HIStory Brunei Blu Ray

BTW, did it say a show was located in europe (meaning the tape, but it could be any show), or it's supposed to be an european show?

How will they solve the aspect ratio thing for cinema? Will it just be 4:3 like it was recorded?
They certainly can't (and shouldn't) crop it to 16:9, because to much will be lost in terms of visuals and also resolution.

BTW, did it say a show was located in europe (meaning the tape, but it could be any show), or it's supposed to be an european show?

just because it's found in Europe doesn't mean it's a European show! Gavin lived in Great Britain, which is in Europe... i don't think Munich would need to be found anyway

How will they solve the aspect ratio thing for cinema? Will it just be 4:3 like it was recorded?
They certainly can't (and shouldn't) crop it to 16:9, because to much will be lost in terms of visuals and also resolution.

There are two types of analog HD Camera's, one that films in 16:9 which is an SMPTE, and one that films in 5:3 (1.66:1) which is also the aspect ratio of film reel before it is cropped to 16:9! either is acceptable for a Blu-Ray/Cinema release though of course.

Last edited:
Another thing, Michael didn't use the cherry picker at the beginning of 'Beat It'. Making this concert even more unique.

In that case I would actually prefer it if they insert this small segment from another concert and then continue with the brunei tape once MJ is on stage (in order to get a complete super concert experience for the "general public"). The Munich show we know would be good for that (if the jacket is the same)

I don't think they should be mixing many concerts together. One full concert in the best thing to do and it's more enjoyable to watch. I hope they don't crop the image in any way. It needs to have the original aspect ratio.

Normally I would agree, but it's a common thing to do for concerts and you won't even really notice.

History Tour needs all the enhancements it can get imo for the general public to go like "These were the times. MJ was a great singer and performer" (And I love the History Tour!!)

I agree about the aspect ratio.

The HIStory Tour should never be released to cinemas. It's 90% lip synced, and now a days lip syncing is looked down on and laughed at. HIStory Tour should be released on blu ray only as a low key release for the fans.

The HIStory Tour should not represent Michael as a live performer to the general public. I don't want the general public thinking that Michael was a lip sync artist who couldn't sing live

Last edited:
The HIStory Tour should never be released to cinemas. It's 90% lip synced, and now a days lip syncing is looked down on and laughed at. HIStory Tour should be released on blu ray only as a low key release for the fans.

The HIStory Tour should not represent Michael as a live performer to the general public. I don't want the general public thinking that Michael was a lip sync artist who couldn't sing live
I think Bad Tour should be released on cinemas before HIStory Tour. Then people would see the best tour first. :)

rsggamer123, Knowing Michael, yes it was most probably filmed in HD, whether it will be released on Blu-Ray or not I have no idea, I should imagine so though. :)

HIStory Tour shouldn't be released to cinemas period

I think it should be, Michael was at his prime (in dancing terms of course) it almost feels like a movie compared to a concert.. Fans went to this tour to see him dance, and saying it shouldn't be in cinemas is the wrong way to think IMO.

I think it should be, Michael was at his prime (in dancing terms of course) it almost feels like a movie compared to a concert.. Fans went to this tour to see him dance, and saying it shouldn't be in cinemas is the wrong way to think IMO.

If you want people to think that Michael was a lip sync artist that couldn't sing live then by all means release it to cinemas.

But when Michael is being represented as a live act to the general public then he needs to ALWAYS be shown at his best. HIStory Tour is not him at his best, and it doesn't do him justice.

Last edited:
If you want people to think that Michael was a lip sync artist that couldn't sing live then by all means release it to cinemas.

But when Michael is being represented as a live act to the general public then he needs to ALWAYS be shown at his best. HIStory Tour is not him at his best, and it doesn't do him justice.

I really do understand you're sentiments Analogue but darn it, I just want to see some footage of MJ in concert, we have been lacking in that department for too long.. Preferably unseen footage which brings me to another subject, is it too much to ask for unseen footage?

I have to agree with Analogue 500%. If you're going to release a concert in Blu Ray or 3D and in cinemas, then only do it with the BAD tour or any tour before that. An entertainer only wants to be remembered in his prime (just last week I was reading a story about Gene Kelly bowing out of presenting at the Oscars at the last minute, because he did not want to be remembered that way)

The BAD tour was Michael at his 29 year old prime of his life, the best vocals of his life, the best shape of his life, and for the first time, free and in total control of everything. His happiness and joy exudes from every movement of his body to every single note of his voice, to every expression of his face. It's something I would love everyone in the world to experience.

People didn't just go to see Michael dance, they went to hear him sing-that glorious one of a kind voice that I still marvel over, and I grew up with him.

I agree about the lip synching sentiment of the HIStory tour. Go ahead and release it on some kind of estate label if people want it (it's all over YouTube now). Even on this thread, the posters who want it say that he looked bad and tired in 97, but not in 96. But don't show the early shows in 96, because his vocals were bad. Oh, and don't show this and don't show that.

You wouldn't have those issues with the BAD tour. At all.

Enough of this off topic/complaining BS, there are a lot of people who want to see a HIStory Tour release! The fans went to see Michael for his dancing, he put on a brilliant show.. i support the HIStory Tour as much as any other Michael Jackson Tours, we should not ridicule it just because of the lip syncing. Just speak with ANYONE, who attended one of these shows.. i'm sure they share my sentiments! remember that.

Also, read here:

Laryngeal involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus

Laryngeal involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) can range from mild ulcerations, vocal cord paralysis, and edema to necrotizing vasculitis with airway obstruction. In this report, four cases showing the range of severity of this disease manifestation are presented, accompanied by a comprehensive review of the literature. The clinical course of 97 patients with laryngeal involvement with SLE are reviewed, of whom 28% had laryngeal edema and 11% had vocal cord paralysis. In the majority of cases, symptoms such as hoarseness, dyspnea, and vocal cord paralysis resolved with corticosteroid therapy. Other, less common causes of this entity included subglottic stenosis, rheumatoid nodules, inflammatory mass lesions, necrotizing vasculitis, and epiglottitis. The clinical presentation of laryngeal involvement in patients with SLE follows a highly variable course, ranging from an asymptomatic state to severe, life-threatening upper airway compromise. With its unpredictable course and multiple causations, this complication remains a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge to physicians involved in the care of patients with SLE.

Last edited:
I'm sure no fan doubts that lupus was the cause of all that made Michael look bad, or feeling like he had to lip sync. Lupus is horrible, and it flares up severely during stress-good stress as well as bad. Michael was killing himself to perform these shows-hence, the doctors on tour. I think fans just want other people to see him in his best light, that's all.
That said, I would definitely vote to see the Brunei concerts-but they're the only ones.

Enough of this off topic/complaining BS, there are a lot of people who want to see a HIStory Tour release! The fans went to see Michael for his dancing, he put on a brilliant show.. i support the HIStory Tour as much as any other Michael Jackson Tours, we should not ridicule it just because of the lip syncing. Just speak with ANYONE, who attended one of these shows.. i'm sure they share my sentiments! remember that.

Also, read here:

Laryngeal involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus

Laryngeal involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) can range from mild ulcerations, vocal cord paralysis, and edema to necrotizing vasculitis with airway obstruction. In this report, four cases showing the range of severity of this disease manifestation are presented, accompanied by a comprehensive review of the literature. The clinical course of 97 patients with laryngeal involvement with SLE are reviewed, of whom 28% had laryngeal edema and 11% had vocal cord paralysis. In the majority of cases, symptoms such as hoarseness, dyspnea, and vocal cord paralysis resolved with corticosteroid therapy. Other, less common causes of this entity included subglottic stenosis, rheumatoid nodules, inflammatory mass lesions, necrotizing vasculitis, and epiglottitis. The clinical presentation of laryngeal involvement in patients with SLE follows a highly variable course, ranging from an asymptomatic state to severe, life-threatening upper airway compromise. With its unpredictable course and multiple causations, this complication remains a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge to physicians involved in the care of patients with SLE.

Watching a concert at the cinema and actually being at a concert are two different experiences all together. When you're there you get caught up in the excitement and the atmosphere. So the lip syncing wouldn't be as noticeable. Watching it on the big screen makes the lip syncing just really obvious

Also we all know Michael's reasons for lip syncing, but people aren't gonna care if he had this health problem or that healthy problem. All they'll see is a man obviously lip syncing 90% of a concert and they'll heavily criticize him for it.

Watching a concert at the cinema and actually being at a concert are two different experiences all together. When you're there you get caught up in the excitement and the atmosphere. So the lip syncing wouldn't be as noticeable. Watching it on the big screen makes the lip syncing just really obvious

Also we all know Michael's reasons for lip syncing, but people aren't gonna care if he had this health problem or that healthy problem. All they'll see is a man obviously lip syncing 90% of a concert and they'll heavily criticize him for it.

I don't care what anyone says, the HIStory Tour was fantastic and i wanna see it in High Def.. no better concert from that Tour than Brunei

I don't care what anyone says, the HIStory Tour was fantastic and i wanna see it in High Def.. no better concert from that Tour than Brunei

Michael is known as The Greatest Entertainer of all Time. If HIStory Tour is released to cinemas many people will come away from that thinking ''If he's the greatest entertainer of all time, then why does he lip sync?''

I'd do the same thing thing if that was my first experience with Michael as a live performer

Michael is known as The Greatest Entertainer of all Time. If HIStory Tour is released to cinemas many people will come away from that thinking ''If he's the greatest entertainer of all time, then why does he lip sync?''

I'd do the same thing thing if that was my first experience with Michael as a live performer

Well, i'd rather see a performance of Michael dancing flawlessly.. rather than him straining his vocal for two hours.. if you feel this strongly about it then why are you posting here? I know a lot of fans will buy the Blu-Ray show, as it will be the first ever Michael Jackson High Def concert we have seen without any logo and in a lossless 5-7.1 96khz/24 bit audio master, here's something i love.. and i'm fairly sure most people would agree.. especially after seeing the passion and structured integrity of his performance.

''When you can do what Michael Jackson did when you're on stage, nobody gives a **** if you're actually singing or not. The proof is in this video of Michael performing "Billie Jean" at Motown's 25th anniversary in 1983. You see that standing ovation at the end? Yeah. R.I.P. MJ.'' yet, when Beyonce, The Beatles, Freddie Mercury mimed on stage.. everyone went crazy angry! proves what i'm saying.

Well, i'd rather see a performance of Michael dancing flawlessly.. rather than him straining his vocal for two hours.. if you feel this strongly about it then why are you posting here? I know a lot of fans will buy the Blu-Ray show, as it will be the first ever Michael Jackson High Def concert we have seen without any logo and in a lossless 5-7.1 96khz/24 bit audio master, here's something i love.. and i'm fairly sure most people would agree.. especially after seeing the passion and structured integrity of his performance.

''When you can do what Michael Jackson did when you're on stage, nobody gives a **** if you're actually singing or not. The proof is in this video of Michael performing "Billie Jean" at Motown's 25th anniversary in 1983. You see that standing ovation at the end? Yeah. R.I.P. MJ.'' yet, when Beyonce, The Beatles, Freddie Mercury mimed on stage.. everyone went crazy angry! proves what i'm saying.

But you can see him dancing flawlessly without him straining his voice. It's called the BAD Tour

I can understand Zakk wanting this concert in High Def, especially for the flood of memories it will bring back for him. And Brunei would be an excellent choice, from what I've read about it.

But I know that when Michael died I wanted to see him LIVE-NOW-and I ordered the Dangerous Bucharest DVD-to this day I've only watched the first 20-30 minutes of that show. I'm not sure what was wrong-too many crazed girls screaming or whatever-but it wasn't what I remembered about him when I talked about him live.

Then I got my hands on the Yokahoma show-horrible copy-it's grainy and it's in black, gray, fuchsia, and chartreuse. And it's the first leg-more or less the Victory tour.
I've probably watched it 400 times now.

But you can see him dancing flawlessly without him straining his voice. It's called the BAD Tour

Yes, but that won't be released for many years.. would you rather just stick with the crap Bucharest edit and the crap quality VHS until the next decade? Michael's moves are what amazed people, he didn't have anything to prove and i honestly don't care if he's miming or not!

Just imagine seeing this on the big screen

*heaven* but this is called 'HIStory Brunei Blu Ray' for a reason.

Then what can we do to try to get it-but not release it to theatres?

the thing is though, i think it should be released in Cinema's! everyone has opinions, but as an example.. the ending dance from Billie Jean is the best i've ever seen.. simply stunning!

There's no doubt that people will come away from that thinking that MJ was a great dancer, but they won't think he's a good live singer. Michael should be shown at his best with the full package of both great dancing and live singing

the thing is though, i think it should be released in Cinema's! everyone has opinions, but as an example.. the ending dance from Billie Jean is the best i've ever seen.. simply stunning!

Is this the one you're talking about? I just went over to take a look.

There's no doubt that people will come away from that thinking that MJ was a great dancer, but they won't think he's a good live singer. Michael should be shown at his best with the full package of both great dancing and live singing

I get what you're saying, but the dancing is what Michael was mostly about! he IMO is the greatest vocalist of all time, but Michael focused on his dancing for this tour.. plus he didn't wanna strain his voice much anymore.. the BAD Tour took a lot out of him, when you begin performing at 10 years old.. it's hard to keep it up at 100% for the next 30 years.. people shouldn't expect so much of him.. that's all i'm saying. No one is left disappointed after leaving a Michael Jackson show, that's for sure.. no matter the circumstances.

Is this the one you're talking about? I just went over to take a look.

Nope, the ending dance from December 31st 1996! start from 5 min. 17

Back