HIStory 25 [MERGED]

Re: HIStory 25???

TJ yep they truly need to consider this one

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can we all pray that the MJ Estate realizes that we&#39;re starved for new content and at the very least, gives us a remastered <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ghosts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ghosts</a>? HIStory25 is coming up fast. (This is not an invitation to bash the Estate, please. But it sure would be nice to have something to look forward to)</p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1253728906181394433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

someone know in which history concert, scream isn't playback vocals ?
i have see a you tube video with this song with MJ real live vocals but the city was not specified
Thanks

someone know in which history concert, scream isn't playback vocals ?
i have see a you tube video with this song with MJ real live vocals but the city was not specified
Thanks

Brunei 1996

I didn't have any more expectations from the Estate after the Scream compilation...

I hope this allow.

History is turning 25 next month. while we might not get anything for it. Fans on social media are doing celebrations to honor 25 years since the album been release.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Next month is 25 years of Michael Jackson&#8217;s HIStory! There are so many ways we can celebrate as a community, hopefully we can all come together (&#55357;&#56847;) and get some justice for the album on the day. What other ways can we celebrate? How about a concert watch party? <a href="https://t.co/pCduh5Qncg">pic.twitter.com/pCduh5Qncg</a></p>&mdash; &#55349;&#56851;&#55349;&#56886;&#55349;&#56868;&#55349;&#56890; (@kjngofpops) <a href="https://twitter.com/kjngofpops/status/1258808518066438144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i hope this thread is okay to honor our memories and opinions when this album was release.

hope everyone enjoy.

Last edited:
I hope there will be a watch party, I’d love to be there for that!

&#8220;HIStory: Past, Present & Future Book I&#8221; was released on June 20, 1995 and went number 1 in over twenty countries within its first week of release.

This year, we are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of this incredible album where Michael Jackson speaks out about his feelings and emotions. The album is considered autobiographic with songs like &#8220;Scream&#8221;, &#8220;Childhood&#8221;, &#8220;D.S.&#8221;, &#8220;Stranger In Moscow&#8221;, &#8220;Money&#8221; and &#8220;Tabloid Junkie&#8221;. Michael tells us how he feels about being alone, the allegations, and his childhood and stardom.

He also gave us anthems to social conditions and environmental issues with the songs like &#8220;Earth Song&#8221; and &#8220;They Don&#8217;t Care About Us&#8221;.

This year more than ever, this album is the most relevant album of Michael Jackson&#8217;s career! &#8220;HIStory&#8221; is the perfect response to the fake documentary of 2019 but also points out the human conditions we are experiencing today with Coronavirus COVID-19, disastrous global warming, extinction of species, social gaps and racial differences.

Back in 1995, the double album sold over 391,000 copies in its first week in the U.S and globally ever since HIStory sold over 20 million copies!

25 years later, we would like to see this incredible album back in the charts!

For a week starting on June 20, stream or buy (again if you have it already) the album again!

Please note that you will have to stream it 1500 times to count for 1 sale on premium accounts (free accounts may require more).

You can purchase the album on iTunes directly! Every purchase will count for 1 sale!

If you still love collecting CD&#8217;s, visit an approved supplier to pick up a copy.

Let&#8217;s make HIStory again!

MJVibe

Re: HIStory 25th Anniversary Celebration Thread

I'm going to stream it 1500 times this week, sounds like a plan :laughing:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Really pleased to announce my new book, &#39;The Story of HIStory&#39; will be released on 16th June 2020 in paperback. More details coming this week. &#55357;&#56846;&#55357;&#56908;&#55356;&#57340; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/History25?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#History25</a> <a href="https://t.co/Dg3GuK3ct3">pic.twitter.com/Dg3GuK3ct3</a></p>&mdash; Pez Jax (@Pezjax) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pezjax/status/1260520672461234176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It covers the creation of the album: cover, naming, marketing, track by track recording sessions &amp; creation, historical context, short film creation, onset, single releases, charts, cultural impact, legacy. I&#39;ve had some great support from former MJ collaborators in all areas &#55357;&#56898;</p>&mdash; Pez Jax (@Pezjax) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pezjax/status/1260587356408643584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EX_h9WGXYAEA1g-.jpg

:rofl:

Not releasing or celebrating the album with History 25 would be a missed opportunity. Here's hoping the estate do something.

History 25 would be great! With the Broadway show on hold for now the estate needs to switch plans up. New music and video is where it is at now unfortunately with not being able to go out and see a show. Not to get off topic but to revisit Invincible would be a thought. I know Jerkins shot video of the sessions and their are some great tracks left to release from that era.

Janet's fans got Control back into the top 10 recently, can't believe we haven't co-ordinated something similar ourselves yet for Michael, maybe HIStory is a good opportunity to try and choose a week, or a certain number of days where we all buy/stream the album? I know we're spread out round the world, but this is a simple yet effective way of not only supporting Michael, but reminding the media that he won't be cancelled

To be real I don't even like history. but i'm gonna listen some songs on there I do like. in my opinion i agree that history deserve something because all Michael albums in the past has.

I can't wait until 2022 for bad 35th i'm ready for that one and also thriller 40th.

Last edited:
Sad to think MJE will do absolutely nothing for Michael’s most important album.

Re: HIStory 25th Anniversary Celebration Thread

We might not get anything but hey it is what it is. my only answer for other to complain but that won't do anything as we seen.

To be real I don't even like history. but i'm gonna listen some songs on there I do like. in my opinion i agree that history deserve something because all Michael albums in the past has.

I can't wait until 2022 for bad 35th i'm ready for that one and also thriller 40th.

They've already done Bad 25, they won't do a 35th. And if they do another Thriller release it'll probably be for the 50th anniversary. Assuming there's anything left to put on another release.

I don't know the estate tend to be worry about anything that's bad,thriller, and off the wall. (this is it) they did something for off the wall a few years ago but it wasn't anything good. so i wouldn't be surprise if they do anything bad and thriller.

we don't know for sure or if there's anything else left. i believe there's more things left to give us they just not giving it to us because???? i know Michael did say he didn't want some of stuff release. so i respect his wishes.

dam2040;4290258 said:
Sad to think MJE will do absolutely nothing for Michael&#8217;s most important album.

At the very least they could dust off one of those statues and set it up in front of HBO&#8217;s headquarters. And I&#8217;m not even joking.

They've already done Bad 25, they won't do a 35th. And if they do another Thriller release it'll probably be for the 50th anniversary. Assuming there's anything left to put on another release.

They definitely won't do Bad 35, but they will definitely do Thriller 50 and perhaps even Thriller 40. Thriller is Michael's most iconic album and still sells very well every year. There is no way in hell they will pass up the opportunity to make a bit of extra cash and Thriller anniversary edition will guarantee that. Lets not forget that Thriller 25 sold really well in comparison to Bad 25.

And I am sure there have material for Thriller's anniversary edition in the form of unreleased songs, demos & different takes of original songs.

They definitely won't do Bad 35, but they will definitely do Thriller 50 and perhaps even Thriller 40. Thriller is Michael's most iconic album and still sells very well every year. There is no way in hell they will pass up the opportunity to make a bit of extra cash and Thriller anniversary edition will guarantee that. Lets not forget that Thriller 25 sold really well in comparison to Bad 25.

And I am sure there have material for Thriller's anniversary edition in the form of unreleased songs, demos & different takes of original songs.
Thats because Michael was here during thriller 25. I really wish it was more than those aged remixes with artist who are no longer relevant.

ScreenOrigami;4290274 said:
At the very least they could dust off one of those statues and set it up in front of HBO&#8217;s headquarters. And I&#8217;m not even joking.

That would be a great idea. Too much effort

As much as I adore HIStory, I don't think it's revered enough to justify re-release. It's a fantastic album and, in my humble opinion, superior work of art to Thriller or Bad, but it's more about general appeal than quality. Instead of nagging the Estate to pursue some big project with dubious financial return maybe it's better to leave it to fans to spread the word about HIStory, something like the initiative to get Billie Jean to 1 mld views. It's a bit tol late for that now, but mayyybe 30th anniversary?

As much as I adore HIStory, I don't think it's revered enough to justify re-release. It's a fantastic album and, in my humble opinion, superior work of art to Thriller or Bad, but it's more about general appeal than quality. Instead of nagging the Estate to pursue some big project with dubious financial return maybe it's better to leave it to fans to spread the word about HIStory, something like the initiative to get Billie Jean to 1 mld views. It's a bit tol late for that now, but mayyybe 30th anniversary?

I agree i think HIStory is Michaels most perosnal album. It's full of emotion and it was Michael at his song writing peak.

Michael wrote some of the songs in response to the 1993 allegations, so the Estate doing something (anything, really) with the album after the 2019 allegations would be a sign of solidarity with the fans who have been fighting for MJ tirelessly all the time. That&#8217;s how I see it, and that&#8217;s why I&#8217;m disappointed that apparently nothing is happening for the 25th anniversary.

I don't need numerous anniversary editions of albums. What I want the estate to do, is to call people who were really involved with Michaels music, and ask them what is still sitting in their computers and got Michaels approval. I was kind of shocked to hear in the MJCast that there actually is completely mixed and finalized version of the One Night Only concert that never happened. Rob Hoffman explains how they created pre-production tracks &#8211; with vocals &#8211; in preparation of the concert, and that their work was finished. That just sits there...I would love to hear those tracks.

Back