thing is, it might be sitting right in front of my nose in terms of the music group, I just don't know which one.

@karom: Yeah, it's not it but from what I heard of the song you mentioned, it does sound pretty good. :)

I have one last hope ...I can ask someone who knows a lot from music in general ...but he's only online during the weekends, so please be patient.

@Treasure: Thanks for asking him. Please let me know what he says. :)

@Tony R: Thanks for the help but unfortunately, that isn't it, either. :)

Well again, I still don't know what it is-but I really like the mock-up!!! It's a good song. I'm dying to know now too.

@barbee0715: Well, I'm glad you like the mock-up at least. :) I'd really like to know, too.

@N4ty: I'm glad you like what I posted up, Thanks. :)
As for the link you posted, I did try it but it doesn't seem to be working right now. Thanks for the link, either way. I can try it again later. :)

@DuranDuran: Thanks a lot for your help but while it does sound close, I am sorry to say that this is not the song.

@Treasure: Thanks a lot for asking your friend. While both are nice songs, they are unfortunately not the one I am looking for. Please thank your friend for me. I, at least, now know of two songs I've never heard of. :)

I really wish I could give more information about this song but the information I did provide is all I know. I guess I could also say the tune of the song is C sharp?

Hi sorry double post.

Anyone knows the name of a fun and catchy 80´s song i think is 80´s
that starts wiht "ohhhh ohhh ohhhh ohhh ohhh 2nd verse ohhhh ohhh ohhhh ohhh ohhh"

sorry i only remenber this...and is not Laura Branigan - Self Control anyone?
thanks in advance

Back